SM OU Medicham and his Friends

Ferrothorn.gif
Landorus-T.gif
Medicham-mega.gif
Tapu Lele.gif
Tornadus-T.gif
Toxapex.gif

Here's my second RMT. I've found a decent amount of success with this team, but feel there are still some smaller issues that I need to fix, as well as a few counters that really hurt.

Ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

This is a somewhat straightforward set for one of the better defensive steels in the tier. I elect Spikes here with rocks on Lando, and Spikes chip is huge to get opposing Mons into Medicham damage range. Ferro also serves as one of my two Gren counters and brings T-Wave for switching in Heatrans. The full paralysis plus Leech Seed is my team's only reaction to Celesteela, assuming Knocked Off Leftovers from Torn.

Landorus-T.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Rocky Helmet really does wonders against M-Scizor. EVed to outspeed defensive Landos and U-Turn to potentially get Cham, Lele, or Torn in to do bigger damage. Would be open for different builds, as I'm not positive this is what I want to stick with...or even an alternate ground type all together.

Medicham-mega.gif

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Extremely straightforward set for Cham, there's not a ton of variance that can be had here. The Zen Headbutt has the chance for a bit of ultra power in psychic terrain. Also, Ice Punch is needed considering my only other Zygarde countering mons are Lando and Ferro, both of which do poorly against Coil set. Cham has a better chance to strike through.

Tapu Lele.gif

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Moonblast

My attempt on speed control, I love how Lele plays. With two U-Turners on the team to get Lele in, psychic terrain-boosted Psyshock and Psychic do a ton of damage, even to neutral targets. HP Fire exists for Ferrothorn and Scizor and also does okay damage to the other defensive steels in the tier. Moonblast is the best fourth attack to discourage Zygarde, Garchomp, T-Tar and Gren switches.

Tornadus-T.gif

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

In my opinon, Torn-T is a massively underrated mon in the tier. With an incredibly high speed tier and a Supersonic Skystrike that hits like a truck, nothing likes switching into it. Knock Off is definitely there to take off recovery from opposing Pex, Ferro, Celesteela and Eviolite from Chansey. U-Turn allows switch into Lele after doing damage to Mew, and Defog support helps clear T-Spikes to keep Cham moving, and the extra accuracy for Hurricane doesn't hurt.

Toxapex.gif

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

This is just a standard Pex set. I chose the SpD variant over Def due to the general physical bulkiness from Lando and Ferro, he didn't need all the defense. I elect T-Spikes over Toxic so that there's still a status penalty on switching in Heatrans and forces a defog. Also, I find one layer of T-Spikes is really great chip to help Cham and Lele sweep late game.​

Counters

Zapdos.gif

Zapdos counters my entire team...hard. It's really close to being considered a teambuilding flaw. However, with correct predictions and momentum control, I am able to get out to Medicham who can get a OHKO on non-defensive variants after rocks damage. But seriously, any tips you have to dealing with this thing would be greatly appreciated.

Celesteela.gif

As talked about earlier, Celesteela and Skarmory are really good at countering the team. I nearly need to rely on 1. Knock Off from Torn to kill leftovers and 2. Leech-Seed and full paralysis from Ferrothorn. But even then, Ferrothorn only likely has two turns assuming it was at 100% going in. That chip is enough for Medicham to be able to do something to it with a High Jump Kick.

Tapu Koko.gif
Swampert-Mega.gif
Hawlucha.gif

Rain-Lucha is really tough to beat. With a somewhat slow team, having the option of two Pokemon (M-Swampert and Hawlucha) that outspeed the entire team is tough. Also, Koko that holds HP-Ice and hits Lando without my respondent Earthquake. Some maneuvering and nuking with the Z-Hurricane from Torn can get me out of the Swampert situation and creative preservation of Lele can help against Koko.

Charizard-X.gif

Zard-X can 2HKO every single mon on my team except Lando, but can 2HKO after 1 DD (assuming Intimidate). It's a really tough mon to switch into, something is going to take a lot of damage, and I'm so reliant on Lando that he takes quite a bit of damage.

Yo, good-looking team but yeah, Hawlucha, rain up or not, is really threatening, being able to setup on 3/6 of your Pokemon. I find Zapdos not as problematic as you seem it to be. Scarf Lele pretty much forces it out since Psychic is a clean 2HKO. M-Medicham also pressures it with both Ice Punch and Zen Headbut. It's more problematic in the sense that you don't have a reliable switch-in and it can come in on 4/6 of your Pokemon but well still manageable. Celesteela is also a threat, yeah, especially since your team is built around a Psychic Spam core, I guess your way to pass it is to fish for a burn with Toxapex's scald and knocked it off so... Char X is really something you can play around with Def Lando-t + that Psychic Spam core. Anyway, you identified most of your weaknesses, so I'll just suggest my changes.

Major Changes

>
While M-Medicham + Tapu Koko is known as a really good core, Koko provides you a solid check to some of the things you identified as the threats like Hawlucha, Zapdos, and Celesteela. It is able to take a hit from full to +2 Lucha and is a reliable switch-in to Zapdos. However, to make that easier, I'd run a set with Roost, so you're able to check what you're supposed to check throughout the game. The item is up to you, but I'd use either a Shuca Berry to take less damages to Landot's earthquakes or a Z Move.

>
(optional) At this point, you're lacking speed control with the lose of your Lele. That's why I'd consider running Kartana over Torn-T. Kartana likes Medicham's ability to pressure the common FerroPex cores as well as the ones with Celesteela, so Kartana can have an easier late game sweep. It also helps you revenge killing things such as Kyurem-B, and even things Lele couldn't do, such as SG Magearna. I'd run the standard set with Defog as filler.

Minor Changes

Running Knock Off over Twave would help you against a lot of fat things, especially versus both Celesteela and Zapdos. On the other hand, I don't find Twave particularly helpful due to the minority of what it helps for.

I'm not sure why you're using Adamant + an Attack invested spread. I suggest running a more defensive spread, like 248 HP / 116 Def / 144+ Spe. This allows you to outspeed Max Speed Timid Heatrans while still being able to check most of the stuff like Zygarde and opposite Lando-t's. I also suggest running Leftovers over Rocky Helmet since it gives you a better longevity overall.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Hope the changes will work out, good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)