Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mega Goodra
Ability: Thick Fat
Typing: Dragon => Dragon/Poison

HP: 90
Attack: 100 => 115 (+15)
Defense: 70 => 130 (+60)
Special Attack: 110 => 115 (+5)
Special Defense: 150 => 170 (+20)
Speed: 80
New Moves: Recover, Heal Bell

Ever wish Goodra was even fatter? Well, now it is! With incredible bulk, Thick Fat boosting an already good defensive typing, and reliable recovery, Goodra becomes an amazing wall that can also support it's teammates by spreading poison and healing status.

Mega Kommo-o
Ability: Bulletproof
Typing: Dragon/Fighting => Dragon/Steel

HP: 75
Attack: 110 => 140 (+30)
Defense: 125
Special Attack: 100 => 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 105 => 115 (+10)
Speed: 85 => 105 (+20)
New Moves: N/A

Clanger becomes an incredible mixed sweeper, boasting 140 in both attack stats, a great speed tier, and boosting moves in Clangorous Soul and Dragon Dance. It can also run more defensive sets, thanks to good bulk and a shiny new Steel typing, giving it many new resistances.

Mega Dragapult
Ability: Clear Body
Typing: Dragon/Ghost

HP: 88
Attack: 120 => 150 (+30)
Defense: 75 => 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 => 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 => 105 (+20)
Speed: 142
Base Stat Total: 600
New Moves: Earthquake, Calm Mind

Dragapult finally gets some more physical coverage it's been craving in the form of Earthquake, while its Special Attack is buffed and now gets Calm Mind to use its wide assortment of special moves. Running a mixed set isn't probably the best idea, but it can serve as either a physical or special sweepers.

Last edited:
Here comes the rest!

Mega Goodra

New Ability:
Gooey/Hydration/Sap Sipper -> Shed Skin
New Typing:
Dragon/Grass

New Stats:
HP
: 90
Atk: 100 -> 128 (+28)
Def: 70 -> 60 (-10)
SpA: 110 -> 118 (+8)
SpD: 150 -> 195 (+55)
Spe: 80 -> 107 (+27)
BST: 600 -> 700 (+100)

New Moves: Leaf Storm, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, Leaf Blade, Thunder Wave
Description: Goodra now has a new secondary typing along with the ability Shed Skin, giving it two powerful, albeit unreliable, physical options for a Dragon Dance Shed Skin in Power Whip and Outrage, and more reliable options in Leaf Blade and Dragon Claw. Due to 195 special defense being very strong and making the Pokemon able to beat or set up on many specially offensive threats, it can also take a more passive stance with the use of a special set with Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm and nice coverage in Ice Beam, along with status moves like Toxic and the newly acquired Thunder Wave, making it easy for this Mega to cripple threats on the switch for its slower teammates. It definitely serves as a addition to stall and fatter teams alike, but can also work on hyper offense teams with a DD set if needed to. That, though, doesn't mean Goodra isn't flawed. 90/60 defenses aren't anything huge at all, meaning it's very simple to take advantage of its lower bulk with moves like Sucker Punch from Urshifu or Quick Attack from Diggersby to stop a Goodra sweep in its tracks, reason why the Pokemon is forced to always be healthy, but it's not easy without any means of recovery. (to not speak about ice shard)

not making anything on dpult but id like to see trace
Umm Xephyrr i think it would be more convenient to put this part with your Kommo-o :)

ANOTHER BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

We have a spreadsheet now! Here you can view the stats, creators, etc of the Megas created. Second of all, this version of Megas for All will last until the release of the Crown Tundra DLC!
Don’t worry for anyone worrying, I’m not revamping this again once 2nd DLC hits. The reason I’m making v7 is because we might get new moves once more. Plus we are getting new Pokémon!

dragapult.gif

Mega Dragapult

Ability: Clear Body/Infiltrator/Cursed Body -> Sniper
Typing: Dragon/Ghost

Stats:
HP: 88
Atk: 120 -> 150 (+30)
Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 100 -> 150 (+50)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Spe: 142

New Moves: Focus Energy, Night Slash

Physical Dragapult enjoys its boosted attack which allows it to hit very hard after Dragon Dancing, Night Slash is a usable coverage move because it deals good damage on a crit. Special Dragapult makes great use of Focus Energy to make it often able to ignore its drops in SpA from Draco Meteor, which makes it able to stay in longer. It's very susceptible to getting worn down or KOed while trying to set up, as well as being KOed by priority moves such as Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak.

goodra.gif

Mega Goodra

Ability:
Sap Sipper/Hydration/Gooey -> Seeping Slime (Speed-dropping version of Intimidate)
Typing: Dragon/Poison

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 125 (+55)
SpA: 110 -> 125 (+15)
SpD: 150 -> 165 (+15)
Spe: 80 -> 85 (+5)

New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Recover

Mega Goodra is able to tank most unboosted hits with minimal investment, and has a usable amount of attack power to the point where its Draco does pretty high damage. Toxic Spikes makes it able to function a bit more defensively, as well as Recover fulfilling the same role. Its ability makes it able to switch in on the majority of the meta and drop their speed below its own, most mons can get hit hard by at least something in its movepool and cant deal a great amount back. This makes it a great mon who can cripple opposing attackers while eating hits.

kommoo.gif

Mega Kommo-o

Ability: Bulletproof/Soundproof/Overcoat -> Iron Fist
Typing: Dragon/Fighting

Stats:
Atk: 110 -> 144 (+34)
Def: 125 -> 145 (+20)
SpA: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpD: 105 -> 110 (+5)
Spe: 85 -> 101 (+16)

New Moves: None

Mega Kommo-o has a lot of sets it can run, there's the usual SR, Iron Defense, Body Press + EQ one which benefits from the extra bulk, Attack for its EQs and Speed which allows
it to set Stealth Rock faster. Clangorous Soul sets are able to tank hits better, and can deal more damage (also recover more HP) with Drain Punch. Dragon Dance sets also enjoy the added stats and get some better options due to Iron Fist.

Last edited:
[sorry if my description is vague, i am not very good when it comes to competitive.(sorry for grammar)]

Goodra
Typing: Dragon / water
Ability: Gooey
Stats:
90-100-80-145-175-110
( - +10 +35 +25 +30 )
BST: 700
(+100)
New moves: Slack off-liquidation-scald-calm mind
a special wall that can be used as a setup sweeper

Dragapult
Typing:
Dragon / bug
Ability: Mold Breaker
Stats:
88-131-90-131-100-160
( +11 +15 +31 +25 +18 )
(+100)
New moves:
Recover, bug buzz, leech life
a speedy sweeper

Kommo-o
Typing: Dragon / fightning
Ability: Steelworker
Stats: 75-160-150-120-105-85
( +50 +25 +25 - - )
New moves:
Slack off, meteor mash, steel beam (-iron head)
another setup sweeper

Last edited:
[sorry if my description is vague, i am not very good when it comes to competitive.(sorry for grammar)]

Goodra
Ability: Rain dance
Stats:
105-120-80-145-175-110
( +10 +10 +35 +25 +30 )
New moves: Slack off-liquidation-waterfall
a special wall that can be used as a special attacker
ehm, I think you have mistaken the name of the ability, since rain dance is a move.

Goodra
Ability: Rain dance
Stats:
105-120-80-145-175-110
( +10 +10 +35 +25 +30 )
Also you can’t add stats to HP when Mega Evolving. Also what’s its new BST? Also you have to change the ability, since Rain Dance is a move, not an ability

Mega Kommo-o
Ability: Bulletproof
Typing: Dragon/Fighting => Dragon/Steel

Attack: 110 => 140 (+30)
Defense: 125
Special Attack: 100 => 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 105 => 115 (+10)
Speed: 85 => 105 (+20)
New Moves: Shell Smash

Clanger becomes an incredible mixed sweeper, boasting 140 in both attack stats, a great speed tier, and the fantastic Shell Smash for a boosting move. It can also run more defensive sets, thanks to good bulk and a shiny new Steel typing, giving it many new resistances.
Hi! I think your other two submissions are totally fine, but I'm going to have to veto this one. (If anyone disagrees with what I have to say here, please feel free to speak up! I'm open to being corrected if you have a compelling argument.)

Dragon/Steel is an amazing type, and Shell Smash is an unreasonably good move on this, especially with mixed bulk like that and as many resistances as it has (making setup incredibly easy) and significantly higher Speed than any other user except Minior. Mega Blastoise, which has a similar power level but a less optimal type and lower Speed, has already been banned to (National Dex) Ubers this Generation thanks to the addition of Shell Smash to its own movepool.
It's also worth noting that Shell Smash is a significant buff to base Kommo-o as well. A given Kommo-o can therefore be either a Dragon/Fighting-type or a Dragon/Steel-type (which complement each other extremely well - they don't have a single weakness in common), and the Dragon/Steel Mega Kommo-o still starts out as a Dragon/Fighting-type and has the freedom to choose between two entirely discrete sets of weaknesses depending on which would help it more. The combination of these factors would make it impossible to know the right way to deal with a Kommo-o until after it has used Shell Smash, at which point it's probably too late; it's almost completely safe on its setup turn.

Type change or not, I don't think there's any way that I could accept adding Shell Smash to Kommo-o. Remember that any move you give to your proposed Mega Evolution can also be used by its base form! Kommo-o is already an OU-level threat and has all of the right tools to use setup moves effectively, and this would be its best one yet by far. I can't see this being a balanced addition at all, unfortunately.
I'm sorry if this is disappointing!

Hi! I think your other two submissions are totally fine, but I'm going to have to veto this one. (If anyone disagrees with what I have to say here, please feel free to speak up! I'm open to being corrected if you have a compelling argument.)

Dragon/Steel is an amazing type, and Shell Smash is an unreasonably good move on this, especially with mixed bulk like that and as many resistances as it has (making setup incredibly easy) and significantly higher Speed than any other user except Minior. Mega Blastoise, which has a similar power level but a less optimal type and lower Speed, has already been banned to (National Dex) Ubers this Generation thanks to the addition of Shell Smash to its own movepool.
It's also worth noting that Shell Smash is a significant buff to base Kommo-o as well. A given Kommo-o can therefore be either a Dragon/Fighting-type or a Dragon/Steel-type (which complement each other extremely well - they don't have a single weakness in common), and the Dragon/Steel Mega Kommo-o still starts out as a Dragon/Fighting-type and has the freedom to choose between two entirely discrete sets of weaknesses depending on which would help it more. The combination of these factors would make it impossible to know the right way to deal with a Kommo-o until after it has used Shell Smash, at which point it's probably too late; it's almost completely safe on its setup turn.

Type change or not, I don't think there's any way that I could accept adding Shell Smash to Kommo-o. Remember that any move you give to your proposed Mega Evolution can also be used by its base form! Kommo-o is already an OU-level threat and has all of the right tools to use setup moves effectively, and this would be its best one yet by far. I can't see this being a balanced addition at all, unfortunately.
I'm sorry if this is disappointing!
Adding on to this, Kommo-o already has a decent boosting move in Clangorous Soul, and we don’t want it to become too broken if you add Shell Smash, since this basically gives Kommo-o +3 in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. I don’t want any mega to be overly broken, since I don’t want to ban any Mega, thus making the hard work of the creators wasted.

Adding on to this, Kommo-o already has a decent boosting move in Clangorous Soul, and we don’t want it to become too broken if you add Shell Smash, since this basically gives Kommo-o +3 in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. I don’t want any mega to be overly broken, since I don’t want to ban any Mega, thus making the hard work of the creators wasted.
i mean, i doubt both will be played together. shell smash is just better clangorous soul

Ok, removed Shell Smash. Let me know if anything else needs to be nerfed.

Don’t mean to double post but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow the format. I’m seeing only a few people following the format so far, and I would appreciate it if everybody would follow this format. You could literally copy paste them. I’ll be lenient this slate, but for the coming slate ill be stricter!

Mega ~
New Ability: ~ ----> ~
New Typing: ~

New Stats:

HP: ~ ----> ~
Attack: ~ ----> ~
Defense: ~ ----> ~
Special Attack: ~ ----> ~
Special Defense: ~ ----> ~
Speed: ~ ----> ~
Base Stat Total: ~ ----> ~
New Moves: ~
Description: ~

Stupidity or brokenosity up ahead dear viewer only read if you can handle this brainless and broken idea that only my mind can crack

Floette-Eternal-Mega

Atk: 65 --> 40
Def: 67 --> 100
SpA: 125 --> 150
SpDef: 128 --> 135
Spe: 92 --> 110
BST: 551 --> 609
New Moves: Destroyed Light
Desc: The user fires a light composed from moonlight that has a boosted crit rate. If paired with Heart Of AZ and a pokemon is fainted with this move, it gains the effect of healing 55% of damage dealt to the user. Type: Fairy

New Ability: Flower Veil --> Heart Of AZ

Heart of AZ is a clone of Soul-Heart however with the added effect of gaining the effect of healing 55% of damage dealt to its new move, Destroyed Light, after fainting a pokemon with Destroyed Light, however if the pokemon faints another with another move, the healing effect wont activate.

New Typing: Fairy / Normal
If this was either too stupid, too hard to read or broke a million rules, comment below with all million mistakes i made.

HOWEVER if you like it please post compliments below

Or both rather

Stupidity or brokenosity up ahead dear viewer only read if you can handle this brainless and broken idea that only my mind can crack

Floette-Eternal-Mega

Desc: The user fires a light composed from moonlight that has a boosted crit rate. If paired with Heart Of AZ and a pokemon is fainted with this move, it gains the effect of healing 55% of damage dealt to the user. Type: Fairy

Heart of AZ is a clone of Soul-Heart however with the added effect of gaining the effect of healing 55% of damage dealt to its new move, Destroyed Light, after fainting a pokemon with Destroyed Light, however if the pokemon faints another with another move, the healing effect wont activate.

If this was either too stupid, too hard to read or broke a million rules, comment below with all million mistakes i made.

Or both rather
You might want to save this for when if IF there's ever a slate for Mega Eternal Floette.

Floette-Eternal-Mega

Or both rather
Hello! We are currently not doing megas for Floette. In fact Floette won’t have its own Mega at all, since it isn’t fully evolved

I’ll submit myself as well!

:ss/goodra:
Mega: Mega Goodra
New Ability: Storm Drain
New Typing: Dragon/Water

New Stats:
HP: 90 ——> 90
Atk: 100 ——> 110 (+10)
Def: 70 ——> 100 (+30)
SpA: 110 ——> 140 (+30)
SpD: 150 ——> 160 (+10)
Spe: 80 ——> 100 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 700
New Moves: Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance
Description: From being a high Special Defence wall, when Goodra Mega Evolves into Mega Goodra, it gives a powerful offensive presence, and at the same time, a Pokemon that checks many special attackers in the tier such as Volcarona, Manaphy, Aegislash, and Protean Greninja. With its decent movepool, it is able to run a multitude of sets. Goodra can run both a defensive set and an offensive cleaner set. When Goodra Mega Evolves, it cleanses all its goo, and it becomes pure like water. Its cleansing is so strong that it became so buffed.

:ss/kommo-o:
Mega: Mega Kommo-o
New Ability: Clear Body
New Typing: Dragon/Fighting

New Stats:
HP: 75 ——> 75
Atk: 110 ——> 150 (+40)
Def: 125 ——> 155 (+30)
SpA: 100 ——> 120 (+20)
SpD: 105 ——> 105
Spe: 85 ——> 95 (+10)
New Moves: None
Description: Mega Kommo-o packs a big punch, both literally and figuratively. It’s access to Clangorous Soul coupled with a high Attack stat make it a dangerous threat to deal with. It faces some tight competition from Mega Garchomp as a hard-hitting late game cleaner, due to the latter’s higher Attack stat, but Mega Kommo-o is better in its own way: it has better bulk, and it has a higher Speed tier. It could potentially run a Clangorous Soul sweeper set which takes advantage of its well-rounded stats to sweep, or run a standard defensive set to function as a nice defensive backbone.

:ss/dragapult:
Mega: Mega Dragapult
New Ability: Defiant
New Typing: Dragon/Ghost

New Stats:
HP: 88 ——> 88
Atk: 120 ——> 140 (+20)
Def: 75 ——> 95 (+20)
SpA: 100 ——> 130 (+30)
SpD: 75 ——> 85 (+10)
Spe: 142 ——> 162 (+20)
Description: With these overwhelming stats, Mega Dragapult now becomes the second fastest Pokémon EVER, only behind Deoxys-Speed. Since Dragapult is inspired by the B-2 Spirit, Mega Dragapult is inspired by its possible successor. Mega Dragapult can become a deadly sweeper than can 6-0 your team if you let it get at least an opportunity to get a Dragon Dance off. While it may sound scary at first, you can deal with Mega Dragapult in a lot of ways. The first potential check I see is Sucker Punch users like Bisharp, Cinderace, and their future megas, but with Sucker Punch only working if Dragapult uses an Attack, this may be used as an opportunity to get more Dragon Dances off. The one “best” stop to Mega Dragapult is most likely Mimikyu and its future Mega, since Disguise can block an attack from Mega Dragapult, and Mimikyu can use this to get a Swords Dance off and OHKO Mega Dragapult with priority Shadow Sneak.

Last edited:
Alright, I think I'll join the fun as well! Dragapult has quickly turned into one of my favorite mons both flavor and competitive wise, so I'm submitting one for it.

Mega Dragapult :dragapult:
New Ability: Clear Body / Infiltrator / Cursed Body ----> Trace
New Typing: Dragon / Ghost ----> Dragon / Ghost
New Stats:
HP: 88 ----> 88
Attack: 120 ----> 135 (+15)
Defense: 75 ----> 90 (+15)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 85 (+10)
Speed: 142 ----> 172 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 600 ----> 700 (+100)
New Moves: Recover, Ice Beam

Flavor Changes: Dragapult's body becomes more transparent and much lighter, turning into a stealth, agile attacker. Aileron-like structures grow from Dragapult's head, behind the Dreepy launchers to improve its aerodynamics. Likewise, an almost transparent airfoil gets added into its tail, making Mega Dragapult as fast as it can be. Its newly gained power makes Mega Dragapult capable of rapidly tracking its opponent's attacks with the Dreepy launched. These changes don't come without pain, however, as Dragapult is forced to consume much more energy.

Competitive Changes: Behold the Swiss Army Knife of Pokemon. In competitive play, regular Dragapult is known for its vast amount of offense-oriented sets it can run, be it as a Choice-locked Pokemon with a Specs, Scarf or even Band, as a DD sweeper, Sub + Disable annoyer and the list goes on and on. This Mega Dragapult concept not only aims to amplify its offensive possibilities with Ice Beam as an overall amazing coverage move, but also aims to further expand its defensive capabilities with Recover and, therefore, its unpredictability. The stat boosts and Trace (useful both offensively and defensively) endorse such characteristic as well; dozens of EV spreads can be created depending on the team's needs and on which set Mega Dragapult will end up running.

Last edited:

Mega Goodra
New Ability: Sap Sipper / Hydration (Gooey) ----> Water Absorb
New Typing: Dragon/Poison

New Stats:

HP: 90 ----> 90
Attack: 100 ----> 110 (+ 10)
Defense: 70 ----> 120 (+ 50)
Special Attack: 110 ----> 130 (+ 20)
Special Defense: 150 ----> 170 (+ 20)
Speed: 80 ----> 80
Base Stat Total: 600 ----> 700
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Struggle Bug
Description: I have always felt that multiple types fit Goodra, but that Poison fit best of all. This also gives it a better time dealing with fairies. Goodra becomes rounder and slimier with longer tendrils. Water Absorb is an upgraded Hydration, references the circumstances of how it evolved and makes it able to wall attacks even better. Its stats also make it bulkier while also increasing its damage output. It also gains some fairy and bug coverage to reference the last two typings I consider Goodra to have a connection to.

Mega Kommo-o
New Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof (Overcoat) ----> Weak Armor
New Typing: Dragon/Steel

New Stats:

HP: 75 ----> 75
Attack: 110 ----> 120 (+10)
Defense: 125 ----> 165 (+40)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 105 ----> 125 (+20)
Speed: 85 ----> 85
New Moves: Metal Sound, Steel Beam
Description: Kommo-o has always had steel-like scales as mentioned in the pokedex. Now they become thicker and m ore steel-like, changing its typing and giving it a fairy matchup that goes from quad weak to neutral. These thickened scales also add to bulk in the stats and it gets an increase in damage output too. Kommo-o has had themes of immunities, sound and moves that involve a sacrifice for some benefit. This is reflected in new moves added, though it also made me want to give Kommo-o Punk Rock. Still, Weak Armor also reflects on one of these themes while avoiding breaking the ability limit.

Mega Dragapult
New Ability: Clear Body / Infiltrator (Cursed Body) ----> Sniper
New Typing: Water/Ghost

New Stats:

HP: 88 ----> 88
Attack: 120 ----> 140 (+20)
Defense: 75 ----> 85 (+ 10)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 85 (+10)
Speed: 142 ----> 162 (+20)
New Moves: Focus Energy, Water Pulse
Description: Dragapult grows webs on its feet and its dreepy-launchers get bigger as it connects more to its amphibian-side like its real-world inspiration. Dragapult is a strong pokemon, so I had to try go in a different direction more than simply trying to improve it. There are multiple abilities that fit dragapult flavour-wise, like Parental Bond or Mega Launcher, but those are too strong. Sniper has a similar fit flavour-wise while being much more manageable. Focus Energy gives dragapult a chance to try use this ability while Water Pulse is a new STAB that draws another Mega Launcher connection. Dragapult gets boosts to every stat, allowing both physical and special sets and boosting its already great speed.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you look at the title, it says Megas for All. Well, unfortunately, we won’t have megas for all. Why? Because if we give megas to every fully evolved Pokémon, they may become overly broken. Just look at Mega Rayquaza. It’s a legendary, it has good stats, yet it got a Mega! From now on, only Pokemon that are allowed in National Dex will get Megas. Regarding Urshifu, since it has two forms, and one got banned recently, I’ve decided that both forms will still receive Megas, since they have stats that aren’t overwhelming for the tier. Also check out the Metagame Discussion channel on the Discord!

Goodra
Ability: Drizzle
Stats:
90-120-80-145-175-110
( +10 +10 +35 +25 +30 )
(+100)
Also you can’t have Drizzle on Goodra. If you look at the ability rankings Drizzle is at 4.5, and Goodra’s ability should be ranked 3.5 or lower. Also if you check the stat changes, these amount to 710, and we can’t have that.

Also you can’t add stats to HP when Mega Evolving. Also what’s its new BST? Also you have to change the ability, since Rain Dance is a move, not an ability
Also you can’t have Drizzle on Goodra. If you look at the ability rankings Drizzle is at 4.5, and Goodra’s ability should be ranked 3.5 or lower. Also if you check the stat changes, these amount to 710, and we can’t have that.
i fixed it. is gooey allowed?

Goodra
Ability: Gooey
Stats:
90-120-80-145-175-110
( +10 +10 +35 +25 +30 )
(+100)
New moves: Slack off-liquidation-scald-calm mind
a special wall that can be used as a setup sweeper

Why can’t we have Legendary/Ubers getting Megas be in a separate metagame that's meant for Ubers and OU (National Dex OU) being like a standard metagame? As for M-Ray, it was able to hold an item, while the other legendary Megas will not have a free item slot.

First, it can take advantage of its great Special Attack stat to run a standard Choice Specs set. [...] Third, it can also potentially run a Choice Band set.
... are you sure? XP
Dragapult
Typing:
Dragon / bug
Ability: Speed boost
Stats:
88-90-100-150-100-172
( -30 +25 +50 +25 +15 )
(+100)
New moves:
Recover, bug buzz, tail glow
a speedy setup sweeper
Hi! This is one that I'm going to have to veto as well, unfortunately.
My concerns with this one are its stats, the Ability and a certain move.

First thing: the stat rule this breaks is that Attack isn't one of the stats that can be lowered! Since your Dragapult is a special attacker, lowering Attack doesn't affect it at all, so it's just a way to circumvent the base stat limit without actually balancing the Pokémon. Think of it this way: Dragapult is already an OU-level threat, so how are 100 stat points not enough to make it good? You can find the stat rules linked in the first post - or there's another, shorter post explaining them at the top of the second page if that's easier!

The problem with the Ability isn't really that much of a balance concern in my opinion (this Dragapult already outspeeds every other Pokémon in the meta unboosted, so its counterplay was already more likely to revolve around priority or Pokémon that can survive its attacks more than than the actual Speed stat, although I guess this helps it against extremely fast scarfers), but Speed Boost is ranked 4.5 in the first post, while Dragapult is only allowed Abilities ranked up to 3.5, so it's not considered a legal submission.

That said, the biggest problem in my opinion is the move Tail Glow, which is an incredibly powerful special boosting move on a sweeper that currently has no way at all to raise its Special Attack. As mentioned, when you naturally outspeed nearly everything, one of the only remaining forms of counterplay is being able to survive its hits and hit back - on something this fast and with Special Attack this high, I think Tail Glow would be too overwhelming to most teams.
There's also the same issue I mentioned for Shell Smash Kommo-o - even if your Mega Dragapult ends up being balanced on its own, can you really say the same for regular Dragapult now that it has Tail Glow? With that in mind, this is a move that I don't think should be allowed for any Dragapult submission.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing - but I do think your Goodra and your Kommo-o are just fine as they are, and this one would be pretty easy to fix! Dragon/Bug is a really unique angle for Dragapult!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)