ORAS OU Mace HO (Peaked 1997)

6th Slot on this team

• Total voters

Hi guys I'm The Mawile Ace, Mace for short, and with Oras ending within a week I thought it would be time to show my favorite team to use. I've peaked at 1997 with this team and here's the proof. http://imgur.com/P8GT7Xc

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite

Mega Scizor has been and will always be my favorite OU mega in Oras. Great typing, movepool and design. 200 speed is so it outspeeds specs Magnezone and sweep after weakening it. Walls mega metagross and sets up on it and +3 sweeps entire teams. And everything else is somewhat standard.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Ttar is great this format. Its movepool is amazing and it could run so many different sets. Banded, scarfed, lefties, and sand rock. Fire punch ohkos ferro , pursuit does 44/88 to slowbro and ohkos lati regardless of them switching out or not. Nothing can switch in on a banded stone edge without taking atleast 40%.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Secret Sword

Standard specs Keldeo set. I prefer HP Bug over ghost/electric since it ohko the rare Celebi that appears from time to time plus it hits all the same pokemon besides Jellicent which isn't taking enough from those 2 moves anyways. Yea but other than that standard set.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Alakazam is my stall breaker. Taunt allows Alakazam to 1v1 Chansey, Energy Ball ohkos Quaqsire which is a major priority so that Scizor can sweep. Basically Alakazam can take out entire stall team on its own if played well enough with the exception of Mega Sableye.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Another standard set. I prefer explosion over stone edge because sometimes I like to sack all my Pokemon so scizor can set up on skarm and it's much easier with explosion. Other than that explosion is good against non-scarf Keldeo since I dont really have a good switch in. And everything else is self explanatory.

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

You may have noticed that Garchomp is the only one with a set gender. That was for that wack Scolipede set with attract. That set is wack but anyway, Garchomp is my rocker. +2 Chomp can 6-0 teams that don't have a counter. But it's walled by togekiss so thats why i ran rock slide for a while but I do prefer SD over rock slide.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Secret Sword

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

This team has a good match up against most teams and playstyles. Keldeo is definitely a major threat especially if its scarf. Shedninja is definitely a problem if ttar is gone and rocks aren't up. But in the end this is an HO team so you have to play agressively if you don't you will lose. Everytime I drop on the ladder is because I was too scared to make a play.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower/T wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Originally I had this over Alakazam (well actually Kyurem B) Clefable works well with the team but Chansey and Sand teams were too much of a problem.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

The first Pokemon I replaced Clefable with. I had Heatran because Bird Spam is super popular and I'm really weak to it.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I replaced Heatran with Latias just to experiment with it. Latias is actually really nice with healing wish allowing me to make risky plays with pokemon I needed to win.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt /Draco Meteor
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyruem-B replaced Latias because of my match against shedninja stall wasn't ideal. Kyruem had its niches but it didn't really work out that's why I prefer Alakazam over it.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

I ran Zapdos for awhile to deal with talonflame and mega pinsir but I didn't like the match up with stall so I quickly dropped it.

Last edited:
Hi The Mawile Ace, cool team, I'm digging the offensive nature of it. Pretty simple trap Keld checks with TTar then proceed to break balance and BO to the point where MSciz can clean. Nice. Few issues I've noticed though, are a complete lack of means with which to deal with Life Orb Tornadus-T with the correct, and most common coverage of Superpower/Hurricane/Heat Wave/Knock Off, outside of revenging with Scarf Lando. Along with this, the team crumbles to +1 ZardX, which finds and insanely easy opportunity to set up against MSciz and Keldeo should it be locked into HP Bug. Keldeo, as you mentioned, is a horrendous match-up for this team to face, as your own Keldeo is your only Water-resist whatsoever, which obviously is far from ideal considering it is 2HKOd by Specs Secret Sword. Another noteworthy poor matchup you have is to Sand offence, especially Excadrill; currently your only ground resist is uninvested Scarf Lando, which has a chance to be 2HKOd by Life Orb Iron Head, and is prone to flinches should you opponent need to go for it. Furthermore, with Landorus being your only physical buffer, Mega Lopunny is also a huge issue for this team, outpacing and 2HKOing each member apart from Landorus. Along with this, Mega Alakazam poses quite the threat to thre team, your only checks to it being Landorus (which is not taking repeated Psychics at all), and Mega Scizor, which, with your current spread, it clean 2HKOd by Focus Blast. All of these issues can be solved with a few minor changes to sets and spreads.

The first alteration I'd suggest is running a bulkier Mega Scizor with a spread of 244 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe with and Impish nature (credits p2 for the spread), and a set of Bullet Punch / U-turn / Swords Dance / Roost. The defensive EVs allow Mega Scizor to live two High Jump Kicks from Mega Lopunny comfortably, whilst surviving 2 Focus Blast from Mega Alakazam, both providing Rocks aren't up. The offensive investment allows it to OHKO standard Calm Clefable at +2 Attack, whilst outpacing max-Speed Adamant Belly Drum Azumarill. U-turn over Bug Bite is to grab momentum into Garchomp from ZardX, the reason for this will become clear later in the rate.

The next set change I'd like to propose is to make Landorus-T the offensive Stealth Rock set with a Yache Berry, with a spread 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe and an Adamant nature, and a set of Earthquake / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance. What this provides you with is a reliable means with which to get up Stealth Rock, a way through which to heavily weaken Rotom-W with +2 Stone Edge, a way to break down many defensive cores through the sheer power of Landorus-T backed with Swords Dance. The EVs are relatively simple: 72 HP investment allows you to live two Life Orb Adamant Iron Heads from Sand Rush excadrill, should the primary Sand check be worn down (coming in a later change), max Attack with and Adamant nature allows Landorus-T to hit as hard as possible and achieve its maximum potential in breaking down slower, bulkier cores, and the Speed investment hits a common benchmark Speed-creeping Pokemon which like to creep positive-natured base 70s such as Volcanion, Breloom, and Bisharp. Yache Berry provides you with and emergency check to threatening Electric-types and Mega Lopunny.

Along with the previous changes, I think that making Garchomp the underrated Choice Scarf set makes much more sense on this team, as its extra Speed brings about a reliable means with which to revenge kill +1 ZardX. A standard spread of 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature does everything you'd want it to do, along with a set of Outrage / Earthquake / Dragon Claw / Stone Edge | Fire Blast. Outrage is an incredibly strong and incredibly spammable STAB move for the late game when both Steel-types have been weakened, and Fairy-types have been eliminated. Fire Blast is an option should you find Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn too much of an issue, being able to lure them in and severely weaken them for the teammates.

Slight set change here, but Crunch is completely non-negotiable on Tyranitar, as Dark-type is one of the most spammable types in OU, allowing Tyranitar to fire off reliable and strong attacks with few reliable resists. Tyranitar has to pick its poison when it comes to coverage between Ice Punch and Superpower, though I agree that especially with the previous changes, Ice Punch is by far the superior option on this team.

->
The first of the changes in Pokemon I'd suggest is changing Alakazam to Choice Specs Latios, with the standard spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature, and a set of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Trick | Thunderbolt. Specs Latios not only brings a source of massive immediate pressure, a means through which to lure in Heatran with Surf to weaken it for Mega Scizor, but, on top of this, and most importantly it gives you a reliable means with which to check Keldeo, something this team desperately needed. Usually, I prefer Psychic on Latios, especially on Specs, but considering you have a Pursuit trapper in Tyranitar you have a means with which to pressure Chansey into range of two Specs Psyshocks, and as a result of the team's ability to do this, Trick may not be necessary, so consider Thunderbolt in the last slot as to lure in Skarmory for Garchomp and Mega Scizor.

->
The final change I'd suggest is to run Rotom-W over Keldeo, with a spread of 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe and a Bold nature, and the standard set of Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / Pain Split / Will-o-Wisp. With the removal of Keldeo, comes the introduction of a poor Bisharp match-up, which is where the Rotom-W spread comes in; the given spread allows Rotom-W to outpace the likes of Jolly Bisharp and burn it, minimising the amount of damage it can do to the team, with the remaining EVs dumped into general bulk. Rotom-W brings to the team a primary means with which to deal with Sand Excadrill, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, and unboosted Mega Pinsir.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 244 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

========
other options

========

Considering that Tyranitar is the only Dark- and Ghost-type resist on the team, you may consider running Choice Scarf Tyranitar over Choice Band with Superpower > Ice Punch as to provide a more reliable revenge killer to Bisharp and a means through which to outpace the likes of Gengar, Mega Metagross, and to chunk what remains a threat to this team, Serperior, with Stone Edge. The trade off is obviously a significantly worse match-up against stall. Just something to consider should you find those match-ups a little too shaky for your liking.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for reading, and I wish you luck in the future with this team!

Last edited:
Hi The Mawile Ace, cool team, I'm digging the offensive nature of it. Pretty simple trap Keld checks with TTar then proceed to break balance and BO to the point where MSciz can clean. Nice. Few issues I've noticed though, are a complete lack of means with which to deal with Life Orb Tornadus-T with the correct, and most common coverage of Superpower/Hurricane/Heat Wave/Knock Off, outside of revenging with Scarf Lando. Along with this, the team crumbles to +1 ZardX, which finds and insanely easy opportunity to set up against MSciz and Keldeo should it be locked into HP Bug. Keldeo, as you mentioned, is a horrendous match-up for this team to face, as your own Keldeo is your only Water-resist whatsoever, which obviously is far from ideal considering it is 2HKOd by Specs Secret Sword. Another noteworthy poor matchup you have is to Sand offence, especially Excadrill; currently your only ground resist is uninvested Scarf Lando, which has a chance to be 2HKOd by Life Orb Iron Head, and is prone to flinches should you opponent need to go for it. Furthermore, with Landorus being your only physical buffer, Mega Lopunny is also a huge issue for this team, outpacing and 2HKOing each member apart from Landorus. Along with this, Mega Alakazam poses quite the threat to thre team, your only checks to it being Landorus (which is not taking repeated Psychics at all), and Mega Scizor, which, with your current spread, it clean 2HKOd by Focus Blast. All of these issues can be solved with a few minor changes to sets and spreads.

The first alteration I'd suggest is running a bulkier Mega Scizor with a spread of 244 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe with and Impish nature (credits p2 for the spread), and a set of Bullet Punch / U-turn / Swords Dance / Roost. The defensive EVs allow Mega Scizor to live two High Jump Kicks from Mega Lopunny comfortably, whilst surviving 2 Focus Blast from Mega Alakazam, both providing Rocks aren't up. The offensive investment allows it to OHKO standard Calm Clefable at +2 Attack, whilst outpacing max-Speed Adamant Belly Drum Azumarill. U-turn over Bug Bite is to grab momentum into Garchomp from ZardX, the reason for this will become clear later in the rate.

The next set change I'd like to propose is to make Landorus-T the offensive Stealth Rock set with a Yache Berry, with a spread 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe and an Adamant nature, and a set of Earthquake / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance. What this provides you with is a reliable means with which to get up Stealth Rock, a way through which to heavily weaken Rotom-W with +2 Stone Edge, a way to break down many defensive cores through the sheer power of Landorus-T backed with Swords Dance. The EVs are relatively simple: 72 HP investment allows you to live two Life Orb Adamant Iron Heads from Sand Rush excadrill, should the primary Sand check be worn down (coming in a later change), max Attack with and Adamant nature allows Landorus-T to hit as hard as possible and achieve its maximum potential in breaking down slower, bulkier cores, and the Speed investment hits a common benchmark Speed-creeping Pokemon which like to creep positive-natured base 70s such as Volcanion, Breloom, and Bisharp. Yache Berry provides you with and emergency check to threatening Electric-types and Mega Lopunny.

Along with the previous changes, I think that making Garchomp the underrated Choice Scarf set makes much more sense on this team, as its extra Speed brings about a reliable means with which to revenge kill +1 ZardX. A standard spread of 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature does everything you'd want it to do, along with a set of Outrage / Earthquake / Dragon Claw / Stone Edge | Fire Blast. Outrage is an incredibly strong and incredibly spammable STAB move for the late game when both Steel-types have been weakened, and Fairy-types have been eliminated. Fire Blast is an option should you find Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn too much of an issue, being able to lure them in and severely weaken them for the teammates.

Slight set change here, but Crunch is completely non-negotiable on Tyranitar, as Dark-type is one of the most spammable types in OU, allowing Tyranitar to fire off reliable and strong attacks with few reliable resists. Tyranitar has to pick its poison when it comes to coverage between Ice Punch and Superpower, though I agree that especially with the previous changes, Ice Punch is by far the superior option on this team.

->
The first of the changes in Pokemon I'd suggest is changing Alakazam to Choice Specs Latios, with the standard spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature, and a set of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Trick | Thunderbolt. Specs Latios not only brings a source of massive immediate pressure, a means through which to lure in Heatran with Surf to weaken it for Mega Scizor, but, on top of this, and most importantly it gives you a reliable means with which to check Keldeo, something this team desperately needed. Usually, I prefer Psychic on Latios, especially on Specs, but considering you have a Pursuit trapper in Tyranitar you have a means with which to pressure Chansey into range of two Specs Psyshocks, and as a result of the team's ability to do this, Trick may not be necessary, so consider Thunderbolt in the last slot as to lure in Skarmory for Garchomp and Mega Scizor.

->
The final change I'd suggest is to run Rotom-W over Keldeo, with a spread of 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe and a Bold nature, and the standard set of Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / Pain Split / Will-o-Wisp. With the removal of Keldeo, comes the introduction of a poor Bisharp match-up, which is where the Rotom-W spread comes in; the given spread allows Rotom-W to outpace the likes of Jolly Bisharp and burn it, minimising the amount of damage it can do to the team, with the remaining EVs dumped into general bulk. Rotom-W brings to the team a primary means with which to deal with Sand Excadrill, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, and unboosted Mega Pinsir.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 244 HP / 32 Atk / 52 Def / 124 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

========
other options

========

Considering that Tyranitar is the only Dark- and Ghost-type resist on the team, you may consider running Choice Scarf Tyranitar over Choice Band with Superpower > Ice Punch as to provide a more reliable revenge killer to Bisharp and a means through which to outpace the likes of Gengar, Mega Metagross, and to chunk what remains a threat to this team, Serperior, with Stone Edge. The trade off is obviously a significantly worse match-up against stall. Just something to consider should you find those match-ups a little too shaky for your liking.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for reading, and I wish you luck in the future with this team!
Thank you for the feedback. I really like the idea of switching lando-T's set into SD rocks my only change to it is giving it a Passho berry over yache since water moves are much more common is this meta. Scarf Garchomp is has always been one of my favorite scarfers besides Jirachi and Lando-t so I definitely will test those two and see how they work.

As for Ttar I usually run fire punch to either ohko and an excadrill that switches in on a predicted stone edge or tries to set up with sd but I will keep an open mind about running crunch over it. As for Scizor I usually don't go to it until late game when all it's threats either weakened to the point where +2 bp/be kills and lopunny usually isn't a problem since I usually take an hjk and either roost just to scout whether it's jolly/adamant or sd and go for game.

Other than that I think rotom will be great addition to the team but I prefer keldeo over it and even tho my team may be fairly weak to Torn(and by that I mean I could potentially get 6-0 by it if they run the perfect coverage set) I can usually play around it where it's not a major problem. Latios on the underhand is something I will think about since it is walled by chansey and leaves me fairly weak to stall with my only answer being Ttar and Lando-t (both of which are walled by quaq and quaq almost never staying in on a lati unless they're crazy) but maybe next gen with unaware nerfed.

Again I like to thank you for checking out my team and giving me feedback and I hope I get better at team building in S/M.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)