Mafia Channel on Smogon Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was introduced to the Mafia Channel on the Pokemon Online server a couple of days ago by a friend, and I've been hooked ever since.

As fun as Mafia is, I do like to play Pokemon as well (seeing as I'm on a Pokemon simulator...), so i was thinking the we should add a mafia channel to Smogon's server. I don't know if this has another thread, or if the idea has already been shot down, so if i is/was, then sorry.

I know that I don't have much credibility because I haven't posted on this forum for any reason other than tournaments, but i really think that this is a good idea, and could be a good addition to the Smogon server.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
the po server is only for pokemon i think

just go to irc, there are channels there with bot mafia

or join the forum mafias

There is a mafia bot on #fluodome on the irc, and its what the PO bot was based on, except that they let you hook the same person repeatedly (wtf?).

IRC is separate from the Smogon server. I'd like to have it all in on nice convenient area.
And honestly, how much effort does this involve? All that needs to be done is make a permanent channel, put in the coding, and get a little authority to look it over. Along the way, people could make themes that know the coding. Its doesn't sound like a very high-maintenance job.

I understand that it's not the easiest job in the world, but I'm sure there are people that can do it, and if not, I'll spend some time learning how to code. It's not like high school is important, it's all about college.

IRC is separate from the Smogon server. I'd like to have it all in on nice convenient area.
And honestly, how much effort does this involve? All that needs to be done is make a permanent channel, put in the coding, and get a little authority to look it over. Along the way, people could make themes that know the coding. Its doesn't sound like a very high-maintenance job.
There's already mafia on the forums and irc. There's no need to splinter the mafia population more than necessary. There's no need for anyone to waste time and effort implementing mafia on a pokemon client when it is already present elsewhere in the community.

There's actually some PO server with a mafia bot in it, but I forgot which.

edit: the official PO server, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)