Mega Charizard Y team if someone could rate that'd be great =)

Hey there!

I recently created this team on showdown and i would really like some opinions as to how i could improve my team and or play style :)

Wins:
(I'll add in some later)
Losses:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-123126906

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Solar Power (Pre-Mega)
Timid Nature 4HP/252 Spa/252 Spe
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Solar Beam
Hidden Power Ice Replaced by Dragon Pulse

Charizard is the main member of my team obviously however that doesn't mean he NEEDS to be on this team , with that i mean if you have a better suggestion it would be more than awesome. Now for his role obviously sweeping and being as destructive as possible. I used to have Hidden Power Ice to get rid of gliscor but Greninja is able to do so just fine. So as requested i've put up dragon pulse to get rid of dragon types.

Landorus-T@ Life Orb
Intimidate
Adamant Nature 128HP/252Atk/128 Spe
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-turn

Landorus! This thing is amazing in my opinion free switch ins against fighting types and basically it can cripple everything thats physical. Stealth rocks just in case deoxys gets one shot or if i get a good lead off with Landorus-T. Now my you'll probably have noticed the EV spread is a little off, 128 spe gives him 250 spe which should do to outspeed slower leads with taunt such as Deoxys Defense (i think at least) some feedback on the EV's would be even more appreciated !

Replaced Landorus-T with Excadrill
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rapid Spin

For obvious reasons i switched out Landorus-T with Excadrill because you guys suggested getting a spinner well here it is. Stealth Rocks for Entry Hazard back up , Earthquake for stab Rock slide for coverage and because he can't learn stone edge. The rapid spin to get rid of hazards so i can get Charizard Y in safely. Although i do miss the intimedate from Land-T excadrill is a great addition to my team.

Deoxys-Defense@Leftovers
Pressure
Calm Nature 252 HP/4 Spa/252 Sp def
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Psychic

The Special wall and crippler of my team is Deoxys. Thunder wave is just soooooo nice since Charizard Y isn't the fastest bird of the bunch and Stealth Rock obviously for hazards since deoxys can take a hit or 2. Now for the other 2 moves im not sure which to take so i threw taunt on there to counter even slower leads with hazards or cripplers and something with stab (from experience this move doesn't even make a scratch on freaking infernape..). Some feed back on the final 2 moves would be brilliant i myself was thinking about knock off.

Greninja@Choice Specs
Protean
Hasty 4 Atk/ 252 Spa/ Spe 252
Scald
U-Turn
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

Since this dude has INSANELY high speed and moves like a freakin f16 jet it can outspeed almost everything. The reason i chose Hasty is because i have u-turn and i dont want it be completely useless. However i pay a big price for this called FIGHTING MOVES especially Mach Punch destroys him on the first turn in *uhem* infernape *uhem*. So any feed back is welcome :)

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Relaxed 252 HP/ 4 Atk / 252 Defense
Gyro Ball
Powerwhip
Leech Seed
Toxic

This thing will make you want to kill yourself and your pokemon , litteraly. The physical wall that poisons heals and dies to everything that burns Ferrothorn. This guy is godly if you ofcourse evade the fire types besides Gyro Ball will DESTROY fairies and basically everything that is pretty fast. Toxic will let the opponent take even more damage from himself and Ferrothorn hasn't even attacked himself at that point. Powerwip to take care of some annoying water types especially physical ones such as Azumarill.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Rough Skin
Jolly 4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
Poison Jab

Garchomp is the backup sweeper as i like to call it. This looks like a normal build however im uncertain about 2 things. 1 The outrage confusion i mostly use garchomp ONLY if he can switch in safely or if he is my last pokemon which means i can't switch him out when he gets the confusion. 2 Poison jab i'm not sure if it's worth it i know it takes out fairy types especially Sylveon and Clefairy but it's risky to switch him considiring i don't know if it will one shot and if it won't there is a big chance of me losing my back up which will leave me with basically nothing left.

General:

My main problem with this team is recovery and i have been thinking about replacing Deoxys with Sylveon but that also has down sides such as losing stealth rocks , being arguably squishy against physical and some special sweepers. However the plus side is i keep thunder wave gain wish support and safe switch ins against dragon types.

Feel free to use this team if you want to :).

Please share your thoughts on my concerns it would mean the world to me :D.

Last edited:
Try giving your Greninja a Naive nature instead of Hasty. I'd also recommend an Excadrill or Starmie to keep entry hazards away from Charizard. Also, try giving your charizard 0 attack IVs, to keep Foul players away from him. Apart from those, though, your team seems fine.

There isn't really a reason to run hp ice on mega chairzard. Dragon pulse also hits dragons super effectively and has more power. You can also carry focus blast for heartan if that is an issue. Also life orb is much better than specs for greninja because it thives on its diverse movepool. Otherwise, great team.

To use Charizard Y, you should probably think about using a spinner/defogger. Just in case you don't predict properly and get the taunt up with Deoxys. SR deal 50% damage to CharY, and seeing as you don't run roost, you really need something to help out.

So what do you suggest i switch out for excadrill?
Other than that, you have no way of getting rid of hazards, particularly stealth rocks which will ruin charizard. Excadrill is one of the few relevant spinners in OU, and has pretty darn good type synergy with charizard-Y.

Probably lando-T, as excadrill can set up stealth rocks as well as spin them away. Also, if you swapped out something else excadrill and lando would fulfill similar roles and have a common type weakness.
Alright i'll try it out once i get home, thanks everyone for the feedback

Some of the most important things you need for zard y to do work is a defogger/spinner (for obvious reasons) and a pursuit trapper for the lati@s twins and some way to get past pink blobs. I'd reccomend specs keldo over greninja as it can crush those blobs with a secret sword and maybe aegislash or bisharp over deo d because he's not needed too much because you already have rocks on lando. If you're worried about not setting them up then try lefties over lo as it makes him far bulkier.

Some of the most important things you need for zard y to do work is a defogger/spinner (for obvious reasons) and a pursuit trapper for the lati@s twins and some way to get past pink blobs. I'd reccomend specs keldo over greninja as it can crush those blobs with a secret sword and maybe aegislash or bisharp over deo d because he's not needed too much because you already have rocks on lando. If you're worried about not setting them up then try lefties over lo as it makes him far bulkier.
What do you suggest as of the move spread i've got ,
Scald
Ice Beam
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Maybe?

What do you suggest as a move spread , so far i've got
HP Ice
Scald
Secret Sword
Soooo 4th move?.

For specs keldeo i reccomend you use icy wind over HP ice. It has 5 less base power but can let you beat potentila counters like latias. Also, hydro pump could work if you want to keep scald but want a more powerful stab. Finally, Mandibuzz with defog should replace the ferro as it can clear hazards and isnt weak to the fire moves the sun powers up.

well hydropump is also good for insane stab and if your team has a problem with mega venusaur then hp flying

well hydropump is also good for insane stab and if your team has a problem with mega venusaur then hp flying
I haven't encountered problems with mega venusaur so i guess i'll throw hydro pump on there

For specs keldeo i reccomend you use icy wind over HP ice. It has 5 less base power but can let you beat potentila counters like latias. Also, hydro pump could work if you want to keep scald but want a more powerful stab. Finally, Mandibuzz with defog should replace the ferro as it can clear hazards and isnt weak to the fire moves the sun powers up.
I'll try replacing Ferro with Mandibuzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)