XY UU Medieval Stall Breakers

So I was trying to create a team that breaks stall in UU and this is the result. I got to the 1400s on the ladder but I think with a better player behind it this team could do really well. If you have any suggestions for this team feel free to mention them.

The team

Kingdumb (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 204 Atk / 176 SpA / 128 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Nidoking is one of the best stall brekers in UU at the moment. Not many people expect it to be mixed which can lead many mind games. It has enough attack ivs to OHKO Florges with poison jab, OHKO Mega Aggron and outspeeds uninvested base 100s. Poison jab also OHKOs spdef Blissey and Superpower does a lot of damage to defensive

Bandit (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower/Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Scarfed Krookodile is very good for revenge killing and also has potential to sweep late game. Superpower can hit hydreigon but you could run aqua tail for Areodactl. EdgeQuake cover each others resists very well and knock off because knock off. It gets outsped by other scafers such as darm and hydreigon so be wary.

Knight (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Superpower

I realised at this point I had nothing to counter sableye and mega absol is the obvious solution. Protect is there to get the speed boost turn 1 of megaing, scouting and maybe predicting meinshoa high jump kicks. Superpower hits umbreon, P2 and blissey and the other two are self explanatory.

Princess (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot

I needed something to counter bulky water types and I played around with a few things. I tried Toxicroak and Rosarade but neither had the same bulk/set up that Celebi offers. Earth power is great coverage and 0 attack Ivs to minimize confuse and foul play damage.

Castle (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Psychic]/Toxic

I needed a bulky water type with hazard removal. Like Celebi I tried alternatives like Starmie and Empoleon but Starmie wasn't bulky enough and empoleon couldn't take flare blitzes and fighting moves as well as I would like. Hidden power psychic counters toxicroak which likes to switch in and set up but you could run toxic if you want.

Eelqueen (Eelektross) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Defensive eeletross is really fun to use. Slow volt switches can give you initiative, dragon tail to throw the opponent's team about and rest talk for recovery. Eelektross has no weaknesses (except mold breaker earthquake) making it very good defensibly and not many people expect it to be defensive so people go for a special move on it only to be smacked with dragon tail/volt switch... unless it misses.

Threats
Darmanitan/Haxorus - Scarfed Darm/Hax is difficult to deal with if Blastiose is down because Krook cannot outspeed and the only real option is sucker punch with Absol/Nidoking which doesn't OHKO.

Crobat - Without Krookodile to stone edge it this thing outspeed my entire team and it is hard to use sucker punch because you need to predict them to roost or not to roost.

Hydriegon - I don't really have an answer to this. Eelktross gets two hit KOed by dark pulse and if it is scarfed Krook cannot outspeed.

Last edited:
For importing into showdown.

Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Bandit (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Knight (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Superpower

Princess (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot

Castle (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

Eelqueen (Eelektross) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

You can try Defensive Diance in place of mega absol with 252 hp and 252 def with the last 4 in either atk or sp atk and modest/quiet nature. With Diamond Storm, moonblast, toxic and stealth rocks it can ohko haxorus, ty to the modest or quiet nature, ohkos hydregon and can ohko darmanitan after stealth rock damage.

So I was trying to create a team that breaks stall in UU and this is the result. I got to the 1400s on the ladder but I think with a better player behind it this team could do really well. If you have any suggestions for this team feel free to mention them.

The team

Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Nidoking is one of the best stall brekers in UU at the moment. Not many people expect it to be mixed which can lead many mind games. It has enough attack ivs to OHKO Florges with poison jab, OHKO Mega Aggron and outspeeds uninvested base 100s. Poison jab also OHKOs spdef Blissey and Superpower does a lot of damage to defensive

Almost all Blissey carry 252 EVs in physical defense so they do not die to every physical attack, and after investing in physical defense:

204 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 325-383 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Each RMT also needs at least three lines of description for each, just to let you know. You should also go further in-depth on how well they work on your team, you went a little bit into your team's weaknesses, but you really need to elaborate more on the ins and outs of your team.

Back