Do you like JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure?

• YES YES YES

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • It looks too gay

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Hi again Smogon! Welcome to my second RMT. I wanted to build around Mega Tyranitar because I think it is a very threatening mon. I hope you like this team.

Teambuilding Process

First, I picked MegaTyra. It has a titanic bulk that allows it set up in a lot of mon. Also it has a terrifying attack stat, with only one boost it can 2HKO the majority of the tier.

Tyra is too slow and a lot of revenge killers can outspeed it even with one boost. So I looked for a switch to the majority of revenge killers that threat Mega Tyranitar. Then I chose Amoonguss.

Mega Medicham and Hawlucha were very dangerous to my team. I needed a check for these mons and others. I chose Reuniclus.

I chose LandoT because he is the King of OU, also because I needed a ground switch and a SR setter.

I was looking for a defogger and I decided to choose Mantine.

I really needed a mon for speed control and a wallbreaker. So I went for Tapu Koko Specs.

The Team

The Fool (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
Mega Tyranitar is the mon that I wanted to build the team around. It has really fearsomes stats, also good coverage and STAB moves. It is a really offensive beast. It can OHKO and 2HKO a lot of mons at +1.
252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 304-360 (79.5 - 94.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Toxapex: 204-240 (67.3 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Amoonguss: 368-434 (85.3 - 100.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 236-278 (59.4 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Despite its bad double typing, it can set up in a lot of mons due to its incredible bulk.
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 122-146 (35.7 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 260-308 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 252-296 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 284-336 (83.2 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Stone Edge is its most powerful STAB also there is not too much rock resistance on the tier outside of steel types (Fire punch) and ground types (ice punch). I need DD to boost the attack of Mega Tyra, also it gives me opportunities to sweep.
Max attack and max speed are needed to achieve a sweep.
Mega Tyranitar is one of my wallbreakers and my premier set-up sweeper.

Death 13 (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore
There is a lot of revenge killers that can kill Tyranitar even with a boost. Scarf Kartana, Greninja Ash, Keldeo, Scarf Lele, Scarf Chomp, Scarf Landorus-T are very threatening to Mega Tyra. Amoonguss help me on my MU vs these revenge killer and others threats to the team like Koko, Mimikyu and Magearna. Regenerator allows me to use it more aggressively. Spore helps me to give a oportunity to set-up to Tyranitar. Stun Spore helps me with the speed control. HP fire allows me kill Scizor and Kartana.

Achtung Baby (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
Reuniclus is my fighting types check. It is my wincon vs Hawlucha, MegaMedi, MegaPunny. I use these mons as a setup bait for Reuniclus. Also it can beat KyuremB without Icium. A lot of passive mons fears Reuniclus due Magic Guard. 44 Speed evs to outspeed Toxapex. Psyshock is for Chansey and other special walls. Shadow Ball is its more splashable coverage move, also helps me vs other psychic types.

Golden Experience Requiem (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
The best mon on the OU tier, el rei Landorus-T. Landot is my ground switch, my Mega-Mawile check, my SR setter, my Zygarde check. Just the standart set.

Aqua Necklace (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
Mantine is the defogger, also my way to deal with fire types. It can easily beat Landot, the best SR setter on the tier. Haze helps me to deal with setup sweepers, overall Volcarona.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Tapu Koko helps me with the speed control thanks to its amazing speed stat. I went for the specs set because I needed something to hit really hard at the moment. Also I love Tapu Koko. Just the Specs Koko standart set.

Conclusion

So, this is the final result.
Hoopa-U, Mamoswine and Icium KyuremB are very dangerous to my team.
I would really appreciate recommendations to help to improve my team. Feel free to steal it.
Sorry for my bad english and thank you for read.

The Fool (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Death 13 (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Achtung Baby (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Golden Experience Requiem (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Aqua Necklace (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze

Red Hot Chili Peppers (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, nice team. DD Tyranitar is a cool and interesting pokemon in the current meta. The team looks quite solid, but there are a few weaknesses I noticed. First, the team is a bit weak to Tapu Lele and Psychic Spam. Having no steel type means that Alakazam and Lele can run through the team quite easily.

The team also lacks a scarfer. Which means fast pokemon like the already mentioned Alakazam and some setup sweepers can be annoying. Koko is ok speed control, but I feel like a Scarfer would be appreciated. Hopefully I can make changes that help improve the team.

Major Changes

485.png> 785.png: The first main change I suggest is using Heatran over Tapu Koko. I feel like Tapu Koko is the weakest link on the team and can be replaced. Heatran gives you a bulky steel type, which is great for switching into Psychic types like Tapu Lele (only fearing things like Z-Focus Blast). Heatran also helps by trapping Toxapex, who Tyranitar doesn't really want to set up on. I'm using the utility set with Taunt and Stealth Rock. This makes trapping bulky pokemon easier and gives you a rocker (which will be useful later).

787.png> 591.png[optional]: The next possible change would be an AV Bulu over Amoongus. Bulu is an overall better answer to something like Greninja, Tapu Koko or Zygarde (noting a later change), being bulkier and having a better typing. For example, Amoonguss risks getting flinched by Specs Greninja's Dark Pulse, Whereas Bulu can survive two easily and threaten to OHKO both threats I mentioned. Bulu also gives you Grassy Terrain which is great for both your Heatran and Tyranitar. This is an optional change though since Amoonguss still does pretty well.

Minor Changes

645-s.pngchoicescarf.png> leftovers.png: Next I suggest changing Landorus to a Bulky Choice Scarf set. This gives you better speed control and a revenge-killer. The set I'm suggesting has Stone Edge to OHKO Pinsir who is a threat to the team, and either U-turn or Punishment in the last slot. U-turn is a nice way to get momentum whereas Punishment is to hit CM Reuniclus and CM M-Latias after they boosted. The spread is one that was used in a popular OST team, with max speed, quite a bit of HP and Defense to take a hit from Pinsir, Kartana etc. and the rest in attack (there are other bulky scarf Lando spreads you can try though).

579.pngpsychiumz.png > leftovers.png: Lastly, since you have No Z-move user, I suggest using Psychium Z on Reuniclus. This is useful to make sure you always OHKO Hawlucha, who would otherwise 2HKO you first if they're already at +2. This change also means you take less damage from Knock-Off, and you have a stronge nuke to hit anything.

~~

The team might still struggle with some things, such as Pinsir and some SD Kartana sets. So use Landorus and Heatran carefully, don't throw them out if you still need them.

I hope these changes are helpful, good luck with the team :]

Importable
248-m.png787.png579.png645-s.png226.png485.png

Hey, nice team. DD Tyranitar is a cool and interesting pokemon in the current meta. The team looks quite solid, but there are a few weaknesses I noticed. First, the team is a bit weak to Tapu Lele and Psychic Spam. Having no steel type means that Alakazam and Lele can run through the team quite easily.

The team also lacks a scarfer. Which means fast pokemon like the already mentioned Alakazam and some setup sweepers can be annoying. Koko is ok speed control, but I feel like a Scarfer would be appreciated. Hopefully I can make changes that help improve the team.

Major Changes

View attachment 113872> View attachment 113871: The first main change I suggest is using Heatran over Tapu Koko. I feel like Tapu Koko is the weakest link on the team and can be replaced. Heatran gives you a bulky steel type, which is great for switching into Psychic types like Tapu Lele (only fearing things like Z-Focus Blast). Heatran also helps by trapping Toxapex, who Tyranitar doesn't really want to set up on. I'm using the utility set with Taunt and Stealth Rock. This makes trapping bulky pokemon easier and gives you a rocker (which will be useful later).

View attachment 113874> View attachment 113875[optional]: The next possible change would be an AV Bulu over Amoongus. Bulu is an overall better answer to something like Greninja, Tapu Koko or Zygarde (noting a later change), being bulkier and having a better typing. For example, Amoonguss risks getting flinched by Specs Greninja's Dark Pulse, Whereas Bulu can survive two easily and threaten to OHKO both threats I mentioned. Bulu also gives you Grassy Terrain which is great for both your Heatran and Tyranitar. This is an optional change though since Amoonguss still does pretty well.

Minor Changes

View attachment 113877View attachment 113876> View attachment 113878: Next I suggest changing Landorus to a Bulky Choice Scarf set. This gives you better speed control and a revenge-killer. The set I'm suggesting has Stone Edge to OHKO Pinsir who is a threat to the team, and either U-turn or Punishment in the last slot. U-turn is a nice way to get momentum whereas Punishment is to hit CM Reuniclus and CM M-Latias after they boosted. The spread is one that was used in a popular OST team, with max speed, quite a bit of HP and Defense to take a hit from Pinsir, Kartana etc. and the rest in attack (there are other bulky scarf Lando spreads you can try though).

View attachment 113879View attachment 113880> View attachment 113878: Lastly, since you have No Z-move user, I suggest using Psychium Z on Reuniclus. This is useful to make sure you always OHKO Hawlucha, who would otherwise 2HKO you first if they're already at +2. This change also means you take less damage from Knock-Off, and you have a stronge nuke to hit anything.

~~

The team might still struggle with some things, such as Pinsir and some SD Kartana sets. So use Landorus and Heatran carefully, don't throw them out if you still need them.

I hope these changes are helpful, good luck with the team :]

Importable
View attachment 113881View attachment 113874View attachment 113879View attachment 113877View attachment 113882View attachment 113872
Thank you for the rate, I really appreciate it. Very interesting changes.
I really like the idea of using Z-move Reuniclus.
I do not feel sure about quitting to use Amoonguss because it really help me with Spore and Stun Spore, also Kartana could be very dangerous to my team even with Scarf Landot because Grassy Terrain make it harder to kill. Maybe HP Fire Scarf Landot could help me. However Bulu is very interesting.
Heatran looks like a nice addition to the team. I think Tran, Bulu and Mantine form a pretty solid defensive core.
I like the set of Landot for my team, also if I am going to use Heatran, this set looks mandatory for speed control.
Thank you so much. I am going to test the team with these changes.

Reactions: DKM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)