Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we definitely shouldn't be just taking stuff out of "useless" stats. It's an excuse not to be clever with distributing your 100 base stats by essentially giving you more stats to work with.
Like a guy who once suggested Mega Ferrothorn with trick room, 1 speed, I Spa, then putting it all into attack, making it fire steel, and giving it Incinerate, giga impact, and facade extremespeed >_>.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Since I had 2 reservations before, I'm just going to put them up now

Vivillion
Typing: Same
Abillity: Sheild Dust/Compound Eyes/Friend Guard --> Compound Eyes
Stats: 80/52/50/90/50/89 --> 80/52/60/120/85/114

Concept: Not much to say here, its role has basically stayed the same, which is to be a Quiver Dancer. I gave it more power and enough bulk so it can atleast take a hit on the special side, although it still cant take a hit on the physical side.

Quagsire
Typing: Water/Ground --> Water
Abillity: Water Absorb/Damp/Unaware --> Unaware
Stats: 95/85/85/65/65/35 --> 95/95/105/105/85/45
Concept: Again, I have given this pokemon the same role, which is too take hits from boosted pokemon. As you can tell, its special attack is now higer than its physical attack, the reason for this is too let it use scald well, and its going to need it since it lost its ground type. Speaking of which, its ground type was removed so it would be able to take grass type attacks and a weakness to electric wont be much of a problem since we can take electric attacks and we got plenty of ground type moves to attack with, even if they dont have stab.

I'm also reserving Rotom-H and Rotom-F
There are no more reservations dude

Got the Lopunny ready, but let's try with Wigglytuff for a second

Mega Wigglytuff
140/70/45/85/50/45 --> 140/45 (-35)/100 (+55)/100 (+35)/95 (+45)/35 (-10)
Ability: Cute Charm/Competitive/Frisk --> Fur Coat (This thing is so fluffy I'm gonna die :3)
New Moves: Moonblast, Calm Mind.
Oh my goodness, I just made this thing extra fluffy! Anyway, I thought that it really needs to boost it's defenses to shine as a supporter or even as a sweeper. So I lowered the not needed stars to give the spare points to the other stats. I chose Fur Coat because of flavour. I mean seriously, even the Dex says about it's fluffiness!

Okay so I'm going submit one to get the ball rolling

Raticate
Base Stats: 55/81/60/50/70/97 ------> 55/121/70/60/75/132
Typing: Normal ----> Normal / Dark
Ability: Run Away / Guts / Hustle -----> Technician
New Moves: Bulldoze, Rock Tomb

Concept: Raticate has a really fantastic 60 power movepool that Technician really beefs up: Flame Wheel, Bite, Quick Attack, Pursuit, and Pluck are all really great moves that help Raticate lots. Raticate is really frail and not all that strong but it has access to lots of good base 60 power moves and Raticate isn't going to be viable without making him unbalanced so I'm just hoping the novelty of Bite being a viable move on Raticate makes it used. Bulldoze and Rock Tomb make it so Raticate can stop sweepers by dropping their speed protecting your team.

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
This looks cool. Shame Vespiquen got taken already.

Mega Metagross

Type: Steel/Psychic--->Steel/Fire
Ability: Clear Body/Light Metal--->Levitate
Stats: 80/135/130/95/90/70--->80/145/140/145/110/80
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Flare Blitz

Aesthetically, it gains 4 new beldums with jets of flame coming out of them, suspending it in the air. This is important as justification for the drastic type change. Anyway, with Steel/Fire, Levitate, and really good stats, this thing has potential to be a monster. Unfortunately, its held back by its low speed, which makes it a poor sweeper, and its complete lack of recovery, which holds it back as a defensive mon. Still an excellent tank capable of countering major threats such as mega Mawile and regular Landorus.

I suggest a certain format for all the eeveelutions, as their stats are similar, so they have to be similar when they go Mega: 130->150,110->130,95->105, 65->80, 60->70, 65#2-70(this will be considered the HP one when it's 65.). Take out the boost that is for HP, and add it elsewhere(this will be bold, and it's usually in speed, so they all have at least 80 speed.) With this "format", this should be the stats for each Mega-Eeevelution:
Mega-Flareon:65/80/70/130/110/150
Mega-Jolteon:65/150/75/105/130/80
Mega-Vaporeon:130/70/90/130/105/80
Mega-Umbreon: 95/80/140/70/150/80
Mega-Espeon:65/80/70/155/105/130
Mega-Leafeon:65/130/150/70/80/110
Mega-Glaceon:65/70/130/150/110/80
Mega-Sylveon:95/70/80/130/150/80
Just an Idea for stats, so some one shouls reserve all the Eeveelutions and keep them balanced with this format, or one that applies to all of them on the respective stat. If i were to make Megas for them, I would add a Normal type to all of them, since they are from Eevee.

EDIT: oh god, this gave me a huge headache. I might be off for a while.
EDIT2.0: Never mind about the above, I'm fine now.

Mega Raticate
Type: Normal
Ability: Run Away/Guts/Hustle >>> Hustle
Stats: 55/81/60/50/70/97 >>> 55/101/90/50/90/127
Moves: None that I can think of.

So when making this set I decided to try increasing its ability to do pretty much everything. It's not the best at doing anything but it can fit on most teams and doesn't break the game in half. I think hustle works pretty well as a boost without going over the top.

acestriker19 said:
Okay so I'm going submit one to get the ball rolling
Raticate
Base Stats: 55/81/60/50/70/97 ------> 55/121/70/60/75/132
Typing: Normal ----> Normal / Dark
Ability: Run Away / Guts / Hustle -----> Technician
New Moves: Bulldoze, Rock Tomb

Concept: Raticate has a really fantastic 60 power movepool that Technician really beefs up: Flame Wheel, Bite, Quick Attack, Pursuit, and Pluck are all really great moves that help Raticate lots. Raticate is really frail and not all that strong but it has access to lots of good base 60 power moves and Raticate isn't going to be viable without making him unbalanced so I'm just hoping the novelty of Bite being a viable move on Raticate makes it used. Bulldoze and Rock Tomb make it so Raticate can stop sweepers by dropping their speed protecting your team.
This is actually a great idea. Although at first I don't see the point of the extra bulk, the stats are nice. Normal/Dark is weak to Fighting (4x), Bug, and Fairy, while being immune to Ghost and Psychic, resisting Dark and Ghost. This allows it to switch in on special attackers like Alakazam and Gengar who have to rely on Focus Blast or the less favorable Dazzling Gleam to harm Raticate at all.

Without the extra SpD: 252 SpA Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Raticate: 208-246 (82.5 - 97.6%)

With it: 252 SpA Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Raticate: 198-234 (78.5 - 92.8%)

Either way, you're likely going to die if hazards are up. However most Gengar run Sludge Bomb, which it's only going to survive with the extra bulk. That might change if, theoretically, Mega Raticate saw enough use to prompt this change. The point of this is that basically, the extra bulk does matter. It also does help - if only slightly - at allowing it to set up with Swords Dance.

Yeah we definitely shouldn't be just taking stuff out of "useless" stats. It's an excuse not to be clever with distributing your 100 base stats by essentially giving you more stats to work with.

Mega Gliscor has a lot of stat boosts ending in 5 which is unusual for a Mega.

The ability seems a bit too good. It essentially gives Gliscor a Toxic that can't be blocked by Taunt. Just take any move with high PP and no immunities (like Knock Off or Wing Attack) and you Toxic everything.

You gave it too many new moves, limit is 3. Why Iron Tail or Dual Chop of all things?
Iron tail. It has 2 tails. Dual Chop can be scrapped. And i got my inspiration for an ability from a guy who suggested it be 85% chance of toxic for ANY attack against it or from it O_O. So i thought by nerfing it, it would be more like a scorpion. The boosts ending in 5 is because all it's stats end in 5, so i thought making them all end with 0s, but in balanced distribution would be good. I'm slightly obsessed with having everything neat, which is why i think it's useless for Genesect to have 1 extra hp at the cost of another stat, especially when it ruins the fact that it ends with 0. it may be just me, though.

Gonna critique this submission, as Magcargo is my main man, etc. (Stuff about Magcargo.)
Since it was my set you crtiqued, I feel inclined to reply back. Looking through the changes you made, yeah, they make more sense than the ideas I had. :toast: No worries! Anything that makes Magcargo better is a good thing!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god! I have to do Mega Ludicolo!

Ludicolo --> Mega Ludicolo
Water-/Grass-type --> Water-/Grass-type
Stats: 80 HP / 70 Atk / 70 Def / 90 SpA / 100 SpD / 80 Spe --> 80 HP / 110 Atk / 70 Def / 110 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim / Rain Dish / Own Tempo --> Mambo (Boosts speed stat by 1 stage when it uses a dancing move*)
New Moves: Petal Dance, Quiver Dance (it doesn't make sense for it to use the other dancing moves which it doesn't already get)
*All the dancing moves are Swords Dance, Petal Dance (boosts on each turn successfully executed), Rain Dance, Feather Dance, Teeter Dance, Dragon Dance (boosts speed by 2 stages if you include both boosts), Lunar Dance (boosts speed of pokemon brought in), Quiver Dance (boosts speed by 2 stages if you include both boosts) and Fiery Dance.

Concept: Ludicolo has always been primarily a swift Swim Sweeper in OU. However, that all changes with Mega Ludicolo's new ability: Mambo. Named after the dance which may or may not exist outside of West Side Story (this isn't one of these jokey "may or may not"s: I am genuinely unsure), this new ability boosts the users speed each time it uses a dancing move (listed above). I named it "Mambo" as it is a very fast dance. This makes sense for Ludicolo as it is, well, a dancing duck shaped like a pineapple (if that's the right spelling). The great thing about this new ability is that Ludicolo already had a plethora of dancing moves to use, including Rain Dance, Swords Dance and Teeter Dance, and this new form gives it access to Petal Dance and Quiver Dance to bolster its stats. The typing hasn't changed for Ludicolo as its typing is already very unique. Its new stats give it good mixed attacking stats, enabling it to run a Swords Dance set effectively - something which its previous form was unable to do. These are the sets that I feel may do well on it:

Special Attacker
########
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Petal Dance
move 2: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Focus Blast / Giga Drain
ability: Rain Dish / Own Tampo
item: Ludicolonite
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Modest

Quiver Dance
########
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 4: Ice Beam / Focus Blast
ability: Rain Dish / Own Tempo
item: Lodicolonite

Swords Dance
########
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Seed Bomb
move 3: Waterfall
move 4: Ice Punch / Drain Punch
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Status Sweeper
########
name: Status Sweeper
move 1: Teeter Dance
move 3: Scald
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spd

Mega Wigglytuff
Ability: Cute Charm/Competitive/Frisk --> Fur Coat (This thing is so fluffy I'm gonna die :3)
Oh my goodness, I just made this thing extra fluffy! Anyway, I thought that it really needs to boost it's defenses to shine as a supporter or even as a sweeper. So I lowered the not needed stars to give the spare points to the other stats. I chose Fur Coat because of flavour. I mean seriously, even the Dex says about it's fluffiness!
You can't remove stats out of anything but speed

Cloyster redo
Water/Ice Type
Base Stats: 50/85/180/95/45/70 -> 50/100/200/100/80/90
New Ability: Technician
Movepool changes: No more frost breath (for obvious reasons); besides that didn't make much sense anyways, + water shuriken, + recover, + rapid spin

Purpose: Skill link cloyster was a bit too cheap. Here is technician cloyster, which gets the job done and is actually a bit more manageable.
1) Water/Ice type or else this thing is broken
2) More offense, as well as spdef buff.
3) Movepool lets it play completely differently before and after mega evolving. You could even opt for defensive.

Checks and counters: Bulky Water types wall this thing. OR you could just not let it shell smash.

Farfetch'd redo
Fighting/Flying Type
BST: 52/65/55/58/62/60
New: 52/85/55/58/65/102
Ability: Huge Power
Moves + Close combat

Concept: Alright, when we think of Farfetch'd, we think of a completely useless JOKE. Just bumping farfetch'd's BST up to 452 won't do it many favors; I had to take matters into my own hands.
1) Movepool
The thing fights with a stick. Hence close combat.
2) Ability change
Mega Mawile was given huge power because of its horrendous stats. Same applies here. Besides, dux is cool, so dux is powerful.
3) Stat Changes
The speed is for being able to outspeed base 100s and lando.
4) Type change
Now that it gets CC, why not let it be Flying-Fighting as well? This helps mitigate stealth rock weakness while simultaneously giving Farfetch'd needed STAB

Checks (that can't switch in): Talonflame, terrakion, anything that's faster lol.
Hard checks: Aegislash (must be wary of knock off), skarm, etc.

Also a proposed solution: NO DEFIANT WITH FARFETCHDINITE

Last edited:
Okay FFS PM me your completed reserved megas I'll add them in from there don't post them here! This forum is for submissions for Mega Clefable, Raticate, Clefable and Nidoking right now it crowds the forum if people are just posted reserved mons here and if you haven't reserved a mon but have a great idea please be patient and wait until we get to that mon.

TheFennecFox said:

Mega Wigglytuff
This has already been covered. Nothing ridiculous and almost no removal of stats. Really, -35 Atk? 140/100/95 defenses with Fur Coat and Calm Mind? Sure, things should be viable, but there's got to be a reasonable limit. I'd say take out 25 Def and 10 SpD leaving it at 140/70/75 (+30)/100 (+35)/85 (+35)/35 (-10). I'd even be tempted to say take out another 10 from SpA to leave its speed as it was before.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh my god! I have to do Mega Ludicolo!

Ludicolo --> Mega Ludicolo
Water-/Grass-type --> Water-/Grass-type
Stats: 80 HP / 70 Atk / 70 Def / 90 SpA / 100 SpD / 80 Spe --> 80 HP / 110 Atk / 70 Def / 110 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim / Rain Dish / Own Tempo --> Mambo (Boosts speed stat by 1 stage when it uses a dancing move*)
New Moves: Petal Dance, Quiver Dance (it doesn't make sense for it to use the other dancing moves which it doesn't already get)
*All the dancing moves are Swords Dance, Petal Dance (boosts on each turn successfully executed), Rain Dance, Feather Dance, Teeter Dance, Dragon Dance (boosts speed by 2 stages if you include both boosts), Lunar Dance (boosts speed of pokemon brought in), Quiver Dance (boosts speed by 2 stages if you include both boosts) and Fiery Dance.

Concept: Ludicolo has always been primarily a swift Swim Sweeper in OU. However, that all changes with Mega Ludicolo's new ability: Mambo. Named after the dance which may or may not exist outside of West Side Story (this isn't one of these jokey "may or may not"s: I am genuinely unsure), this new ability boosts the users speed each time it uses a dancing move (listed above). I named it "Mambo" as it is a very fast dance. This makes sense for Ludicolo as it is, well, a dancing duck shaped like a pineapple (if that's the right spelling). The great thing about this new ability is that Ludicolo already had a plethora of dancing moves to use, including Rain Dance, Swords Dance and Teeter Dance, and this new form gives it access to Petal Dance and Quiver Dance to bolster its stats. The typing hasn't changed for Ludicolo as its typing is already very unique. Its new stats give it good mixed attacking stats, enabling it to run a Swords Dance set effectively - something which its previous form was unable to do. These are the sets that I feel may do well on it:

Special Attacker
########
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Petal Dance
move 2: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Focus Blast / Giga Drain
ability: Rain Dish / Own Tampo

Quiver Dance
########
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 3: Hydro Pump / Surf
item: Lodicolonite

Swords Dance
########
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Seed Bomb
move 3: Waterfall
move 4: Ice Punch / Drain Punch
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Status Sweeper
########
name: Status Sweeper
move 1: Teeter Dance
move 3: Scald
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
I like it, but remove Rain Dance from the effect, its Japanese name is Rain Prayer

Submitting Nidoking

Megastone name: Nidokinglite

Typing: Poison Ground ->Poison Ground

BST: 81/102/77/85/75/85 -> 81/142/77/120/85/100

Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Sheer Force
Movepool: +Moonblast(Egg), +Gunk Shot(tutor).

Explaination: It's that kind of Mega that take a Pokémon and basically upgrade it without changing anything a la Scizor. Attack is higher because it fits better the flavor of Sheer Force, smashing things. You can go mixed with the elemental punches and the newly given Gunk Shot. There is another addition to movepool though, Moonblast. It might look odd, but Moonblast fits well the flavor of the Nidos; they evolve by Moon Stone and iirc part of their flavor is inspired by this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_rabbit . Sheer Force is because you can't imagine Nidoking without Sheer Force, it's like Tyranitar without Sand Stream. Also capitalizes of Gunk Shot and Moonblast.

Will do Wigglytuff later, I'm going to sleep now.

Let's give Wigglytuff a try then.

Type: Normal/Fairy
Ability: Cute Charm/Competitive/Frisk>>>Make a Wish: On the user's first turn, the Pokemon auto uses the move Wish.
Stats:140/70/45/85/50/45>>>140/80/65/110/80/50
New Moves: Moon Blast, Slack Off,

Concept: Use Team Support, waste no turns. Free wish coming from 140 HP base stat is humongous for any team that needs immense momentum. Not only that, this Make A Wish's wish doesn't actually conflict with the Wish move, MEANING, you could easily have 2 wishes going for added team play and lots of healing.

Mega Raticate

Typing: Normal -> Normal

BST: 55/81/60/50/70/97 -> 55/110/80/50/86/132

Ability: Run Away/Guts/Hustle -> Attrition (new ability)
Movepool: Unchanged

Explanation: Raticate is a Pokemon that is difficult to make viable even by adding 100 BST. As a result, I went in a direction to try to make it have a unique play style and role in the meta-game. This is based around its ability which I created, Attrition. This ability means that while Raticate is on the field, no Pokemon can heal any HP in any way, such as by Leftovers, berries, or moves like Recovery, Rest, or Pain Split. Leech Seed could still cause damage to Raticate, but the opposing Pokemon would get no healing. I don't know how well it would work in practice, but Mega Raticate in theory would function as an anti-stall mon, who would force enemies without strong attacking moves off the field, while also being able to hit them with a Pursuit on the switch. In addition, you can also bring in Raticate when you predict the opponent is going to heal, or after the opponent uses Wish to stop them recovering HP. Otherwise, it plays as a slightly more bulky Raticate.

Last edited:
It may be reserved, but I want to share this anyways.

Sceptile.

Item: Sceptilite

Typing: Grass-----> Grass/ Dragon

Abilities: Overgrowth / Unburden-----> Serrated Edge* OR Tough Claws (preferably the new ability.)

BST: 70/85/65/105/85/120-----> 70/160/65/110/85/140

New Moves: Anything that has “Claw,” “Slash” or “Cut” in its name it doesn’t already know.

*Ability Description: Boosts any move that involves slashing or cutting by 20% and raises their critical hit ratio by one.

Description.

Sceptile has a much better physical move pool than special, so I believe he should become a fast physical attacker with the dragon type because he is a lizard. He will make a formidable revenger killer or sub booster, but can still be checked by priority moves such as Ice Shard.

It may be reserved, but I want to share this anyways.

Sceptile.

Item: Sceptilite

Typing: Grass-----> Grass/ Dragon

Abilities: Overgrowth / Unburden-----> Serrated Edge* OR Tough Claws (preferably the new ability.)

BST: 70/85/65/105/85/120-----> 70/160/65/110/85/140

New Moves: Anything that has “Claw,” “Slash” or “Cut” in its name it doesn’t already know.

*Ability Description: Boosts any move that involves slashing or cutting by 20% and raises their critical hit ratio by one.

Description.

Sceptile has a much better physical move pool than special, so I believe he should become a fast physical attacker with the dragon type because he is a lizard. He will make a formidable revenger killer or sub booster, but can still be checked by priority moves such as Ice Shard.
No more reservations anymore. read post 316.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)