MAMOSWEEP v2

MAMOSWEEP v2b
(v2b now)

team at a glance

Everyone should know what a mamosweep is, if you get caught by one and can’t counter its game over. The basic strategy behind this team is to weaken the opponent to mamo’s KO range and break all the walls mamo can’t.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Atk/56 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Hypnosis
---

Its attack set is nothing special, lay out some rocks, do some damage and sleep poke's you can't do much damage too. 200 ev's on attack might seem like overkill but it turns zong from a wall to somewhat of a tank, allowing it to 1 or 2HKO many threats that otherwise, would KO it. (note added explosion, I find it useful in OHKOing gyarados before it gets a chance to set-up.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 52 HP/204 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
--
Die zong die (German for the zong the). The idea is simple, trap steal pokemon
(zong) and TBolt it to death. since steel pokemon wall mamo (also weavile) also doubles as a powerful special sweeper with that massive SAtk.
Sub so far has never come in handy, but magnet rise is a godsend. I know I should tweak it but, I wanted to get some advice first.

Infernape (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
---

Its mixape, it breaks walls, it makes the perfect late game sweeper and it’s not to fragile (although life orb and entry hazards burst this bubble)

Its job is to break walls, and it does its job to satisfaction. (Physical walls is what it’s really here to kill) and when that job is done it can sweep.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep talk
---

resists fire attacks that my entire team has a weakness to save for ape who won’t be able to take the hit anyway. Rest just keeps it healthy.

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
---

Revenge kill and to damage, very useful in catching Pokémon that try and run away, also breaks special walls and walls weak against dark such as cress. after maggy has done its thing weavile is free to sweep (to some degree) since it shares most of the same counters it has with mamo, its a great scout if you don't want to reveal mamo till late game like i do.

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
---

The pokemon it’s all about, MAMO! We all know how mamo sweeps so I’ll summarize how each pokemon helps set up for the MAMOSWEEP!

Zong: stealth rock and simply the best opener (I hope)
Magnezone: steel trapper a lot of my teams counters are steel
Mixape: break the walls, force a lot of switches with the SR support
Suicune: wall them fire pokemon who think they can break this team
Weavill: revenge kill and pwns when all is steel counters are removed by maggy
MAMO: sweep

Overall:

planning to try and get to the top 100 on shoddy with this team (emphasis on TRY) so advise will be appreciated
thx in advance

changes: zong now lead, zong has explosion over EQ, replaced zapdos with magnezone, replaced heracross with weavile. Suicune has a new move set over: surf, ice beam, light screen and roar.

STOP READING AND POST! =P

Though its everywhere, I'd have to say that you are much better off running Bronzong as your lead over Zapdos. With Zapdos as your lead you are essentially giving Bronzong that free turn to set up rocks or to sleep whatever you u-turn to. That being said, run 4 speed evs or have a speed IV of 1 or 2 to outspeed opposing Zong's.

I really don't think Mamoswine is going to sweep without something that can take out those dreaded steels (aka, Bronzong) easily. You know what I am getting at--Magnezone or Heatran. Personally, I would replace Zapdos with Maggy, and if your worried about the speed loss you could always scarve Heracross. Scarf Zapdos isn't so hot in my opinion, as stealth rock is going to eat away at it, and sandstorm is everywhere nowadays.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Definately use Magnezone if you plan to sweep with Mamoswine. Magnezone knocks down any Steel-type that dare stands in Mamoswine's way and destroy them with it's awesome coverage. In other words: let's slap Magnezone in here to help prevent Bronzong from walling you all day.

Actually with Heatproof 'Zong you're weak to Mamoswine yourself. Earthquake is not going to be pretty and more open Mamoswines (obviously not Banded) are going to do some damage to this team. If you're -that- scared of Infernape and Heatran than I would try out Starmie at least as this also hands you a good Gyarados counter (and possibly a Garchomp counter pending on the moves you choose).

Also don't take this offensively but any Suicune without Calm Mind is pretty useless IMO. Put Calm Mind on the beast.

Your mamoswine usage is not the best. Try either the sleep talk, choice band or curse set. I prefer the curse set, but sleep talk does take advantage of that huge HP he has. You know, why don't you just chuck equake on mamo? That'll really help you against steels.

I'm pretty sure that once the zapdos outspeeds something that it normally wouldn't that your jig is up. Twave on a choice user doesn't strike me as the best option because you basically have to switch. Zapdos loves roost by the way. If you want an electric type that is alot of fun and can almost do the same thing, Try:

Raikou @ lefties
calm mind
HP ice
T bolt
Twave

I know it's standard. Helped me out alot against alot of leads, even kicked the crap out of lee more than 50 times.

I'd prefer scarf on the heracross. He already does craploads of damage without banding.

With bronzong, again, once they hit you with a fire blast they'll realize what they are up against. You lose a critical ground immunity with that ability. It's gimmicky and might win the odd match here and there, however I don't think in the long run it's going to be a godsend.

Suicune is never dead weight. I have used him many times to slaughter entire teams, I've never once seen him just lose outright. What kind of teams was he dead weight against?

Edit: M posted right before me. You honestly need calm mind on cune.

Hmmmm I didn't even notice the Heatproof on Zong. Definitely go with Levitate, and catch those Infernape/Heatran on the switch with Earthquake.

In tandem with the other two, Calm Mind should go on Suicune over probably Reflect if you want to keep the phazing. I think Reflect might be more useful in the long run though.

In actuality, the set he has on Mamo should be the standard in my opinion. Choice Band limits the dangerous versatility this beast needs to sweep, and I always found the Curse set to be rather gimmicky. A fast, orbed mamoswine is scary late-game--heck, its scary if you don't have a Bronzong in the first place.

Unless your using it specifically for late-game, I would bring in Mamoswine whenever the opportunity presents itself--if you choose to use Maggy or Heatran for Zong, any other counters won't stay counters for long if you predict right throughout the match.

If Skarmory starts to become a problem (I've noticed a recent influx in Shed Shell usage), you would do well to put Blizzard over Ice Fang/Shard.

You know what this team needs? MAGNEZONE.

Mamoswine's number one counters are Bronzong, Cressilia, and Gyarados. You have Gyarados covered already, and Cress is pretty rare, but being able to remove Bronzong and Skarmory any time you want to is a very powerful advantage. Better still, Magnezone remains useful all game long, with his quadrillion resistances and powerful special attack.

I reccomend you go with a Timid nature, and 204 Speed EVs to outrun Gliscor. Usually you can snag a KO on it if they're dumb enough to come in on you. Substitute and Magnet Rise help you kill off Bronzong and make Magnezone really hard to deal with afterwards.

I would remove Suicine, but the lack of a good fire resist would hurt you. I don't know who else who could go, but you don't really have any other good way to reliably kill off Bronzong.

wow, thanks for your help, zong is now my lead and i'v swaped zapdos for
maggy, i'm still going to make a few changes. i'll repost what i have when i'm ready.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I strongly suggest that you remove both Reflect and Roar for the established combination of Rest and Sleep Talk on Suicune, and then Calm Mind over Ice Beam. Yes, I have changed the entire strategy in Suicune. With the original set, it was only a matter of time before opposing Infernape, for example, found its way through Suicune and eventually, the rest of the team. Rest + Sleep Talk atleast allows you to take Infernape's attacks relatively easy, apart from Grass Knot, which is where you're required to predict. Finally, with Rest on Suicune, it gives it an overall, effective alternative to switch-in on many occasions and continue to threat the opponent with a potential sweep.

I'd trasnfer Choice Band for Choice Scarf on Heracross to revenge kill, as previously mentioned, Infernape and other fast and threatning sweepers that cause you trouble. Or, you could scrap Heracross altogether and recuit something that's actually useful to your overall Mamoswine sweep. Remember, Cressilia doesn't have trouble in stopping Mamoswine with little to no trouble at all, so you may want to opt for strong Pursuit assistance. Weavile would benifit from the Magnezone support in destroying Steel-types, whilst simultainuously revenge killing terrorizing opposition, such as Infernape, Garchomp and Salamence. Life Orb or Choice Band with the standard moveset - Ice Punch or Night Slash / Ice Shard / Pursuit / Brick Break.

Consider it.

Thank you Tayler, I will consider your suicune set because if suicune goes any fast powerful fire pokemon (or one with a fire move) can have its way with me. also weavile's speed and revenge killing support will be greatly appreciated in a team with only one speedy sweeper, ape. hera was placed in to support ape who i saw as the most important pokemon in the party, it does a much better job than mamo does. mamo can kill what’s left.

a reply from serebii (yes i know there all noobs)
Peck is always an option on stanard Mamo, but Zapdos and Heracross don't get past his team in general anyway. He can't touch Cress though, so yeah, maybe Bite.
what have they been smoking? can't they see weavile? (use'd to be heracross then)

Infernape owns you. Way too much fighting/fire weak. Nasty plot grass knot kills cune. I'd replace weavile with either starmie or zapdos to cover that. It's either weavile or mamoswine and since the team is designed for mamo sweep, then weavile has to go. Either of these also give you a better option for covering gyarados outside of exploding zong.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Infernape owns you. Way too much fighting/fire weak. Nasty plot grass knot kills cune. I'd replace weavile with either starmie or zapdos to cover that. It's either weavile or mamoswine and since the team is designed for mamo sweep, then weavile has to go. Either of these also give you a better option for covering gyarados outside of exploding zong.
iv noticed nasty plot nape is basically extinct now or at least from my point of view since every single mixape i see now is hp ice and GK but if you find nape too big of a problem you could EV it to survive at least 2 unboosted GKs incase they predict a starmie switch or something like that or maybe you should just switch to vaporeon entirely, its your choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)