ORAS OU Mega Alakazam is bae

Hey guys...I've decided to make a team with mega alakazam. It's pure sweeping potential is amazing and can threaten any team it goes up against. I have tested this team thoughroughly on showdown and the only threats I have identified are choice scarf excadrill, pursuit trappers and faster ghost Pokemon. I have a number of replays also which I will put at the end. Anywho, here's the team:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Mega Alakazam makes for a glorious sweeper once all of his checks have been eliminated. Dazzling gleam means that mega Alakazam can stay in against most dark mons and hit threatening dragons also. Psychic is its most powerful stab move which hits everything that doesn't resist it hard. Shadow ball can take care of ghost types however I'll need to work around shadow sneak users. I have chosen hidden power fire over focus blast as it allows me to hit ferrothorn and skarmory more effectively and OHKO scizor. Magic guard is its ability prior to mega evolving so it doesn't have to worry about switching in on hazards.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
Siczor acts as a reliable physical tank and Defog user to get rid of hazards. Roost gives it much more longetivity keeping it healthy throughout the match. Bullet punch is a good priority move boosted by technician and u-turn helps me get in slow switch ins and gaining small advantages. Scizor is a good switch in to any potential bug type moves that threaten Alakazam.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Terrakion is so underrated. Combined with the choice band its attack is boosted to insane levels. It's good speed tier allows it to outspeed most unboosted Pokemon. Close combat and stone edge are terrakions main stab moves hitting incredibly hard. Rock slide is also used as a more accurate move which targets weaker Pokemon. Earthquake is a good move for coverage allowing it to hit electric, fire, rock and steel types. Terrakion is also a good switch in for incoming dark moves, resisting and getting a justified boost.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
Clefable is my hazard setter. Most clefables don't tend to run stealth rock so it may catch most people off guard. Thunder wave gives my team some speed control crippling threats like talonflame, weavile and multiple dragon dancers. Moonblast stops clefables from being complete taunt bait and hits decently hard against anything which doesn't resist. Soft-boiled gives clefables reliable recovery which any wall needs.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
Rotom is a wonderful tank. Taking multiple hits and crippling physical attacekrs with a will-o-wisp. Pain split gives Rotom recovery while simultaneously dealing damage. Hydro pump and volt switch are Rotoms main stab moves while still maintaining momentum. Having a Pokemon with a ground immunity is handy especially with Pokemon who not resist it very effectively.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
Base 170 attack with a choice scarf...this beast breaks through anything. With a good prediction I can ice beam a landorus attempting to switch in which will always OHKO. Outrage is the most powerful physical dragon move in the game and when used by one of the most powerful attackers in the game it can break through anything which doesn't resist. Iron head takes out fairy Pokemon who think they can switch in on him. Fusion bolt helps with azumarill and volcanion and other bulky waters which this team potentially struggles against.

Importable:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427401024
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427406836
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427592985
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427598886
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427607329

Thanks for reading this far and I look forward to hearing all you suggestions :) I hope you also have fun trying the team out.

Hey man! Cool mega zam set, I really like it. Zammer is usually pretty predictable so it's cool you've been able to catch some people by surprise, especially running HP fire to lure scizor, considering a lot of the rest of your team really doesn't like dealing with it.

One thing I have for you that you may want to add is replacing Tank Scizor with Skarmory. I think this helps for a number of reasons:

-Skarmory and defensive scizor provide checks to similar things, but skarm usually does it better
-There's a few things that skarmory checks a lot better than scizor does (Landorus, Mega pinsir, Mega lopunny, Tornadus (Obviously heat wave variants beat them both), Excadrill, Band t-tar, Diggersby, Azumarill, Bisharp, opposing scizors and mega scizors, and a few other things) While still being able to do the jobs that you wanted scizor for (Defogging and checking steels)
-Skarm comes with some nice phazing in whirlwind
-Skarmory provides another ground immunity, and finds a way to handle scarf mold breaker excadrill who kinda tore your team apart

Here's the set I recommend (It's just the standard defog set)

Skarmory @ Leftovers (Rocky helmet is also an option)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Sorry but that's all I got for now, team looks pretty nice though man I like it a lot.

Hey man! Cool mega zam set, I really like it. Zammer is usually pretty predictable so it's cool you've been able to catch some people by surprise, especially running HP fire to lure scizor, considering a lot of the rest of your team really doesn't like dealing with it.

One thing I have for you that you may want to add is replacing Tank Scizor with Skarmory. I think this helps for a number of reasons:

-Skarmory and defensive scizor provide checks to similar things, but skarm usually does it better
-There's a few things that skarmory checks a lot better than scizor does (Landorus, Mega pinsir, Mega lopunny, Tornadus (Obviously heat wave variants beat them both), Excadrill, Band t-tar, Diggersby, Azumarill, Bisharp, opposing scizors and mega scizors, and a few other things) While still being able to do the jobs that you wanted scizor for (Defogging and checking steels)
-Skarm comes with some nice phazing in whirlwind
-Skarmory provides another ground immunity, and finds a way to handle scarf mold breaker excadrill who kinda tore your team apart

Here's the set I recommend (It's just the standard defog set)

Skarmory @ Leftovers (Rocky helmet is also an option)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Sorry but that's all I got for now, team looks pretty nice though man I like it a lot.
Thanks man...skarm makes a lot more sense than scizor so ill give it a shot...and thanks for rating :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)