Meowscarada

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
[OVERVIEW]

* This pokemon's qualities are explained in bullet points.

* Full sentences can be allowed.

* Or just coherent thoughts

* Mention roles, strong matchups, partners, weaknesses, and common checks

* Meowscarada serves as one of the best anti-screens and anti-setup Pokemon in the metagame thanks to its high speed, high attack, expansive movepool, and its signature move Flower Trick.

* Knock Off lets Meowscarada debilitate many Pokemon who rely on their item to be effective, like Gholdengo,

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Flower Trick
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Sucker Punch / Low Kick / Play Rough
move 4: Protect / U-Turn
item: Focus Sash / Choice Band
ability: Overgrow / Protean
nature: Jolly / Adamant
tera type: Grass
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Explain any non-obvious moves

* Then the item options

* (clas add) Then the ability choice

* Overgrow boosts the damage of Flower Trick once under 1/3 HP and keeps its typing upon move selection, which can be useful to block Prankster-affected moves, like Quash from Murkrow or Thunder Wave from Grimmsnarl. Protean, however, lets Choice Band sets be extremely potent with its regularly non-STAB coverage, like U-Turn and Low Kick for Tera Grass Dondozo and non-Tera Hydreigon re

* Despite Meowscarada being a regularly poor Terastal user, Tera Grass can boost Flower Trick's damage further while removing a key weakness to Fairy-type attacks from Pokemon like Sylveon and still be immune to Rage Powder and Spore. However, it also removes Meowscarada's ability to change types via Protean, so it's generally not worth Terastallizing on Choice Band variants.

[SET]
name: Offensive Utility
move 3: Trick Room / Fake Tears
move 4: Protect / Trick Room
item: Focus Sash
ability: Overgrow

[SET COMMENTS]

* Trick Room serves as a surprise option to punish Tailwind from Pokemon like Murkrow and Hydreigon while also helping slower attackers, like Sylveon and Dondozo, while Fake Tears supports many special attackers, like Hydreigon and Gholdengo, to claim OHKOs on Pokemon they would not usually, such as Annihilape or Arcanine.

* Protect lets Meowscarada have a longer effect on the field, along with helping to scout attacks from threats like Brave Bird Murkrow and opposing Meowscarada. Trick Room can be used instead if the speed control support is preferred and its checks can be handled by partners.

* Focus Sash allows Meowscarada to almost always use one move, as most people will not attempt to double target it. This also secures the Dondozo matchup by preventing Meowscarada from being OHKOd by +2 Order Up before OHKOing non-Tera Dondozo with Flower Trick.

* Overgrow prevents Meowscarada from turning into an undesirable type like Psychic, along with boosting Flower Trick's damage when at 1/3 HP.

* While Meowscarada will not regularly Terastallize, a Grass Tera type will boost Flower Trick's damage even further while removing a key weakness to Fairy-type attacks from Pokemon like Sylveon and keep its immunity to Rage Powder and Spore.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Clastia, 545372]]
- Quality checked by: [[username, userID]]
- Grammar checked by: [username, userID]

Last edited:
Clastia just a heads up that we discussed this and I feel there are too many slashes presently. I also don't like the term "breaker" in doubles, I would just use "offensive" and "offensive utility" for the set names.

move 3: Sucker Punch / Low Kick
item: Choice Band / Life Orb

and

[SET]

are the sets I would use. Thanks and let us know on discord if you have any questions

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Clastia just a heads up that we discussed this and I feel there are too many slashes presently. I also don't like the term "breaker" in doubles, I would just use "offensive" and "offensive utility" for the set names.

move 3: Sucker Punch / Low Kick
item: Choice Band / Life Orb

and

[SET]

are the sets I would use. Thanks and let us know on discord if you have any questions
kept play rough on there since ive had and seen it be useful in a large amount of games, but as option 3. also shifted lorb and band to not have export give someone cb protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)