National Dex Madvillainy - A NDGG RMT (250th Post!)

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
:ss/gliscor::ss/chien-pao::ss/alakazam-mega::ss/tapu-koko::ss/alomomola::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:

Introduction
After doing quite a bit of larping, I have reached 250 posts, so I am making this RMT on a very niche but fun nonetheless tier I have been playing a lot. I've built some Bulky Offense based on the brokenness of Chien Pao, alongside the momentum that Tapu-Koko generates. Madvillainy is an incredible album that i still love to this day, and for sure something I wanted to make a RMT on.

Building Process

:unown::chien-pao::unown::unown::unown::necrozma-dusk-mane:

I wanted to build around Chien Pao because it is a very strong breaker, that can abuse Z-moves to break through would-be walls. I needed to give it a strong Attack stat to use it most effectively. Necrozma-Dusk-Mane provides a good Attack stat, a Steel-type, and a Stealth Rock setter.

:unown::chien-pao::unown::tapu-koko::unown::necrozma-dusk-mane:

Tapu Koko is a strong special wallbreaker, that will click U-turn when the opposing team has a Ground-type remaining, and if they switch into it, Chien Pao will switch in for free, and threaten both an Ice Spinner and a Swords-Dance. Additionally, with 120 SpAtk, it can clean lategames very well once the Ground-type has been removed.

:gliscor::chien-pao::unown::tapu-koko::alomomola::necrozma-dusk-mane:

Gliscor and Alomomola form my defensive core, alongside Necrozma. They provide key defensive types I need, being a Ground, Flying, and Water-type. Gliscor provides my hazard removal, and is a very solid Tapu Koko check and wall with Poison Heal. Alomomola is a very bulky mixed wall, that can slow pivot with Flip Turn and act as a cleric with Wish.

:gliscor::chien-pao::alakazam-mega::tapu-koko::alomomola::necrozma-dusk-mane:

For my final slot, since I had all the defensive types I needed, and enough hazard control, I decided on a more offensive Def receiver, that being Mega Alakazam. With Necrozma's monstrous 127 Def stat, Alakazam can setup on many defensive mons, such as Gliscor, Alomomola, Clefable, and it can even beat a chipped defensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. It can also benefit from the momentum Tapu Koko generates, as if it gets can setup on almost all Ground-types that like to switch in to Tapu Koko.

Team Members
:ss/gliscor:
ALL CAPS (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 228 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

It's ugly, like look at you, it's a damn shame
Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name

Gliscor is the HP slot, inheriting 97 HP. It can defog Stealth Rock and Spikes away, which is very helpful for my non-Heavy Duty Boots Chien Pao. Toxic allows me to chip down Pokemon that may otherwise beat Gliscor, such as Skeledirge, Alomomola, and more. 228 HP optimises Poison Heal recovery after the HP donation, the speed allows me to outspeed Rotom-Wash and helps in speed ties with other Gliscor, SpDef is maxed out to work well as a mixed wall, and the rest is dumped in Def.

:ss/chien-pao:
RAID (Chien-Pao) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Spinner
- Crunch

How Doom hold heat then preach non-violence
Shhh, he about to start the speech, c'mon silence

Chien-Pao uses its new 157 Attack to become an incredible wallbreaker, capable of OHKOing PhysDef Alomomola. Its main checks are PhysDef Clefable and Tapu Fini, which Necrozma-Dusk-Mane is very good into. Necrozma is also good into Mega Scizor, one of the only revenge killers to Chien Pao. Moveset is self explanatory, SD+Stabs and priority.

:ss/alakazam-mega:
ACCORDION (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Living off borrowed time, the clock ticks faster
That'll be the hour they knock the slick blaster
Slip like Freudian, in your first and last step to playing yourself like accordion

Mega Alakazam is an incredibly powerful setup sweeper that can very easily clean games if given an opportunity to Nasty Plot. Focus Blast does strong neutral damage to Corviknight, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, and Mega Scizor, and Recover allows for easier setup opportunities. Mega Alakazam's ability Trace allows you to copy Gliscor's Poison Heal, Alomomola's Regenerator, Arctozolt's Slush Rush, etc.

:ss/tapu-koko:
MONEY FOLDER (Tapu Koko) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost/Hidden Power Ice

And just like he said, I could've told ya
M.F., the holder of a boulder, money folder

Tapu Koko uses the threat of 120 SpAtk Electric Terrain Thunderbolts to generate free momentum on Ground-types. Roost gives Tapu Koko longevity, while Hidden Power Ice hits Gliscor and Landorus-Therian. However, often it may be better to U-turn on a Gliscor switch instead of clicking HP Ice. Heavy Duty Boots allows you to come in many times when hazards are up, which is very useful when you want to U-turn out so much.

:ss/alomomola:
OPERATION LIFESAVER (Alomomola) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

The world is under attack at this very moment
By the most powerful forces man has ever seen
Fate from the depths of the earth
Operation Lifesaver is in effect as of right now

Alomomola is a fantastic pivot, getting the frailer Pokemon like Chien Pao, Tapu Koko, and Mega Alakazam in safely. It can spread Toxic, and heal teammates with Wish, all while keeping itself healthy with Regenerator. Protect both stalls out Toxic turns and stalls a turn for Wish to heal Alomomola. Heavy Duty Boots keeps Alomomola safe from hazards, so it can come in and out often, taking advantage of Regenerator and Flip Turn.
The EVs make it a mixed wall, able to check both special and physical threats. It has low HP EVs as it does not benefit from them as much as Def or SpDef EVs due to the higher HP stat

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
MEAT GRINDER (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Tripping off the beat kinda, dripping off the meat grinder
Heat niner, pimping, stripping, soft sweet minor

Finally, we have the God, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. It sets Stealth Rocks, spreads Toxic, and is just a generally strong wall. Its Steel-typing helps the team out a lot defensively, providing a lot of needed resistances. It donates stats that are perfect for the team and is an incredible Pokemon in of itself.

Threatlist
:dragapult:
Specs Dragapult with a SpAtk donation is very hard for the team to switch into, as Alomomola takes quite a lot from Draco Meteor and boosted Hex. It's mainly beatable by not letting Alomomola getting statused, and putting offensive pressure on it with Chien Pao and Mega Alakazam

:chien-pao:
Yeah this match-up is almost impossible LMAO, you really have to just hope you can out offense it between your own Chien Pao, Tapu Koko, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, and Mega Alakazam. You can also hope to beat it through Protecting with Alomomola on Chien Pao's Z-Move can possibly help Alomomola beat it but most of the time it still loses. If you want a better matchup into this you can go PhysDef Clefable>Mega Alakazam.

:scizor-mega:
Mega Scizor can setup Swords Dances on Gliscor and Alomomola, and can live attacks from the offensive core of Tapu Koko, Chien Pao, and Mega Alakazam, as well as revenge killing said offensive core. The best way to deal with it is to chip it with Tapu Koko, and then try and clean it with Mega Alakazam. If you're really struggling with it then you can maybe run HP Fire in the last slot on Tapu Koko.

Replays
(to be added)

Shoutouts
Not gonna do many shoutouts (mainly because I want tags to work) but I want to shoutout a few people from the NDOM community

Runo hidin Velcroc
NDOMs wouldn't be the same without you, you're all great people that are always fun to talk to.

LordBox
Thanks for always being there to test my NDGG teams with, you're always fun to play against.

Also want to shoutout all the Smogcord people, would be way too much to mention all of y'all. Thanks to everyone who's supported me so far on Smogon, I appreciate you all a lot.

ALL CAPS (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 228 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

RAID (Chien-Pao) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Spinner
- Crunch

ACCORDION (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

MONEY FOLDER (Tapu Koko) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

OPERATION LIFESAVER (Alomomola) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

MEAT GRINDER (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Thank you all for reading, hope you enjoy the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)