Meowstic

I love the way you mentioned Swagger + Safeguard on some great Speedy Physical Attackers.
Tried it out myself, it's amazing!
You can also use it on Bulky mons, or even maybe Zygarde, setting up a DD first then Swagger it with Meowstic and sweep with Land's Wrath!
Unless Zygarde got banned, but I doubt it

I love the way you mentioned Swagger + Safeguard on some great Speedy Physical Attackers.
Tried it out myself, it's amazing!
You can also use it on Bulky mons, or even maybe Zygarde, setting up a DD first then Swagger it with Meowstic and sweep with Land's Wrath!
Unless Zygarde got banned, but I doubt it
Zygarde is banned

We know the analysis is pretty much done, we still wonder:

If you put but 8 more EVs into Def, Meowstic would never be 2HKOed by Jolly Kangaskhan's Return through Reflect.

Likewise, Charizard-Y won't do more damage with Heat Wave through Light Screen if you take 8 EVs out of this stat - it still needs three hits in order to KO you.

Wouldn't 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef be much more efficient? At this point it is nitpicking but are there any hidden calculations you have done that desperately requires those 8 EVs in SDef?
Thank you, your spread is just better, I was probably do my calcs with Modest Charizard. ^^

Thank you, your spread is just better, I was probably do my calcs with Modest Charizard. ^^
At level 50 there is not difference between 60 and 68 SDef, at least when pitted against Charizard. They still do the same damage, but pulling 8 SDef into Def makes a slight difference agaisnt Mega-Kanga. You must have done the calcs on level 100 (no offense).

Meowstic's nature as a support Pokemon makes EVing darn complex. Do we use screens, do we run Charm, do we have Mental or Sitrus, do we EVing against sandstorm (Fake Out adds sand storm damage), do we Intimidate support him, et cetera? You did a good job at keeping the spread as neutral as possible but it still looks very much like a Dual Screen set because you only match the benchmarks of not getting 2HKOed when you have screens on. We wouldn't know how to do it better, though.

At level 50 there is not difference between 60 and 68 SDef, at least when pitted against Charizard. They still do the same damage, but pulling 8 SDef into Def makes a slight difference agaisnt Mega-Kanga. You must have done the calcs on level 100 (no offense).

Meowstic's nature as a support Pokemon makes EVing darn complex. Do we use screens, do we run Charm, do we have Mental or Sitrus, do we EVing against sandstorm (Fake Out adds sand storm damage), do we Intimidate support him, et cetera? You did a good job at keeping the spread as neutral as possible but it still looks very much like a Dual Screen set because you only match the benchmarks of not getting 2HKOed when you have screens on. We wouldn't know how to do it better, though.
I understand your reasoning, thank you, but I am aware on how to build an EV spread and I'm very sure I did my calcs at level 50. I did make a mistake and I'm thanking you for picking up on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)