Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Don't let Marshadow's cuteness fool you! Marshadow has very swiftly joined the ranks of the scariest offensive threats in Ubers. The prevalence of Marshadow's Life Orb set, which regularly forces switches, allows Marshadow to use Bulk Up and demolish balance staples like support Arceus formes and Primal Groudon with a +1 Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike. Xerneas has great offensive synergy with Marshadow, as it is able to offensively defeat or pressure Steel-types and specially defensive Pokemon, aiding Xerneas in cleaning late-game. Having to dedicate a moveslot to Bulk Up means Marshadow will have to forgo a coverage move, making entry hazard support essential to remove its reliance on Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike to beat Pokemon like Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh. Additionally, Marshadow will regularly force switches prior to revealing its set and can use this to get much-needed chip damage for its teammates. Stealth Rock users such as Arceus formes and Primal Groudon pair nicely, while more offensive teams can make use of Spikes support from Deoxys-S and Cloyster.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
Ready for QC, I have a lot more characters than is allowed but want to know what is necessarry before I trim this down. DW GP, I will do that before you touch it lol.

It seems to me that you made fixations that I requested in Discord. There are some more things to fix:

Remove Necrozma-DM from what Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike targets. Necrozma-DM won't really stay in against Marshadow anyway.

The threat of Marshadow's Close Combat and its blistering Speed stat has influenced terrifying offensive threats like Swords Dance Arceus-Normal (do I put E-Killer here? Lemme know) to accept their inevitable OHKO or reduce their offensive prowess by running a Chople berry.
This isn't necessary. We are focusing on Marshadow and by no means Chople Ekiler is a relevant example to add here.
Xerneas has great offensive synergy with Marshadow as it is able to offensively pressure Necrozma-DM and Primal Groudon while providing Xerneas setup opportunities from Choice-locked Yveltal or Zygarde-C.
Xerneas is a good partner here - but for different reason. It benefits from Marshadow's ability to defeat most of its checks and generally pressure specially defensive Pokemon and Steel-types.
Defensively, Marshadow appreciates checks to Mega Salamence, Ho-Oh, and Zygarde-C such as Arceus-Fairy, Primal Groudon, or Arceus-Ground. In turn, Marshadow is thankful of Stealth Rock support to ensure OHKOs on Mega Gengar, Areceus-, and offensive Yveltal. In turn, all of these Pokemon are appreciative of Marshadow's ability to offensively threaten the aforementioned Necrozma-DM, Arceus-Ground, and Primal Kyogre.
Make this about providing Stealth Rock support. Marshadium Z variants will struggle against Mega Salamence and will appreciate Stealth Rock which reduces its reliance on Z-Move to KO other foes like defensive Ho-Oh. Marshadow in general is good at forcing switches especially when its set hasn't been revealed yet so it can capitalize on that.

Additionally mention that offensive teams can provide Spikes support with Pokemon like Cloyster or Deoxys-S.

Implement these and ping me.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
add remove comments
<insert cute ass fucking photo here>
Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Don't let Marshadow's cuteness fool you! Marshadow has very swiftly joined the ranks of the scariest offensive threats in the Ubers tier. The prevelance prevalence of Marshadow's Life Orb set, which regularly forces switches, allows Marshadow to use Bulk Up and demolish balance staples like support Arceus- Arceus formes and Primal Groudon with a +1 Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike. Xerneas has great offensive synergy with Marshadow, (AC) as it is able to offensively defeat or pressure Steel-types and specially defensive Pokemon, (AC) aiding Xerneas in cleaning late game late-game. Having to dedicate a moveslot to Bulk Up means Marshadow will have to forego a cover forgo a coverage move, making entry hazard support essential to remove its reliance on Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike to beat Pokemon like Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh. Additionally, Marshadow will regularly force switches prior to revealing its set and can use this to get much needed much-needed chip damage for its teammates. Stealth Rock users such as Arceus- Arceus formes and Primal Groudon pair nicely, while more offensive teams can make use of Spikes support from Deoxy-s Deoxys-S and Cloyster.

1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)