Mega Lucario Sweep Team

I'm new to playing pokemon competetively, but with the coming of X and Y I wanted to try. I did a lot of research into what makes a good team, and wanted to use one of my favorite pokemon-lucario. I would happily take any advice

Timid Greninja Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 HP
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Spikes
Taunt

Greninja's speed and special attack allow him to do considerable damage, along with the Protean ability that gives all his moves STAB. However, I felt his wide movepool allows him to counter a lot of starts so giving him Spikes and Taunt help stop set ups. Mainly a utility special sweeper and good starting pokemon due to his ability to handle wide matchups.

Impish Gliscor Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP 184 Def 72 Sp
Earthquake
Substitute
Toxic
Roost

This is my physical wall/annoyer pokemon. I put some IVs into speed so that he can outspeed a few things because of his already natural bulk. His moves let him harrass and heal consistently and EQ is a very strong attack even without any EVs invested into it.

Calm Goodra @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Gooey
EVs. 252 HP 252 SpD 4 SpA
Dragon Tail
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast
Rest

Using the new dragon for my special wall. I use dragon tail for phazing my enemy team through spikes or simply to force out switches. His attacking moves allow him to hit the high special attackers he normally walls off such as starmie, and the fire blast helps counter anticipated walls such as ferroseed. Finally ChestoRest allows him to regain his health to continue tanking. Fairy does make dragon tail not completely reliable so I have to use it with caution.

Adamant Scizor Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs 252 HP 252 Att 4 SpD
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Brick Break

I took advice from my friend when choosing this pokemon's set, and picked what was considered standard. Bullet Punch is go to priority attack move to make up for his lack of speed. U-turn does damage and switches out of potential bad match-ups. Pursuit counters ghost types such as Gengars who may try to switch out. Brick Break stops Dual Screen set-ups.

Modest Volcarona Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs 252 HP 240 Def 16 Sp
Quiver Dance
Roost
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz

I'm not too knowledgable about this pokemon, but after getting swept by it I tried it for myself and it has worked wonders. Successfully getting quiver dance off makes this pokemon a very powerful threat so I decided to go for a bulky build so that it can more successfully get off quiver dances and sweep.

Jolly Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified - Adaptability
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Sword Dance
Crunch

One of my favorite pokemon, set up to sweep. With its mega form, it gets heightened speed allowing it to now outspeed many things such as garchomp, and its mega form ability, adaptability, allows it to use STAB bullet punch because it is now the same amount of damage as extreme speed but can hit super effective. Although squishy, a successful swords dance allows it to plow through teams with the sheer force of close combat. Crunch is to counter matchups such as ghost and psychic type on anticipated switch in.

That's my team. I would appreciate any advice. I do realize that I do not have a rapid spinner but don't know where they would fit into my team. It has been doing very well on showdown despite flaws such as that one, and I am excited to breed it into my actual pokemon Y.

Pretty nice team, my own is quite similar..

I would recommend defog over sub on Gliscor. Volcarona gets shredded by rocks and Lucario, Greninja get gimped hard by Sticky web

Pretty nice team, my own is quite similar..

I would recommend defog over sub on Gliscor. Volcarona gets shredded by rocks and Lucario, Greninja get gimped hard by Sticky web
Gliscor does not get Tox heal and defog, this is a simulator bug that will be killed eventually.

Oh, well ya, my team is still missing a spinner of any form, and doesn't place many traps aside from spikes on ninja, any suggestions?

How come people use the gooey ability on goodra? sure it lowers hits when contacted but goodras defense is so low already even with evs he cant really take a physical hit to begin with i might be missing something here though can someone tell me why put this ability on goodra instead of hydration?

It would have to be raining for hydration to be effective, and generally goodra will be taken down by a physical pokemon, and because that pokemon's speed is lower, my sweepers should be faster than it. Hope that answers your question

Whats the point of rest on goodra without hydration? you fall asleep and will be stuck asleep forced to switch out or let the enemy come in and hit you with the hardest physical move they got. or let your goodra stay in to die just to get the speed of the pokemon down in which case you could have just used a pokemon with sticky web who could have offered more in this case then goodra. also i noticed no leftovers on goodra so it will just keep coming in to get hit without getting healed i understand the dragon tail to get another pokemon in but that just leaves you with fireblast and thunder bolt two attacking moves basically and a move with will hinder you because of no rain and hydration. i think goodra is meant for a rain team. or if you wanna keep him on the team you should at least give him leftovers because his attack isnt the best so he sure wont be sweeping anyone so let him get some heals in so he can last longer from hits

Ya i've been very finnicky on my special wall, like I said, this is my first team, also I'm using chesto berry which heals sleep on my goodra so I get one sleepless heal. You make some solid points though.

True but that will only be a one time rest then. after that no more healing up. anyways dont worry about it im not a pro or anything lol just giving some tips you might have missed. if you want to keep it on your team feel free here are some of ideas maybe you should think about it or maybe they will give you a clue of how to make your team better, you should try to get a pokemon on your team with wish to pass it to him. you can replace him with someone else like a Gastrodon maybe or another wall. or you can do your best just to make him attack other pokemons and have leftovers on him. my goodra is on a rain team i made i use him to take special hits i use rest so he wakes up right away from the rain. im not really sure how much you wanna change your team around but those are just some of my ideas. cheers!

Resttalk sets are going to become more popular now that sleep turns have been reverted back to its gen 4 state. You can sleep a turn, switch out and when you come back in you wake up on the opening turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)