Pet Mod Megamax (Quick Update @ Post #432)

What should the format for Megamax be?

• Stay National Dex

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Regional Dex OU with all Megas of available Pokemon being around

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Regional Dex OU with only converted Gigantamaxes existing

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pokemon Name: Orbeetle
Mega Stone Name: Orbeetite
Stats: 60/45/140/90/160/110
Typing: Bug/Psychic
Ability: Flash Fire
New Moves: Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Flamethrower
Competitive Description: This makes Orbeetle very defensive, where Focus Blast could be used to deal with Rock types, and Fire Blast and Flamethrower could be used to deal with Bug types that it is weak to. Also Flash Fire deals with fire types well too.

Pokemon Name: Butterfree
Mega Stone Name: Butterfrite
Stats: 60/15/50/160/80/130 (-30 attack, +70 sp. atk, +60 speed)
Typing: Bug/Flying
Ability: Shield Dust
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Giga Drain
Competitive Description: This set is designated to be a special counterpart of Mega Beedrill. With Quiver Dance, it is possible to outspeed almost all opponents and also hit harder than a Mega Beedrill.

Pokemon Name: Corviknight
Mega Stone Name: Corviknite
Stats: 98/137/155/23/105/77
Typing: Steel/Flying
Ability: Multiscale
New Moves: Payback, Brutal Swing, Knock Off, Outrage
Competitive Description: This set makes Corviknight more defensive orientated. Multiscale halves damage when it has full HP, which means it is harder the OHKO, and Knock Off is a great move that continues to be viablie.

Pokemon Name: Orbeetle
Mega Stone Name: Orbeetite
Stats: 60/45/140/90/160/110
Typing: Bug/Psychic
Ability: Flash Fire
New Moves: Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Flamethrower
Competitive Description: This makes Orbeetle very defensive, where Focus Blast could be used to deal with Rock types, and Fire Blast and Flamethrower could be used to deal with Bug types that it is weak to. Also Flash Fire deals with fire types well too.

Pokemon Name: Butterfree
Mega Stone Name: Butterfrite
Stats: 60/15/50/160/80/130 (-30 attack, +70 sp. atk, +60 speed)
Typing: Bug/Flying
Ability: Shield Dust
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Giga Drain
Competitive Description: This set is designated to be a special counterpart of Mega Beedrill. With Quiver Dance, it is possible to outspeed almost all opponents and also hit harder than a Mega Beedrill.

Pokemon Name: Corviknight
Mega Stone Name: Corviknite
Stats: 98/137/155/23/105/77
Typing: Steel/Flying
Ability: Multiscale
New Moves: Payback, Brutal Swing, Knock Off, Outrage
Competitive Description: This set makes Corviknight more defensive orientated. Multiscale halves damage when it has full HP, which means it is harder the OHKO, and Knock Off is a great move that continues to be viablie.
i think slates ended a long time ago

Gee, it's been real boring around here. How about spicing things up a bit?

Megamax Ladder Tournament!
It's simple really: Just make an alt starting with "MLT" (example: MLT Dramps) and climb as high as you can possibly go! The top 3 on September 30 at 11:59 PM EST will be declared the winners!

Good luck boys and girls
I guess that means me, earl, and whoever funzsp is won the ladder tour?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I guess that means me, earl, and whoever funzsp is won the ladder tour?
Eyup!

Just wanna give a thanks to everyone for... really every aspect of this mod from conception to submissions to playing to voting on the VR, all of you have made this what it is.

At the same time I would also like to apologize for kinda tapping out in the latter of the PMotS run. I kinda got sidetracked by other things I wanted to do and admittedly got kinda burnt out.

All that said I am so genuinely grateful for everyone's involvement. I think for now this is gonna go into a sort of hibernation, whether we'll continue into DLC 2 or just "lock" things here is something I'm unsure of.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some opinions:

Please, please don't drop this. Corviknight does kind of suck here because of the Coalossal meta, but the second people figure out that Sandaconda is the true best mega it will come back. Regardless, while more defensive megas is a cool idea, I don't think it should be done by buffing a mon thats already viable.

I'm of the opinion to still keep it banned- With Coalossal forcing strong fire resists onto teams, this thing actually gets better as it can get around most of the better Coal checks (slowtwins, pex sortof, etc) and I'm generally sick of Fire-types. For its mega, it will either be ass or gamebreaking so I think this problem mon should be kept out of here for the time being.

Some megas I think are ass:

This mon is so fucking stinky. Run the calcs sometime, its a worse urshifu with hustle accuracy. I think this mon needs a full overhaul or at least a significant buff/nerf (dropping hustle), but at the moment its just a terrible, terrible pick.
TL;DR: Slate it

I kind of like this mon as is, being a faster defensive fairy compared to clef, but if it truly wants to succeed in that niche it needs to be faster than Duraludon so it can switch in, even on Flash Cannon, and then outspeed and OHKO with Moonblast. Also maybe replace Stockpile with a better move, like Stealth Rock or Knock Off so it can have at least a shred of the utility Clef has? Just a thought.
TL;DR: At least +2 Speed, -Stockpile +Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Spikes/Whatever

Idk if this needs a buff or anything, but I believe Defiant is hurting this thing's viability. The fact that it can't come in on Mandibuzz' Defog simply because it will die to the Foul Play that follows is just so, so unfortunate in this meta. In a vacuum this thing should work but when it goes from hazard deterrent to Defog bait simply because the best hazard control in the meta appears in team preview isn't a good look. Might be worth looking at, I really like the concept of Copper Mines but this thing invites the best remover in and base copper stinks. Give it like Stamina or something.
TL;DR: Defiant is not good in Mandibuzz zone. Change it maybe.

I love the fact that this is the fastest mon in the meta, I just think it needs a bit of tuning to really make it work. Make the Poison and Psychic coverage Special instead of Physical (Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Shell Side Arm if you're feeling creative), siphon some of the Attack into Special Attack, give it Calm Mind for flavor and boosting, and change the ability to something, anything more appealing than crit fishing. Like Neuroforce or something, idk it keeps the sniper flavor by hitting weak spots.
TL;DR: -Old Moves, +Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Calm Mind, -10 Atk +10 SpA, -Deep Focus, +Neuroforce or smth

This thing is a mess of a concept. Theoretically, a flex mega should be a sidegrade to the existing base form and have appealing surprise factor. While this mega does nuke Amoonguss out of existence, it still loses to Tang and Head Smash on base form (Banded Head Smash is virtually as strong- STAB and Band equal out, all u get is the extra attack) makes it around the Flyings regardless. Makes it really hard to justify using this when the combo of Base Rilla+Coalossal does that same while keeping Grassy Terrain around. Surprise factor is cool but not enough. I think it needs to radically change its matchup spread to really work as a flex mega. This was a really long way of saying "full rework". also it doesn't make sense how does this guy head smash he fused with a massive drum set
TL;DR: Slate the musical jungle

I fail to see the appeal of this mega. It's slow, lacks recovery, and mono-poison isn't really worth much in the current meta. If it had some sort of way to counter Urshifu (secondary typing/bulk boost+smth like spiky shield to stall Wicked Blow? Fairy works as a flavor type with the toys lol) or had a secondary steel typing to blanket check more stuff it could be more appealing. Or maybe just reliable recovery. Regardless, needs a buff.
TL;DR: Make into Ursh counter with +Fairy Typing/+Steel Typing/+Recover/Slate it

This thing is shockingly bad when you think about what its trying to do. As a defensive Grass-type, it's infinitely crippled by a Fighting weakness, meaning it loses to the Fightings that grasses love to pivot into and also has a much worse matchup against Zeraora. As a Normal-type special sponge, the Grass typing adds a plethora of weaknesses that undermine this role (suddenly loses to Kyurem, Rotom-Heat, Volcarona, etc). As a grass type booster/breaker, run Rillaboom or even its mega. It's just worthless. Can't ever see a situation where this is better than Tangrowth/Amoonguss/Mega Apple/Blissey/Baselax.
TL;DR: Slate this

It's still awful~
TL;DR(lol): Slate this

Don't give a rat's ass if we buff this but it would be kind of hype to distribute the moves to the eeveelutions lol
Yung Dramps when will more revision slates occur? Tbh don't know how any of these guys function in post DLC 2, but most ofhem probably suck and could be cool for some retooling (once donkey Phero is banned).

Also please lets give Eevee all of its let's go Eeveelution moves + some Eevoboost rework

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Gotta be honest, I've kinda lost a lot of motivation to do anything with this mod post-DLC 2. Not only has the complete lack of new GMaxes left the well dry (still lowkey pissed that initial report of GMax Swords of Justice turned out to be false), but the fact that we now essentially have to rebuild the meta from scratch after our PMotS run and the surge of interest that came with that has long since expired is pretty demoralizing. I mean, how do we know that a bunch of Megas that were staples in the DLC 1 era haven't become unviable with the increased power level of DLC 2? The temptation is strong for me to just keep this perpetually "frozen" since the most fun, exciting time for the mod has passed and will probably never come back unless Dynamax continues onto the next game(s), a situation whose likelihood is questionable considering how much the mechanic has been hated on by the playerbase. Maybe a new tournament could work out alright? Idk. I could at least get Nexus updated for Crown Tundra for friendlies, but other than that...

If you would be okay with it, you could always pass the torch on to a new tier leader. I dunno if earl would have time to do it or would even want to, but he would definitely be a good candidate. Of course, if you don't want to that would be perfectly understandable, I know how difficult it is to give creative control of your work to someone else; besides I'm not confident that revision slates would generate renewed interest, but something to consider nevertheless.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
While I’m not exactly sure if I’d want the leadership position, I think a good move for this mod would to just lock itself in time as an Armor OU mod rather than updating to Crown Tundra, a meta we’re all unfamiliar with. All that’s left to do in this mod, in my opinion, is to rework the Galar starters and Machamp. After that I would feel fine locking it where it is.

Also Lando existing would make Sandaconda worse and I don’t ever want to face that reality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)