ORAS UU Mega Aggron team

Do it or don't do it.

• Do it because he believed in you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I want peoples opinions on my team I am in no way a great team maker so any and all advice is appreciated.

First off mega aggron

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Yeah I wanted to use mega aggron because of how good a tank it is. So I decided to go with a curse rest talk set at first but changed it to better suit my team. I needed a stealth rocker and aggron was perfect for that. Thunder wave I chose just because it helped cripple some offensive mons on switch-ins. Iron head for STAB and earthquake for coverage. The ev's are pretty basic a specially defensive mon to take hits from both special and physical attacks. Because putting it all in physical defense seems to be a bit overkill.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Next is vaporeon, I wanted a pokemon that could take on fire types and keep aggron alive. That is were vaporeon comes in, I decided for a physically defensive one to deal with things like entei and darm. It also helps with salamance. Speaking of which ice beam is for coverage with scald and ice beam is to catch grass types on switch-ins and kill dragons. Scald is very self explanatory. Protect is to work in conjunction with wish. And wish is to keep itself and other members of the team alive. Like aggron and goodra.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

To be honest I really wanted to use a goodra. Goodra works with aggron as to soak up fire type attackes and deal with the electric weakness that vaporeon has. Also with it being immune to grass with sap sipper it helps out vaporeon. Dragon tail is just to mix up the team and to make use of the boost I get with sap sipper. Draco is my main STAB I also tried dragon pulse but was more comfortable with draco. Fire blast to wrek grass types and ice types on switches. Ice beam is just to deal with other dragon types with out need to take the drop to special attack. Assualt vest because special attacker are a bother.

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Yeah I needed a defogger. The ev's allow me to out speed plus one gator and other speedy things. Acrobatics because I don't like the recoil I get from brave bird. Defog because I needed a defogger. Taunt to stop pokemon from setting up in my face. Roost is a staple for any crobat set. The ability is so that way I can pass through subs and hit them were it hurts. Most likely in the face. Or the groin.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire

Ice weaknesses and priority FTW. But seriously I wanted a pokemon to hit hard, have priority and deal with ice types so vaporeon doesn't have as much to deal with. Flare blitz is to hit walls very hard and two hit KO things that sacred fire couldn't Sacred fire is the main move of choice with the 50% chance to burn mons it is very strong. Extreme speed because I want to be faster than sonic. And stone edge because coverage. Choice band be I am generic.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Yay killing things. I wanted a fast revenge killer. So this is where this thing does the thing to the thing and wins me the thing. Adaptability just destorys with tri attack the only move really worth using. On to the moves tri attack because it is the only thing worth using. Dark pulse because ghost types are a thing. Ice beam because I needed a third move and this seemed pretty. Trick just to screw over blissy and umbreon. Choice scarf and specs both work but I just like to outspeed things and kill them.

Yeah Final notes about the team is that special dragons can screw this team over if they are carrying fire blast which they almost always do so something to keep in mind. No way to heal status. Vaporeon is important to keep alive because it passes wishes and keeps aggron and goodra alive. Yeah that is about it.

Attachments

Here is a list for you to copy and paste if you want.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Crobat
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Trick

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man, sweet looking team, I'd like to recommend a couple of things to help it out.

So first off, I would like to play around with the Vaporeon moveset. You have 2 Pokemon on your team that would greatly appreciate healing, but they don't have the right movepool. That's why I would like to recommend Baton Pass>Ice Beam on Vaporeon. Aggron and Goodra EXTREMELY appreciate Fat wishes being passed to them. I would also like to recommend changing the spread to 200 HP / 252+ Def / 56 SpDef if youre going for a more defensive spread. This is the spread/nature I toyed around with now for awhile. It was at first Calm but when Mamoswine dropped I changed it to Bold to avoid being 2HKO'd by EQ. The 56 SpDef also helps maintain any special bulk Vaporeon has.

Vaporeon set with changes:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk, 28 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Baton Pass

The 28 IV speed allows it to outslow other Vaporeons/Umbreons on the pass.

But anyway, other than those changes, I think its still a pretty solid team, its always cool to see Goodra being used, its pretty rare nowadays with Hydreigon, Salamence, etc. But hope you consider my Vaporeon changes and good luck with your team!

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Sableyite, cool team! Porygon-Z is a cool mon that is rather underrated in my opinion. However, I see a rather glaring weakness your team has, so I'd like to make a few suggestions to help improve the effectiveness of it overall:
  • Life Orb Hydreigon is extremely hard for you to switch in on with your team's current layout. LO Nidoqueen also seems like a huge threat, as it can power through most of your walls with relative ease. In order to fix this, I would recommend changing your Vaporeon spread to 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD with a Calm Nature. Adding some SpD EV's to Vaporeon allows it to check LO Hydreigon and Nidoqueen and beat them 1v1, which I feel would be extremely helpful for your team. I second Shiba's recommendation to change Ice Beam -> Baton Pass as well, as being able to get off slow wish passes is extremely helpful, especially on Balance teams such as this.
  • Your team seems quite weak to fighting types, with Banded Heracross and Scarf Mienshao posing the biggest threats to your team. To help manage this fighting weakness, I suggest changing Goodra -> Salamence. Salamence hits harder, resists fighting, and has a nifty ability in Intimidate that allows it to check fighting spam rather well. I would recommend a spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive Nature with a moveset of Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Iron Tail / Roost and a Life Orb. Mixed LO Salamence is a huge threat that can blow past things that often switch into it, including Doublade, Forretress, and Florges. While you lose out on a special tank in Goodra, you gain an offensive powerhouse and a reliable check to big threats to your team. Vaporeon was also given a more SpD-heavy spread, so I feel like you are still in good shape if you remove Goodra.
  • I would change Porygon-Z's nature from Modest to Timid. While Modest hits a bit harder, Timid allows you to outspeed things including Scarf Heracross, +1 Feraligatr, and Jolly Mega Beedrill.
Other than that, I feel like you have a solid team. With the fighting and Hydreigon weaknesses patched up, I feel like you have a squad that can effectively take on the tier. I hope you try out my suggestions! Good luck :]
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Crobat
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail
- Roost

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Baton Pass

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Trick

ok hopefully i can get here before the uu room vultures beat me lol as soon as i type this shiba posts nice nice

you should definitely be using heavy slam over iron head on mega aggron, even though iron head might be somewhat more "consistent", heavy slam is needed (e.g. iron head has only an 18% chance to ohko mega bee while heavy slam is guaranteed) to deal with some of the threats m-aggron is needed to check. running a spread of 252 hp / 16 def / 240 spd with impish nature lets you hit a jump point + lets you live 2 eqs from cb krook. i'd also replace thunder wave with roar due to the fact that you're better off phazing and racking up sr damage (as well as stopping set up opportunities) than having para which isn't benefiting your team a whole lot.

there are a lot of weaknesses to your team, so im jus gonna try and fix the most glaring ones. i think pz is a really cool mon, but it really shouldn't be used as a scarfer, especially on a team archetype like yours. it's kind of weak without specs or boosting moves / items and its speed isnt as good as other scarfers as well, and worst of all, it adds nothing defensively to your team since it has mediocre bulk and no good resistances. i think you should probably get rid of it for scarf hydreigon, since this gives you a more reliable revenge killer that is generally better vs offensive teams, and also gives you a nice switch in to chandy, who kinda pops your team.

special dragons as you mentioned are a pain, because your only dragon switch in gets worn down p easily and hydrei / mence all have ways to deal with it. honestly i feel like you should probably get rid of goodra, it can tank special attackers and it has ok coverage but it gets worn down by hazards pretty fast and is just weak overall. i also kinda noticed a glaring weakness to things like cune, cause if it sets up you kinda just lose unless you play well with tauntbat and such. id get rid of it for whimsicott, as this gives you a nice catch-all of sorts for dragons / waters - obviously whimsi doesnt like a fire blast / flash cannon to the face but if you play well you can generally avoid that. this does make your team weaker to fire-types, but vape and hydrei should give you enough leverage.

nice team man, hope i helped.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast / Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn / Leech Seed

Hello interesting team. The others raters gave some suggestion I would agree with. Those being Heavy Slam > Iron Head on Agrron, Baton Pass > Ice Beam on Vaporeon, and Salamence > Goodra. I would run this set on Salamence over Goodra
Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost
You have literally 0 reason to run Iron Tail for Florges as you have 2 great counters in Aggron and Entei.
I gave you a defoger that can check fire and fighting types. so i would go Whimsicott > Crobat with this spread:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Leech Seed (Will help with Bulky Water types like Suicune)

My last suggestion would be to go Scarf Mienshao > Scarf PZ. I gave you 2 special attackers and scarf Pz is quite underwhelming. You lack a fighting type and Mienshao is a great Scarf user and Revenge killer. I hope these changes help, I think the team would look a lot better with them! Nice team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)