Making animations?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Hi, I wonder if anyone here makes animations (of any sort) at all?

I recently downloaded AnimeEffects, which is a free, 2D animation software that supports bones and meshes.
I think relatively easier to use than most other 2D animation softwares.
Very good for beginners like me.

My ultimate goal is to learn how to use Live2D.
However, it looks really difficult to me.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I've done some After Effects through school and internships, pretty much the industry standard for 2D animations. If you ever used Photoshop the transition to After Effects is quite natural, the same sort of layers and effects are present but now with the ability to animate the effects themselves. Pretty sure you can use bones and meshes in After Effects as well but it's not something I've tried.

Latest big thing I did in AE was animating the Smogon logo:

Cresselia~~

I've done some After Effects through school and internships, pretty much the industry standard for 2D animations. If you ever used Photoshop the transition to After Effects is quite natural, the same sort of layers and effects are present but now with the ability to animate the effects themselves. Pretty sure you can use bones and meshes in After Effects as well but it's not something I've tried.

Latest big thing I did in AE was animating the Smogon logo:
The logo is very cool!

I'm aware that After Effects is the standard of the American/ European industry.
But my concern is that After Effects isn't free.

The reason I wanted to learn Live2D is because it's the standard of the Japanese gaming industry, and some older versions are free for personal use/ small companies under a certain amount of profit per year.

Also, Live2D has the ability to change 2D images into 3D.
That's why Live2D is starting to become used in American games too.

I'm planning to study game art in college, so I will be learning animation. ( Though I want to be a concept Illustrator ) I have done some Maya and Flash before, but I'm quite bad, but animation programs are more interested in drawing skills than animation skills when your applying to their programs.

Cresselia~~

I'm planning to study game art in college, so I will be learning animation. ( Though I want to be a concept Illustrator ) I have done some Maya and Flash before, but I'm quite bad, but animation programs are more interested in drawing skills than animation skills when your applying to their programs.
Interesting.
Would you mind sharing your stuff here after you've started college?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a youtube channel with a much longer but also far less polished dance animation of leavanny (the same model). I think I'll work on getting better before posting to youtube again though. And more efficient: These dances take a lot of time to make, and making a channel isn't that relevant without consistent content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)