SM OU Mega lop + band ttar team

So I haven't used this team too extensively but I've used it enough that I feel that personally I have no other noticeable changes I want to make. That being said, below I will go through my building process and I can take any advice on move/item changes or what Pokemon I should replace. The team can be found in the pastebin linked at the bottom.

So I didn't want to make a team with Mega Lopunny and Tyranitar because I though they would pair well together, but rather because they are good Pokemon and I haven't really ran them before. The Lopunny set is pretty standard. The Tyranitar doesn't have Pursuit which I'm considering adding, but I found that having Superpower and Ice Punch have been helpful for predictions such as Landorus or Ferrothorn.

So right off the bat I needed to address a lot of the weaknesses shared by Lopunny and Tyranitar. Gengar works perfectly because it is immune to Fighting and although it is weak to Psychic like Lopunny, Tyranitar is still an available pivot. Additionally, the Gengar is scarfed to outspeed common threats such as Tapu Lele and Marshadow and kill them with a super effective attack. For the Landorus, I chose a Flyinium Z set so it can switch in on Fighting-types and hit them back hard. It also has Stealth Rock as an option if you can predict a switch. It doesn't do well against other Landorus-Thearians, but if you can weakean it with other mons, you can finish a Landorus off with Fly. Landorus also helped address the Ground weaknesses my team was accumulating. It also has Knock Off over U-Turn to help prevent stall.

So what I needed next was a Water type to address Landorus' ice weakness and Tyranitar's steel weakness. I was going to pick Greninja, but in the end went with Tapu Fini. I feared that if I picked Greninja, opposing Mega Loppunies could potentially sweep my entire team. I also needed a second answer to Marshadow in case Shadow Sneak crit my Gengar. I also felt that I didn't need a Greninja because I already had two Pokemon with Ice Punch. Additionally, Tapu Fini can check Greninja, which the rest of my team struggled to do. All in all, Tapu Fini was a good pick for my team. Lastly, I used Celesteela to cover some of my weaknesses I had on my team (Mainly Psychic) and be able to have coverage moves the rest of my team couldn't. (Flamethrower and Giga Drain). I didn't make it an Autotomize set yet because it is a mixed attacker, but let me know if/how I should make it an autotomize set.

All in all, I think this team is fairly solid, but I am open for any suggestions.
This Team: https://pastebin.com/wzZ2uBfV

I'm gonna do some testing with this team and get back to you later, but my first thoughts are that mixed offensive Celesteela is a really strange set. You're running protect, but that does little or nothing without Leech Seed and Toxic and is generally a wasted move slot. I'd either run full special offensive autotomize, or defensive celesteela with toxic/substitute, leech seed, heavy slam and protect. Given the generally offensive bent of your team I'd probably run offensive Celesteela in that slot, but it's your call.

I'm gonna do some testing with this team and get back to you later, but my first thoughts are that mixed offensive Celesteela is a really strange set. You're running protect, but that does little or nothing without Leech Seed and Toxic and is generally a wasted move slot. I'd either run full special offensive autotomize, or defensive celesteela with toxic/substitute, leech seed, heavy slam and protect. Given the generally offensive bent of your team I'd probably run offensive Celesteela in that slot, but it's your call.
So I actually had made a revised version of the team that mixed some stuff around. Firstly, Celesteela was replaced by a Ferrothron with the following set:

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

This allowed me to add Stone Edge to Landorus in place of Stealth Rock, because Ferrothorn could now be my dedicated Stealth Rocker. Additionally, my team was very weak to HP Ice Tapu Koko and Rotom-W, so this helps with that. Lastly, I replaced Superpower on Tyranitar with Fire Punch.

The only disadvantage that I've noticed to these changes so far are that Ferrothorn has a Fighting weakness, which is what Mega Lopunny and Tyranitar were both weak to, but I still have Landorus, Gengar, and Tapu Fini to cover for Fighting types. Let me know if these changes help the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)