ORAS OU Mega Lopunny PuP HO Team

Should I include a dragon dancer?

• Total voters
Lopunny Hyper Offensive Team
Hey guys, I made this a team recently based around Mega Lopunny. I really to use her because even though she doesn't necessarily hit hard at base 136 Atk. She is the only Pokemon to ever live with perfect coverage. I'll continue my rant about Lopunny as I introduce the Pokemon later. Also, this is my first using hyper offense, so please to those who also use it, make your comments on it. This team laddered to the 1600s, so it's good enough to the point where I build an RMT around it. (Of course, I'm not here to show off, I'm here to make it better). Without further ado, let's get started.

So here's the squad:

Skarmory

Spike it Ap! (Skarmory) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Spikes

As a big hater of stall, I normally don't enjoy using Skarmory. However, when it comes to using a suicide lead without Roost I'm all for it. Skarm is useful because he has a built-in Focus Sash and with Mental Herb, he stops all the faster lead taunters to taunt them himself and set up his own hazards. (Shout out to Kama Sutra) I'm debating using Custap Berry/ Salac Berry to set up more hazards after Sturdy. I'm also debating between max HP and Max Atk to suprise OHKO Keldeos, Chesnaughts and Breloom who prevent my Bisharp from punishing the Defogs and sweeping. HP investment is for longevity for setting up spikes but offensive mons don't usually stay on Skarmory.
Recommend other suicide leads please.

Bisharp

PLZ Defog (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Honestly, can you play Hyper Offense without Bisharp? This man is the true threat. Well known for punishing Latios and Latias, he also enjoys seeing the previous Fighting Types mons gone. Also he is the king of mind games which is what I live for in HO. His set is pretty standard and is seen everywhere high ladder. I don't need Low Kick with Lop and Pursuit either since doesn't see the Lati Twins a threat. SD is for punishing defogers for sweep, avoid fear of burns (shout out to Joey), and punish Scrotom Wash's will-o-burn.

Gengar

Chansey's my Hoe (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

With Bisharp, the Defog Punisher comes Gengar, the worst spin blocker to have ever lived, Gengar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this Pokemon has perfect coverage. He has very little switch-ins except for Chansey and stallers. But with Taunt, Gengar completely walls the stall bitch Chansey and goes on to inflict good damage on other Mons. I wish there was another offensive spin blocker (feel free to list them if you can) but Gengar can at suicide itself VS Excadrill to an Earthquake for Lopunny to Revenge kill. I don't know how else to stop spinners. Also, Starmie is a problem if my Lop hasn't mega'd yet. Gengar is also my go-to mon for suicide damage on Rotom and the like so I can OHKO with Lopunny or Bisharp later on.
Feel free to recommend others like Knock Off Landorus-I to break some walls.I just like Gengar's speed.

Thundurus

Thundurus-AIE (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot

Thundurus is also one good choice for HO. He is a setup killer which relieves pressure for Scarfers. Nasty Plot is a good punish for switches and help me sweep a couple of times. There's not much to say about this set it's standard and can deal with LO Latios after some damage. Focus Blast instead of TWave gives me lots of sweep but can't stop setup. If you have another way to stop setup so I can sweep with Thundurus, feel free to express it.

Victini

Le Victini (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- U-turn

I had Darmanitan on this spot until I realized how much of a glass cannon he is. Victini is mostly here to lure and spread fear in my opponent. He's also a Sableye killer absorbing the will-os and forcing him to Mega directly instead of switching to counter my Skarmory. After losing his Prankster, Lopunny completely ruins his day. U-turn on Heatran also helps my Lop Mega Evolve ASAP without Fake Out. Glaciate is for the abused mon on the ladder: Landorus-T. He 2HKOs all kinds of Lando and Gliscor (b4 toxic Orb) variants relieving the pressure for my Lopunny. Of course, U-turn is for momentum. Victini also absorbs priority and gets momentum.
Feel free to recommend others (either fast or scarf that isn't weak to Mach Punch)

Mega Lopunny

Da Coverage (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Power-Up Punch

Now Mega Lopunny, why is she BL when she's got Da Coverage? To me, Mega Lopunny is the most innovative and my favorite Mega Evolution to have ever been created. With her perfect neutral coverage, she doesn't need a crazy movepool and added to that she was initially not offensive so she has many status of which Encore. (Shout-outs to Albacore). I originally ran Toxic for fat mons but Encore is the wall killer. Mandibuzz, Slowbro, Hippowdon and other non-walls are not counters (switch-ins) to this Lopunny. After one PuP, she usually damages them, forces the recovery and Encores them into it while continuing Power-Up-Punch. With Lando/Gliscor gone, when Lop setups it's over.
This set will most likely not change to be honest unless you guys have something better to wall break.
PuP is also a recipe for sweeping offensive teams.

That's the team: my biggest problems are Sand Rush teams (Drill) and Rain Dance teams (I had Grass Knot just for Swampy lol). I also feel a nice water type could help for wall breaking fat mons (most likely Keldeo) but I don't know how to fit him in. Also, I don't know if Scarf on Victini helps because it's punishable. (Maybe Expert Belt could help to trick opponents idk). TalonBitch is also a bit annoying if my Thundy dies. Rock Polish Diancie shits on my life as well.
If you have any other threats to list to my team, changes even if it's changing the whole team aside from Lopunny, I'm happy to listen.
Thanks in advance guys. Feel free to use the team as well. Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Ev9s65gA

With your Skarmory, it is a momentum killer. It cannot really do much in terms of Hyper Offense and because of this, I would recommend tweaking some Pokemon to help with that. Something I can see you using is Azelf as it nearly guarantees Stealth Rocks, pressuring the opponent to defog as you switch out to Bisharp.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Another thing your team is weak to: Stall
I know this may sound surprising with Taunt Gengar, but Mega Sableye pressures Victini to continuously switch in. In the case that the opposing has Entry Hazards set up, Victini will be suffering heavily. So I would add a support Pokemon to help defog/spin hazards away vs stall.

I am just going to be super standard here, and suggest scarf lando-t > scarf victini there is a reason that everyone uses it so much and it just works out very well. It is also a nice check to mega zardx which your team would otherwise have to sack thundy in hopes of paralysis.

Another short thing is if you find that quagsire is a bit of a problem for you I would recomend trying to lure it with bisharp or thundurus, both of them can learn grass knot, and both of them lure in quagsire pretty well. I would probably recomend bisharp because you can replace SD and still get the +2 from defog, then when they think they are all cool switching quag in, you can bop him with the grass knot which KOs after knock off damage. I onyl bring this up because lopunny with PuP is good verse stall but unaware quagsire can give it some troubles.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also even if you do decide to keep using gothitelle, grass knot it still useful as a lure and takes some of the pressure of goth, since it cant just trap everything and kill it, it usually only get 1-2 goes.

Hoped some of this helped :)

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would beg to differ that Skarmory is a momentum killer. As mentioned in the description, the skarmory is actually acting pretty much like a suicide lead and as such, a mental herb Skarmory gurantees SR up and potentially a lot more spikes while also being able to taunt back faster sash leads such as Azelf. Only reason why Azelf would be a better choice over Skarmory would be such that it has access to the move Skill Swap which allows it to set up rocks even in the face of Mega Sableye. Another alternative for a sash lead that occasionally scares out MegaSableye and sets up rocks on it would be Infernape.

Infernape (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Vacuum Wave
This set allows you to fire blast out Sableye unless it is running max SpDef. Fire Blast allows a 2HKO against a defensive Landorus-T and OHKOs a scarf Landorus-T when in Blaze.

A second change I might recommend would be actually to either run only T-wave + 3 attacks with Life Orb to prevent set up mons OR run NP + 3 attacks (Thunderbolt, Hidden Power - Ice and Focus blast) with Leftovers.

Anyway, this team has to be played around really carefully between Lopunny, Victini and Gengar to break stall effectively, apart from that, it looks really Crisp ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)