Matezoide vs Eternal Drifter at the Hall of Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
2 vs 2 Singles
LC
No items
Switch: Ok
2 subs
1 day DQ
Arena: Who ever accepts can choose it,but it cant be the ASB Arena.
Preferably with flavor.
Accepting.

How about Yarnus of Bethany's Hall of Light?
Field Type: Normal
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: No sandstorm or hail, artificial water source, no diving

Indoors in a large barren white-walled room is the Normal gym of Yarnus senior. However, due to the immense power of the stash of Normal gems Yarnus has kept, the room of able to alter itself to get rid of another type. As a result, fighting type moves become *1.1 against Normal types and other resistances and weaknesses are only .9 and 1.7, respectively. If something would be neutral against an attack due to a combination, e.g. Venasaur vs Ground, it instead becomes 1.53(.9*1.7) Also, non-STAB moves gain two (2) extra BP. All moves not specified to be disallowed are allowed. Nature Power is a random type each time it is used. En for each normal mon starts at 110. Due to the bright artificial and natural light everywhere, all moves requiring light or benefiting from it take 2 less energy. Chlorophyll is activated automatically, and only goes away if Rain is summoned.

Matezoide

<Fiona> [Vanillite]
Nature: Modest (+ Sp.Attack - Attack)

Type: Ice Summary: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilites:
Ice-Body (Innate):

This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.

Weak Armor (Can be enabled):

The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 44
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Icicle Spear(*)
Harden(*)
Astonish(*)
Uproar(*)
Icy Wind(*)
Mist(*)
Avalanche(*)
Taunt(*)

Hail (*)
Blizzard (*)
Hidden-Power (7 BP,Fighting) (*)

Automotize(*)
Water-Pulse(*)
Imprison(*)

<Mankey> [Steve] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+16% accuracy)
Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Vital Spirit : (Innate)

This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Anger Point: (Innate)
When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

Defiant (DW LOCKED): (Innate)
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 81 (+)
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 3/6
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Covet(*)
Scratch(*)
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Screech(*)
Assurance(*)

Close Combat(*)
Reversal(*)
Encore(*)
Counter
Substitute
Endure

Dig(*)
Acrobatics(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Thunder-Punch
Endure

<Corphish> [Rob] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Hyper Cutter: (Innate)
This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.

Shell Armor: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Adaptability: (DW LOCKED,Innate)

The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).

Stats
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 2/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Bubble(*)
Harden(*)
Vice-Grip(*)
Leer(*)
BubbleBeam(*)
Protect(*)
Knock Off(*)
Crunch

Dragon Dance (*)
Mudsport(*)
Trump Card(*)
Superpower
Endeavor

Waterfall(*)
Brick-Break(*)
Double-Team(*)
X-Scissor

Eternal Drifter

Fern the Mewoth

Fern (Meowth) (Female)
Hardy Nature
Type: Normal
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilties:
Pick Up:Type: Innate
This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.
Technician: Type: Innate
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their one-hit or two-hit attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power on each hit multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, Double Hit to from 4 per hit to 6 per hit etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects. Technician only applies to combos in the rare case that an initial hit will have 6 or less BAP.
(Dream World: Locked) Unnerve: Type: Innate
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 90

EC: 3/6
DC: 3/5

Attacks: (18 Moves Known)
Scratch
Growl
Bite
Fake Out
Fury Swipes
Screech
Faint Attack
Taunt
Pay Day
Feint

Hypnosis
Odor Sleuth
Spite

Toxic
Aerial Ace
Thief

Icy Wind
Swift

Hope the Chingling

Chingling (Hope) (Female)
Bold Nature
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Ability:
Levitate: Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Atk: Rank 1-
Def: Rank 3+
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 45

EC: 0/6

Attacks: (13 Moves Known)
Wrap
Growl
Astonish
Confusion
Uproar
Last Resort
Entrainment

Hypnosis
Recover
Wish

Toxic
Protect
Thunder Wave

Order of Operations
-Eternal Drifter sends out pokemon
-Matezoide sends out pokemon with orders
-Eternal Drifter gives orders
- I ref.

"I see, I see..." Walker says, sending out a small bell. "This will either be a long match, or a quick one. I don't know which to hope for, other than Hope getting stronger."

Hope the Chingling sent out

"A Chingling? Cant say i ever saw one of these in person before....Rob,show us what you can do!"

Double-Team (3 copies) -> Dragon-Dance -> Crunch

If Toxic is used and you do not have Double-Team activated,Protect that action and push-back,but only once.
If You are paralised on the action you would use Dragon-Dance,use Trump-Card instead

PS: I mis-remembered and thought it was a 3 on 3,i will not use Mankey.

"Hope here is my newest Poke'mon," Walker says. "I'm planning on training her to support the team in the future... but she has to get through training. Hope, try to poison the beast..."

Hope:
Action 1: Toxic
Action 2: Hypnosis
Action 3: Toxic

Frosty

=_=
Team Matezoide

EN:110
4/3/1/2/35

Team Eternal Drifter

EN: 110
1/3/3/2/45

ROUND 1

"Can I join the sprite party, too?"

...erm. nah, I prefer to be invisible.

Anyway, here we are at what I can only describle as a mix of some place took from Zelda Ocarina of Time and those white-only rooms for wackos. Matezoide is facing Eternal Drifter. Two newbies in battle. Amusing.

The battle starts with Rob the Corphish using Protect to evade the toxic sludge the adorable Hope the Chingling used. Then the Chingling tries to status again, this time with hypnosis to no avail, as it missed. The light was probably too strong. Either way, Rob seizes the opportunity to use its "speed" (a terrible one but I digress) to create 3 clones with Double Team.

Finally, following her mission to status the Corphish, Hope tries Toxic again, but luck isn't in her favour, as the bright light made it miss the clones all-together. Corphish then finished to set up with a Dragon Dance.

Hax smiled for Matezoide. But its humour can swing quite a bit. Let's see how this all pans out, k?

Corphish: Protect for 7 energy

Chingling: Toxic for 7 energy

Chingling: Hypnosis for 6 energy
Hit: 93 (no)

Corphish: Double Team for 12 energy

Hit:92 (no)

Corphish: Dragon Dance for 7 energy

Team Matezoide

EN:84
other: +1atk and +1spe
4/3/1/2/35

Team Eternal Drifter

EN: 89
1/3/3/2/45
other:

Eternal Drifter's Turn!

"The key to winning is to pile luck onto smarts to turn success into victory," Walker says. "Of course, you can use certain moves to help that. SWIFT!"

Fern:
Action 1: Swift
Action 2: Fake Out
Action 3: Toxic

Frosty

=_=
Team Matezoide

EN:84
other: +1atk and +1spe
4/3/1/2/35

Team Eternal Drifter

HP:90
2/2/2/2/90
Other: Nada.

1/3/3/2/45
other:

Round 2​

For a chance to dissipate all the pesky clones, Eternal Drifter switches Hope for Fern and orders it to use SWIFT. But Matezoide anticipates that and orders Rob to Protect.

But the protection made Fern notices that one of the clones was moving a bit different than others and before they could mix again, she strikes with Fake Out, making the real one flinch and dissipating all the clones. I guess there is more than one way to butcher a pig (what a gross comparison).

Finally, Fern does what Hope tried to last round: it poisons Rob with Toxic. The Corphish fight back with Trump Card which, powered by the arena, deal half-decent damage.

It seems that hax has changed sides! Let's see how all of this pans out.

Corphish: Protect for 11 energy

Meowth: Swift for 3 energy - failed

Meowth: Fake Out: 4 + 3 -1.5 = 5.5 damage for 3 energy
Clone: 1/4 (the real one)
Crit: 4 (no)

Corphish: Brick Break: flinch for 6 energy

Meowth: Toxic for 7 energy
Hit: 40 (yes)
Corphish is poisoned!

Corphish: Trump Card: 5 + 3 + 1.75 +2(arena) = 11.75 damage for 8 energy
Crit:15 (no)
-1hp due to poison

Team Matezoide

HP: 83
EN:59
other: +1atk and +1spe for 1a also poison (2hp)
4/3/1/2/35

Team Eternal Drifter

HP:78
EN:97
2/2/2/2/90

1/3/3/2/45
other:

Matezoide's Turn!

Matt! That Meowth is frigging Cassandra Cain! Any ideas?

We still have a health advantage,lets keep the pressure!

Waterfall -> Trump Card -> Trump Card

If Hypnosis is used close your eyes and look away (Or just dodge,if thats not a legal action)

"Let's keep up the pressure!" Walker calls. "Avoid missing! Keep striking!"

Fern:
Action 1: Spite (Trump Card)
Action 2: Swift
Action 3: Aerial Ace

Frosty

=_=
Team Matezoide

HP: 83
EN:59
other: +1atk and +1spe for 1a also poison (2hp)
4/3/1/2/35

Team Eternal Drifter

HP:78
EN:97
2/2/2/2/90

1/3/3/2/45
other:

Round 3​

Battle Summary (as my time now is limited, unfortunately):

Meowth goes the mischievous disruptive route by using Spite to make it harder for Corphish to use Trump Card. Rob responds with Waterfall for good damage as the boosts from Dragon Dance fades out. After that Meowth goes the offensive route with Swift, taking a Trump Card in return. Same thing happens in the following turn, with the Aerial Ace preceding the Trump Card.

In the end Meowth may be able to leave its mark, but I wonder how much will it cost...

-2hp for Corphish and -1energy for Meowth due to me forgetting Technician last turn.

Meowth: Spite (Trump Card) for 6 energy

Corphish: Waterfall: 8 + 3 + 3 + 1.75 = 15.75 for 5 energy
Crit: 4 (no)
-2hp

Meowth: Swift: 9 + 3 = 12 damage for 4 energy
Crit: 6 (no)

Corphish: Trump Card: 8 + 2 - 1.5 = 8.5 damage for 12 energy
Crit: 5 (no)
-2hp

Meowth: Aerial Ace: 9 + 2 = 11 damage for 5 energy
Crit: 9 (no)

Corphish: Trump Card: 11 + 2 - 1.5 = 11.5 damage for 16 energy
Crit: 8 (no)
-2hp

Team Matezoide

HP: 54
EN:26
other: poison (3hp)
4/3/1/2/35
Trump Card with Spite.

Team Eternal Drifter

HP:42
EN:82
2/2/2/2/90

1/3/3/2/45
other:

Eternal Drifter's Turn

"Hum....we accept."
"Fiona,you are up."

Taunt -> Automotize -> Astonish

If asleep A1,use Taunt as soon as you wake up.
If paralised at A2 or A3,use Blizzard.

"I am sorry,Fiona,i know you hate using Taunt."
It is alright,it is for the team.

Frosty

=_=
You two like status way too much.

Team Matezoide

other:
1/2/4/2/44

4/3/1/2/35
Trump Card with Spite.

Team Eternal Drifter

1/3/3/2/45
other:

2/2/2/2/90

Summary:

Fiona was ready to fire some taunting insults, but Hope Protect itself by created loud noises, so we'll never know what was said. Then the sounds changed by more soothing ones as Hope tries some Hypnosis and it suceeded as Fiona fell asleep for 1 turn. Finally Hope goes for the longer way (and I hate it for that) by using Toxic to wither Fiona down. But the Vanillite isn't happy about it and fires an Astonish for awful damage.

Chingling: Protect for 7 energy

Vanillite: Taunt for 10 energy - failed

Chingling: Hypnosis for 6 energy
hit: 36 (yes)
Duration: 2/3 (1 turn)

Vanillite: asleep

Hit: 60 (yes)

Vanillite: Astonish for 3 energy: 4 - 3 = 1*1.5 = 1.5 damage.
Crit: 3 (no)
-1hp due to poison

Team Matezoide

HP: 89
EN:94
other: Poison (2hp)
1/2/4/2/44

4/3/1/2/35
Trump Card with Spite.

Team Eternal Drifter

HP: 88
EN: 69
1/3/3/2/45
other:

2/2/2/2/90

Eternal Drifter's Turn

As much as i hate doing this,Fiona doesnt knows Ice-Beam and i ordered her to use Astonish (wich was a terrible idea).

"Well done!" Walker says. "We are starting to pull ahead. Let's delay and slow attacks, and then start with another."

Hope:
Action 1: Thunder Wave
Action 2: Wrap
Action 3: Confusion (Maintaining Wrap)

Astonish -> Astonish -> Astonish

Guaranted 53HKO,you b@!#$!

Seriously now.....

Blizzard -> Taunt -> Blizzard

If unable to move,use Taunt next action and Blizzard the one after.

If i am lucky,the powerfull winds generated by the attack,as well as the sudden temperature drop will free Fiona or at least make it more accurate due to the fact Hope is wrapping herself around my mon.....

``YOU CAN DO IT,FIONA!!!!!!!!!``

``Maybe if i had better moves.... T_T``

``The match is far from over,dont give up!``

``We believe you!``

``Guys......``

Frosty

=_=
I think I'll cry with this adorable teamwork T_T.

In case you are wondering, I am having a tough time getting this rounds on time (mon-thu = hell for me), so if you want this to move faster, I suggest you get a subref.

Team Matezoide

HP: 89
EN:94
other: Poison (2hp)
1/2/4/2/44

4/3/1/2/35
Trump Card with Spite.

Team Eternal Drifter

HP: 88
EN: 69
1/3/3/2/45
other:

2/2/2/2/90

Summary:

Hope continues the bloody status platform (for heaven's sake!) with Thunder Wave paralysing Fiona. The Vanillite retaliates with Blizzard.

Now a lot faster, Hope finally attacks with...you have got to be kidding me...Wrap. Fiona then does what I've being wanting to and curses Hope, taunting it.

Finally, the Chingling uses Confusion and Fiona tries to counter...and fails due to Full Paralysis.

Chingling: Thunder Wave for 7 energy

Vanillite: Blizzard: 12 + 3 + 1.5 = 16.5 damage for 7 energy
FP: 28 (no)
Hit: 50 (yes)
Freeze: 9 (no)
Crit: 14 (no)
-2hp

Chingling: Wrap: 4 + 2 - 1.5 = 4.5 damage for 4 energy
Crit: 7 (no)
Hit: 43 (yes)

Vanillite: Taunt for 10 energy
FP: 69 (no)
-2hp
-2hp

Chingling: Confusion: 5 + 3 + 1.5 = 9.5 damage for 2 energy
Confusion: 6 (no)
Crit: 5 (no)

Vanillite: Blizzard: Fully Paralysed for 7 energy
FP: 17 (yep yeo
-2hp
-2hp

Team Matezoide

HP: 67
EN: 70
other: Poison (3hp), Wrap for 2a, 15% paralysed.
1/2/4/2/44

4/3/1/2/35
Trump Card with Spite.

Team Eternal Drifter

HP: 71
EN: 56
1/3/3/2/45
other: taunt for 5a

2/2/2/2/90

Matezoide's Turn.

"Just keep pluging away..." Walker says. "Scratch damage upon scratch damage, let the poison build..."

"...In hindsight, letting Hope get taunted may have been a bad idea, but we'll see how it turns out. I have no need for more status at the moment, but recovery is starting to look nice."

Hope:
Action 1: Astonish (Maintain Wrap)
Action 2: Confusion (Maintain/End Wrap)
Action 3: Wrap (Restart Wrap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)