SS OU MAX OFFENSE : 5 Sweeper + 1 Offensive Pivot (1st Time got to the top 500 @1715 ELO)

Hello everyone, I want to post my team (again), I'm not a good player and only want to play hyper offense, but this team can carry me to the top 500 for the first time. And this is not only the hyper potion, I mean offense. But also max offense, because all of my pokemon have MAX EV on Atk or SpA with only little investment on HP or SpD.

Originally, this team was build from standar dual screen HO koko + hawlucha with sash Lando lead. But many OU player already know that strategy just by looking at the team preview, so there is no suprise factor anymore.
---
I still used the same core with different set, only Hawlucha has the same set because he is the main character of HO.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
This set is already well known, 128 EV Spe is to outspeed generic enemy hawlucha with 124 EV that outspeed jolly excadrill on sand. 36 SpD (maybe) to survive moonblast for clefable, but it doesn't matter if clef kill him as long as I can get chip on it. The rest of EV dumped to HP for slightly increased bulk. I also consider max Spe and if necessary.

Next is the electric terrain setter

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- U-turn
This is not dual screen, but offensive pivot koko with MAX SpA and Spe. Thunderbolt is the main attack that deals heavy damage to water and flying types, special mention to most annoying steel bird duo, corvi and skarm. Dazzling gleam is its secondary STAB to deal with eletric immunity mons. Taunt and U-Turn is still remain from the original dual screen set. Heavy duty boots was the best item for pivoting because it can bypass hazards.

And next the king of OU, the #1

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
Dual dancing lando with EdgeQuake combination. Adamant MAX Atk EV of his 145 base Atk hit pretty hard. Earthquake is his main STAB and Stone Edge is his only coverage. EV 208 Spe is to outspeed neutral 85 base speed like rillaboom or nidoking, the rest EV is for HP. I choose leftovers over soft sand because of longetivy. While soft sand can make his Earthquake even stronger, it don't have any use to stone edge. I also don't wanna take recoil damage from life orb.

And thats my 3 core. The remaining three, all of them are sweepers, I don't use any hazard setter even stealth rock. Heavy duty boots make hazard not as important as the previous generation.

The number 4 is my lead

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
He is my lead most of the time, except when I see urshifu, enemy weavile, or pelipper rain team, I lead with koko instead. I prever Icicle crash over triple axel because I dislike taking rocky helmet damage, while also have chance to flinch though weaker that 3axel. Knock off is his main attack to remove enemy items and also get STAB of his dark typing. Low kick is used for surprise factor to deal heavy damage to mostly heavy steel types. Swords dance was used to double its attack. I don't need ice shard on this set because he has already high 125 base speed even without priority. Sash is mandatory item for leading with HO.

Next is the most threatening attacker on OU

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Darts
- Steel Wing
- Dragon Dance
Physical sweeper DD pult. Darts is his main STAB. Sucker punch is the only priority attack in this team. I choose steel wing over phantom force because I dislike 2 turn moves even its STAB. The 2 typing that takes supereffective from ghost is another ghost and psychic already covered by dark moves. Steel wing deal supereffective damage to fairy types that takes no damage from darts. Clear body was used over infiltrator to prevent attack loss from intimidate lando or on rare situation speed lost from sticky web. Life orb was used for maximum damage.

And last is the one considered for the most broken sweeper

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance
I don't even need to explain this, It needs no surprise factor. Volcarona is the only special sweeper. Quiver dance is so broken. Flamethrower is main STAB, Bug Buzz is secondary STAB, and Psychic is the coverage. Heavy duty boots is the only item that suitable for its typing. I never interested in bulky volcarona, MAX offense QD+3 attack is the best set.
---
And that’s my team. I take risk to reveal this team to RMT forum because I'm not interested to climb higher than 1700 elo. Top 500 is the only achievement that I want. Maybe the surprise factor doesn't work as good as before after I post this. This team is very fast for laddering (also fast for losing, lol) and I don't find many threatlist as long as you have many knowledge of OU battlefield. The most annoying team to deal is RAIN and STALL.

I hope this team can make newcomer below 1500 elo faster to climb, I also really welcome for any feedback regarding this team, whether its minor or major. Here's the pokepast : https://pokepast.es/67fceeca0e83c938

Awaiting for opinion of yours everyone, thank you.

Attachments

unorthodox hyper offense, cool. clearly, its working fo you. gj on ur peak bro :]

butttt.. i should lyk that i strongly advice screens koko over hdb and hdb weav over the sash bc sash weav really bad especially when its offense like this with no removal at all, like, that sash getting broken so easily via rocks and every serious team runs rocks. btw ur team is extremely frail so ur team would appreciate screens koko. u want ice shard over low kick on weav bc +2 weav ice shard destroys pult so thats that. u could prob go phantom force over steel wing as phantom force becomes a incredibly powerful stab attack after a few dds, while steel wing doesnt even kill clefable at +1. finally, i believe suicide lando better than sd rock polish bc the absense of rocks means that the opponent can switch in much easier, easing pressure which u definitely dont want. if this was my team id try to fit a boom in here bc of how synergistic lucha is with it, but thats just my opinion.

unorthodox hyper offense, cool. clearly, its working fo you. gj on ur peak bro :]

butttt.. i should lyk that i strongly advice screens koko over hdb and hdb weav over the sash bc sash weav really bad especially when its offense like this with no removal at all, like, that sash getting broken so easily via rocks and every serious team runs rocks. btw ur team is extremely frail so ur team would appreciate screens koko. u want ice shard over low kick on weav bc +2 weav ice shard destroys pult so thats that. u could prob go phantom force over steel wing as phantom force becomes a incredibly powerful stab attack after a few dds, while steel wing doesnt even kill clefable at +1. finally, i believe suicide lando better than sd rock polish bc the absense of rocks means that the opponent can switch in much easier, easing pressure which u definitely dont want. if this was my team id try to fit a boom in here bc of how synergistic lucha is with it, but thats just my opinion.
Thank you for your feedback, its seems that you'd like to change back this team to original dual screen koko with sash lando lead. I think I need to explain more about the role of this team :

1. weavile is the lead, so he needs sash. His role was to break as many damage as possible in the early game that can help other teammate to sweep later

2. tapu koko actually is the last mon that changed from the original dual screen setter. Its true that screen can really help bulking my team. But I have problem with urshifu because surging strike guaranteed crit can bypass screen, and my team really struggle againts him except for dragapult that can easily walled by steel typing. So, I'd try to change dual screen with dual STAB, and it's worked to carry me from 1600s to top 500

3. lando was originally suicide lead with stealth rocks and explosion. But many enemies read this set right away, so he cannot do anything beside setup rocks and explode in front of the likes of corviknight and skarmory. So, I'd change the lead with weavile that can do more useful stuff due to his better speed and knock off. Then I'd change lando set from suicide lead to dual dance

4. phantom force is the best physical ghost STAB on dragapult, but the problem is 2 turn moves can often give enemy free momentum. I have replay that +1 steel wing OHKO (maybe SpD) clef, see turn 30 : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1343828489-pec6yru1s6eo5za5gw9f5h8n5qjgsv9pw (it's when koko was still using dual screen)

5. I definitely want to try SD Rillaboom to replace koko as terrain setter, to make my team full of 6 sweepers, lol.

Yo, I've been playing around with this team and its actually really solid.
I've easily made it to 1700 without even using my brain to predict anything. I've only lost like two games. One was against a stall team I couldn't break and the other I was just being stupid.
One thing though, I switched out low kick for poison jab on weavile because tapu fini walls the shit out of weavile without poison jab, and tapu fini is everywhere currently. I definitely want to keep tapu koko how it is though because I can just turn off my brain and click taunt on volcaronas. Melmetals are sometimes a threat, but if it comes down to it, you can just get some chip, sac a mon and finish it off with hawlucha or lando t. Also, for rain teams, try to save weavile's sash and pray that they didn't click flip turn. Otherwise, just get two rock polishes on lando-t when they switch to pelipper or ferrothorn if they have it.

Yo, I've been playing around with this team and its actually really solid.
I've easily made it to 1700 without even using my brain to predict anything. I've only lost like two games. One was against a stall team I couldn't break and the other I was just being stupid.
One thing though, I switched out low kick for poison jab on weavile because tapu fini walls the shit out of weavile without poison jab, and tapu fini is everywhere currently. I definitely want to keep tapu koko how it is though because I can just turn off my brain and click taunt on volcaronas. Melmetals are sometimes a threat, but if it comes down to it, you can just get some chip, sac a mon and finish it off with hawlucha or lando t. Also, for rain teams, try to save weavile's sash and pray that they didn't click flip turn. Otherwise, just get two rock polishes on lando-t when they switch to pelipper or ferrothorn if they have it.
Thank you, glad to know my team can works using by someone

Poison jab seems really good moves, because this team really struggle againts fini

Ive tried this team out. It's pretty solid but there are a few things I would change.

Change Weaviles Focus Sash to boots, as stealth rock already breaks the sash, and deals a lot to fragile Weavile.
I would also run Triple Axel over Crash.

I would run screens Koko into this team, as you can support Hawlucha with heavy defenses, but also support Dragapult which brings me to my next change.

Weakness policy on Dragapult can be really good with ur set and screens koko. It's not worth taking the life orb damage vs something like Corviknight.

I also would put Giga Drain > Bug Buzz on Volcarona, as I feel Volcarona is to fragile, and needs some sort of recovery. It also lets you beat Swampert and Tapu Fini.

This is what the team looks like with the changes.
https://pokepast.es/c935d96b70dfcf1b

Last edited:
Screens Koko + all the Swords Dance setups/ Weakness Policy Dragapult has just won games. Ive been able to just like 5-0 or 6-0 alot of people. You should try screens.

Ive tried this team out. It's pretty solid but there are a few things I would change.

Change Weaviles Focus Sash to boots, as stealth rock already breaks the sash, and deals a lot to fragile Weavile.

I would run screens Koko into this team, as you can support Hawlucha with heavy defenses, but also support Dragapult which brings me to my next change.

Weakness policy on Dragapult can be really good with ur set and screens koko. It's not worth taking the life orb damage vs something like Corviknight.

I also would put Giga Drain > Bug Buzz on Volcarona, as I feel Volcarona is to fragile, and needs some sort of recovery. It also lets you beat Swampert and Tapu Fini.

Imo bug buzz is better since swampert fell in usage crazy hard but giga drain could be used for fini if they’re really struggling with it

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Played 10 games with this team and nothing but W's but I did have SOME issues with fini but that's all about I could find. Heat team!:mad:

Thank you for your feedback, your Koko set is very very nice, it solved the main issue of standard dual screen with taunt & u-turn that cannot do damage. Your set is the combination of dual screen that can also doing damage, volt switch is excellent choice of pivot moves that replace u-turn, not only can do pivot, but also doing very high damage with STAB + electric terrain.

Thank you for your feedback, your Koko set is very very nice, it solved the main issue of standard dual screen with taunt & u-turn that cannot do damage. Your set is the combination of dual screen that can also doing damage, volt switch is excellent choice of pivot moves that replace u-turn, not only can do pivot, but also doing very high damage with STAB + electric terrain.
NP man. The screens + Lando can sometimes just sweep games its ridiculous.

NP man. The screens + Lando can sometimes just sweep games its ridiculous.
Ive played this team for days now, and ive come to realize Dragapult dosen't do much to help the team. It can deal with Kyurem, and Urshifu, but there are already checks to those on the team. I decided to replace it with Slowking. I usually swept with Weavile and Hawlucha, sometimes Volcarona, but Dragapult never seemed to fit it's role. Slowking provides a special wall, that can deal with one of the teams biggest threat, Tapu Lele. It also can take a Magma Storm from Heatran with ease, and not lose to much HP. I found it more useful than Dragapult, and it gave me more success overall. Hope you consider it.

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Ive played this team for days now, and ive come to realize Dragapult dosen't do much to help the team. It can deal with Kyurem, and Urshifu, but there are already checks to those on the team. I decided to replace it with Slowking. I usually swept with Weavile and Hawlucha, sometimes Volcarona, but Dragapult never seemed to fit it's role. Slowking provides a special wall, that can deal with one of the teams biggest threat, Tapu Lele. It also can take a Magma Storm from Heatran with ease, and not lose to much HP. I found it more useful than Dragapult, and it gave me more success overall. Hope you consider it.

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
Isn’t this supposed to be max offense though, what’s the point of having 1 wall

It helps pivot around.
I get that but it’s meant to be a max offense. These types of teams usually rely on taking a hit because of type resistance. Having just 1 wall is useless. For example, if that’s your catch all special wall, enemies can easily just pivot out into something that threatens slowking. The point of walls on Pokémon teams is to have multiple of them that provide good defensive synergy between each other

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
Thank you for your consideration, I rarely using this team anymore though, but if dragapult didn't work, I'd rather changed it with another attacker, not wall. You can experiment with stealth rock garchomp or even gimmickly stealth rock bisharp with focus sash, lol.

Hey! I would like to thank the author of the team. Before I always stuck at 1400, but since playing this team I managed to go up to 1750 (I had never been so high before ^^)
Now I would love to try to create my own team, but I don't think I managed to recreate such a good one lol

By the way, on the Ladder I ran into someone with this team, it was pretty fun lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)