ORAS OU Mega Altaria Balanced Team

Well, this is my first rmt. I have created a plethora of teams, but I want to make this one the main one for OU. I want to ladder up in OU (since I'm tired of laddering up in randbats). Anyway, change any pokemon you want if necessary (except for obviously Mega Altaria), and please no talonflame suggestions either lmao.

AJ (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Jolly
EVs:
-Dragon Dance
-Frustration
-Earthquake
-Roost
I decided to use mega Altaria because it is the definition of a great bulky offensive mon. Fairy/Dragon is already an amazing typing with great resistances. Dragon Dance is for raising AJ's attack and speed. Frustration is an extra precautionary measure for the extremely rare ditto. Earthquake provides AJ with nearly un-resisted coverage, able to hit Heatran and other steel type pokemon which would otherwise wall the hell out of AJ. Roost is a nice way to get AJ recovered and ready to strike again. Altarianite is the obligatory item for AJ, as it can't mega evolve without it (which would suck since Altaria's regular form isn't that good :p)

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 Def/252 speed/252 SPAtk
-Stealth rock
-Fire Blast
-Flash cannon
-Earth Power
The thing I like about Heatran is that it can be used in a variety of different ways. In this case, it's my offensive stealth rocker. Stealth rock is there to cripple mons on switch in (and destroys the bird, which is always nice). Fire Blast and Flash cannon are both for STAB, and Flash cannon is especially nice for hitting fairy types. Earth Power is a good way for Heatran to hit opposing Heatran and provides great coverage alongside fire/steel. Air Balloon is a great item on heatran as it helps mitigate its 4x weakness to ground type moves, but only for a short period of time until it gets hit by an attack.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Speed/252 SPatk/4 atk
-Knock Off
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast

Landorus is arguably the best pokemon in OU, and I really love nuking people with Earth Power lmao. Anyway, Knock Off is a great utility move, knocking off opposing pokemon's items and is Landorus's only chance against Gengar. Earth Power is Landorus's nuke, which is able to OHKO and 2HKO the majority of the OU metagame. Sludge Wave is a great coverage move which hits fairy and grass types, the latter of which would otherwise wall Landorus. Lastly, Focus Blast is for having a chance to hit skarmory, which would otherwise wall the hell out of this set.

Celebae (Celebi) Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/108 Speed/144 Def
-Recover
-Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Earth Power
Celebi is on my team as a nice pivot with baton pass. It's also a great check to the omnipresent keldeo. Recover is a nice way to keep Celebi throughout the match. Nasty Plot is a great setup move, and once it baton passes into my Landorus or Heatran, they can clean up late game. I am running earth power instead of Giga Drain so that I actually have somewhat of a chance against fire types, especially Heatran; it's also great luring it in.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 atk/8 SpDef
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Knock Off
Scizor is the revenge killer of my team, able to pick off weakened foes with bullet punch. Bullet Punch is a great STAB priority move, able to pick off weakened foes as mentioned earlier and it destroys fairies, almost all of which are specially defensive. U-turn is another excellent STAB move on Scizor, which is nice to keep momentum on your side and great for when the opponent switches out before you attack. Superpower is a nice coverage move, able to hit steel types that would otherwise wall scizor. Knock Off is a great utility move which knocks off opposing pokemon's items.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog
Lastly I have mandibuzz. Mandibuzz is here primarily to check Aegislash and Mega Metagross. Foul Play hits aforementioned threats, and also cripples swords dance setup sweepers. Roost is an excellent way to keep mandibuzz healthy. Toxic is a way to help mandibuzz stall out other walls. Defog is nice to keep away stealth rock and other entry hazards.

Thanks for reading the whole thing, I appreciate it. Make changes when necessary, and no talonflame lmao.

Hey! Nice team mate, I like it. I would suggest adding an importable so people can use/test it easier.

Anyways, I'm going to point out threats that are problems for your team and then attempt to remedy them. I think this is a pretty solid team though; there aren't that many blaring weaknesses and you definitely built it well.

Mixed Thundurus:: This is perhaps the single biggest threat I see that tears your team apart ~ but it tears most teams apart so no worries. Your entire team is either OHKOd or 2HKOd by it. To answer Thund I would suggest swiching Celebi out for something else. I can't imagine nasty-passing would happen very often against a competent opponent, and neither Landorus nor Heatran have the sort of speed that can utilize npassing to its fullest.

So basically; you need something that can check both Thundy and Keldeo reliably because switching Altaria into Keldeo's scald is a terrible idea. Mega Venu can obviously do this but you don't want to be replacing your mega. So there are three sets that come to mind. AV Conkeldurr, Amoonguss, or my personal favorite SpDef Chesnaught.
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
The EVs allow Chesnaught to almost always live two HP Ice from mixed Thund after Stealth rock while still granting sizeable physical bulk. Spiky Shield can be used over Synthesis.

Stallbreaker Talonflame:: This thing absolutely has it's way with your team; and can burn or taunt everything on your team. I would change Flash cannon to Ancient power. You have Scizor as a steel powerhouse and Heatran stops fairies with or without Flash Cannon.

Azumarill:: Nothing wants to switch in to this beast and BellyJet just has it's way with you team if there's Stealth rock and/or some chip damage. I would recommend running 48 Spe on Scizor So that it outspeeds standard Belly Drum Azu and can revenge with Bullet Punch. The other change I would make depends on your Celebi Slot. Giga drain > Earth Power if Celebi; Spiky Shield > Synthesis if Chesnaught; and Amoonguss deals with it fairly exceptionally.

I'm going to leave the Chesnaught set there because I like it but I honestly think Amoonguss is a better fit for your team as it laughs in the face of boosts and reliably switches in to your weaknesses.
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play/HP Fire
- Clear Smog/Sludge Bomb
This is the standard Smogon Set. It's good.

Best of luck to you mate, hope I helped!

~Scr3d
p.s. Please compliment me on my use of the <hide> tags. It took a ridiculous amount of digging to find how to do them

Way to find the hide tags lmao. Anyway, thanks for the tips. I'll change my team accordingly and try out amoonguss instead of celebi.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
To do Hide tags do [hide then do = with your title "team" and end with ]. Then under it right what you want. the end with [/hide] It should look like this:

It should look like this.

Hey nizzyd18 and congrats on your first RMT! It's a nice one, but I see a few things that could slightly improve it:

Change Knock off for Pursuit on Scizor. It'll help dealing with Latis. Thundurus has the potential to do a lot to your team, I suggest dropping Celebi for something like Amoonguss. It can switch in and take any hit Thundurus wants to dish out and either put something to sleep or Poison something while still be able to check keldeo. That's all I have for you, other than the things I've suggested it's a pretty solid team.

Hey nizzyd18 and congrats on your first RMT! It's a nice one, but I see a few things that could slightly improve it:

Change Knock off for Pursuit on Scizor. It'll help dealing with Latis. Thundurus has the potential to do a lot to your team, I suggest dropping Celebi for something like Amoonguss. It can switch in and take any hit Thundurus wants to dish out and either put something to sleep or Poison something while still be able to check keldeo. That's all I have for you, other than the things I've suggested it's a pretty solid team.
Sorry about the delay, but yeah thanks. Amoonguss is great with my team, and I still have yet to try out pursuit on scizor. I'll try it once I get time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)