ORAS OU Manaphy and Friends

This is my first rate my team
(I had to repost it because I accidentally did XY OU initially)

Creation of this team
. I never used, let alone had a Manaphy until one day when he swept my entire team after a tail glow. So I decided to form a team around this mini monster. Metagross is my mega. I utilized what I think is the best defensive duo of Ferrothorn and Gliscor. Heatran exists to absorb all of the heat that's attracted to all of my buns of steel. I'm currently at 1450 on the OU ladder, and I am open for suggestions.

Manaphy Ability:
Hydration Item: Sitrus Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves: Rain Dance / Surf / Tail Glow / Energy Ball

Say hello to Manaphy. He is my special sweeper, and annihilates stall teams. This little guy excels at setting up on common stall poke such as Chansey, Gliscor, Mega Sable, Mega Bro, Skarmory minus Whirl wind, and Ferrothorn that choose to run gyro ball over power whip. Once I get a tail glow in this little guy is ready to bust through strong or weak teams with a +3 Special Attack boost. Rain dance is utilized both to boost the power of surf, and to cure all status problems that people like to through at me. Surf is chosen over scald because after a tail glow I am more worried about power over burn chances. I was running hydro pump, but misses at costly times became frustrating. Energy ball is chosen over both psychic and ice beam because I get a lot of surprise KO's on opponents pokemon that think they can also take advantage of my rain. Manaphy forms a great offensive duo along with my Mega Metagross.

EV spread: Whil only being a base 100, 160 speed EVs along with a timid nature allow Manaphy to outspeed jolly excadrill. Full Special Attack investment to make this beast the king in the rain, and the remainder of the EV's dumped into HP. I run a sitrus berry over lefties because it adds a surprise factor once the opponent finally chips him down below half strength.

Metagross
Ability:
Clear Body ---> Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Meteor Mash / Ice Punch / Hammer Arm / Explosion, bullet punch, zen headbutt, or substitute

Metagross was always one of my favorite pokemon, but was difficult to fit onto a successful team until his mega evolution. Gaining a ton of speed, extra bulk, and a free life orb in his new ability was a generous gift from game freak. The Meteor mash is a standard on him, but my team needed his ice punch to handle all of the dragons that are flying around. Hammer Arm was chosen to defeat the opposing steel types that tend to come in on it. I'm looking at you bloon heatran! The last move is a toss up, as I can see utility in all of the above moves. Explosion can give me an extra KO once my health is low, although bullet punch is nice after a hammer arm speed drop. The only use for zen headbutt that I could see would be for gengar, which otherwise gives my team problems. A strong substitute could also be used if I predict status

EV spread: Full investment in Attack and Speed makes Metagross very difficult to handle for most teams once their talon is taken out. Adamant was chosen to add extra power to his already massive stats.

I have been running the explosion varient and the only downside of my metagross is that it is now weak to dark moves, which makes him unable to sponge knockoffs. That is why I built my gliscor slighlty around being able to sponge knock offs.

Gliscor Item: Toxic Orb Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 168 SpD / 96 Def
Nature: Impish
Moves: Fling / Stealth Rocks / Earthquake / Acrobatics

I crafted up this Gliscor because my team would benefit from having rocks. I usually lead with this guy to get the rocks up ASAP unless the opponent has a Mamoswine. The rocks are important to provide chip damage especially to that damn bird that does give me troubles especially if I make poor predictions. I have been running toxic, but now that I am picking my team apart, it is obvious that fling complements acrobatics well. Acrobatics is used to surprise fighting and grass types that do not expect it from a stealth rocker. The amount of times that a mega gallade has been switched into him and regretted it is comical. Earthquake is standard stab that is needed to kill fire types that my team is semi vulnerable to.

EV spread: 244 HP EV's maximize his recovery. I like to keep my gliscor around so I opt for special bulk over speed. Impish nature to add to his natural pyhsical bulk. The special defensive EV were added because this guy takes quite a few focus blasts that are aimed at heatran and ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn Ability: Iron Barbs Item: Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD / 4 Spe
Nature: Careful
Moves: Spikes / Leech Seed / Protect / Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my main wall. As you know he has really good bulk, an amazing defensive typing, and a great support movepool. He also sets up Spikes for my team, softening up the opposing team. This set is very common and I choose to run power whip over gyro ball because my team has enough steel coverage for fairies. Along with Gliscor, these two make a fantastic defensive duo.

EV Spread: The Def and Special D are split equally to make an excellent mixed wall. Careful nature makes the D and Sp D stats identical. The 4 EVs into speed is used so that I can now outrun Mega Sableye by exactly 1 point.

Heatran
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
Moves: Overheat / Flash Cannon / Earth Power / Dark Pulse > ancient power

Heatran is my designated Scarfer. He is an excellent revenge killer. Overheat is the chosen STAB move due to its shear power. It runs train on anyone that does not resist it. It is best utilized when I predict a will-o-wisp. Flash cannon is useful in a pinch to give fairies and ice pokemon that give gliscor problems a swift STAB without the SP A loss. Earth power allows me to beat opposing heatran. Dark pulse is the final move because otherwise my team struggles to take care of gengar. I was running ancient power for zard and talon, but if they switch out they get a free turn because being locked into that move is miserable. Overall Heatran is an excellent late game cleaner that has fantastic synergy with gliscor because they can handle each others weaknesses.

EV Spread: Although he is scarfed, Heatran needs a full speed investment so that he can outspeed most non-scarfed opponents. Full special attack investment along with a modest nature allows overheat to rip through teams that expect to outrun my Heatran.

Clefable

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Nature: Bold
Moves: Wish / Protect / Moonblast / Fire Blast

Last but certainly not least is my Clefable. When teams think that they can set up or baton pass on me, I simply switch to my handy dandy Cleffa and just ignore their last two turns. She is a life savor against the dragon dancers + moxie combo. ALSO she is great against chain chomp. I would run a moonlight on her if I did not bring rain with my manaphy. It would be nice to have both recovery and a cleric. But other than not having aromatherapy, the moves are fairly common with the exception of Fire Blast to surprise KO the steel types that love switching in on this beauty. Sometimes I get a rage quit directly after I OHKO their ferrothorn or scizor on the switch. Moonblast is also needed as a STAB because otherwise I would not have an answer to dark types.

EV Spread: I used 244 HP EV to maximize the leftover recovery. Full defensive investment add to the surprise factor once I switch this guy into a dancer. The rest is thrown into Special D.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Gengar, Bisharp, Victini
Talonflame, Zard Y
Mega Medichan, and Lando Calrissian

This is a pretty nice team.

One suggestion I have is switching Mega Metagross's nature to Jolly. If you have an Adamant nature, then anything with a base speed of 100 or higher will be able to outspeed you, which includes a lot of dangerous threats such as Timid Mega Charizard X and Landorus-I.

As for the Gengar problem, one solution is to run the following set on your Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

The set can tank Special attacks better and gives you a strong switch-in to Gengar, especially variants not carrying Taunt. If you drop Spikes on Ferrothorn you can also drop SR on Gliscor for Taunt to help you break Stall better.

If you change your Gliscor set you should be able to drop Dark Pulse on Heatran for either Ancient Power or Stone Edge, which will help against Talonflame and Zard Y.

Last thing I'd recommend is some form of hazard removal. Since this team is more of a balanced team, you're going to be doing a lot of switching, so it's important to have some way to keep hazards off your side of the field, though whether to use Defog or Rapid Spin to keep them off will largely depend on whether you want to stack Spikes alongside Stealth Rock or if you're okay with just using Stealth Rock.

I also highly recommend you a defogger/spinner, since you are susceptible to spikes stacking.

If you don't want to replace a member of your team, replace Fling and Acrobatics with Defog and Protect/Substitute. This will enhance Gliscor's recovery abilities.

If there is place for replacement, run Starmie over Manaphy. Rain Dance is contradictory with Heatran, and leaves Metagross and Clefable weak to common powerful Water moves. Try this one:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

It has Rapid Spin for entry hazard control, while not removing your own Stealth Rocks, as well as Psyshock, for outspeeding and OHKOing Gengar, the most common spin blocker.

Otherwise this team looks very solid! Hope I could help you out!

DoctorA Defog is illegal with Poison Heal, thus he would have to settle with Hyper Cutter(or sand veil lol) and have Leftovers, would would make him have less recovery, thus less useful.
Though I agree that a hazard remover is needed, and Starmie would probably be best. However, instead of WishTect, you can just run Soft-Boiled, which works just fine in and out of Rain, and since you have an open move, you can run Stealth Rock on it, and replace SR on your Gliscor with Protect.
Hopefully I could help out, solid team!

I think that stealth rock is way more valuable to a team than spikes. I've run into ferrothorn being set up bait when I try to set up a couple of layers. Then I have to pray that Clefa is able to take a hit then retaliate. I made ferrothorn my stealth rocker, which cleared up some space for gliscor to learn knock off. I also switched fling for substitute because he causes many switches and easily gets the health deposit back. I chose it over protect because I hate using protect when the opponent switches because I feel like a fool that just wasted a turn. This is the first time that I will be running a gliscor that doesn't have a way of poisoning his opponent, but I feel that I need both earthquake and acrobatics for STAB. Gliscor is an excellent switch into fighting types, and he is my only way to hit them hard. I also switched the clefairy wish-protect for softboiled-aromatherapy, because although they both help the team, this is better to deal with burns and paralysis.

Thank you guys for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)