Move 3: Core Enforcer / Entrainment
Move 4: Shore Up
Item: Griseous Orb / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Magic Bounce Giratina provides entry hazard control and blocks Strength Sap. Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed investment, allows Giratina to almost always move last and safely put its teammates in advantageous situations. Spectral Thief prevents Giratina from becoming setup fodder. Knock Off makes permanent progress and scares out Imposter users, allowing Giratina to Teleport out without risking a Speed tie. Entrainment and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, Entrainment functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon and Core Enforcer providing a valuable STAB move that also ignores Magic Bounce. Nuzzle spreads paralysis for your team's wallbreakers to capitalize on. Minimum Speed investment allows Giratina to underspeed opposing pivots. Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users, as it provides valuable entry hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Xerneas is a particularly strong teammate for Giratina, since Xerneas Imposter-proofs Giratina. Strong wallbreakers, such as Kyurem-B and Spectrier, appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit entry hazard chip. Giratina struggles most with Pixilate Xerneas, Eternatus, and Kyurem-B, as they can either 2HKO or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-Crowned and Primordial Sea Steel-types can help check these threats.

[CREDITS]
Written by: [[Tanny89k, 546606]]
Quality checked by: [[Tea Guzzler, 577920], [MAMP, 225453]]
Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866]]

Last edited:

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
add remove
- don't think spectral should be slashed on both slots, seems a bit wierd to me. i think it makes more sense for core or spectral/shore up/tp/knock, purify, nuzzle, etc or core/shore up/tp/spectral, knock, nuzzle, etc.
- would probably reword the tp sentence to "Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed, allows Giratina to always move last and safely put it's teammates in advantage situations." or something similar. other pivot moves don't have significant drawbacks so i don't think these are worth mentioning.
- " Most Giratinas run one or both of Spectral Thief and Knock Off, as" is not really necessary. same with " As for Giratina's more flexible moves, "
- use "users" (such as when referring to -ates) and "Pokemon" instead of mons (eg. with Worry Seed functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon)
- with the "move options", i'd probably split it up. i'd do "Worry Seed and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, with Worry Seed functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon, and Core Enforcer providing a valuable STAB attack that also ignores Magic Bounce. Purify can be used to permanently cripple Poison Heal users after their Toxic Orb has been removed. Nuzzle is an additional option that allows Giratina to make threats such as Eternatus more exploitable with paralysis.", having it all in 1 sentence can get dodgy for readers.
- the atk/def/spe sentence can be re-written. i'd probably focus solely on minspeed allowing for a slow core and to underspeed enemy pivots.
-the synergy with tox orb users and breakers could probably use a re-write, separate sentences idealy. something like "Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users as it provides valuable hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Strong wallbreakers like Kyurem-Black appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit hazard chip, allowing them to forgo recovery."
- "Wallbreakers also benefit from the bounced back hazards, as they punish switching around them and can allow wallbreakers to hit certain benchmarks." can be dropped, saying that breakers can abuse the sent-back spikes isn't breaker-exclusive nor exclusive to bounced spikes.
- " depending on the specific set. " isn't necessary as with every set these mons will run, they either 2hko or ohko.
- the 2 different sentences for scales zamac and psea steels can be merged into one, along with more formal language, for example: "... or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-C and Primordial Sea Steel-types can be used to survive and help nullify these threats."
- the bit about FC palkia isn't really necessary as it doesn't tie much to giratina. if you want to include it, do "Ice Scales Zamazenta-C, Primordial Sea Steel-types and Fur Coat Palkia can be used..."
good writing, qc 1/2

Last edited:
add remove
- don't think spectral should be slashed on both slots, seems a bit wierd to me. i think it makes more sense for core or spectral/shore up/tp/knock, purify, nuzzle, etc or core/shore up/tp/spectral, knock, nuzzle, etc.
- would probably reword the tp sentence to "Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed, allows Giratina to always move last and safely put it's teammates in advantage situations." or something similar. other pivot moves don't have significant drawbacks so i don't think these are worth mentioning.
- " Most Giratinas run one or both of Spectral Thief and Knock Off, as" is not really necessary. same with " As for Giratina's more flexible moves, "
- use "users" (such as when referring to -ates) and "Pokemon" instead of mons (eg. with Worry Seed functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon)
- with the "move options", i'd probably split it up. i'd do "Worry Seed and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, with Worry Seed functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon, and Core Enforcer providing a valuable STAB attack that also ignores Magic Bounce. Purify can be used to permanently cripple Poison Heal users after their Toxic Orb has been removed. Nuzzle is an additional option that allows Giratina to make threats such as Eternatus more exploitable with paralysis.", having it all in 1 sentence can get dodgy for readers.
- the atk/def/spe sentence can be re-written. i'd probably focus solely on minspeed allowing for a slow core and to underspeed enemy pivots.
-the synergy with tox orb users and breakers could probably use a re-write, separate sentences idealy. something like "Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users as it provides valuable hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Strong wallbreakers like Kyurem-Black appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit hazard chip, allowing them to forgo recovery."
- "Wallbreakers also benefit from the bounced back hazards, as they punish switching around them and can allow wallbreakers to hit certain benchmarks." can be dropped, saying that breakers can abuse the sent-back spikes isn't breaker-exclusive nor exclusive to bounced spikes.
- " depending on the specific set. " isn't necessary as with every set these mons will run, they either 2hko or ohko.
- the 2 different sentences for scales zamac and psea steels can be merged into one, along with more formal language, for example: "... or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-C and Primordial Sea Steel-types can be used to survive and help nullify these threats."
- the bit about FC palkia isn't really necessary as it doesn't tie much to giratina. if you want to include it, do "Ice Scales Zamazenta-C, Primordial Sea Steel-types and Fur Coat Palkia can be used..."
good writing, qc 1/2
Implemented, ready for second QC check

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
I don't like the 5 moves slashed on the third slot, and I especially don't like Knock Off as the first slash because Spectral Thief + Knock + Teleport Giratina just gets set up on by Gigas. Half of the point of this mon is to counter Gigas, so I think the moves should definitely be rearranged a bit. My preference is this:

- Core Enforcer / Entrainment
- Spectral Thief / Nuzzle / Knock Off
- Teleport
- Shore Up

Spectral Thief is great, but having it slashed on its own implies that its mandatory on the set, which I don't think is the case. Teleport is already a good tool for avoiding being setup fodder. Bounce Giratina needs a move to remove Poison Heal from Regigigas, I don't think it's viable without one. Entrainment > Worry Seed for better PP and interaction vs opposing Bouncers. Purify is solid, but this set has a dozen solid options and it's best to stick with just the strongest few or it gets a bit unwieldy.

"Magic Bounce allows Giratina to provide its team with hazard control, as well as stifling Regigigas and Ho-Oh's attempts to set hazards." This is a bit redundant, feels like you're saying a similar thing twice. You could mention blocking Strength Sap here as well.

The teammates section is good, but when you're talking about partners with Poison Heal I'd specify Xerneas, as it can imposter-proof Giratina as well.

A couple of notes on this sentence: "Strong wallbreakers such as Kyurem-Black appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit hazard chip, allowing them to forgo recovery." Establishing the sentence with "strong wallbreakers" and only giving one example feels odd to me. This might read better if you gave another example, like Rayquaza or Blacephalon, or just had the sentence be about Kyu-B: "Kyurem-Black appreciates..." Also, "allowing them to forgo recovery" can be cut; Kyurem-Black very rarely runs recovery anyway.

Good stuff, QC 2/2.

I don't like the 5 moves slashed on the third slot, and I especially don't like Knock Off as the first slash because Spectral Thief + Knock + Teleport Giratina just gets set up on by Gigas. Half of the point of this mon is to counter Gigas, so I think the moves should definitely be rearranged a bit. My preference is this:

- Core Enforcer / Entrainment
- Spectral Thief / Nuzzle / Knock Off
- Teleport
- Shore Up

Spectral Thief is great, but having it slashed on its own implies that its mandatory on the set, which I don't think is the case. Teleport is already a good tool for avoiding being setup fodder. Bounce Giratina needs a move to remove Poison Heal from Regigigas, I don't think it's viable without one. Entrainment > Worry Seed for better PP and interaction vs opposing Bouncers. Purify is solid, but this set has a dozen solid options and it's best to stick with just the strongest few or it gets a bit unwieldy.

"Magic Bounce allows Giratina to provide its team with hazard control, as well as stifling Regigigas and Ho-Oh's attempts to set hazards." This is a bit redundant, feels like you're saying a similar thing twice. You could mention blocking Strength Sap here as well.

The teammates section is good, but when you're talking about partners with Poison Heal I'd specify Xerneas, as it can imposter-proof Giratina as well.

A couple of notes on this sentence: "Strong wallbreakers such as Kyurem-Black appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit hazard chip, allowing them to forgo recovery." Establishing the sentence with "strong wallbreakers" and only giving one example feels odd to me. This might read better if you gave another example, like Rayquaza or Blacephalon, or just had the sentence be about Kyu-B: "Kyurem-Black appreciates..." Also, "allowing them to forgo recovery" can be cut; Kyurem-Black very rarely runs recovery anyway.

Good stuff, QC 2/2.
Implemented, ready for GP Team

Last edited:
AMGP ->> not official GP!!
add/fix remove (comments)

[SET]
Name: Magic Bounce
Move 1: Teleport
Move 2: Spectral Thief / Nuzzle / Knock Off

[SET COMMENTS]
Magic Bounce allows Giratina to provides its team with entry hazard control as well as and a Strength Sap blocker. Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed, allows Giratina to always move last and safely put its teammates in advantageous situations. Spectral Thief prevents Giratina from becoming setup fodder,(AC) while and Knock Off helps it makes permanent progress and scares out Imposter, allowing it Giratina to Teleport out without risking a speed tie.(changed "and" to "while" because KOff is the move that lets it safely teleport) Entrainment and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, Entrainment functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon, and Core Enforcer providing valuable STAB that also ignores Magic Bounce. Nuzzle spreads paralysis for your the team's wallbreakers to capitalize on. Minimum Speed investment allows Giratina to underspeed opposing pivots. Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users as it provides valuable hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Xerneas is a particularly strong teammate for Giratina, since it imposter-proofs it. Strong wallbreakers, such as Kyurem-Black and Spectrier, appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit hazard chip. Giratina struggles most with Pixilate Xerneas, Eternatus, and Kyurem-Black, as each of these Pokemon can either 2HKO or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-Crowned and Primordial Sea Steel-types can be used to survive and help nullify help check these threats.

[CREDITS]
Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

AMGP ->> not official GP!!
add/fix remove (comments)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Magic Bounce allows Giratina to provides its team with entry hazard control as well as and a Strength Sap blocker. Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed, allows Giratina to always move last and safely put its teammates in advantageous situations. Spectral Thief prevents Giratina from becoming setup fodder,(AC) while and Knock Off helps it makes permanent progress and scares out Imposter, allowing it Giratina to Teleport out without risking a speed tie.(changed "and" to "while" because KOff is the move that lets it safely teleport) Entrainment and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, Entrainment functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon, and Core Enforcer providing valuable STAB that also ignores Magic Bounce. Nuzzle spreads paralysis for your the team's wallbreakers to capitalize on. Minimum Speed investment allows Giratina to underspeed opposing pivots. Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users as it provides valuable hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Xerneas is a particularly strong teammate for Giratina, since it imposter-proofs it. Strong wallbreakers, such as Kyurem-Black and Spectrier, appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit hazard chip. Giratina struggles most with Pixilate Xerneas, Eternatus, and Kyurem-Black, as each of these Pokemon can either 2HKO or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-Crowned and Primordial Sea Steel-types can be used to survive and help nullify help check these threats.

[CREDITS]
Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Implemented

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Magic Bounce Giratina provides entry hazard control and a Strength Sap blocker blocks Strength Sap. Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed investment, allows Giratina to almost always move last and safely put its teammates in advantageous situations. Spectral Thief prevents Giratina from becoming setup fodder. Knock Off makes permanent progress and scares out Imposter users, allowing Giratina to Teleport out without risking a Speed tie. Entrainment and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, Entrainment functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon, (comma) and Core Enforcer providing a valuable STAB move that also ignores Magic Bounce. Nuzzle spreads paralysis for your team's wallbreakers to capitalize on. Minimum Speed investment allows Giratina to underspeed opposing pivots. Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users, (comma) as it provides valuable entry hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Xerneas is a particularly strong teammate for Giratina, since it Imposter-proofs it replace the "it"s with the mons; I am legimitately not sure based on how you wrote it if Xern improofs Gira or vice versa. Strong wallbreakers, such as Kyurem-Black and Spectrier, appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit entry hazard chip. Giratina struggles most with Pixilate Xerneas, Eternatus, and Kyurem-Black, as these Pokemon they can either 2HKO or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-Crowned and Primordial Sea Steel-types can help check these threats.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866]]

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

add remove conjecture
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Magic Bounce Giratina provides entry hazard control and a Strength Sap blocker blocks Strength Sap. Teleport, when combined with minimum Speed investment, allows Giratina to almost always move last and safely put its teammates in advantageous situations. Spectral Thief prevents Giratina from becoming setup fodder. Knock Off makes permanent progress and scares out Imposter users, allowing Giratina to Teleport out without risking a Speed tie. Entrainment and Core Enforcer scare out Poison Heal and -ate users, Entrainment functioning against Xerneas and slower Pokemon, (comma) and Core Enforcer providing a valuable STAB move that also ignores Magic Bounce. Nuzzle spreads paralysis for your team's wallbreakers to capitalize on. Minimum Speed investment allows Giratina to underspeed opposing pivots. Giratina has excellent synergy with Poison Heal users, (comma) as it provides valuable entry hazard control and a safe avenue into activating their Toxic Orbs via Teleport. Xerneas is a particularly strong teammate for Giratina, since it Imposter-proofs it replace the "it"s with the mons; I am legimitately not sure based on how you wrote it if Xern improofs Gira or vice versa. Strong wallbreakers, such as Kyurem-Black and Spectrier, appreciate Teleport's free entry and Magic Bounce helping to limit entry hazard chip. Giratina struggles most with Pixilate Xerneas, Eternatus, and Kyurem-Black, as these Pokemon they can either 2HKO or OHKO Giratina, so teammates such as Ice Scales Zamazenta-Crowned and Primordial Sea Steel-types can help check these threats.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866]]

GP 1/1!

GP Team done
Implemented

Reactions: UT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)