SM OU Mega Venusaur + SD Stonium Garchomp

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
This is my first rmt I decided to build around mega venusaur because i havent been seeing it much but i feel like it deserves more usage

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

To start off we have mega venusaur. This mon is a great special defensive wall and also has the rare poison typing to take care of toxic spikes. I decided to add earthquake to lure in heatran which is a big threat in the current meta.

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

The next mon is clefable. I really like this mon with mega venusaur as being a defensive wall. Clefable deals with big threats like zygardeand hawlucha and switches into most lando sets reliably. I decided to go with cm to help deal with stall.

celesteela.gif

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Celesteela really pulls the team together dealing with common mons like mega scizor and kartana. I really like fairy steel typing together synergises quite well. Celesteela also helps deal with tapu lele and alakazam.

garchomp.gif

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Mega venusaur clefable and celesteela pretty much deal with anything if tran wasnt a mon. Garchomp switches into tran and gets a free sd on it. I initially started with dragonium but someone suggested to use rockium z because it lures in common mons like torn,bulu,tangrowth,zapdos ect. It is also a great wallbreaker and helps me break fatter teams. I picked garchomp over zygarde because i needed more speed.

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Protect

Next is heatran i was a bit worried about mawile and protect can help with ash gren and helps me get rid of toxapex and chansey. This also helps me deal with tapu lele and alakazam more.

greninja.gif

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Lastly we have scarf greninja this mon switches into ash gren one time and can do massive damage with u-turn. Gren also gives me a lot of speed and i pretty much outspeed every other mon. And because i dont have defof having spikes is a good idea. I used gunk shot over rock slide because i have heatran which checks the most common volc set and i can also play around it with garchomp.

Import: https://pokepast.es/b47f7eff2a23fdf4

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-812485304
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-814738130
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-814742831

shoutout to Rewer for helping me best loli

I think rockium Z chomp is a cool idea. It helps lure in Celesteela, bulu, skarm and do massage damage to all them after a +2 boost.
there is one thing I would want to change to this team

Spr_6x_113.png

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss | Toxic | Stealth Rock| Soft-Boiled
Im assuming gren is there for speed control against Volc. However, chansey can also deal with QD Volc as well. It also jsut helps sponge hits from strong special attackers (and your team has a problem taking hits from them). It also provides SR support which frees up clef. This leads to my next suggestion about clef

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
Moonblast | Wish | protect | heal bell
Since with chansey makes this team more of a semi-stall team, I would change this to unaware. This helps u deal with set up sweepers better and provides heal bell support. If u want to run CM Unaware clef, just run heal bell on Chansey and SR on Heatran/Chomp (although would have to give up stonium z for dragonium Z) in order to run that. Or u could just forgo Heal Bell altogether since ur team isnt that weak to status. Cool team and I hope these suggestions help if u decide to run a more semi-stall team.

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
I think rockium Z chomp is a cool idea. It helps lure in Celesteela, bulu, skarm and do massage damage to all them after a +2 boost.
there is one thing I would want to change to this team

View attachment 138438
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss | Toxic | Stealth Rock| Soft-Boiled
Im assuming gren is there for speed control against Volc. However, chansey can also deal with QD Volc as well. It also jsut helps sponge hits from strong special attackers (and your team has a problem taking hits from them). It also provides SR support which frees up clef. This leads to my next suggestion about clef

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
Moonblast | Wish | protect | heal bell
Since with chansey makes this team more of a semi-stall team, I would change this to unaware. This helps u deal with set up sweepers better and provides heal bell support. If u want to run CM Unaware clef, just run heal bell on Chansey and SR on Heatran/Chomp (although would have to give up stonium z for dragonium Z) in order to run that. Or u could just forgo Heal Bell altogether since ur team isnt that weak to status. Cool team and I hope these suggestions help if u decide to run a more semi-stall team.
i dont like that change because i donthave defog and hazards would destroy me. But with clef having magic guard and gren having spikes ive been fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)