XY Ubers Medieval 'Mons: A Balanced XY Ubers Team

Would you use this team?

• Total voters
Hi there everyone. Rileydelete here with a brand new team, one that is meant to be viable and fun to use in the current metagame. I tried to make things as easy to understand as possible. Read the RMT, leave your rate, steal my team, and have fun using it!

Xerneas (Paladin)

"The way of the Paladin is to seek to know that which truly is. The Paladin strives to learn his own inner nature and that of others. The Paladin does whatever needs to be done to bring light to the world. Not for glory, not for gain, the Paladin Becomes a Paladin because it is his Will."
-Rakeesh Sah Tarna, Quest for Glory II

Paladin (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Close Combat
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide

When I first decided to test out Xerneas, I had absolutely no idea just how good it actually was. I hated the idea of Geomancy, thinking that a Pokemon with one shot to set up is ultimately not reliable when facing a skilled opponent. Instead, I opted for an Offensive Cleric, noting how prevalent Status spreading is with the above moves. I didn't want a Chansey; I wanted a healer that can punch holes. Mixed Xerneas is exactly that:

Bulky mixed cleric Xerneas has amazing versatility, stats, typing, ability, and coverage. It's in a great speed tier, that lets it outrun all unvested base 90-95s, and you don't need to use a single Speed EV. Max HP lets Xerneas tank amazingly strong hits, and fire back some of its own. Let's take a look at the moves:

• Aromatherapy: Mandatory. Provides great team support, near immunity Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, and Thunder Wave, and wonderful overall utility.
  • Close Combat: Main physical attack. Lets Xerneas beat Pokemon which would normally give it trouble, unboosted, like Heatran and Chansey. Also always gets a 2HKO on extreme killer, often doing around 60%, and letting me kill it with something else.
  • Moonblast: Main special move. Hits extremely hard with STAB + Fairy Aura, to the extent that 2HKOs are achieved without any boosts or excessive SpA EVs.
  • Rock Slide: primarily gets OHKOs on Ho-Oh. Xerneas tends to always outspeed, but speed creep Ho-Oh does exist. Also, allows Xerneas the ability to hit Pokemon like Gengar with a reasonably accurate attack, and do decent damage. Really though, Rock Slide will only be used for Ho-Oh.

How to play the Paladin: Bulky Mixed Cleric Xerneas is designed to come in after more than one of your Pokemon has been crippled with a status. With just one aromatherapy, you can undo most of the damage caused by status effects, but unlike many Clerics, Xernes can stay in and do amazing damage to any switch-ins. There are notable exceptions: Aegislash, Will-o-Wisp Steelceus, and Toxic Lugia are three examples of Pokemon which this Xerneas set just can NOT win against. Additionally, Xerneas' typing lets it switch into predicted Dragon type moves, like Outrage, and predicted Dark moves like Darkrai's Dark Pulse. With the above moves, Xerneas can actually switch into these Pokemon, and often win; something many other Fairies have trouble doing. Really, use this set as a team supporter which can hurt things and provide aid.
What could be tweaked: Xerneas intentionally has an odd movepool, but the movepool also provides great coverage. Thunder could used as an all around attack, which hits things hard, but without SpA EVs, it's not worth it. HP Fire would hit Aegislash, but is ultimately pretty weak. Psyshock is both interesting and redundant. Geomancy Xerneas, Rest Talk Cleric, and Rest Talk Phaser play differently.

Blaziken/Mega Blaziken (Warrior)

“I know what I'm capable of; I am a soldier now, a warrior. I am someone to fear, not hunt.”

Pittacus Lore, The Rise of Nine

Oh Mega Blaziken, how you have stolen my heart. Where you once destroyed my every team with your perfect coverage and power, I am now using you to destroy my opponents.

In all seriousness, Blazikenite was the tool which really pushed Blaziken over the top in terms of raw power. With a 100 Base Stat increase, Blaziken is now more powerful, not counting Life Orb recoil, and sits in an illustrious speed tier; base 100 and it gets to 150 after a protect. To make matters worse, Knock Off received a great buff this generation, allowing Blaziken to literally OVERCOME its previous checks and counters.

Let's take a look at the set:

Warrior (Blaziken-Mega) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

• Protect is mandatory. It allows, not only a free mega morph, but also gives quick speed buffs each turn, and can sometimes help you predict your opponent.
  • Flare Blitz is mandatory too. It's Blazikens most powerful and consistent attack, which can also be boosted by Sun (provided by my friend, Groudon).
  • Knock Off is sweet. It provides intense utility. Seriously, if you can predict with it and knock off a scarf, assault vest, or even leftovers, you've not only learned a ton about your opponents set, but also have provide team support in that you've made it easier for other Pokemon to get kills. Think about it: How much easier is it to kill Kyogre that's lost its Choice Scarf, or how much easier is it to kill a Chansey without Eviolite? The simple think about knock off is that it's reliable dark type stab, but the fact that it removes items is icing on a tactical cake.
  • Low Kick is the most recent addition. It's solid, reliable, STAB, which hits many things hard without ever needing to take recoil damage. It's nice for cleaning late game.
How to play the Warrior: Blaziken is really simple to use. Bring it in when you know you can safely mega evolve and just start wreaking havoc. A good example is switching into standard Will o Wisp, Giratina. Giratina will often be unable to do serious damage, and in exchange, you can use Knock Off to remove leftovers, or whatever pokemon switches in. With this team, after a Knock Off has been used, it's often a better idea to recall Mega Blaziken, and bring him out again when there is an opening, or late into the game.
What could be tweaked: Swords Dance is nice in terms of raw power, but Mega Blaziken is powerful enough that it doesn't need to get a +2 boost at the cost of coverage. Baton Pass is an outright cool idea. It works, but again, you sacrifice coverage.

Arceus-Fairy (Mage)

'I hate to break this to you, but as a rule, wizards are nasty people. They're powerful, capricious, ruthless, egotistical, used to getting their own way. That's being kind.” ― Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Mage (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

The glue, Fairyarceus is Fabulous in more ways then one. Dual Fairies may scream Steel Bait, but while Xerneas heals and attacks, Fairyceus walls and chips away. 252 HP lets it tank nearly any attack in the game, even some that are boosted to +4. 252 Speed and a Timid Nature lets it outrun nearly anything. 4 SpA + Plate + Judgement lets it have power. It seems as if this Pokemon is passive, but lets take a look a the moves:

• Recover: Mandatory. This is the most important move, because it lets Fairyceus wall and restore health. Don't be afraid to Stall with burn damage and wait for the opportunity to strike.
  • Judgement: Power. Plain and simple. This attack does a whopping amount of damage to any Pokemon without a resistance. There are many Dragons in Ubers, and many more that do not resist this attack.
  • Will o Wisp. Raw Utility. Burn as many things as you can. You're gonna like the passive damage buildup. I guarantee it ;)
  • Roar. More utility. In a time where bulky sweepers and substitutes are everywhere, the ability to give a middle finger to them after tanking a hit is amazing. Even a Geomancy Xerneas at +2 rarely OHKOs Fairyceus at full health. Trust me, Roar is cool right now. It even synergizes with Stealth Rock so well, that this mage can beat Ho-Oh if rocks are up.
How to play the Mage: Use him as the glue. If you see a Yveltal, switch. If you see a Darkrai and Darkai has put something to sleep, switch. If you see ANYTHING that is weak to Fairy or has a STAB that can be resisted or is immune, switch. The Mage is great for overall sheer utility, yet also power. Use him well and he will keep everyone else alive.

What could be tweaked: Arceus has no peer in terms of # of viable sets, so naturally Fairyceus has some other options. Defog is nice utility, but overkill. Toxic lets it stall better, but then you lose access to one o the above moves. Stone Edge murders Ho-Oh, Grass Knott gets a 2HKO on Kyogre and at least 75% on Groudon. Thunder Wave is meh.

Groudon (Tank)

"He may move slow
He can't jump high
But this Kong's
One HELL of a guy!
The DK Rap"

Tank (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Big, bulky, powerful. This is the Tank in a nutshell. With Max Speed and an either a Careful or Jolly Nature, there's barely anything that Groudon won't outspeed. Add in Pseudo Edgequake, Dragon STAB, and Stealth Rock and You've got a Pokemon that rips through teams It's mostly a wall breaker because it hits just so darn hard. Life Orb recoil is worth getting 2-1HKOs on nearly all of the metagame. Speed creep on this base 90 is really nice too. Drought provides bonus utility for Blaziken

• Earthquake. Mandatory main STAB option. Anything not immune will take lots of Damage.
  • Rock Slide. Mandatory for coverage. Murders Ho-Oh in one hit, and does sizable damage to anything without a Rock resistance.
  • Dragon Claw. Further Coverage really. Makes it easy to predict incoming Dragons like Giratina-O or Pokemon like Yveltal. Just use this attack when you are uncertain.
  • Stealth Rock. Love it or hate it, this move gives Groudon utility and lets it support a team. It lets the other Pokemon get KOs, particularly on Ho-Oh.
How to play the Tank: Deal...Damage. Just smartly switch him when you can in and let him go to town, often hitting about 60% on most enemies with Earthquake. Other moves are for coverage and late-game strategies.

What Can be Tweaked: There's really not that much. Groudon is a very versatile Pokemon, but you can't fit in moves like Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, or Rock Polish on this set. Just focus on doing damage really.

Genesect (Rogue)

"This man was a rogue, not because circumstances forced him to be a criminal but because he was born that way. He was probably conning his mother out of her milk the moment he could grin. He'd charm the clothes off a virgin in twenty minutes. And if the poor fool took him home, he'd drink her dad under the table, beguile her mother, charm her grandparents, and treat the girl to a night she'd never forget. In the morning, her dad would be sick with alcohol poisoning, the good silver would be missing together with the family car, and in a month, both the former virgin and her mother would be expecting.”

Ilona Andrews, Fate's Edge

Rogue (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

The sheer utility of having, what is perhaps the best U-Turning/ Choice Scarf Pokemon in then entire game is...amazing. With download, greatly balanced stats, and surprisingly good offensive typing, Genesect is meant to zip in and out of the battle, either
  • dealing heavy damage with U-turn and keeping momentum on your side,
  • or dealing extreme damage to a target with the other 3 moves. Genesect is literally the terminator of Pokemon if you play it well.
Genesect is literally that simple to use.

It's not all good though, Genesect loathes the Steel nerf, and it has made his defenses a lot more frail. He can't reliably switch into Darkrai now, and he can no longer absorb a random shadow ball, shadow sneak, or Ghost Judgement. Instead, in XY he has traded defense for offense, now being able to use his Steel STAB to smash Fairies, Ice Types, Rock Types, and clean late game. Looking at the base 99 speed, one may think "what...it's not even 100." Despite missing out on the base 100 speed tier, a Choice Scarf Genesect will outrun every single unboosted viable Pokemon in the Ubers metagame, with the sole exception of the increasingly rare Deoxys-S.

How to play the Rogue: An important distinction is to be made here: Genesect is frail as hell. It is not interested in tanking blows, nor is it interested in sweeping. It cleans, U-turns, and deals heavy damage to weakened Pokemon. Switching in will only work if you predict that your opponent will use a resisted hit. Bring Scarf Genesect in as much as possible though, because it's raw offensive prowess working in tandem with Downlowd, makes for a choice scarf Pokemon with no peer. Use it to KO or gain momentum-nothing more.

What could be tweaked: Honestly, not much. I've used Genesect for a while, and you can add a Fire move (Flamethower/Blaze Kick), priority (Extreme Speed-requires shiny genesect and hasty nature), or some other physical move. Shift Gear, Choice Band, and Choice Specs Genesect play differently.

Giratina-O (Necromancer)

“You told me it was a mistake to fight the scarred warriors. They were the survivors.”

Michael Scott, The Necromancer

Necromancer (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Will o Wisp
- Defog/Roar

Giratina-O is an underused Bulky Physical Attacker now. With Dragon Claw, an Adamant Nature, and Max HP/ Attack EVs, Giratina gets 2HKOs on almost every prominent threat. Offensive Kyogre, Palkia, Rayquaza, the list goes on. Meanwhile, on threats too bulky for 2HKOs, it can spread status and debilitate stallwarts. The secret to Giratina-O's success is his 150/100/100 bulk, a stat spread that allows him to live all but the most powerful attacks.

• Dragon Claw is powerful STAB. In an age when Physical Dragon moves are going out of favor, Giratina-O's raw power will fight on...and 2HKO things.
  • Shadow Sneak is another niche of Giratina-Os. Powerful physical Ghost priority. With the Steal nerf, and widespread Mewtwo usage, now is the time to abuse Ghost priority.
  • Will-O-Wisp is raw utility. Burn an LO Ekiller that hasn't set up, Burn a no Speed Lum Groudon and tank a hit, burn a Kangaskhan and shut it down. You name it, Giratina can burn it. Watch out for powerful potential Lum users, for they can set up and KO if the burn does not land.
  • More Raw Utility, Defog lets you control hazard distribution. Stealth Rock is something that should not be up on your side of the field. Giratina's bulk lets it switch in and Defog easily.
  • Roar can be used over Defog. You lose hazard control, but you can gain the ability to phase, something which is very valuable now.
How to play the Necromancer: Use him as a tank that can provide utility. While Groudon has more raw attack, Giratina-O will be able to use WoW and Defog to help your team. Giratina's insane Bulk lets it handily switch into Kyogre, Groudon, or other weaker Pokemon, then either learn their set (look at the damage % e.g. 45%+ = specs Kyogre for example) and then either weaken the opponent or use a utility move. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

What could be tweaked:
Dragon Tail is nice, acting as a phasing move and damage dealing, but it doesn't have the raw power for 2HKOs, and it makes giratina move last. Draco Meteor is decent, but it lacks the raw power without SpA EVs. Toxic is usable, but less useful. Thunder Wave is in the same boat as Toxic. Stone Edge seems cool, but with Dragon Claw, Giratina-O gets a clean 2HKO on no speed Ho-Oh after the switch.

Thanks for reading my Rate My Team. This is my best team, and while it has flaws, it is fun to play with and helped me get higher on the ladder than I ever have before. #9 made me pretty darn proud. Here is the importable text:

Paladin (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Close Combat
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide

Warrior (Blaziken-Mega) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Mage (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

Tank (Groudon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Rogue (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Necromancer (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Roar/Defog

Feel free to use the team whenever you want. All I ask is that you keep the nicknames :)

Last edited:
Jimmyftw God I hate Geoxern, imo it limits teambuilding but that's besides the point. I try to make it very difficult for Xerneas to set up. Each Pokemon will do a fair amount of damage to Xerneas, and will (hopefully) set the stage for Fairyceus to tank and phase. A +2 Moonblast doesn't tend to hill a full HP Fairyceus.

Ekiller + GeoXern + Dakrai + Ditto + DeoxysA + 6th attacker is GG. When too many hyper offensive threats like Ekiller and GeoXern are put together, this team gets hell. It's often impossible to win.

Also, ugh. Careful Groudon nets bulk, but Jolly nets speed. It's toss up to me. I can't decide what would work more.

Your rate is excellent in terms of quality!

orch Good catch. Because my team stuggles against Geo Xern after a set up, I switched to max attack, max HP Scizor to see if I could use Bullet Punch Priority.

It didn't work. Genesect is better than Scizor in a huge amount of areas. Fixed the importable :)

I'll address this when I craft my threalist, but Kyogre is almost a non issue. Either Giratina takes 45%+ from a Water Spout, which reveals specs, and I can nail it with Shadow Sneak to weaken Kyogre, or, it does around 30% and outspeeds my Dragon Claw revealing a scarf. Non Choice Kyogres are even easier to identify. Then I can take half of it's health with a Dragon Claw and revenge kill with Scarf Gene's U-Turn. Kyogre doesn't last long against my team due to how often I must match switches.

Genesect likes being able to use +1 SpA Boosts. Ice Beam is a natural fit to provide coverage.

As I said in the OP, Xerneas doesn't need any speed. It's speed tier is just that sweet. Xerneas will either outspeed uninvested Pokemon, deal terrific damage, or will tank a hit an do damage. Only the above threats in the OP avert this.

Last edited:
Hello Riley, nice team you have there, your RMT is really well made!

You team has a good combination of tanks, speedy attackers, and a mix of some surprise elements. The core of Groudon, Genesect, and Giratina-O provides great synergetic characteristics, especially in conjunction with your two Fairy types.

However, like most teams, improvements can be made, and I hope I can help you with this in my next few paragraphs.

Firstly, you lack a solid answer to Kyogre, both Spec and Scarf version gives this team a hard time. Your only switch in to a Water Sprout is Giratina-O and it cannot switch in on Spec Kyogre with full power Water Sprout. To remedy this, I recommend a Chansey instead of Xerneas. I know you said you wanted an offensive Cleric, but I believe an answer to Kyogre is one of the most important thing a team must have. Speaking of Xerneas brings me to my next point.

Offensive Xerneas with emphasis on Attack instead of Special Attack is not a hard hitter, especially since the metagame is shifting towards more bulky offense. However, it is nice at catching Ho-oh off guard and if you replace it you won't have this benefit. Hence, I suggest you move Stone Edge over to Giratina-O who hits just as hard physically. On Giratina-O you can combine Dragon Claw and Roar with Dragon Tail to make room for Stone Edge.

Another thing is that you lack a check to Xerneas. You rely on Xerneas to use Geomancy on the turn you use a phazing move, which is not always a foil-proof plan. You have no form of priority, so once Xerneas sets up a Geomancy, it can sweep your entire team. This is exacerbated by the increasing usage of Taunt which can shut down all your phazing attempts and let your opponent set up unhindered. Extreme Killer Arceus also becomes a problem through this technique.

Some other issues I see with the team is that you carry two Fairy types which can limit synergy quite a bit. You also use a Careful nature on offensive Groudon which is quite odd. Moreover, since you are using Protect on Mega-Blaziken, a Adamant nature is recommended due to Protect giving a guarantee Speed increase.

I hope my rate helps you, your RMT was an enjoyable read and gl;hf in you matches.

I also hope this rate sets an example of how to properly rate a team.

Hey I would Play Arceus Grass over Arceus Fairy because you are very weak to Kyogre. Especially the Choice specs version. If ur opponent is clever and gets a boost with Xerneas its most likely game over. For that reason I would rate you to play TW Lugia instead of Gira O and Grasseus with Defog than. All in all a solid Team.

Something dies every time Scarf Kyogre switches in and your only hope is revenge killing with Blaziken/Gene. This is a really big problem. Also, your team is vulnerable to Gengar+whatever, since it easily picks off your Arceus (Sludge wave does insane damage and you cant just roar and recover from that). Your xern set is not optimal at all- you want to have higher spa, since moonblast is your primary attacking move- just have enough attack evs to pick off whatever coverage you need. I don't think that 0 spe is a good idea, but whatever you prefer, just enjoy being smashed by about every mon in the tier with no real recovery.

ice beam on gene- what do you hope to hit with that? IMO, you should use flamethrower over ice beam in this meta, since ice beam has ass coverage and rayquazas are nowhere to be seen, and you have fairyceus for that anyways. At least with flamethrower, you can deal with bulky steels better.

WTF at 252 hp scarf gene in importable?? fix pls

nitpicks:
your gira-o have lower IVs- did you use fire hp gira-o?
put 4 evs toward something on gene

Rating for your team:
2/10 for stupid evs and movesets and huge crippling weakness to kyogre and gengar.

How to fix this team:
Replace fairyceus for waterceus. Make your xern faster so that it actually can do something. Then, your team is somewhat solid.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Loving the pictures..
Some sets I haven't seen much usage of before, and I quite like it. Not capable of a thorough rate atm, sure other people will rate better than me

Hi, I really like your team, and it looks really solid. I don't really have a recommendation for you, but I do have a tip for you when using this team. If you see yveltal on the opposing team, keep your arceus alive until that thing is gone, then do whatever with your arceus depending on the battle. Yveltal can really hurt the rest of your team if arceus is gone. But, other than that it is a nice team.
I hope this was a good first post :)

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
rileydelete said:
With Max Speed and an either a Careful or Jolly Nature, there's barely anything that Groudon won't outspeed.
Wut. At base 90, Groudon's far from fast.

Seriously though, what Orch said is pretty good. This team does have trouble with Kyogre to do that well, and Xerneas is still tough. Too tired to give a full rate but looks p solid to me. Well written too; that's a plus.

So, instead of only spotting weaknesses, may I suggest that putting Arceus-Ghost over Arceus-Fairy and Palkia over Giratina-O? Because I'm going to be honest, megagar traps both your fairies and that aint good. I mean, you can revenge it/wall with gir-o but it can just switch out and be a massive problem.

I really like gir-o on your team though, being a great stop to blaze and a good phazer and such. The same with fairyceus (btw if you decide to not do this, you should defog over roar, you can burn ekiller (lum is usually jolly, and doesnt 2hko at +2 smh) anyways, and you have gir-o for blaze. Also you need to only run 136 timid, it outspeeds adamant arc, and you dont need to outspeed jolly bc it doesnt matter if it sd's first, you can burn it after so it doesnt matter and it will only be attacking with espeed), but they replacing them is prolly for the better.

Arceus-Ghost should run (there may well be a better set) either max speed+ max hp, but like I said I think 136+, max hp rest in def/spdef is much better and the standard moves judgement/willowisp/calm mind/recover and then for palk, lustrous is great (with hydro/spacial rend/fire blast/twave), but resttalk could also be cool if you want to bully stall teams, but I like lustrous more. I also think twave is really gud, but I guess you kinda need thunder for ogre, so you could run that over twave too.

I have tested this, and while I'm sure that it also works very good like it is currently (#9, damn!), I think this does improve it. I also changed xern to standard resttalk, groudon to lum and knock off to sd but that's just me you dont have to do that oc.

Be sure to test these, and I hope I helped!

Hey there! This is easily one of the best written RMTs I've seen in a while. Correction, it's the best one I've seen yet... But is it the best team? Reading the rest of the thread, there really isn't much that hasn't been said yet, especially that your team dies hard to scarfkyo, so besides that, mm, where do I begin? This is long, prepare yourself...

With Mega blaziken's moveset I have one small correction. Low kick is situational at best. I realise there are a lot of heavy mons that wall Blaziken, namely groudon, but...

252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 144-169 (35.6 - 41.8%) -- 84.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Which is decent, yeah, but why not use high jump kick, which doesn't require the weight gimmick, and does slightly more and is guaranteed 3HKO? Sure, HJK is outplayed by literally every ghost type and protect user ever, but those can be mostly outplayed. It's not stupid, but i'm just throwing it out as an option. Knock off goes great either way.
Also, adamant>any other nature on blaze. More speed is nice, but for a mon whose speed keeps increasing every turn, and a base 100 off the bat post-mega evo, why not just invest extra in attack?

Next, Groudon. Dragon claw for coverage... really? Gotta get that giratina, sure, but I'm pretty sure there are better things to do than that. I recommend a more defense oriented spread for groudon, so this is what I feel can help.

Hanuman (Groudon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake/Stone edge/Lava plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Dragon tail for phasing (Hits Giratina for SE too!), SR for, you know, SR, thunder wave to cripple, and an offensive filler. I don't think I need to explain Edge/quake, but Lava plume can get you the occasional burn while being decently powered in the sun. It's niche, but still and option.

Moving on...

As someone has mentioned before, Ice beam? Lol, what? You must really hate giratina, no? It's a shame that...

4 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 98-116 (19.4 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 4 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 74-88 (17.7 - 21.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah. There are plenty of better things you can run. For starters, I feel special genesect as a whole is better than mixed but ehh, that depends too. Also, Blaze kick prevents you from being completely walled by most steel types and hits the odd ferrothorn/scizor/other genesect hard, so that goes too. I'd also probably recommend you scrap the scarf for a band and slap on extremespeed to get a pseudo-extremekiller that isn't arceus and can retain momentum while possibly being able to pull an Osama. However, this limits coverage a lot and base 99 is just not a good enough speed tier for a non-bulky sweeper in ubers...

Which brings me to this.

rileydelete said:
As I said in the OP, Xerneas doesn't need any speed. It's speed tier is just that sweet. Xerneas will either outspeed uninvested Pokemon, deal terrific damage, or will tank a hit an do damage. Only the above threats in the OP avert this.
Woah, woah, woah. 99 is an awesome speed tier... if you're an OU mon. Or a UU mon for that matter (Pretty sure Hydreigon's awkward 99 speed tier is the primary reason why it's now UU). I must say, however, that I'm extremely happy you don't run GeoXern, that's stupid and easyAF to predict. I recommend a Lonely nature, you don't need to outspeed much.

Next, Arceus's Roar. Phazing is great, especially one that can go through subs, but tfw no defog support... wait. Arceus learns Defog. Slap it on that thing ASAP.

Lastly, the natures... wierd. Timid defensive arceus? What are you trying to outspeed, Garchomp? Kangaskhan? Understandable, I guess, but I'd prefer a defense-oriented nature instead. Possibly Bold.
Giratina's IVs? Why not 31 in everything?

And That's all I got to say. Pretty sure there's a couple of stuff wrong in my rate, but hey, I tried.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)