ORAS Ubers Mega-Chomp team (1670+ Old Ubers rules!)

Which team to be RMTed next ?

• Specs Future Sight Balance

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Hoopa-U + TR

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • HO Gravity with Mega Altaria

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Bad Ideas team

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Fire Spam

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOOO what is up everyone!! Antacool here for a new RMT after a very long moment, I know, I was very busy the last times but anyway, I have a few days to profit by laddering on PS a bit and teambuilding new strategies (woohooo!!)

I have several ideas and prototype teams such as a team with specs Future Sight Mewtwo + CB pursuit Ttar, a team with Hoopa-U, an Hyper Offense gravity team with Sing DD Mega-Altaria, bad ideas compilation team including Bulk Up Trick Room Weakness Policy Dialga and Bugceus, and Fire Spam team with Fireceus and Reshiram (each team peaked succesfully 1500+). Anyway, too much really fun teams that work correctly but needs still a lot of work, considering the few time I have and the numbers of RMT limited, I will let you choose which one you prefer to see in a next RMT in the Questions part above.

NOW, let's turn to the Mega-Chomp Team!! Honestly, Mega-Garchomp is a really underrated mon as it performs very well with proper support (but a lot of support yes, this team is entirely dedicated to this mon!), and especially vs stall and fat balance teams who are very weak to it.
This team is dedicated to every PS friends, and Old School players bored of ORAS who definitely think that garchomp will be unviable in Ubers gen 6. The aim of this RMT is to prove that Garchomp has a niche and shows you how to make it such a monster in the Oras meta.

This team has a really good success, it reaches 1670+ on old Ladder, won a Laddering tournament and beat several very skilled players.

Teambuilding:

We start with Chomp who is an excellent Sweeper (170 Att stat in its mega form, enough speed to outspeed common Primals), provided two things:
- Sand support, to abuse Sand Veil in its Normal form, and Sand Force in its Mega form
- Sticky Web, as Garchomp has no way to boost its speed, which is really needed against Arceus, Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc...
A big amount of supports but they can be well placed thanks to the following Pokemon:

- Galvantula is my web setter, and at the moment is my favourite one. Some people prefer ro run Smeargle or Shuckle, but Galva has the good advantage to hit hard the two common Magic Bouncers named Mega-Diancie and Mega-Tenefix, as well as a correct speed stat.
- Tyranitar is a must in this team thanks to its Sand Stream ability, that make Garchomp an amazing pokemon. Furthermore it can check fast Birds that threatens Mega-Chomp, and place the Stealth Rocks.

This core has basically several threats, such as Mega-Kangaskhan, Taunters with a fighting move such as MMX or Deoxys A, and Extreme Killer. So I added another sweeper with the ghost type to check them. I don't hesitate and I choose SD Ghostceus, who provides a very needed priority (Extreme Speed) and Rapid Spin immunity, and like a lot as well Sticky Web support.

Because it's ORAS Ubers, I added Groudon-Primal as he brings nice support for this team thanks to its ability to check a big part of metagame's sweepers and hit them hard back. A third Swords Dance sweeper seems redundant, but I really wanted to keep the offensive pressure as I can always punish an opposing Defog.

My team needs a final member who can come on Ground moves and check Primal forms, and needs specially offensive presence. You guessed it, Latias. Healing Wish support is really cool and can bring a second life to one of the sweepers, or give a second chance to galvantula to place webs if it got taunted or asleep.

The Team:

upload_2015-8-17_17-11-7.jpeg

Antacool based (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Sticky Web
- String Shot
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Steel]

I did an older RMT that uses already this original Galvantula set I made, and did this Ubers team the only one of mine to be candidate in a RMT of the week competition.
Alright! This is my lead who has a crucial role: put Sticky Web. This hazard helps the whole team to outspeed very fast landed Pokemon. The first threats you encounter and that try to block Sticky Web are Pokemon with Taunt or Magic Bounce. Thanks to its 322 special attack, you can 2HKO Deoxys-S, Mewtwo, and Mega-Sableye with a 91% accuracy Thunder as well as having a 30% chance to paralyze them. Galvantula takes nothing in return from Mega-Sableye thanks to the IV and EV Spreads.
Hidden Power Steel is only for Mega-Diancie who is a big threat otherwise, Galvantula can OHKO a spdef - nature one with this move.
Modest is the best nature, because the 2HKO / OHKO are impossible otherwise, and you still have enough speed against max speed 90 BS.
ANNNND last move, String Shot. I made a 1000000 pokedollars bet with Bug Catcher to make this move work in Ubers. And it does. ^^
Seriously, it reduces greatly the speed of threats like Mega-Salamance, Swords Dance Arceus, Rock Polish Pdon (I can PP waste Rock Polish thanks to the 64 string shot PPs), and other Ground Sweepers immune to Thunder at a point I can RK them with Foul Play, or taunt some defoggers with Tyranitar. Toxic could be run instead to annoy more defogger but Galva lose to Aromatherapy Xerneas and Refresh Mega Salamence then, who fails to sweep my team thanks to String Shot.

Damn da birds (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave / Rock Tomb
- Taunt

OHH an innovative set!! Yes, Foul Play Tyranitar!
Basically Tyranitar serves as a standard Stealth Rock + Sand Stream setter, which make Garchomp the happiest Pokemon in existance (bar Excadrill). Foul Play is the surprise move that does a lot of damage on Physical Sweepers such as Arceus, Offensive Swords Dance Groudon, Mega Salamence, as well as Giratina-O. Thanks to it's Extreme Speed resistance, it is able to Revenge Kill SD Arceus who thinks to have free days to setup on String Shot Galvantula. Rock Tomb or Thunder Wave are here to reduce speeds: Rock Tomb drops Arceus-Ground and Groudon's speed WHO ALWAYS come in Tyranitar, while Thunder Wave helps Tyra to counter Darkrai better and offers much more haxx chance for Garchomp.
The speed investment lets Tyra outspeed a max Speed Arceus at -2, which is created by 1 string shot (so Tyra can use first a powerful Foul Play), or the combination of Webs + Rock Tomb if a max speed defensive Arceus wants to come using Defog (So Tyranitar can Taunt them). The rest in EV's are in HP and defense to take even more hits and survive +1 Mega Salamence's Earthquake.
Taunt is pretty much needed for the defoggers, as well as for Standard GeoXern at -1 speed, preventing him using Aromatherapy or Geomancy especially if you're not running Thunder Wave.
Pursuit can be run for Latias, but it still manageable with Thunder Wave + Taunt, and Foul Play hits him hard anyway. Arceus-Ghost can also place an SD on it.
Smooth Rock is the chosen item to make the Sand Stream last 8 turns for lord Mega-Chomp, otherwise, Shucca Berry, Lum Berry for Darkrai, and Chopple Berry, are cool options.

RIP BRUH (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

LORD GARCHOMP, OMG OMG OMG!!
Garchomp is a really scary Pokemon once you success to place it in the Sand. Both abilities are really OP.
Very simple set, you use Substitute on a predicted Switch or a Status, you place a Swords Dance and you wreck everything not named Bronzong, thanks to the EdgeQuake.
You have two ways of using Garchomp in Sand:
- In its normal Form: attempting a miss Hax thanks to Sand Veil (1.25 evasion Boost), to place a free SD or hit an opponent in a desperate situation. He has 102 BS speed so you can outspeed Palkia, Mega-Kanga without webs; and more importantly Yveltal, and Salamence on the turn it mega-evolves.
- In its Mega form: POWER. Sand Force and 170 BS Attack KILL EVERYTHING at +2. You have enough speed to outspeed Primal forms without webs, and the whole landed Pokemon bar Deoxys-S and Scarf Mewtwo with webs.

Some Calcs after an SD (RIP)

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus in Sand: 442-522 (116 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal in Sand: 516-608 (113.4 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Water in Sand: 444-523 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 248 Def Giratina-O in Sand: 274-323 (62.1 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia in Sand: 416-490 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (calc without Multiscale)

Damage back calcs:

+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 313-369 (87.4 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 286-337 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Garchomp: 244-288 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Cynthia can be proud.

upload_2015-8-17_18-22-34.jpeg

Oh my ghost (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Arceus is here to help dealing with fast Taunt sweepers such as Deoxys-A, Fighting types, provide Normal Immunity and bring (very high) offensive presence with Sticky Web up. It can be used as an early sweeper as well as a finisher.
Adamant SD Ghostceus is an amazing Sweeper, and is probably the most powerful SD Arceus Form with Avalanche Iceus. Anyway, you have a sweeper that hits everything in the Metagame with Ghost+Fighting coverage as well as Extreme Speed to revenge kill weakened threats such as SD Arceus or Geomancy Xerneas, or kill easily LO Deoxys-A. Swords Dance boosts your attack up to 744, Shadow Force is the powerful Stab that destroys everything at +2 (Pdon can be OHKO after SR damage!), excepts normal type and bulky Dark Types, and that hits through King's Shield and Protect. Extreme Speed because priority is extremely important, and Brick Break for coverage. 212 in Speed means you can outspeed base 100's such as Salamence on mega evolving turn, and destroy it with Shadow Force + Espeed at +1.
The little HP investment helps Ghostceus survive Yveltal's Sucker Punch (offensive sets are KO with Sforce + Espeed after an SD).

Over S+ imo (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 228 Atk / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw / Stone Edge

The best pokemon on the tier with the best nickname ever. ^^
Okay this is the 51321658683539873th presentation of Primal-Groudon on Smogon other RMT. That doesn't prevent me to present again this pokemon. Groudon-Primal checks an Ubers threat like it's a Joker in your cards. You can use Pdon to deal massive Damage on a boosted Sweeper so you can RK it with Sandstorm and Arceus' Extreme Speed if needed. Or you can use it as a fearsome sweeper with Sticky Web up thanks to Swords Dance + Speed investment.
Earthquake and Fire Punch are STABs and you use a coverage move to hit the Flying and Dragon types as a last slot. If you're unlucky like me, use Dragon Claw, if not, use Stone Edge. 84 EVs in SpDef helps you survive +2 Xerneas.
Groudon-Primal is the probably the Pokemon who appreciate the most Latias' Healing Wish Support.

Maybe Mega Lati (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 116 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roar
- Healing Wish

The last member is my favourite support offensive pokemon, Soul Dew Latias. It checks both Primals forms, can deal good damage to Groudon-Primal with Draco Meteor, in order to Revenge Kill more easily, and Kyogre-Primal with Psyshock. This Latias doesn't have any Recovery move so I put some EVs in HP to survive hits like 2 Ogre's Ice Beam. Roar is a really great filler on Latias (another Antacool's Gimmick?). This move prevents the Eon being a setup fodder against Calm Mind Arceus forms, Geomancy Xerneas or even Extreme Killer, especially when Latias has got a drop on Draco Meteor. Plus curse u BP
A good example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259865794
Healing Wish is the crucial move on Latias that can make a true difference in a battle. You can sack Latias to restore Status and all HPs to a teammate. You can bring a second chance for Pdon to sweep for example, or Mega-Garchomp if it placed too much Substitutes, or wake up your Galvantula if it gets Dark Void'd by Darkrai. The best situation is when opposing Tyranitar wants to trap Latias, but on the next turn you place the Mega-Garchomp at full life after Healing Wish!

Threatlist:

- Fast pokemon with Taunt and/or immuned to webs in general, forcing you to play mind games, or trying to use a mental herb on Galvantula (loses to Diancie then if it protects).
- Darkrai who render useless one Pokemon with Dark Void, even if you have Tyranitar to check it.
- Geomancy Xerneas, if it finds the opportunity to setup, can kill easily 2 members or sweep my team if I lost Groudon-Primal. Still manageable if you play right with Tyranitar. Roar on Latias helps a lot against this threat.
- Rock Polish Groudon-Primal who can set up on Tyranitar, but Mega-Chomp can take one hit.
- Toxic Spikes based Teams have a good match up against mine. Defog on Latias doesn't really help because it will remove my webs and Latias gets smacked by Scolipede's Pin Missile
- Ditto sometimes, but Latias helps also
- Opposing Sticky Web, as I have only one Ground Immunity. Otherwise my Latias can perform extremely well against these teams.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259892158 (vs Stall)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259886603 (vs HO)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259874755 (vs Stall)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259703467
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259763535 (Adamant Ghostceus showcase)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259440830
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259776248 (a weird match against sticky web, showing the effectiveness of String Shot and Foul Play + the best chomp haxx I had)

2 losses but very good and close games showing off unexpected/hilarious endings

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-259770204
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-260021443

GG everyone :]

Conclusion:

Rank Garchomp imo

Thank you to read my RMT and I will pleased to have any comments :]
Shoutouts: I need another full afternoon to do it
Leave a like for dat OP Sand Shark ^^

Last edited:
Pastebin:

Antacool based (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Sticky Web
- String Shot
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Damn da birds (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

RIP BRUH (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Oh my ghost (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Over S+ imo (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 228 Atk / 84 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Maybe Mega Lati (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 116 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roar
- Healing Wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)