SM OU Mega Medicham Brings The Thunder

Hello, my name is Crawdaunt 4 Ubers I have enjoyed playing on pokemon showdown for a few years now and decided it's time for a brand new rmt. I decided to build around Mega Medicham this pokemon punches holes in bulky teams and can destroy offense with good use of momentum and double switches. While using this team i climbed to about 1660 points on the ladder but still feel like alot of work needs to be done with my team and help is very much appreciated.

1577075192015.png

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick​

The star of the show Mega Medicham. This pokemon is an absolute beast in gen 7 with few pokemon who can really switch in without fear of being 2hkoed. The reasoning behind running thunder punch over fake out is that summoning electric terrain with tapu koko lets medicham hit pokemon like clefable, Mega Sableye, Pelipper, Skarmory and tapu fini for hard damage. Most people dont expect to switch in their gyarados or pelipper into medicham to get ohkoed so the suprise factor is there to. Ice punch helps deal with Landorus-Therian, Gliscor and flying types who take neutral damage from thunder punch like Zapdos. Zen headbutt breaks through Mega Venusaur and Toxapex while doing good reliable damage to most pokemon who resist HJK. High jump kick is medichams bread and butter move blasting through physical walls and even hits pokemon who resist the move for a good chunk of HP.

1577076179014.png

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt​

Tapu Koko is the next mon in my team who acts as a special wallbreaker as suppose to Mega Medicham the pyshical wallbreaker of this team. I saw the Mega Medicham and Tapu Koko core in the gen 7 ou cores forum and thought why not try it out. Tapu Koko helps Medicham by being able to force frail pokemon to switch out ensuring i can get a volt switch to bring it in to wreak it's havoc. Thunderbolt is Tapu Koko's hard hitting move that pairs perfectly with electric terrain enabling it to kill water types that can prevent Volcarona from being able to clean late game and punch holes into anything it hits. Hidden Power Ice is there to kill anyone who tries to switch in their ground type pokemon like Lando-T (etc) expecting a volt switch. Volt Switch is a very powerful tool for this team letting Medicham get switch ins on pokemon that can check Tapu Koko a few common switch ins i see are Tyranitar, Av Magearna, Magnezone and Chansey all of which Medicham can get a free HJK on. Dazzling Gleam is Tapu Kokos way of hitting pokemon that resist or are immune to thunderbolt/volt switch for reliable damage.

1577077177607.png

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp​

Rotom-Wash acts as my defogger who can also cripple physical pokemon with Will-O-Wisp. Rotom also helps ferrothorn by checking fire type pokemon he cannot deal with himself due to being 4x weak to their attacks. Rotom also helps Koko and Toxapex with having levitate to counter earthquake spam against my team which can be an issue. Hydro Pump is Rotoms main stab move helping get rid of Heatran, Lando-T and Excadrill which is huge for Volcorana if those pokemon aforementioned are the opposing teams stealth rock setter. Volt switch is good for slow momentum and can be used after defogging to bring in Volc aswell. Will-O-Wisp is standard for Rotom providing it with residual damage on tanky pokemon but also dropping the attack of physical attacking pokemon is huge.

1577077973681.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover​

Toxapex's role is to be able to check Ash-Greninja and haze set up sweepers while providing Rotom with another defensive mon to have it healthier to defog with. Toxapex can be a real pain in the ass to deal with for offensive teams if they are not prepared. Regenerator goes hand in hand with black sludge and recover allowing Toxapex to stay as healthy as possible while soaking up damage for the team. Scald is the offensive move of choice which also has an amazing secondary effect of getting a burn on pesky attackers or bulky pokemon to be worn down. Toxic is very useful for wearing down opponents who don't want to switch out or are potentially a threat later on in the game. Haze is very necessary in toxapexs moveset for this team as not having a choice scarfed pokemon to revenge kill setup sweepers hurts alot without haze to slow them down.

1577079218310.png

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave​

Ferrothorn provides my stealth rocks and is a solid switch in to psychic types. Chople Berry is run mainly as a solution to Mega Alakazams Focus Blast enabling Ferrothorn to almost Ohko Alakazam with gyro ball, if Alakazam hasn't taken chip damage thunder wave is used to slow him down and be picked off later. Leech Seed helps Ferrothorn recover HP while also chipping away at opposing walls. Gyro ball can do alot of damage to fast pokemon and can help Ferrothorn win against bulkier pokemon coupled with Leech Seed.

1577079301387.png

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]​

Volcarona is my late game set up sweeper that provides a win con once its checks are removed. Buginium Z is used to provide a hard hitting bug type move to nuke something is basically what it is there for. Quiver Dance sets up Volcarona to be able to sweep after Medicham and Tapu Koko remove pokemon such as, Toxapex, Ash-Greninja, Scarfed Landorus, Tapu Fini and Zard Y. Fire Blast does nasty damage to most pokemon after a plus 1 and is used over flamethrower for more raw damage. Hidden Power Ground is for Heatran who try to toxic Volcarona. Bug Buzz provides a way to kill the lati twins and dark type pokemon while granting me access to savage spin out.

Threat List
1577080167073.png

Charizard Y can come in on my team and get a guaranteed kill on one of my pokemon massive threat need help figuring out if i need to replace anything to counter it.

1577080272368.png

Mega Alakazam forces me to lose ferrothorn as a way to kill or paralyze it so it doesn't kill the rest of my team. His psychic punches holes in my team and has a very good speed tier to go with that.

That wraps up the end of this rmt ty for reading and any help is appreciated as I am fairly new to team building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)