Magic: The Gathering

I went twice, playing both Standard and 2HG with a friend. Neither of us won anything either time, but I got some logs from our 3 2HG games.

I picked Izzet, he went with Azorius-splash-Selesyna. Nobody could do anything against us.
Our team name was Thopter Assembly because I went over to a 50-cent rare bin and randomly pulled one out.

this was a long, long game. Started off quick on our side with a ton of Bellows Lizards from me and negation from him. The our opponent drops a turn 5 Desecration Demon, but my friend puts Knightly Valor on our Hovering Wall so we block it. Then neither team can really hurt the other, until my friend draws a Seles Charm and exiles demon. I start bashing them down with Hypersonic Dragon until they pull out ANOTHER DEMON WHAT THE FUCK. Luckily, we hold it off with the wall until my friend pulls out his Grove token and I overload a Mizzium Mortars and wipe the field except my stuff, the token, and the demon. Bashed their face in with token and dragon for gg.

We had a good start until turn 3 opponent Lotleth Troll. They pitched their entire hand to it, so the had a 6/5 trampler turn 4. Nothing we could really do to stop it, GG.

One of the guys on our opposing side brought a knife to open his prerelease box, so we were intimidated. We fought long and hard and even managed to get our 8/8 token out but then Rakdos, Lord of Riots and the Archon hit the field and I couldn't burn them up with Mercurial Chemister due to detain, so GG.

The Standard prerelease I went with Golgari, opened a Loltroll and Worldspine Wurm but only got to play 1 game. At least I can get maybe $15 for the troll.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Doing a service to an ignorant poster.

Magic: the Gathering a card game by Wizards of the coast. This is a thread for any discussion of that card game. Well, that was a boring opening.

October-Return to Ravnica
November-Commanders Arsenal
February-Gatecrash
March-Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt
May-Dragon's Maze
June-Modern Masters

Cockatrice is a free downloadable Magic: the Gathering simulator. Download is quick and encouraged.
Players
fatsnorlax
-Standard
-Modern

Domri looks cool. I could see Gruul beatdown decks using this in standard if it becomes more beatdown friendly. I could also see this turning up in Naya Midrange, should it choose to go more creature centric. I wouldn't say there are any guarantees for this guy, but I'll say that he's going somewhere.

This card has had a bit of controversy on MtG Salvation and such, but it'll show up in standard Naya (I've called it). Also cool for EDH, which I don't really play. Second attack phase is definitely cool.

Someone'll use this in EDH... I don't care for it though.

I love this guy. Standard Reanimator/ Ramp will love him. He feeds reanimator so well, it's like he's got it to a science. The ability to chuck lands for damage is awesome, and in Ramp, he'll get you Wolf Run quickly. I wonder how many times I'll say "Smash Them!" or "We Eat!" while using this guy.

Legacy show and know will love this. Flavor text is awesome.

If there is anything else you wish to see on this message, let me know(:
Enjoy!

Domri looks cool. I could see Gruul beatdown decks using this in standard if it becomes more beatdown friendly. I could also see this turning up in Naya Midrange, should it choose to go more creature centric. I wouldn't say there are any guarantees for this guy, but I'll say that he's going somewhere.

This card has had a bit of controversy on MtG Salvation and such, but it'll show up in standard Naya (I've called it). Also cool for EDH, which I don't really play. Second attack phase is definitely cool.

Someone'll use this in EDH... I don't care for it though.

I love this guy. Standard Reanimator/ Ramp will love him. He feeds reanimator so well, it's like he's got it to a science. The ability to chuck lands for damage is awesome, and in Ramp, he'll get you Wolf Run quickly. I wonder how many times I'll say "Smash Them!" or "We Eat!" while using this guy.

Legacy show and know will love this. Flavor text is awesome.

These very much excite me for the set, and I hope I'll still be excited after all the spoilers (which officially start on new years eve) are done.

It's too soon, but...
Land
4 Stomping Grounds
4 Temple Garden
2 Sacred Foundary
4 Sunpetal Grove
3 Rootbound Crag
2 Clifftop Retreat
3 Kessig Wolf Run
3 Forest
Creatures
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Arbor Elf
4 Somberwald Sage
4 Thragtusk
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
3 Borborygmos Enraged
2 Craterhoof Behemoth
Other
2 Bonfire of the Damned
4 Farseek
4 Ranger's Path

My bad about the other thread... me being a noob....

Aurelia is looking nice...in standard, I would love to see some kind of Naya ramp/midrange trying to use her...If no one else will try it, I will.

Oh, yes, and I am fairly certain that Domri will see Standard play.

I'm still new to this Magic thing, but I saw the premise of Dimir and I am SO PUMPED for Gatecrash. XD

My friend plans to use Enter the Infinite as the finisher for his Omniscience deck.

My friend plans to use Enter the Infinite as the finisher for his Omniscience deck.
Is it a competitive legacy deck? One of those can get an Omniscience into play on turn one. The general term is "Show and Know."
Or is it just a deck using more recent cards?
PS If he has a legacy deck, it would be incredibly expensive to make, so I envy him if he does.

Sorin vs. Tibalt looks so god-awful. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad would make me at least glance at it, but they'll probably be using Sorin Markov.

Is it a competitive legacy deck? One of those can get an Omniscience into play on turn one. The general term is "Show and Know."
Or is it just a deck using more recent cards?
PS If he has a legacy deck, it would be incredibly expensive to make, so I envy him if he does.
Non-competitive standard, he said.

Sorin vs. Tibalt looks so god-awful. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad would make me at least glance at it, but they'll probably be using Sorin Markov.
i'm just hoping there'll be a sweet suite of reprints. i imagine they'll be using sorin 2.0 since otherwise what would be the point.

i'm just hoping there'll be a sweet suite of reprints. i imagine they'll be using sorin 2.0 since otherwise what would be the point.
There has to be... I have Sorin and Tibalt is terrible. Hopefully Vindicate/Unmake/Mortify/Lingering Souls/Spectral Possession will show up. The art is sweet though... but why Tibalt?

vindicate would be lovely. caves of koilos wouldn't be too bad either (especially at uncommon). as for mono-red cards... i have no idea.

Bonfire won't happen, as it's mythic. Goblin Guide I'd love. Hellspark elemental, Hell's Thunder, and Hellrider would be cool too, as would Anger (although it showed up in VVK, it'd be perfect with Tibalt... it doesn't mind being discarded). Welder would require an artifact theme... which would be interesting with Tibalt.

Goblin Guide I'd love. Hellspark elemental, Hell's Thunder, and Hellrider would be cool too, as would Anger (although it showed up in VVK, it'd be perfect with Tibalt... it doesn't mind being discarded). Welder would require an artifact theme... which would be interesting with Tibalt.
Whoa...hold on guys. This is a duel deck we're talking about. And its Tibalt's.

Izzet vs. Golgari had Scepter, Fire//Ice, Brainstorm, Thug, Party Troll, and LIFE FROM THE LOME!!!! Wizards is Capable of putting good cards in these decks...
Two cards on that list are rares...the common/uncommon quality is usually really good, though you still end up with mediocre at best decks. This decks have proven that a couple good rares per deck don't increase the quality. Boost sales, sure. But honestly, if you have Tibalt, Hellspark, Guide and assorted junk rares it won't be a very good deck. So in conclusion, yes, a couple good rares will be present. No, the decks still won't be good(prove me wrong Wizards, PLEASE)

i've just been buying duel decks to have fun with in casual matches. getting to play with some sweet cards i'd never otherwise play with is a nice perk.

I could see maybe Hellrider in Tibalt's deck. The others don't make much sense, as there are few Goblins in Innistrad.

I hope it's Sorin, Lord of Innistrad though. It would certainly help with my Esper Tokens deck. An alternate art Lingering Souls would be pretty cool too but I doubt they'll go that route.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the day they print a cawblade premade is the day jace the mind sculptor is reprinted and released in standard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)