ORAS OU Mega Pidgeot: Pokemon Masters needed!

I've been trying to make a mega pidgeot team but for some reason I haven't been having much luck with it. As I was building this team it eventually lead to a HO team of sorts. I gathered the following teammates that I thought were the most suits to supporting pidgeot. It's a cool looking bird and perfect hurricane spam is both priceless and fun to use.

Hyperspeed (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Beam
- U-turn

Mega Pidgeot is the bone of this team and the main member of constant focus. Here I've decided to go all out on an full attacking set. I chose Hyper Beam over Roost for the priceless niche of finishing off Rotom W. Pidgeot's bulk is piss-poor so Roost seemed redundant to me LOL. U turn is nice for predicting dedicated hurricane walls i.e. Tyranitar and Heatran. This allows me to switch into Dugtrio, their infamous lord and master LOL.

Rainrabbit (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

This hare, is more lethal than it looks. With the ability Huge Power its attack stats reach dangerous levels. Add that up with Belly Drum and you have a nuke on your hands to deal with. Knock Off was selected over Super power cus it hits Ferrothorn like a hammer to a peanut, and also KO's Rotom Wash. Plus the added bonus of unveiling a Pokemon of their item is just sublime.

Thunders (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

In any case, Raikou is lame, fragile on the defensive side but great for tanking special hits (him and starmie). Raikou is a great electricity absorber and it's our second option for getting rid of Wotom Wash. Hidden Pa Ice is great for Landos and Garchomps (although that rarely ever works, cus it's now over used thanks to like, smogon). Shadow ball is another option to hit psychic types and bulky ground types that try to switch in i.e. Excadrill for maximum damage (does more than Extrasensory LOL).

BulletBill (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is a little redundant but it does have a niche for it's powerful Bullet Punch and slow U-turns. Pursuit is handy for the Lati-twins etc. But it leaves us vulnerable after it's use. Super Power is for the Blisseys and ferrothorns.

Tremors (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Dugtrio is a d*** to many OU pokemon e.g. the likes of Heatran, Raikou, Tyranitar and even Mega Lopunny. Once they're down, it's Hurricane season all year round thanks to Pidgeot. Dugtrio is a bit of a lame hazard setter but it's niche for getting rid of said threats is universal in and on itself LOL. Memento is to make sure it doesn't get set up on.

Shuriken (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Starmie is my second most beloved pokemon on this team due to just how useful it can be. It provides the rapid spins and sponges a lot of hits to some degree. Reflect type is a great but unrated move for reasons unown (see what I did there?) it allows it stop Ferrothorns leech seed, takes on it's counters i.e. Pursuit Bisharp and Tyranitar. Then it's only a matter of switching Trio in as they try to set up, that, or I could always have the option of burning them down with the 80% chance to burn, Scald.

Well that's it everybody, hope you enjoyed my run down about my team. And most importantly, I hope to get some great feed backs when I return. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Beam
- U-turn

EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Thunders (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

BulletBill (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tremors (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Shuriken (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Update:
Thanks a lot for all the updated feed backs everyone, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Interesting set. I do have a few suggestions for you, though.

For starters, why not give Raikou a Choice Specs to hit harder and Scizor Life Orb to make them hit harder and give them better advantage? With Raikou, a Choice Specs would allow it to hit a hell of a lot harder, and it helps that he has Volt Switch under his belt in case you predict a Pokemon you don't want to come across. That, and I feel that Raikou's Special Defense is only decent at best. Sure, an Assault Vest may help, but since his main gimmick is to hit hard and fast, why not switch the Assault Vest in favour of a Choice Specs? As for Scizor, Opting out a Choice Band for a Life Orb and switching either Pursuit or Superpower in favour of Swords Dance would be a decent choice as well, and would keep your team from being redundant with choice items if you use Choice Specs Raikou. Swords Dance would make his move Bullet Punch an absolute nuke, hitting a huge portion of the metagame with a +2 Bullet Punch for ludicrous damage. Keeping either Pursuit or Superpower is purely up to you.

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What I think About Your Team First Glance

This team depends alot on hazard removal and Dugtrio's sash. Dugtrio has to trap alot and be alive for a extended period possibly in games which for a mon as fragile as is can be hard to maintain. This team doesn't really have any Lopunny switch ins, you should possibly consider finding some or make sure hazards are gone and Dugtrio can reversal kill it.

How You Can Improve Your Team

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost/Work Up
- U-turn

Hyper beam does not help you in anyway, it may get you one kill but it can make you a set up fodder and could cost you a game. Roost or Work Up would benefit you more. Roost being as you can keep your Pidgeot longer during the game. Work Up you can become a scary sweeper with very few things out speeding you and taking your hits. Dugtrio on your team should be able to remove most of your counters making the work up set a thing to definitely consider.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

This azu's goal is to lure in and eliminate Rotom's for your Pidgeot.
Jolly nature gives you the ability to outspeed no speed Rotom's and
bop them leaving you still alive and wanting to eliminate more mons.
The speed also lets you outspeed slow Mega Venusaur doing nice damage where you can pressure it to no longer be a check for your raikou.
Conclusion
Nice Core. Decent Build could use a little work. Definitely a nice attempt at this core.
I wish you massive success buddy and hope you take my changes into consideration.

Last edited:

vesper

d u k e v e s p e r
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey cool team dude, here are some thoughts I have that could potentially make the team better.

I think Mega Pidgeot does especially well right now. It's a pokemon I've been using a lot as of lately. A niche Mega Pidgeot excels at is its high capability of breaking through stall teams with the correct set. Your team doesn't necessarily do too well against typical stall, as none of your mons are too strong. The mons that are strong are hard walled by the likes of Quagsire. Raikou does extremely poor against stall as it's hard walled by usually half the amount of members on typical stall mons. (You could expect the likes of Chansey, Clefable, Quagsire, Amoonguss, Seismitoad, Specially Defensive Heatran etc.) on a typical stall team.

I recommend utilizing Mega Pidgeot's amazing ability to break stall and changing the set completely.

Heat Wave / Hyper Beam / U-turn -> Work Up / Refresh / Roost

Although Heat Wave is an incredibly solid move on Pidgeot, moves like Hurricane already do a respectable amount to mons such as Ferrothorn and Scizor. In combination with Work Up, can break through other bulky steels, namely Skarmory. The combination of Work Up / Refresh / Roost allows you to 1v1 Chansey, which is a mon the team has incredible trouble with. At +4, Hurricane 2HKOs a standard Chansey set of 252 HP. As Chansey statuses you, you can work up, refresh off the status, roost, and continue to rinse/repeat the process.

+4 252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 354-417 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

->

Dugtrio to Heatran
Your team is not too weak to the likes of opposing tran that you're needed to run Dugtrio. I'd also recommend a more reliable rocker, as you don't get Dugtrio in on a lot of priority. Heatran helps against birds, as your team's bird resist is an offensive check which isn't the most reliable thing. Stealth Rock, Lava Plume, Earth Power, Stone Edge is the set I would recommend running on Heatran with the Specially Defensive set. I recommend running Heatran as your stealth rocker, as it's a bit more consistent and does better against all match-ups overall. Running Earth Power also helps against opposing Heatran, in which you seemed to want to beat. Running Work Up on Mega Pidgeot and two water types should lessen the necessity of Dugtrio on this team. This set will help the overall defensive structure of the team. Although not too well, Heatran can take two hits consecutive Knock Offs from Life Orb Weavile. It also takes a hit from Bisharp, and is able to retaliate against both with a Lava Plume. Heatran's specially defensive part helps switch into mons like Life Orb Lati@s and Raikou with ease. The important mons it takes hits from are flying types like Talonflame and Tornadus-T, as they're both two common flying types in OU that Assault Vest Raikou does not outspeed. Stone Edge helps with every variant of Talonflame, which the team struggles with both Offensive and the Specially defensive taunt set. Heatran also is a nice substitute for the lack of Heat Wave on Mega Pidgeot. Toxic can also be run to shut down set up sweepers like Charizard X and Gyarados which can completely clean sweep your team once it's broken down a bit or in conjunction with a few entry hazards.

The last change I'd like to mention is only a minor items switch. With these builds, since there is already a specially defensive Heatran, I recommend changing your Raikou to something of a more offensive nature. I recommend changing Assault Vest to Wise Glasses/Zap Plate as Assault Vest just is not really needed to work with the team once you have Spdef Tran. If you're going for a more offensive build, it's nice to build your team to make sure it's not passive. As I said with Heatran, toxic can be run over Shadow Ball to make sure you're not setup fodder for Zard X.

Conclusion:
Stallbreaker Pidgeot
Specially Defensive Heatran
A more offensively orientated Raikou

Pretty decent team all in all, it may still have some troubles but overall I think these fixes will help the team. Here are the sets

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power / Toxic
- Stone Edge

Raikou @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball / Toxic

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Roost
- Refresh
- Hurricane
[\hide]

Last edited:
Bad...Your team have a weak for the core talon+celebi and volt-turn destroys you. recommend changing something for defensive Garchomp because bisharp and talonflame and Mega charizard X at times can cause you serious problems.

I actually like this offensive team.

The only thing i think you not exploit at your best is the momentum given by your volturn core.

You should exploit the momentum given by the volturn core by letting some breakers in to destroy everything. But you have no breakers. I can suggest you to put LO starmie with BoltBeam + Hydro to successfully fill this role. This way you have another mon that does huge damages alongside Mpidgeot.

You can try calm mind and leftovers on Raikou and remove shadow ball in order to both keep the volturn core and have another win condition.

The team is cool, so yeah, try these changes imo. Hope I helped and nice team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)