ORAS OU Mega Gardevoir Team (balance)

Hi today I will do a RMT on mega gardevoir. Mega gardevoir is one of the greatest stall breaker and hard hitter in the metagame. Many teams come unprepared for this and they pay the price. Anywho lets get started.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
This is the star of this team. Gardevoir is one of my favorite megas in the metagame. Even though its frail it hits hard like a truck. If you don't come prepare for this it is pretty much game over. Hyper voice pixilate rekts and leaves a pokemon badly hurt(if they can take it). The EVs are standard offensive. I run 0 atk IVs so confusion hits won't hurt.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
Next I wanted a mon that creates good synergy with gardevoir. Heatran got all of gardevoir's weakness and gardevoir is a good mon to switch into against a fighting move. This heatran is my stealth rocker and phazer. This basically phase Calm mind Clefable out and protect is for scouting(especially for lead scarf landos). Lava plume is for STAB and 30% to burn. This is standard specially defensive set. As always I run 0 atk IVs.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake
I saw that my team was weak to mega metagross. It earthquakes heatran and meteor mashes gardevoir. So I decided to add quagsire. This is mostly for mega metagross,belly drum azumarill,Dragon dance Charizard X, swords dance talonflame,excadrill, the list goes on. I really like quagsire because it handles most of the top tier threats. I have standard defensive set with relaxed nature. I have scald for burns and earthquake for ground/steel types.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog
Next I wanted hazards control and in general a hard hitter. I run Hidden power fighting so I can catch those bisharps coming in thinking they can get a boost from a defog. Hp fighting plus life orb KOs all bisharp's sets. I run psychic for heavy power and for venusaurs. Max special attack and speed to cover it all.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
Next I wanted a scarfer and despite Mega Gardevoir being the star of the team, this little pony almost always gets to be a win condition. I needed a way to deal with mega diancie and other scarf mons. Keldeo hits hard and most opponents do suspect scarf. I have standar scarf set and icy wind for lati switch ins.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
Last but not least Gliscor. Even though I have heatran for clefable I couldn't do anything back if it start calm minding. I have roar for it, but what if it is the last mon? I have this little bugger to beat it. Swords dance is for boosting my attack and pressures clefable a lot. Earthquake does a lot after a +2. This is also a switch in in case mega metagross has grass knot for quagsire. If it decides to stay in it will take a clean 60% from my earthquake forcing it switch or let another team member kill it off. This serves as another win condition just in case.

So that was the end of my RMT I hope you enjoy it and tell me what should I do to improve it.

[/hide] Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205943633

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205922081

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205884248

[/hide] Importable
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

solid team dude their arent too much weaknesses mostky likely mega sceptile and freeze dry mamoswine. Id tell you to run sub cm keld but i find healing wish latias to become a better member hp fighting is nice but you have keld to deal with those things. Healing wish helps keld and gard take on sceptile and keld. That lead mons like breloom are dealt better with so that you dont have to sack mons to sleep. Other than that its a really solid team and look fun.
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish

the team lacks priority so I found it struggled a bit with mega lopunny and medicham with bulky team mates who would play around it and pressure with the fake out. the team also struggles to switch into keldeo repeatedly without having water absorb on the quagsire but having it instead of unaware made it hard to stand up to swords dance garchomp and pinsir as well as cursers and calm minders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)