Pet Mod Mega Revolution

This was written before the balance changes bellow
for the sake of consistency i will keep writing about the pokemon here
thinking about their state pre balance changes

I've been a player since 2014 but didn't take competitive seriously until 2016, even then i'm on the more casual side
i rarely do laddering, rarely use convencional teams, and rarely do well. That is because i prefer to have fun with various gimmick
sets and odd team archetypes like trick room. This translates into poor knowledge about current metagame and teambuilding.
This means that anything about competitive i'm going to say here is probably going to be wrong or questionable to better players,
feel free to take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

While this isn't my first language i'm actually almost fluent at it, however, both in my native language and english i have poor grammar,
i'm just too lazy to memorize grammatical rules, so i'll use a spell checker, even then some misspellings and oddly ordered sentences
may slip up sometimes. I apologize in advance.

I hate writing, the only reason i can bother doing this is because i can do it with a keyboard, i know nothing about writing proper
essays, so i'm bound to make mistakes like being overly verbose on some obvious things and too vague on things that would need
to be explained better.
TL;DR: I'm far from a decent competitive player or a average writer, take all that i say here with a grain of salt bucket of seawater.

I don't think i'll be capable to test and write my thoughts about every individual pokemon but here's my preliminary VR
Note: This is mi opinion, i can be wrong and it can change.

S Pokemon that provide dominant or multifaceted presences within the metagame. Whether it's through offensive, defensive, or supportive roles.
:salamence-mega:
A Pokemon that are also defining but don't quite provide the same extent of splashability, utility, or centralization as what's in S.
:banette-mega:, :pinsir-mega:, :sharpedo-mega:, :medicham-mega:, :scizor-mega:, :lucario-mega:, :charizard-mega-x:
B+ Pokemon that have solid places in the tier, but aren't as necessarily defining or consistent despite making their presences known.
:houndoom-mega:, :charizard-mega-y:, :tyranitar-mega:, :gengar-mega:, :kangaskhan-mega:, :garchomp-mega:
B Pokemon with defined niches that may run into more restrictions that prevent consistent usage, as well as Pokemon with untapped yet firm potential
:gyarados-mega:, :heracross-mega:, :slowbro-mega:, :blastoise-mega:, :Metagross-Mega:
C Pokemon that have their uses but are often outclassed or more inconsistent.
:ampharos-mega:, :venusaur-mega:

i've been told to remove Eviolite Venusaur from this, i'll just state i see it as the only decent new eviolite user and i see it as
a better choice than Arbosaur.

now onto individual thoughts on pokemon i have tested these days

Arbosaur

At first glance this pokemon seems like an Appletun with worse bulk and lack of access to recover, testing a few teams with it
did not change much these thoughts. It has a few niches over it like access to sleep powder, knock off, flamethrower and earth power.
Even then in the OU tier this pokemon has a rough time finding a place in any team, facing competition on the defensive grass side
with Tangrowth and Amoonguss and being rendered worthless in the defensive dragon side by Starietta. If for some reason you
feel like trying a offensive set let me tell you in advance its a waste of time, being directly outclassed on those fields by the likes of
SD Kartana, Growth Venusaur and DD Dragonite.

Wall

Arbosaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

This set groups most of the tools it has over appletun, the 40 speed evs reach 222 speed, that's 1 point above
adamant ttar and 2 points above 252 base 60 speed pokemon, the benchmark was relevant in the past,
but pokemon like azumarill and offensive ttar are rarely seen nowadays so it may not mean as much, its worth noting
that many walls like heatran and moltres still use similar speed benchmarks. Def vs SpD depends a lot on your team
but the stats lean naturally towards a SpD set, knock off and sleep powder are the main reason to use this pokemon
over appletun, if you don't need sleep (misty terrain, electric terrain and defensive grass types are rather common) you can use
synthesis or earth power over the sleep powder slot to improve the recovery of this pokemon or deal with pokemon like heatran.
If this is your main switch in to other grass types running flamethrower allows you to 2hko ferrothorn and rocky helmet tangrowth.

Dragon Dance

Arbosaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Dragon Hammer
- Dragon Dance

There's not much reason to use this over offensive grass types like kartana or offensive dragon types
like dragonite, garchomp and salamence. Its underpowered and just as prone to be revenge killed by choice scarfers and rarities
like ice shard. Under screens with weakness policy this set can clean teams very well but that can be said about any
other pokemon.

Other Options: This pokemon is outclassed in other offensive sets by dragon types, venusaur and kartana so this is really all
i think it can do decently.

This pokemon is a good partner for steel types that appreciate a ground and a fire resist like aegislash, melmetal and magearna.

Overall, i think this pokemon is directly outclassed by other pokemon in the tier, pokemon that can do the same and more while
requiring less team support, this pokemon could drop down to RU and be a top tier threat there, its not weak, its not bad, it just can't
compete.
I think this pokemon is underpowered.

With the ability to use eviolite Venusaur gains a massive boost to bulk that allows it to compete against the likes of Tangrowth and
Amoonguss on even footing just by raw stats alone, but can it really make use of it ?.

The bulk is way higher than its original mega form, but the lack of access to thick fat, hidden power fire and knock off taking away
all that bulk make it work like a far weaker alternative.

Venusaur @ Eviolite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

This variant is a really decent partner for Heatran, absorbing grass, ground, and fighting type moves aimed at it, but it can't really
switch into the likes of Tangrowth, Rillaboom, Kartana, Toxapex, Clefable and Tapu Fini without being afraid of getting hit by knock off
and if that happens it becomes inferior to its competition. Overall the usage of eviolite can be recognized in team preview and played
around easily. 56 evs in speed reach 210 speed, that outspeeds adamant crawdaunt, kinda important to stall but rarely seen.

I think this can be strong but requires a lot of team support, particularly a knock off absorber, hazard control and a extra ground resist.

Scawsert

When this won i was disappointed, i thought its lack of access to calm mind or nasty plot would force it to run choiced sets, and even
with access to swords dance nobody would use it with though claws and scale shot just because the original garchomp already did that
with better physical stats and slighty superior coverage, because of this i thought there was little reason to run this over the likes of gengar
and latios, but after testing it i found it to be good enough, its access to moves like secret sword and earth power give it an edge
when it comes to coverage.

Choiced

Scawsert @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Secret Sword
- Draco Meteor

Just max/max evs, coverage and clicking buttons, do i need to say more ?, Scarf is what i recommend because of the amount of dragon
dancers in the tier, this is used as a revenge killer, that is all there is to it. A choiced specs can be used, it changes its role into that of a
wallbreaker.

Stealth Rock

Scawsert @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Secret Sword
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Mainly used as a lead for more offensive teams, fire blast can be used over earth power for more immediate power and you can run
a berry or focus sash over life orb.

Other Options: You can try to use swords dance and though claws on a physical attacker set with close combat, eathquake, and poison jab
or a sub petaya set to boost its spa, neither of these will get far. Just use swords dance garchomp or calm mind latios for a better experience.
I think this pokemon is ok please give it dragon dance or work up please

These are my thoughts so far, i'm feeeling too lazy to write more for today. i'll edit this later (in the end i felt too lazy to continue this, sorry) to add my thoughts on the chars, the bugs,
the shark, the dragon that is too tanky and the ghost that should not have priority strenght sap. Poor Galapagon, Haze Pex and CM Fini invalidate
it and Rillaboom is its sleep paralyzis demon.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok. After the playtesting Tour, yesterday, (thanks to everyone who participated btw) the council has decided to do some altercations to certain problematic Pokémon, while also buffing a few of the low tier mons.

:ss/Salamence-Mega:
Starietta
95 / 80 / 105 / 95 / 125 / 100
-Boomburst, -U-turn

Starietta was proven to be way too bulky, while having STAB Aerialate BB to maintain offensive presense versus offensive threats, while U-turn allows it to always maintain momentum. It was so bulky, we have games of it avoiding the 2hko from CB Lucario, and Melmetal's Ice Punch, and another set was able to beat a healthy Specs Tapu Koko in a 1v1. It was simply too good, so a big reduction in its bulk, removal of Boomburst and U-turn was done.

:ss/banette-mega:
Zipette
-Parting Shot, -Strength Sap
+Moonlight, +U-turn

Zipette isn't outright broken like Starietta, but it's utility options were considered too efficient for its own
good. Being able to almost always guarantee that it can get out safely with priority pivoting that also gets in its replacement safe is an extremely useful tool, and Strength Sap providing health versus all of our physical wallbreakers while simultaneously allowing Banette to wall them makes for an annoying cycle. These tools were replaced with less volatile options that allow it to still achieve similar results.

:ss/ampharos-mega:
Ramjestic
+Calm Mind, +Moonblast

Ramjestic was too deemed far too passive, so Calm Mind and Moonblast were added to allow it to maintain a strong offensive presense while still performing it's role as a bulky attacker.

:ss/venusaur-mega:
Arbosaur
+Bulk Up, +Calm Mind, +Recover

Arbosaur is awkward because while it has unique options that differentiate it from other bulky grasses, it wasn't enough to solidify it's niche. So we added better long term recovery and the ability to be a boosting sweeper on both sides of the spectrum to offer versatility.

:ss/Gyarados-Mega:
Lordiathan
+20 Speed, -10 SpA

Finally Lordiathan was seen as an inferior set up sweeper to its prevo Gyarados, thanks to the latter having abilities better suited for sweeping, the option of Eviolite and most importantly hitting a much better speed tier. Lordiathan being outsped by Tapu Koko at +1 essentially gave it a death sentence. So we bumped up speed quite a bit, making it not only creep past Koko, but actually outpace Gyarados, giving it more reason to see usage.

Now that that is out o the way, we can start our next slate...

Slate 7: Low Tier Lords

:ss/Glalie-Mega: :ss/Abomasnow-Mega: :ss/Audino-Mega:

Requirements

- All 3 mons are treated as regular evolutions, and have up to +50 bst to distribute.
- Glalie-Mega must keep its Ice typing; Abomasnow-Mega must remain Grass/Ice; Audino-Mega must keep its Fairy typing.
- Glalie and Audino have a 3 ability limit, while Abomasnow has a 2 ability limit.

Have fun submitting!

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Mega being Revolved: Abomasnow
New Pokémon Name: Himayeti
Stats: 85/132/55/102/65/105
Typing: Grass/Ice
Abilities: Snow Warning | Ice Body
Movepool Additions:
Niche: A different Snow Warning user as it doesn't use it for Veil or Blizzard, but rather for the chip damage and negating Leftovers. It has a solid speed tier, and, with Swords Dance, hits pretty hard. Icicle Crash is its main STAB, and it uses Seed Bomb and Earthquake to fill in gaps.

Mega being Revolved: Audino
New Pokémon Name: Faerapy
Stats: 118 / 105 / 86 / 60 / 86 / 40
Typing: Normal / Fairy
Abilities: Healer / Regenerator | Klutz
Movepool Additions: Teleport, Play Rough
Niche: WishPort with Regen provides a lot of team support. It becomes a Clefable-like, but uses its physical attack. Body Slam paralysis spreads is more support, and it has a wide physical movepool with Play Rough, the elemental punches, Zen Headbutt and Stomping Tantrum.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:ss/audino-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Virtuodio Virtuoso + Audio
Stats: 108 / 65 / 91 / 90 / 91 / 50 (BST: 495)
Typing:

Abilities: Healer / Regenerator / Cute Charm
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Moonlight, Volt Switch, Snarl
Niche: What you can expect from a Fairy Regenerator pivot. I tried keeping its defences relatively low not to make it overbearing, most stats went into SpA. Could probably run an AV set or a full on Utility Cleric one.

:ss/glalie-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Horrfrost Hoarfrost + Horror
Stats: 80 / 95 / 75 / 95 / 75 / 110 (BST: 530)
Typing:

Abilities: Inner Focus / Ice Body / Refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Rapid Spin, Quick Attack, Hyper Voice, Head Charge, Earth Power, U-turn, Work Up, Fake Out
Niche: It makes up for its low stats in an incredibly efficient use of its double typing and of its access to Refrigerate. Physical Sets are very threatning to offense while it's special ones have very few switch ins.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega being Revolved: Mega Glalie
New Pokémon Name: Glacaw (Glacier + Jaw)
Stats: 85 | 115 | 60 | 95 | 60 | 115 (530)
Typing:

Abilities: Ice Body | Refrigerate | Strong Jaw (HA)
Movepool Additions: Jaw Lock, Psychic Fangs, Hyper Voice
Niche: Glacaw is meant to be a stallbreaker and trapper thanks to Jaw Lock. It has Freeze Dry for Water-types and Earthquake for Steel- and Poison-types. When running a special set, Glacaw can still use Jaw Lock for a suprise hit on Blissey. Even with it doesn't 2HKO it has Fake Tears and really screw up special walls. Alternatively it can be used as a lead, with Spikes, Taunt and Refrigerate Explosion. It has Weather Ball too, if you really want to run it on Weather Teams. Trapping yourself with Jaw Lock sucks, but you can run Block instead.
Physical Trapper
Glacaw @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Jaw Lock
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Spikes

Suicide Lead
Glacaw @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Spikes

Special Trapper
Glacaw @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Refrigerate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Block
- Fake Tears

Mega being Revolved: Mega Abomasnow
New Pokémon Name: Blizzyet (Blizzard + Yeti)
Stats: 100 | 107 | 50 | 107 | 105 | 85 (544)
Typing:

Abilities: Snow Warning | Skill Link (HA)
Movepool Additions: Freeze Dry, Rock Blast, Arm Thrust, Superpower, Power Gem, Calm Mind
Niche: Blizzyet serves as a Set-up Sweeper and as an All-Out Attacker with its coverage and status moves. With Set-up options in SD and CM it can snowball, pun intended, through a team. Alternatively it can be a great team support with Leech Seed, Aurora Veil, Icy Wind and Block. Like Glacaw it can trap for any teams, also weather teams, because it has Weather Ball. It faces competition from Herascarab as a Skill Link user and it has an awful defensive typing, which definitively holds it back
Swords Dance Attacker
Blizzyet @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Calm Mind Attacker
Blizzyet @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind

Team Support
Blizzyet @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Aurora Veil

Choice Band Attacker
Blizzyet @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Mega being Revolved: Mega Audino
New Pokémon Name: Eavricin (Eavesdrop + Medicine)
Stats: 118 | 75 | 86 | 75 | 86 | 55 (495)
Typing:

Abilities: Healer | Immunity | Regenerator (HA)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Bulk Up, Play Rough
Niche: Eavricin is a slow bulky Set-up sweeper (man, I really like those). I has an immense movepool, giving it many coverage options and in combination with good bulk, good typing, Immunity and a set-up move of your choice and it is a force to be reckoned with. Alternatively it can be a wish passer with its high HP stat and Regenerator. It lacks a pivoting move in Teleport, so it doesn't push it over the edge. It has over ways to support its team with options like Knock Off, Encore, Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Yawn, Trick Room, Thunder Wave and many more. It can really fit onto every team.
Bulk Up Attacker
Eavricin @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Bulk Up

Calm Mind Attacker
Eavricin @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Wish Passer
Eavricin @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:
:ss/glalie-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Freetrix
Stats: 80+60+70+125+95+120 = 530
Typing:

Abilities: Competitive / Ice Body / Refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Glalie Moveset + Hyper Voice, Psyshock, Glare
Niche: Fast special hitter.

New Pokémon Name: Bonsaieed
Stats: 110+90+120+50+160+14=544
Typing:

Abilities: Snow Warning, Thick Fat
Movepool Additions: Abomasnow Moveset + Slack Off, Seismic Toss, Curse
Niche: Stall Wall. Super Defensive.

Last edited:

New Pokémon Name: Notaklu (“Not a clue”)
Stats: 103 / 70 / 80 / 97 / 105 / 40 (495 BST)
Typing:
Normal
Fairy-type

Abilities: Healer / Regenerator / Synchronise
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Foul Play, Circle Throw
Niche: I think we learned from the Starietta incident enough to be more careful when distributing defensive stats. Keeping in mind this has Regen, I opted against giving it a better recovery option than wish, and didn’t change its typing to some of the crazy combos the Fairy type allows. However, with very solid special bulk, I think it can pull off some very reliable AV sets by making use of its incredibly versatile offensive movepool (seriously, it has everything from Knock Off to BoltBeam). I didn’t give it pivot moves because playing against slow regen pivots is always a pain imo.

New Pokémon Name: Frostinae (frost + dynastinae)
Stats: 80 / 105 / 60 / 115 / 60 / 110 (530 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Inner Focus / Tinted Lens / Refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Megahorn, Bug Buzz, First Impression, Fell Stinger, Quick Attack, Hyper Voice, Rapid Spin, Thrash, Scorching Sands, Swords Dance
Niche: I tried to make something of the horrendous Bug/Ice typing, and came to the conclusion that Tinted Lens is one of the only ways to redeem it. You end up with a pokemon that has to choose between powerful Ice stabs and hitting Steel and Fire types. Swords Dance means the physical sets can become very powerful, but keep in mind it pretty much has to run boots and has paper bulk, which is what I tried to balance it around. Physical Refrigerate sets have a lower attacking stat but access to Eq while special sets are more spammable with higher acc moves but have scorching sands as coverage.

New Pokémon Name: Blizzarex (blizzard + rex)
Stats: 90 / 130 / 85 / 99 / 85 / 55 (544 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Snow Warning / Grassy Surge
Movepool Additions: High Horsepower, Icicle Crash
Niche: Either a hail / aurora veil setter, with decent bulk and high attack, or a grassy terrain priority user that uses Ice Shard and Grassy Glide to compensate for its low speed. I tried to make it have advantages and disadvantages over Rillaboom, so that one didn’t outclass the other: Blizzarex has the benefit of having a double typing, higher attack, and can use its stab to punish common grass switch-ins. However, it can’t pivot and has a much worse typing defensively, having to choose between power and longevity (Choice Band or Boots).

Last edited:
Mega being Revolved: Glalie
New Pokémon Name: Mouthsnoow
Stats: 80/90/110/80/80/90 BST: 530
Typing: Ice/Dark
Abilities: Strong Jaw/Refrigerate HA: Moody
Movepool Additions: Glalie + Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Hyper Fang, Beat Up, Rapid Spin, Curse, Aurora Veil
Niche:

Mega being Revolved: Audino
New Pokémon Name: Earurse
Stats: 103/60/106/70/106/50 BST: 495
Typing: Fairy/Psychic
Abilities: Healer/ Unaware HA: Serene Grace
Movepool Additions: Audino + Recover, Stealth Rocks, Iron Defense, Soak, Moonblast, Topsy Turvy, Prismatic Laser
Niche:

Mega being Revolved: Abomasnow
New Pokémon Name: Avalapine
Stats: 90/102/105/82/105/70 BST: 544
Typing: Ice/Grass
Abilities: Snow Warning HA: Thick Fat
Movepool Additions: Abomasnow + Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, Fissure, Dig, Bulk Up, Strength Sap, Endure, Life Dew, Liquidation
Niche:

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
If there is ONE Mega Evolution I would say is better off an evolution instead is Mega Audino. Either way, you should take Eviolite into consideration as Audino will certainly use it.

New Po kémon Name: Ferostbite (Ferocious + frostbite)
Stats: 80 HP / 100 ATK / 60 DEF / 100 SPA / 60 SPD / 130 Speed (530 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Strong Jaw / Ice Body | Refrigerate
Movepool Additions: Power Gem, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Hyper Voice, Flash Cannon, Stealth Rock, Reflect, Meteor Beam, Triple Axel, Earth Power
Niche: Refrigerate Revenge Killer, or Meteor Beam win-con Special Sweeper. While 130 Speed is demonic when compared to other Revolutions, it also have to contend with horrible defensive typing, especially against Fighting and Steel, and despite big coverage, also have average Attack and Special Attack it have no way to boost (outside of Meteor Beam which is not recommended without Power Herb).

New Pokémon Name: Yeterror (Yeti + Terror)
Stats: 90 HP / 112 ATK / 75 DEF / 82 SPA / 95 SPD / 90 Speed (544 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Snow Warning | Skill Link
Movepool Additions: Leaf Storm, Lash Out, Triple Axel, Rock Blast, Fury Attack, Arm Thrust, Ice Fang, Bite, Crunch, Pin Missile
Niche: Aurora Veil support like Alolan Ninetales, or capitalizing on the Skill Link ability for wallbreaking power. 90 Speed can be used in conjuction with Choice Scarf for surprise revenge killing, or set up with Swords Dance whenever possible. Notice that Skill Link makes Icicle Spear to have an effective ~125 base power, while Triple Axel is about ~120 but still with 90% accuracy for first hit, so the latter is better off for Snow Warning sets. It also have mediocre physical bulk on top of troublesome defensive typing.

New Pokémon Name: Noiadaea ("No idea" + fae)
Stats: 103 HP / 74 ATK / 110 DEF / 102 SPA / 66 SPD / 40 Speed (495 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Healer / Regenerator | Frisk
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Flash Cannon, Moonlight, Guard Split, Guard Swap, Sweet Kiss, Lovely Kiss, Captivate, Charm, Defog
Niche: Higher Defense and Special Attack means that it can be used to wall or directly fight against most physical attackers. Calm Mind can be used for set up, but it is not recommended if using against Special Wallbreakers does to a weaker base Special Defense than Audino. The lowered Special Defense was also to not step on Blissey's toes and other Normal-type specially bulky Pokémon. Defog is simply for support and a niche over most other Fairy-type.

G-Luke

:ss/Glalie-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Cobblefrost (Cobblestone + Frost)
Stats: 80 HP / 115 ATK / 70 DEF / 90 SPA / 80 SPD / 95 Speed (530 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Refrigerate / Ice Body | Solid Rock
Movepool Additions: Power Gem, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Hyper Voice, Head Charge, Stealth Rock, Meteor Beam, Quick Attack, Fake Out, Work Up
Niche: A strong Wallbreaker with access to priority options to be able to revenge faster threats. Cobblefrost hits pretty hard with Refrigerate Ice STAB Head Charge, and can set hazards as well.

New Pokémon Name: Titanavut (titanic / titanium + Nunavut)
Stats: 80/100/80/100/80/90 | 530 BST
Typing: Ice/Steel
Abilities: Refrigerate, Inner Focus, Sturdy
Movepool Additions: Steel Beam, Flash Cannon, Hyper Voice, Earth Power
Niche: Primarily a Spikes lead, possibly also a Refrigerate attacker.

New Pokémon Name: Tundreen (tundra + evergreen)
Stats: 90/112/75/102/85/80 | 544 BST
Typing: Grass/Ice
Abilities: Snow Warning, Technician
Movepool Additions: Agility, Needle Arm, Vacuum Wave
Niche: Abomasnow might not be the best hail setter, but Technician gives it more reason to use Ice Shard, Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear, Frost Breath, and perhaps Water Pulse.

New Pokémon Name: Audwanout (auditory + wanton + odd one out)
Stats: 108/61/87/103/86/50 | 495 BST
Typing: Fire/Fairy (I'm not budging on this point. If it's a dealbreaker, so be it.)
Abilities: Healer, Regenerator, Competitive
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Play Rough, Flare Blitz
Niche: Specially offensive Trick Room setter and/or Defog punisher with unique typing.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Mega being Revolved: Glalie
New Pokémon Name: Glastone
Stats: 80/80/90/80/90/110
Typing: Ice/Rock
Abilities: Refrigerate/Sturdy/(Solid Rock)
Movepool Additions: Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, Power Gem, Stone Edge
Niche: Hazard control/Suicide lead. It has Rocks, Spikes, Spin, Taunt and Refrigerate Explosion if it's not running Sturdy. Its defensive typing is not great but... okay there's not much to make up for it. You have to choose between Refrigerate and Sturdy as your abilities, Refrigerate gives you unblockable spin and stronger Explosion while Sturdy lets you run a non Focus Sash item such as Custap Berry.

[Insert belated "Noted, G-Luke" here.]

Hope the testing stuff went okay since I missed it. I tried not to miss this too despite it taking so very long to think of a form of Glalie-Mega I liked, much less a form of Abomasnow-Mega that was at least tolerable. Gods that took way too long.

Mega being Revolved: Glalie-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Skuflake ("skull" + "flake")
Stats: 82 HP / 116 Atk / 74 Def / 74 SpA / 74 SpD / 110 Spe [EDIT #2: To avoid being an accidental exception when it comes to lowering HP (whoops), this goes from 69 HP / 80 Def / 75 SpA / 80 SpD to 82 HP / 74 Def / 74 SpA / 74 SpD just to be fair.]
Typing:
/

Abilities: Levitate / Refrigerate / Oblivious (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Body Press, Curse, Fake Out, Memento, Phantom Force, Poltergeist, Rapid Spin, Shadow Sneak
Niche: It is the fastest and physically strongest spinblockers that cannot have its Rapid Spin blocked even without Refrigerate given most other Ghosts risk getting obliterated by its STABs. I was originally going to give it Strong Jaw as one of its abilities despite us just doing Sharpedo-Mega and despite my intending to make it Ice/Ghost from the beginning since staying pure Ice even as a Mega after Froslass's creation. Then I finally read its Pokédex and saw that Mega Evolution basically breaks its jaw, which is just...sad. So basically it gets two support abilities alongside Refrigerate that either help it come in a bit more if it wants to forego Boots or set up while ignorning Intimidate. I'm not sure how much it would use either, but it's always bothered me clearly floating mons lack Levitate, and Oblivious at least lets it set up Spikes freely in addition to now having Curse and Memento. Finally, while I do sort of want to give it Shadow Bone or Shadow Claw for a more reliable physical Ghost STAB, it unfortunately lacks the limbs for flavor to fit. It likely already has a enough power besides, and it at least incentivizes slightly less Knock Off spam if you're using it.

Mega being Revolved: Abomasnow-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Crystalee ("crystal" + "tree"; shoutout to SaGa Frontier)
Stats: 100 HP / 97 Atk / 80 Def / 102 SpA / 85 SpD / 85 Spe [EDIT: Whoops, somehow forgot to change Crystalee's Speed from 60 to 85 despite that being what I dumped literally half of the stat increases into--go me.]
Typing:
/

Abilities: Snow Warning / Storm Drain (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Fake Out, Freeze-Dry, Horn Leech, Parting Shot, Power Gem, Work Up
Niche: I had to think very long and hard about how to keep Crystalee as the mixed attacker that both Abomasnow and its original Mega form are intended to be, especially since we only had half of the additional stat boost of the initial Mega to work with. I didn't want to murder its Speed again, but I also couldn't make it blindly fast without murder its other stats, which I also didn't want to do. I also initially had wanted to keep it more physically oriented and give it Water Absorb just so that it had the niche of being a physical Grasser attack that didn't have to fear Scald's stupid burns. I decided to go with more Special Attack and Storm Drain, however, given Hail's sole support of Ice attacks still only extends to Blizzard--sigh.

As for the actual niche of this things, sort of like with my Lucario-Mega entry, it's meant to be a decently strong mixed attacker with a Nidoking speed and with methods that allow it to muscle past Blissey and Chansey. Of course, no form of Abomasnow-Mega can otherwise be comparable to Lucario-Mega's absurdity, even reduced as it was to Kylario. So Crystalee can only "muscle" past Blissey and Chansey in the sense that it can SubSeed in their faces now that it has 100 HP. It got a few moves, including the rare pivot move that I'm willing to give out, given it frankly otherwise still needs all the help it can get with all of its myriad weaknesses even if it has nice resistances.

Mega being Revolved: Audino-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Nurseheary ("nurse" + "hear" + "-y"; a pun on "nursery")
Stats: 105 HP / 75 Atk / 90 Def / 75 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Healer / Regenerator / Triage (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Curse, Foul Play, Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Play Rough
Niche: Due to now having Triage, it has the fastest Wishes and Healing Wishes in the game despite its low Speed. The latter should be fine despite Triage making it +3 since Healing Wish is already used only on Choice Scarf mons anyway, and thus mostly only ever stopped via the mon in question getting Taunted on incoming or switching into a Prankster mon with Taunt anyway. Outside of that, it's a mostly defensive mon that gets to keep Regenerator and its Normal typing so that it's a bit more defensively vulnerable than it would otherwise be by being neutral to Fighting. Since it doesn't have as much HP as Alomomola or Amoonguss, doesn't have nearly as much defense as Toxapex, and doesn't have the Slow-family's pivoting, it shouldn't be too obnoxious as a Regenerator even if the ability is still fundamentally dumb. While mainly still a defensive mon, it can set up on either side of the spectrum with its new abilities or deter other mons trying to set-up in front of it with Foul Play, which seemed fine to give it given it already got Knock Off, Snatch, and, of all things, Throat Chop already. Offensively, Triage works with both Drain Punch and the now STAB Draining Kiss, but that's it, and neither of those actually powerful without set-up even if Triage Drain Punch probably lets it do something silly like always revenge kill Bisharp (who, frankly, deserves it). (I would rather not give it Mystical Fire to be honest, but unfortunately the majority of Fairy types do get Mystical Fire now for some reason unless they're plant-like, so....)

Last edited:
Mega being Revolved::abomasnow-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Abofrost
Stats: 120, 112, 75, 112, 75, 50
Typing: Grass, Ice
Abilities: Snow Warning, Soundproof
Movepool Additions: Triple Axel, Recover, Spikes, SR
Niche: Suicide lead with spikes, veil, everything

Mega being Revolved::glalie-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Jawrozen
Stats: 80, 80, 100, 80, 100, 90
Typing: Steel, Ice
Abilities: Refrigerate, Strong Jaw, Filter
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Recover, Steel Beam, Flash Cannon
Niche: Wall

Mega being Revolved::audino-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Maidino
Stats: 103, 30, 102, 128, 102, 30
Typing: Fairy
Abilities: Healer, Regenerator, Misty Surge
Movepool Additions: Soft-Boiled
Niche: Wall/CM sweeper

Last edited:
Personally i'm not a fan of the slow bulky approach most subs are taking since these pokemon are in low tier
because of their poor defensive typing and low speed, and here in mega revo that's a bigger problem because
pokemon like Kylario, Mediscend, Scawsert, Coleoptyran, and Gnashark can just break them before they even move.

New Pokémon Name: Yukoni (Yuki + oni)
Stats: 85 / 70 / 80 / 130 / 70 / 95
Typing:

Abilities: Refrigerate / Ice Body / Slush Rush
Movepool Additions: Stealth Rock, Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Metal Sound, Iron Defense, Nature Power, Terrain Pulse,
Rapid Spin, Energy Ball, Hyper Voice, Work Up, Roar, Stuff Cheeks, Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere.
Niche:
This pokemon stands out as a powerful special wallbreaker that can either hit hard with refrigerate boosted attacks
or a hail sweeper thanks to Slush Rush, among its new status moves are work up/nasty plot to boost its offences, stuff cheeks (for
interesting salac or petaya berry sets) and stealth rock support, can also spin now and its not weak to stealth rock.

Note: Moves in bold might be too strong and i don't mind removing them.

New Pokémon Name: Stocheulich (Storm + Abscheulichkeit)
Stats: 105 / 125 / 70 / 72 / 70 / 102
Typing:

Abilities: Snow Warning / Soundproof
Movepool Additions: Icicle Crash, Power Whip, U-Turn
Niche: A fast yet fragile physical attacker with weaknesses to common attacking types and stealth rock
can work as a decent hail setter with access to aurora veil and u-turn, or attempt to sweep with swords dance.

New Pokémon Name: Eleganora (Elegant + Sonora)
Stats: 103 / 40 / 86 / 86 / 70 / 110
Typing:

Abilities: Healer / Regenerator / Pixilate
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, Moonblast, Lovely Kiss, Nasty Plot, Trick, Recover, Follow Me, Fake Out.
Niche: A fast set up sweeper with interesting typing and regenerator, its lack of immediate power its compensated by its ability to
set-up and wide support movepool. Can also use pixilate for a stronger hyper voice fairy stab, or use trick while using a choiced item.
Audino has amazing special coverage and this evolution can make great use of it.

Last edited:
New Pokémon Name: Uhbliveeus
Stats: 133/40/86/80/106/50
Typing: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Healer/Regenerator/Oblivious
Movepool Additions: Teleport
Niche: Oh wow I just self inserted because this pokemon's niche as the same as mine, being a fat piece of shit. Unlike me however it can do more than that such as the coveted wishport that everyone loves. Also on top of that it's regenerator wish port. That's right fuckers this thing will be the bane of your existance, bow down to your new cream puff queen!

G-Luke

New Pokémon Name: Audwanout (auditory + wanton + odd one out)
Stats: 84/101/85/102/73/50 | 495 BST
Typing: Fire/Fairy
Abilities: Healer, Regenerator, Magic Guard
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Play Rough, Flare Blitz
Niche: Mixed offensive Trick Room setter with unique typing.

New Pokémon Name: Eleganora (Elegant + Sonora)
Stats: 103 / 40 / 86 / 86 / 70 / 110
Typing:

Abilities: Healer / Regenerator / Pixilate
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, Moonblast, Poltergeist, Hex, Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp, Perish Song, Lovely Kiss, Nasty Plot, Trick, Recover,
Follow Me, Fake Out.
Niche: A fast set up sweeper with interesting typing and regenerator, its lack of immediate power its compensated by its ability to
set-up and wide support movepool. Can also use pixilate for a stronger hyper voice fairy stab, or use trick while using a choiced item.
Audino has amazing special coverage and this evolution can make great use of it.
Just chipping in to say these Pokemon are cool, but do not feel like Audino evolutions in the slightest. They don't share typing, and in the case of Mygavolt, even lose HP upon evolution (only Shedinja does that). I just don't feel comfortable slating these.

New Pokémon Name: Uhbliveeus
Stats: 133/40/86/80/106/50
Typing: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Healer/Regenerator/Oblivious
Movepool Additions: Teleport
Niche: Oh wow I just self inserted because this pokemon's niche as the same as mine, being a fat piece of shit. Unlike me however it can do more than that such as the coveted wishport that everyone loves. Also on top of that it's regenerator wish port. That's right fuckers this thing will be the bane of your existance, bow down to your new cream puff queen!
This is just too bulky. Please reduce the bulk of this by a fair bit.

Voting will start once this is all sorted!

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

1. Gravity Monkey - Horrfrost
  2. Gyltia - Frostinae
  3. JojoBoss247 - Freetrix

1. Gyltia - Blizzarex
  2. Ema Skye - Himayeti
  3. Mygavolt - Tundreen

1. ViZar - Eavricin
  2. Gravity Monkey - Viruodio
  3. Gyltia - Notaklu

It was very difficult to decide on these, especially since Ice is still the most polarized typing in the game unfortunately. These are my votes for now. I'll try to make it clear if I edit them later before this round of voting is done though:

:Glalie-Mega: Glalie-Mega: Mygavolt, Mossy Sandwich, The Damned

:Abomasnow-Mega: Abomasnow-Mega: Samtendo09, Gyltia, JojoBoss247

:Audino-Mega: Audino-Mega: The Damned, El Cadaver, Samtendo09

It was very difficult to decide on these, especially since Ice is still the most polarized typing in the game unfortunately. These are my votes for now. I'll try to make it clear if I edit them later before this round of voting is done though:

:Glalie-Mega: Glalie-Mega: Mygavolt, Mossy Sandwich, The Damned

:Abomasnow-Mega: Abomasnow-Mega: Samtendo09, Gyltia, JojoBoss247

:Audino-Mega: Audino-Mega: The Damned, El Cadaver, Samtendo09
I'm not even here to vote, I just want everyone to recognize how legendary and sneaky this pun is.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)