SM UU Magic To Do (ft Tailwind Tornadus HO)

The Opening Number
Join us, leave your fields to flower
Join us, leave your cheese to sour
Join us, come and waste and hour or two
Doodle-ee-doo
Journey, journey to a spot ex-
Citing, mystic and exotic
Journey through our anecdotic revue
We got magic to do just for you
We got miracle plays to play
We got parts to perform
Hearts to warm
Kings and things to take by storm
As we go along our way

Welcome to the RMT ladies and gentlemen! I’m BackAtYouBro and I’m back with another team to showcase to you all! HO is a playstyle that I’ve experimented with far more now and it has become one of the more enjoyable playstyles for me currently. It’s fast paced and often requires aggressive plays and doubles while all the while stacking up your hazards while keeping your opponent’s removal at bay. Throughout experimenting HO, I noticed that Offensive Support Tornadus would be an interesting piece to add to the puzzle. It can grant my team a Tailwind before it dies that my slow breakers can abuse nicely at the end of the game. This was the team that formed as an end result and can overall be a fun and competitive team.

The Team
Intrigue, plots to bring disaster!
1548036594452.gif

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

So this HO is starting out with the great Spikes Lead itself, Froslass, which puts almost every other lead in some treacherous 50/50s that are almost always in your favor. Froslass is just doing the usual Froslass things, set up Spikes, prevents opposing hazards from getting up, and then dying and maybe taking something with you by virtue of Destiny Bond. You’re guaranteed to get at least one layer of Spikes up so try to pressure the opponent with Froslass while setting up Spikes before dying.

Humor, handled by a master!

Kommo-o @ Haban Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Taunt

Next up is an excellent Rocker for HO builds which is the Clanger itself. Kommo-o also pressures removers and can beat out mist removal through Close Combat+Clanging Scales dealing with the majority of them bar Mega Altaria. I do have a Haban Berry on Kommo-o as you’ll soon see that Hydreigon can be pretty annoying af to face for this team so Haban Berry gets the job done in stopping a Draco and then bopping back with a Close Combat.
Romance, sex presented pastorally!
1548036816707.gif

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Ok you all know how much I love Doublade in this current meta but it’s a fantastic gluemon and its typing is insanely good to blanket check a multitude of threats for offensive teams. Doublade is able to be my Fighting check, Scizor check, and Dragon check. Doublade also serves as the spinblocker to any teams thinking they can just safely remove the hazards through their thicc hoe Tsareena and other spinners. Doublade isn’t Brave with Gyro though as it felt rather counterintuitive to the whole theme of Tailwind Torn. I know that it still won’t be fast, but a bulky mon with some speed can be severely threatening under the right circumstances.
Dee-dle-ee-dee!
Illusion, fantasy to study!

Tornadus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind
- U-turn

So I now present to you all the star of the show Tornadus! I played around with a little bit of ideas in the moveset and at first wanted to try Mixed with Z-Superpower but in the end I found Z-Focus Blast to be much more convienent in handling the defensive behemoths that are the bulky Steel-types in the tier and it also assists well with the last two members on the team. Some advice but the best time to use Tailwind is around the end-game where you are in a situation where you must sack it. Tailwind will be the greatest parting gift for the next two mons of the team to abuse!​
Battles, barbarous and bloody!

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Of course what HO is there out there that doesn’t have a Bisharp? Bisharp is my last countermeasure to Defog as my fun and friendly way to abuse it if the opponent thinks I stacked enough hazards on their side of the field. Bisharp is of course the main wincon of the team and hits the entire tier seriously hard with its STABs. It also synergizes really well with Doublade who handles those Fighting-types and helps alleviate pressure on Bisharp by being another Steel-type. Nothing else to say besides, “Woah! It’s a HO staple!”

Join us! Sit where everybody can see!

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Another wallbreaker and a wincon! Dark Spam is something I’ve used before in HO and overall I find Bisharp and Crawdaunt to be effective at ripping through their checks by being the physical gargantuans they are. Crawdaunt also handles the Bulky Waters and Grounds that could be a slight roadblock for Bisharp before the sweep begins. These two overall provide good breaking support and can abuse Tailwind nicely to put the situation in my favor.

We've got magic to do
Just for you
We've got miracle plays to play
We've got parts to perform
Hearts to warm
Kings and things to take by storm
As we go along our way

Now that’s the team! It was pretty fun to cover another RMT after a couple months have passed and with a playstyle that I can happily say it’s been one of my newer favorites to play around with every once and a while! This team however, does look a little Scizor weak with Doublade and Kommo-o to a lesser extent being my switch-ins. Hope you enjoyed reading this and have a good night!

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Kommo-o @ Haban Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Taunt

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Tornadus @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Also shoutouts to all of my friends I’ve made on this site and to the people who I’ve met that have really helped me on my journey!

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey bayb, was just going through uu rmts and saw that this never got a rate so I felt like bumping it. It's a pretty neat team and I encourage you to keep building and playing with HO, honestly spamming HO on the ladder is prolly the easiest way I can think of to develop certain game mechanics for yourself, HO makes you use your head a lot more than people think with risk vs. reward type shit. Anyways this team isn't too bad as it is but a few things I think can make it even better. So let's get to that shit.

- So the Crawdaunt slot isn't too bad but honestly it felt like you didn't put all that much thought into it. CB Crawdaunt + Tailwind seemed neat so you did it, is my guess. I'm doing Mega Altaria > Crawdaunt here because honestly I think it just fits so perfect in this slot. Right now, something like Choice Scarf Infernape can actually pressure your team sooo hard just clicking buttons, Hydreigon is also relying on your Naive Kommo-o being full HP to reliably lure it, fairies are absolutely not 100% necessary on HO especially since none of the fairies in the tier fit on HO like ever, but malt fits perfect here. Reasons being that it checks Infernape, Hydreigon, and actually takes advantage of both Tailwind and Tornadus luring steels like Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix. Standard DD set.
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

Smaller changes:
- So I changed the Doublade spread a lil bit to outspeed Crawdaunt, Scizor, and Adamant Bisharp with Tailwind up which I think is pretty neat.
- Willowisp > dbond on Froslass to potentially fuck with Scizor early game since the matchup is a lil sus, ppl fear dbond as long as you don't reveal willo anyways which means you can fuck w/ people regardless.
- Life Orb > Haban Berry on Kommo-o, I love Haban Berry as lord FUMA HI-FI uses it, but with malt on the team now I don't think it's worth over lo which just gives you more breaking power in general for fat/to just work better w/ tailwind support.
- Taunt > U-turn on Tornadus, this thing is weak to rocks on a team with no removal, this is not ever gonna be an effective pivot. Taunt at least can stop potential hazard setup/hazard removal which is appreciated on a team with no removal and revolves around hazards. Taunt's utility is just generally better on the mon I think with Prankster.
- Iron Head on Doublade over Shadow Claw because like... why would you not run steel STAB on Doublade, that's so ridiculous. Imagine a Sylveon coming in vs. Kommo-o and just spamming Hyper Voice endlessly, murdering literally everything that comes in and your only stop to it being steel move-less Doublade LOL.
- Overcoat > Bulletproof on Kommo-o is for sure worth because your Amoonguss matchup is trash as it gets a free Spore every time it's in which is really irritating.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Taunt

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Tornadus @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mostly made a lot of little tweaks as I felt there was a lot of little random things that didn't make much sense. You gotta think about the little things, it's what separates a great teambuilder from a decent one. Neat team tho I like it. Lmk if you have any questions as always.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)