XY OU Mega Absol Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Hello all team raters and people just here to get some ideas. I have used this team before i decided to get it rated. I am currently 15-2 with this team. Both losses are to Lando-i. If you could point some threats that would be great!.

StarFire (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EV: 4HP | 252Spe | 252SpA
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Draco Meteor
-HP Fire
-Thunderbolt
-Psyshock

I started with Latios because Latios is one of the strongest special attackers in OU. Specs Draco set can OHKO Rotoms and also Sableyes. HP Fire is for the Ferros and forretress etc. I have Psyshock instead of Psyhic for those pink blobs that i have started seeing everywhere. All in All Latios has a great move set and a good SpA stat to abuse it.

Scizzors (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability:Technican
EV: 252HP | 252Atk | 4Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk , -SpA)
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
-Knock Off

Scizior is Also a STRONG hitter. With its priority Choice Banded Bullet Punch i have seen it work wonders. i run Aerial for those Keldeos that you see out there. I know you guys are thinking that is silly but it has came in handy alot. Knock off is for those incoming gliscors. U-turn is just do get that stab move in there to take out those Latios

Miami (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EV: 252HP | 252SpD | 4SpA
Nature: Calm (+SpD , -Atk)
-Toxic
-Stealth Rocks
-Earth Power
-Lava Plume

Heatran is a very generic SpD wall. You guys have seen this set and this mon used so there isnt much to be said.

How Slow? (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EV: 252HP | 252Def | 4SpA
Nature: Bold (+Def , -Atk)
-Toxic
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Slack off
Another Slandered set not much to say besides i have slack off and regenerator for those pp stall Chanseys.

Holes (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV: 252Atk | 252Spe | 4HP
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide

Excadrill has been used greatly now that it is allowed in OU. Mold breaker is great it gets gengar and Rotom-W the hell out of there. Shadow Claw is for those silly Psychic types. I dont know if there is something to replace Shadow Claw. X-scissor is good but Shawdow Claw can hit alot more. If you guys have a suggestion that would be greatly appreciated.

Horny (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified -> Magic Bounce
EV: 252Atk | 252Spe | 4HP
Nature: Adamant (+Atk , -SpA)
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash
-Play Rough

MEGA ABSOL is the best mega in my opinion. With its STAB Priority Sucker Punch its the best priority in the game. Most people forget it has magic bounce when it megas so usually i get free hazards and one swords dance. Play Rough is the only move im not to sure about. is there a better move i could replace i with?

THIS IS MY TEAM NOW LOVE IT

Last edited:
THis team could use some work, so ill get right to it. FIrst off, Latios should be Life Orb. It OHKOs Sableye and 2HKOs Spdef Rotoms. It allows Latios to have more freedom eith it's moves. Get rid of Thunderbolt for Defog, as with Latios decent speed, it can be a great backup hazard removal mon. Definitely get rid of Aerial Ace. It OHKOs Keldeo, but Keldeo outspeeds and has a 56.3% chance of OHKOing with Hydro Pump. Instead, put in Superpower to predict Magnezones or Heatrans and just get decent damage on stuff like Manectric switchins. Try Protect with Heatran to scout if the opposing Heatran has Earth Power. Get rid of Toxic on Slowbro and put Calm Mind on it. It'll buff Slowbro's shit Spdef stat and make Scald and Psyshock a force to be reckoned with, even at just +3. Change Shadow Claw to Rapid Spin, so Excadrill can be a hazard removal mon. It reaches 302 speed if run Jolly, and with a Scarf, is able to get off a spin most the time. Run Superpower and Knock Off instead of Night Slash and Play Rough. Run Jolly as well, as max speed absol is improtant. Knock Off is better than Night Slash bc of it's item removal effect. SuperPower hits Ferrothorns hard eithout an SD boost.

Ik you wanna be unique, but all this is coming from someone experienced in the competetive world, so I'd suggest you to make the changes. Good luck!

PS Lando-I is Uber now so no worries

hey man. Nice to see someone use mega absol. I do see some changes that can be made. For example u can run trick over thunderbolt on latios. This will allow you to do better against stall. for example you can bait in a chansey and click trick which just cripples it. thunderbolt dosent really give you more coverage. Draco metor + psyshock should be enuf coverage espeically when u have hp fire. Now on scizor you should replace aerial ace with superpower. Aeril ace dosent give you more coverage then superpower as this allows u too hit steal types. besides u have u-turn and bullet punch which hits wat aerial ace hits. I feel like heatran shouldnt have that much spd since you dont really need all that spd. You should run some in speed so u can speed creep things like bisharp,ttar,breloom etc. You should also run stone edge on it cause ur team has trouble vs spd talonflame and charizard y.

I just notice that u dont have 3 lines in ur rmt. you should read the rmts rules and put more description in ur rmt so u dont get this locked. ill finish the rating after u get that done.

Here's my suggestions for changes...
-Latios can use Life orb for good power, but try Surf on him for STAB coverage.
-Try Superpower or Brick Break on Scizor for coverage against physical walls like Ferrothorn or Chansey, or other fighters.
-Roar Heatran can cripple enemy birds through Stealth Rocks, particularly Talonflame or Charizard. Consider adding over Earth Power. Also, Air Balloon over Leftovers protects against 4x Ground weaknesses, so long as there's no damage.
-Calm Mind/Thunder Wave on Slowbro can give him strong sweeping potential and defense while recovering.
-Excadrill isn't terribly fast and has poor defense, and is blasted by priority moves from water Pokemon. I've used Focus Sash to survive and get off Rapid spin in the event that a hazard threatens a switch.
-Knock off on Absol has higher power and reliability. Use over Night Slash. Also consider a fighting move to counter Steel threats.
Good team, hope this helps!
JVaria

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Skalaylee !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)