Machamp [QC 2/3] (ready for the third check)

QC: super mario bro, alexwolf

GP:

Overview
########

Machamp has access to the combination of Dynamic Punch and No Guard which when combined with his very high attack stat makes him a very annoying pokemon to face. It is also fairly bulky on both sides of the spectrum and has decent coverage in 100% accurate Stone Edge and Ice Punch. The generation shift was a mixed bag for Machamp. On one hand the buff to Knock Off means that he no longer has to rely on Payback for hitting Psychic- and Ghost-type pokemon. With assault vest he becomes very bulky on the special side. But, he also got a new weakness in the Fairy-type which is also resistant to his STAB. Morever strong Flying-type attacks are everywhere in OU which means he has to switch out everytime a user of these moves switces in. He is very slow for an offensive pokemon and is also somewhat outclassed by Conkeldurr in the role of bulky Fighting-type.

Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Dynamic Punch
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Ice Punch / Bullet Punch
ability: No Guard
item: Assault Vest
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Dynamic Punch is a powerful STAB move that hits very hard and confuses the target making it very hard to switch into it. Knock Off is for the Psychic- and Ghost-types and is a very spammable move and cripples any switchin. Stone Edge hits Flying-types very hard and OHKOes Mega Charizard-Y and Talonflane while 2HKOing Gyarados after intimidate and having a very high chance of 2HKOing Togekiss. Ice Punch 2HKOes Gliscor and Landorus-T after intimidate. It also OHKOes garchomp and salamence while 2HKOing Dragonite with multiscale. Bullet Punch is a valuable albeit weak priority move which may come in handy sometimes for killing focus sash users, like, Alakazam or something at very low health but is very weak otherwise. Poison Jab can be used if your team is having problems with fairies.

Set Details
========
No Guard is the only ability Machamp should ever use as it is its only niche. 252 attack EVs with Adamant nature to maximize his attack. 252 HP EVs maximises his bulk and the rest 4 EVs go to speed to outspeed minimum speed Blissey. Assault Vest makes him surprisingly bulky on the special side. He can take a Fire Blast from Mega Charizard-Y in sun and OHKO in return with Stone Edge. +2 Thundurus-I never OHKOes with Thunderbolt while Machamp always OHKOes with Stone Edge. It can also take a surf from +3 Manaphy.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best on balanced teams and works best midgame as a pivot. It is also a very good antilead as Focus Sash Deoxys-S with 252 Special Attack EVs never OHKOes while you kill it with the Knock Off / Bullet Punch combo and against other leads just use dynamic punch.
Midgame, switch in on resisted or weaker attacks and hit hard with Dynamic Punch and watch the target kill itself. If you predict a Ghost- or Psychic-type switchin go for the Knock Off as even if you mispredict something will be crippled. It is also a very spammable move.

Team Options
========
Machamp is wreaked by status, especially, burn. So, something to switch in on will-o-wisp is a good teammate. Talonflame is a good option as it also takes care of Mega Venusaur. Cleric support is also appreciated to keep it healthy and status free. Celebi and Umbreon are good options and have very good synergy with Machamp. A strong Pursuit user which can take care of Ghost- and Psychic-types is very helpful. Heatran and Rotom-W are also good teammates as they can take care of Talonflame which is a big pain for Machmp. Heatran also resists Fairy-type attacks. Machamp has problem breaking through strong physical walls, like, Hippowdon, Skarmory, Slowbro etc. Rotom-W can deal will all of them. Substitute Kyurem-B can also deal with them while also taking care of Mega Venusaur. Aegislash is also a good teammate as it is one of the best switchins to Mega Medicham and the Lati twins.

Other Options
#########

A Guts set can be used but Conkeldurr does it better due to access to STAB priority in Mach Punch. A Choice scarf set can also be used to help mitigate its low speed. A Sub+3 attacks set is also useable but Machamp is too slow to use Substitute before getting hit by a status move. Earthquake can be used on the main set to hit Aegislash without worrying about King's Shield but has no other use.

Checks & Counters
########

Mega-Venusaur fears nothing from Machamp and can use Leech Seed, Sleep Powder or just hit it with its attacking moves. Will-o Wisp cuts its attack into half and is very detrimental. Sableye is a very good option as it is immune to dynamic punch and is neutral to knock Off. Talonflame can easily KO with piority Brave Bird, although it should be wary of switching into Stone Edge. Same goes for Mega Pinsir. Zapdos resists Dynamic Punch and can PP stall it out with sub-roost as dynamic punch has only 4 PP against Zapdos thanks to Pressure. Although confusion hax can foil this strategy and it should be wary of stone edge. Suicune can also stall him out of PP thanks to Pressure easiely. Hippowdown can switchin easiely as it is only 4HKOed by ice punch and can either set up Stealth Rocks, recover the damage with Slack Off phase him outor just 3HKO with Earthquake. Machamp has problem breaking through strong physical walls, like, Slowbro and Skarmory.

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
- DynamicPunch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch / Substitute / Poison Jab

That should be the moveset at all times. Using Bullet Punch just makes Machamp a half-assed Conkeldurr with DynamicPunch. But QC can disagree with me on that.

Substitute can be mentioned in either Moves or OO as Sub + 3 Attacks Machamp is still a deadly force - especially now with Knock Off adding to the annoyance - but to be honest I think Poison Jab is more AC / OO material than Substitute.

Finally you should consider these items before Choice Band and Life Orb.

| Leftovers 25.556% | | Lum Berry 15.192% | | Assault Vest 13.228% |

Tell me if I'm just horribly stupid (because I very well could be), but, considering Machamp's decent bulk, would Weakness Policy be a decent option?

The Will-o-wisp buff doesn't affect it at all IMO, because thanks to No Guard, it wouldn't miss anyway even if it had Sheer Cold's accuracy.

And I'd like to nominate Sableye as a counter.

- DynamicPunch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch / Substitute / Poison Jab

That should be the moveset at all times. Using Bullet Punch just makes Machamp a half-assed Conkeldurr with DynamicPunch. But QC can disagree with me on that.

Substitute can be mentioned in either Moves or OO as Sub + 3 Attacks Machamp is still a deadly force - especially now with Knock Off adding to the annoyance - but to be honest I think Poison Jab is more AC / OO material than Substitute.

Finally you should consider these items before Choice Band and Life Orb.

| Leftovers 25.556% | | Lum Berry 15.192% | | Assault Vest 13.228% |
Agreeing but i would like some discussion on it. Also does sub+3 attacks deserves its own set?

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I actually do think Bullet Punch deserves a slash, as it allows him to immediately kill suicide leads (like Deoxys-S) after it brings them down to their sash, and is often useful against weakened offensive Pokemon. As for items, Assault Vest is the best option because being able to live a hit from Charizard and guaranteeing the OHKO is one of the main things that distinguishes him from his competitor, Conkeldurr. Sub + Lefties is mediocre, as Machamp is too slow to block status, and generally prefers to attack things right off the bat.

In summary, I'd like the (only) set to look like this:

Assault Vest
########
move 4: (not exactly sure how this should be slashed, but Bullet Punch should be in here somewhere)
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
nature: Brave

Other Options:
Sub + Lefties

Reactions: trc
I think there should be two sets:

Substitute
########
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Dynamic Punch
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Stone Edge / Ice Punch
item: Leftovers
evs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe

Assault Vest
########
move 4: Ice Punch / Bullet Punch
evs: 152 HP / 52 Def / 252 Atk / 52 Spe

The HP and Def EVs on Assault Vest give the best overall bulk, I don't know what benchmarks to look for since 0/0 Machamp will still survive Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast and +3 Manaphy's Surf, but 0/252 Machamp will still be 2HKO'd by both. Also, Assault Vest should probably be the first set. But they play fairly differently, and they're both viable enough to be sets.

Edit: Substitute is about taking advantage of the switches that Machamp forces with confusion. Because of Dynamic Punch, it's very easy to set up a sub, ease prediction, and be extremely annoying to remove, because everything that tries to break the sub will in turn be confused or smacked by a very strong attack. Also, Bulk Up in OO because Dynamic Punch forces switches on which you can set up boosts.

Last edited:
I actually do think Bullet Punch deserves a slash, as it allows him to immediately kill suicide leads (like Deoxys-S) after it brings them down to their sash, and is often useful against weakened offensive Pokemon. As for items, Assault Vest is the best option because being able to live a hit from Charizard and guaranteeing the OHKO is one of the main things that distinguishes him from his competitor, Conkeldurr. Sub + Lefties is mediocre, as Machamp is too slow to block status, and generally prefers to attack things right off the bat.

In summary, I'd like the (only) set to look like this:

Assault Vest
########
move 4: (not exactly sure how this should be slashed, but Bullet Punch should be in here somewhere)
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
nature: Brave

Other Options:
Sub + Lefties
Uh, don't you mean an Adamant nature? Anyway, I like the idea of Assault Vest Machamp myself.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
The HP and Def EVs on Assault Vest give the best overall bulk, I don't know what benchmarks to look for since 0/0 Machamp will still survive Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast and +3 Manaphy's Surf, but 0/252 Machamp will still be 2HKO'd by both. Also, Assault Vest should probably be the first set. But they play fairly differently, and they're both viable enough to be sets.
I was playing around on the damage calculator and found a slight variation of your spread that might have some merit.

140 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 12 SpD / 52 Spe makes sure you're never 2HKO'd by 4 SpA Clefable's Moonblast.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
DynamicPunch / Knock Off / Stone Edge / Ice Punch should definitely be the main set, as the targets of Stone Edge and Ice Punch are way more common and dangerous than the targets of Poison Jab. Poison Jab can be slashed second on the last slot for teams that have trouble against Clefable and Sylveon, but that's it. And i don't like Bullet Punch, AC material, other moves have way more use.

And no to the SubPunch set, Machamp needs AV to be worth it.

What's the reason behind the 52 speed instead of 44 usually used with champ? What do those 8 Speed EVs allow it to outrun? No speed invested t-tar?

Anyway, had an idea about a tank machamp with EVs and nature to patch up the weaker side of his bulk, did a lot of testing and calcs and got some nice results:

Tank AV Champ
########
name: Tank AV Champ
move 3: Ice Punch / Poison Jab
move 4: Stone Edge
evs: 100hp / 252atk / 152 Def / 4 Sp Def
nature: Impish

Now impish might look bad, but it actually does not miss you important OHKOs which there are very few anyway without using a damage item (which is always imo because AV is reason to use machamp in OU). 2HKO's are the same as far as I tested. However, on the defensive side, machamp can tank the special attacks just as well with the small amount of reduced HP evs, but the impish nature and defensive evs gives him crazy overall bulk and I'll show you the calcs against the premier attackers in OU most of them after their setup.

Let's start on the physical side, showing the improvements:

Garchomp
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 300-354 (86.7 - 102.3%) --
18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 240-283 (69.3 - 81.7%) --
guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 360-424 (104 - 122.5%) --
guaranteed OHKO

Here, even if garchomp gets a Swords Dance off and for obvious reasons does not want to get locked in, goes for the guaranteed OHKO with EQ - except with this machamp its a measly 18% champ to OHKO! This means a garchomp that is scarfed / lum or even life orb / band will not OHKO you for sure and you will almost always OHKO with Ice Punch (75% chance), which is guaranteed if you have stealth rock on the field. If garchomp has dragon claw, that misses the OHKO cleanly.

Dragonite
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 303-357 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- 18.8%
chance to OHKO
252 Atk Machamp Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 344-408 (106.1 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed
OHKO

Here after even if dragonite has a dragon dance up (+1), Dragonite almost misses the OHKO with outrage whereas if machamp uses ice punch on a dragonite that has taken ANY prior damage - its a guaranteed OHKO. Which means facing a dragonite one-on-one in fear of weakness policy one could go for a dynamic punch, and dragonite would have to be lucky with the confuse after that first turn ddance to hit you with outrage or dragon claw and miss with the OHKO while you finish off with an ice punch.

Mega Lucario
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 260-308 (75.1 -
89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 366-432 (130.2 - 153.7%) --
guaranteed OHKO

Something that has happened to my machamp many times, as standard mega lucario against standard machamp evs (212 Hp, 252 Atk, 44 Spd) gets OHKO often my mega lucario's close combat. here you can see it misses the OHKO cleanly, while obviously machamp OHKO with dynamic punch.

Mega Gyarados
252 Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 306-360 (92.1 - 108.4%) --
guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 300-354 (86.7
- 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

This one was a ridiculous find - pretty much surprising the opponent and guarantee your victory over mega gyarados. With the nature and evs you instantly win against Gyarados as a +2 waterfall almost cleanly misses the OHKO while you almost always OHKO with dynamic punch and get the confuse off (OHKO with stealth rocks). Yes, +2, as in gyarados got off 2 dragon dances, and I even made it the adamant not jolly version.

Mega Charizard X
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 235-277 (67.9 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 150-177 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Here outrage and flare blitz both very threatening to standard machamp (40% chance to OHKO with stealth rocks) now cleanly missing the OHKO even switching into stealth rock a couple times and you have still a guaranteed 2HKO with dynamic punch, stone edge misses OHKO with adamant nature still so its no difference here with that either.

For the final part of the physical side, the interesting unexpected calcs:

Azumarill
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 330-390 (95.3 -
112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 147-174 (42.4 - 50.2%)
-- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

For azumarill sets that do not use choice band (sitrus berry, lum berry etc) play rough actually has a 31% chance of not OHKOing.. if you have fire types / steel types that resist fairy and can safely say that they will predict the switch and go for belly drum / waterfall for the fire type it does not even do HALF, where here you can get off the dynamic punch for a confuse forcing the switch or for them to risk the self-hit.

Talonflame
252 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 140-168 (78.6 - 94.3%) --
guaranteed 2HKO (jolly)
252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 100 HP / 152+ Def Machamp: 288-342 (83.2 - 98.8%) --
guaranteed 2HKO (adamant)
252 Atk Machamp Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 304-360 (197.4 - 233.7%) --
guaranteed OHKO

Oh this one is interesting. Versions of talonflame that aren't banded are aplenty, swords dance, bulk up, etc while carrying leftovers and having roost on them, can't OHKO machamp with even brave bird... including the adamant versions. Safe to say stone edge is a OHKO but the calc is there if you wanna see it.

Now for the special side of things, showing that champ still has just as good special bulk with these evs:

Mega Charizard Y
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp in Sun: 240-283
(69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So here charizard Y misses the OHKO with even Fire Blast, the best it can do against machamp as carrying air slash is just a waste on megazard-Y. And actually, going over the calcs again 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 218-260 (63 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - air slash does less than a sun-boosted fire blast ofc.
Machamp easily OHKOes back with stone edge, without a thought. Standard champ won't survive fire blast (252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Machamp in Sun: 360-424 (97 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO) so most often then not they will go for Fire Blast and be surprised at the AV and faint from the stone edge.

Greninja
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 153-181 (44.2 -
52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 228-268 (79.7 - 93.7%) -- 43.8%
chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Greninja doesn't stand a chance still even with the reduced HP evs as its almost impossible for greninja to 2HKO machamp with even Hydro Pump - which has its own chance to miss mind you. On the other hand, machamp can nearly OHKO with dynamic punch after rocks which is gauranteed kill after the life orb damage from greninja.

Final note: Don't forget that if machamp is around the turn these great sweepers are setting up then they will almost always lose out because they will get confused from the dynamic punch and as I have shown they miss out on a lot of OHKOs after their set ups etc. And all of these are great sweepers in OU, for other attacks and non-set up attacks machamp will tank even better even on the physical side with this new set, and hit back like a boss with a confuse or a knock off to remove the item. I feel like the overall immense dual-bulk while being able to still do a lot of damage and confuse everything, providing knock off utility is very nice with machamp. I feel the evs can still be adjusted but they are what I've been testing successfully so far.

Can someone be a little more specific on exactly how and why Machamp should be used over Conkeldurr? They both have merit in AV set, although Conkeldurr can even take on status moves, since Guts is mostly the preferred ability. I understand the benefits of DynamicPunch and No Guard, although confusion is kinda risky to rely on and more of an annoyance really most of the time. And it's not like Conkeldurr has real accuracy issues (albeit Stone Miss is a classic, if one chooses to use it). I also checked their stats, and Machamp seems to have slightly better special bulk, although I didn't do calcs, so it's still hard for me to believe that the slight increase in special bulk lets it take on something Conkeldurr can't.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Confusion isn't something that Machamp necessarily "relies" on, but rather, it allows him to hit threats that would normally switch into Conkeldurr with impunity, like Mega Venusaur, and proceed to have a 50/50 chance of pivoting into something else safely. DynamicPunch also forces switches, if the opposing Pokemon cannot afford to risk hitting itself. These traits, along with the 100% accurate Stone Edge, are enough to distinguish him from AV Conkeldurr.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I think the spread should just be 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def. The 52 EVs in Speed are almost entirely pointless, and to my knowledge, those EVs in Defense don't do anything specific either.

Last edited:
I think the spread should just be changed to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def. The 52 EVs in Speed are almost entirely pointless, and to my knowledge, those EVs in Defense don't do anything specific either.
the evs are just a slight variation of what was suggested by swamplink but i think 12 spe evs are enough to outspped 0 spe trevenent and hit it before it burns you??

As I am highly intrigued by Machamp's niche, I decided to do some scenarios to further pinpoint the roles and matchups where Machamp is more viable than Conkeldurr. First of all, DyPunch is a must, since as it was described earlier, it is a great pivoting move. I also highly suggest running Stone Edge, since the perfect accuracy is just marvelous, and something Conkeldurr can't achieve. These 2 moves, are in my opinion, the ones you should be spamming most of the time. Knock Off is ofc nice for the disrupting effect, but it will be weaker, since Conkeldurr sports a better Attack stat. DPunch and Stone Edge are Machamp's selling points, imo, and then you can pack Knock Off for that nifty item-losing effect.

Then again, Machamp could have some utility in Poison Jab + Bullet Punch combination. Although the "Fairy Killer" combination looks nice, it's actually hard to make it worthwhile, since most Fairies are really bulky physically, and can dent Machamp even with AV. Some are also faster than Machamp, forcing you to resort to BPunch. Against Sylveon, u risk being slower (with 52 speed EVs, u get equal Speed with 12 EV Sylveon), so u must use the combination of Poison Jab + BPunch. The only Sylveon you have a chance of winning is a Specsed one, as u have only a slight chance of 2HKOing a bulkier variant. It's never a good idea to go against Azumarill, since it might run full Speed investment, making it faster than Machamp. Azu's Play Rough will always OHKO, Poison Jab + BPunch most likely won't OHKO even a 0/0 Azu. Going against physically bulky Clefable, u face the risk of being slower/ speed tie, so the chances of winning against it is a coin flip once again. Chances are much better going against a spec. defensive one and a tanky Clefable. Togekiss outspeeds Machamp, but can't OHKO him, so Togekiss must rely on Air Slash hax. The biggest fault of a Fairy Killer set is that it needs to dedicate a whole 2 movelosts for it to be effective (against a single-type), leaving you essentially with DyPunch and Stone Edge to choose with them. Knock Off + Ice Punch offers much better coverage, but, then again, Conkeldurr hits harder with those.

Against Specs Sylveon:
252+ Atk Machamp Poison Jab vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 272-322 (69.3 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 136-162 (34.6 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 426-504 (119.3 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A bulkier variant:
252+ Atk Machamp Poison Jab vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 180-214 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 210-248 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Azumarill:
252+ Atk Machamp Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 232-274 (68 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 58-69 (17 - 20.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 144 HP / 60 Def Machamp: 366-432 (102.5 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(take into consideration: Azumarill almost always runs atleast some bulk, and Azumarill's nature doesn't even give a boost to attack.)

Phys. bulky Clefable:
252+ Atk Machamp Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Clefable: 170-202 (43.1 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Clefable: 86-102 (21.8 - 25.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 152-180 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Spec. defensive Clef:
252+ Atk Machamp Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 248-294 (62.9 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 124-148 (31.4 - 37.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 152-180 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Tanky Clefable:
252+ Atk Machamp Poison Jab vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 248-294 (63.2 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 124-148 (31.6 - 37.7%) -- 91.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 273-322 (76.4 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bulky Togekiss:
252+ Atk Machamp Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 250-296 (67 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 102-120 (27.3 - 32.1%) -- 49.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 156-186 (43.6 - 52.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO

Offensive Toge:
252+ Atk Machamp Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 248-294 (79.7 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 102-120 (32.7 - 38.5%) -- 98.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Machamp: 244-291 (68.3 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As for stat distribution, I think there's some merit in outspeeding Tyranitar (Machamp is a bit more speedier than Conkeldurr, Conkeldurr usually can't Mach Punch Tyranitar to death). Even though Tyranitar won't be doing anything to Machamp, it is nice to stop Tyranitar from placing SRocks, thus giving you some momentum in hazard control. I'm a bit sceptical in putting _any_ EVs in Defense, since Conkeldurr will (I guess?) always have better physical bulk, so it seems to be such waste on a Pokemon that has a good niche in better special bulk. If the Defence EVs are deemed mandatory, then you may disregard this notion, but it seems funny to me to not use Machamp's niche to it's full extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)