Mesprit

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quality Control: tennisace, NatGeo, Omicron
GP Checks: Mafeking

Mesprit

[Overview]

<p>Mesprit often gets the short end of the stick when competing against the other members of the Lake Trio, as the much faster Azelf and the bulkier yet faster Uxie are often seen as superior choices. As such, it finds itself stuck in Smogon's basement tier—BW NU. However, this sentencing is a blessing in disguise for the endower of emotions; for in NU, Mesprit is king. With great all-around stats, backed by a wide movepool of excellent offensive and support moves alike, this Pokemon is certainly a force to be reckoned with; a jack of all trades, if you will. While its mono-Psychic typing is an unpleasant trait, Mesprit's unpredictability and versatility more than make up for this shortcoming.</p>

[SET]
name: Substitute + Calm Mind
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Psychic / Psyshock
move 4: Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
item: Leftovers
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Mesprit's flagship set in BW NU. Despite Mesprit's unpredictability, the SubCM set is what most players prepare for, simply because it is consistently the most dangerous set. Any good NU team must have at least one Pokemon prepared to bear the burden of taking it on. This set is the premier NU bulky sweeper, and for good reason. With excellent bulk, decent Speed, and solid Special Attack, it becomes a pain to deal with if given an opportunity to set up. Substitute further complicates things as it protects Mesprit from status and potential revenge killers, allowing it to shred offensive and stall teams alike.</p>

<p>The combination of Substitute and Calm Mind is, of course, the crux of this set. As stated before, Substitute offers protection against harmful status, cushions Mesprit from powerful attacks, and eases prediction. Calm Mind not only buffs Mesprit's already impressive Special Attack, it also increases its Special Defense, making those Substitutes even more difficult to break. Psychic is the STAB move of choice for the extra power, as there aren't many heavyweight special walls in NU. However, Psyshock can be used instead to dispatch Licklicky and Cryogonal. Either Thunderbolt or Ice Beam rounds off this set, with the former providing coverage against the likes of Probopass and Jynx, and the latter providing coverage against the likes of Exeggutor and Cacturne.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leftovers is the preferred item as it mitigates the HP lost to making Substitutes. Either Hidden Power Fighting or Shadow Ball can be considered in the fourth slot for better coverage, but both lack the power of Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, and also leave Mesprit walled by a number of Pokemon. Mesprit's Speed isn't exactly optimal, so a bulkier spread is utilized, while maximum Special Attack and a Modest nature ensures Mesprit hits like a truck. Alternatively, a 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD spread with a Bold nature can be used to maximize Mesprit's physical bulk, allowing it to set up against foes such as <examples>.</p>

<p>As with any other Psychic-type, Mesprit loathes Dark-types. Sawk makes an excellent teammate, easily disposing of most Dark-types while simultaneously breaking through Cryogonal and Probopass, who wall Mesprit depending on its choice of moves. The pink pixie reciprocates by bringing down bulky Poison-types, such as Weezing, for Sawk. Skuntank is a problematic Dark-type with a secondary Poison typing that allows it to take Close Combats. Quagsire, Golem, and Torterra can all do it in with a powerful Ground STAB. Quagsire is a wall among walls, as it outright ignores Mesprit's stat boosts, so it is important to pack a reliable Grass-type, such as Tangela or Torterra, to deal with the blue amphibian. Of course, with Substitute, Mesprit can outstall a number of its checks with Toxic Spikes support. Unfortunately, Garbodor is the only viable option for setting up Toxic Spikes.</p>

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Thunder Wave / Toxic
move 4: U-turn
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Now, what's a Mesprit analysis without a support set? Here is where the Sinnoh legendary trio's traditional utility set emerges. While Azelf and Uxie have stolen its thunder in higher tiers, Mesprit has no such competition in NU. It has the bulk to tank many hits, the movepool to run a variety of support moves, and enough attacking prowess to remain competent offensively. What more could you ask for? Thanks to these aforementioned traits, Mesprit can consistently set up Stealth Rock. U-turn is another popular choice to scout the opponent's switch-in, escape unfavorable match-ups, or simply to gain momentum. Thunder Wave and Toxic allow Mesprit to shut down troublesome sweepers. Psychic rounds off the set, as it gives Mesprit enough firepower to remain useful even after it has exhausted its support movepool.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Due to Stealth Rock's wide distribution, Mesprit can opt to use a different support move, with Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Trick Room, and Safeguard all being excellent options. Zen Headbutt can be used instead of Psychic if you prefer a physical STAB, although the slight drop in power and imperfect accuracy can leave you pulling your hair out at times. The current EV spread offers optimal overall bulk, with a slight bias towards the physical spectrum to take powerful Close Combats from Pokemon such as Sawk. A specially defensive spread is certainly a viable option.</p>

<p>Despite Mesprit's excellent defensive stats, it is easily devoured by powerful Dark- and Bug-types such as Absol and Pinsir. Powerful Fighting- and Bug-types, such as Sawk and Pinsir, can be used to remove Dark-types from the equation; powerful Rock- and Fire-types, such as Golem and Camerupt, can be used to deal with Bug-types.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Psychic
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Trick / U-turn
item: Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Now, Mesprit's Special Attack and Speed are decent, but not otherworldly. Solution? Make it otherworldly! With a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs attached, Mesprit loses the flexibility of changing moves, but becomes a much more fearsome attacker. Psychic is the most powerful move on this set thanks to STAB, and due to the lack of Psychic resists in NU, it can be spammed mindlessly once Dark-types have been exorcised. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are both useful coverage moves, allowing Mesprit to bring down Psychic resists, such as Jynx and Exeggutor. As with any other Choice item user, Trick is an excellent option, allowing Mesprit to cripple troublesome walls such as Probopass. U-turn is another viable option to scout opposing switch-ins and gain momentum.</p>

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread maximizes Speed and Special Attack, while the Timid nature ensures at least a Speed tie with other positive base 80s. A bulkier spread can be used, but that will only detract from Mesprit's offensive capabilities. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting can be used instead to offer better coverage, although this is a moot point for Mesprit as it'll usually be locked into one move.</p>

<p>Careful prediction is obviously the key to using this set; however, Dark- and Bug-types will lick their chops whenever Mesprit comes out, as they can come in and force it out. A powerful Fighting- or Bug-type, such as Gurdurr or Armaldo, can deal with Dark-types, while a powerful Fire- or Rock-type, such as Magmortar or Regirock, can crush the Bug-types. A number of special walls, such as Lickilicky and Probopass, can pose problems regardless, so it is advisable to carry a powerful physical attacker, such as Sawk.</p>

[SET]
name: Offensive Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting / Ice Beam
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Although SubCM is undoubtedly Mesprit's flagship set, that is not to say that an all-out offensive Calm Mind set does not have merit. While Substitute is useful for many situations, this set trades that utility for coverage, speed, and power. It still possesses decent bulk, and can easily find itself an opportunity to set up. Calm Mind is, of course, the most important move on this set, driving Mesprit's modestly high Special Attack to unimaginable heights. Psychic is the STAB move of choice, and the chance of a Special Defense drop further increases Mesprit's offensive potency. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting provide the best coverage, as these two moves hit almost every Pokemon that resists Psychic for super effective damage. On the other hand, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam still offers excellent neutral coverage, and doesn't force Mesprit to use a 30 Speed IV.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Without Substitute, Mesprit has no reason to invest in bulk, and can afford to invest in maximum Speed and a Timid nature, although Mesprit still won't be winning a gold in the 100 meter dash. Life Orb is the item of choice, and with maximum Special Attack investment, Mesprit can punch through some of the bulkiest of walls. However, a Lum Berry can be used instead to cure Mesprit of status, as you never know when a surprise Thunder Wave could cut its sweep short.</p>

<p>If you opt for the Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting combination, consider using a spread of 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe to outpace Absol, as Hidden Power Fighting forces imperfect Speed IVs upon Mesprit. With Calm Mind, Life Orb, and Hidden Power Fighting, Mesprit can defeat variants of Absol that do not carry Sucker Punch. A Modest nature can be used instead, but this only exacerbates Mesprit's Speed issues. Psyshock can be used instead of Psychic to deal with Cryogonal and Lickilicky, but the drop in power is usually not worth it.</p>

<p>As discussed before, bring along Pokemon such as Sawk, Quagsire, and Golem to exterminate Absol, Skuntank, and the like. Quagsire remains one of Mesprit's greatest foes, so be sure to pack a reliable Grass-type to wipe that smug look off its face.</p>

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Healing Wish
move 4: Psychic / U-turn
item: Light Clay
nature: Bold / Impish
evs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>"And in display C we have the third of the Sinnoh legendary trio dual screens users." That's how most people look at Mesprit, due to its inferior Speed. That being said, Mesprit has one trick up its sleeve that its upper tier siblings do not have: Healing Wish. This move allows Mesprit to rejuvenate a battered sweeper and turn the tides of the game in your favor. Not only does Healing Wish completely cure the recipient of all damage and status ailments, it also gives them a safe switch-in. Reflect and Light Screen are, of course, required on this set. Many powerful attackers turn into untouchable behemoths behind the safety of dual screens. Psychic ensures Mesprit is not Taunt bait while simultaneously providing it with decent offense. On the other hand, U-turn can be used to gain momentum if you don't want to use Healing Wish quite yet.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Unlike its offensive sets, this set does not require much support, because it's usually the one providing the support, and what a fine job it does. The possibilities are endless. You could use powerful set up sweepers, such as Absol, Samurott, and Altaria, who can use the screens to grab an easy boost. You could use slow, heavy hitting tanks, such as Regirock and Exeggutor, who can take anything and fire off their powerful attacks behind screens. Now, the few Pokemon that trouble this strategy are Taunt users and Dark-types with Pursuit. However, this set will usually be paired with Sawk and other powerful attackers who can easily take out whatever seems to be bothering Mesprit.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>With such a wide and varied movepool, it is not surprising that Mesprit can run a number of successful unorthodox sets. The most prominent of these is the Trick Room set. Not only does this bypass Mesprit's Speed issues, it also allows other slow, heavy hitters to get the jump on the opponent's frail sweepers. The apparition from Lake Verity is more than capable of imposing itself on opposing walls thanks to its base 105 Special Attack. Speaking of Special Attack, Mesprit can opt to use Charge Beam in place of Calm Mind and Thunderbolt, which would open up a moveslot for another coverage move. However, Calm Mind is useful for augmenting Mesprit's decent special bulk, while Charge Beam lacks Thunderbolt's initial power. One trait that's often overlooked is Mesprit's base 105 Attack. With a movepool consisting of Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, U-turn, and Acrobatics, Mesprit can function as anything from a Choice Band attacker to an acrobat with a Flying Gem. Rounding off Mesprit's support movepool are useful moves such as Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Safeguard.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>A Mesprit matched up against a Skuntank just reeks of the stench of defeat. Not only is Skuntank immune to Mesprit's Psychic STAB, its secondary Poison typing means Mesprit cannot hit it for super effective damage with Hidden Power Fighting. On the other hand, Skuntank has no trouble decimating Mesprit with moves such as Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Crunch. Absol can deal with Mesprit in a similar manner, although it must watch out for Hidden Power Fighting on the switch. Powerful Bug-types, such as Pinsir and Armaldo, can chop up the harbinger of emotions with powerful X-Scissors. Armaldo doubles as a check to the support variant thanks to Rapid Spin. Quagsire can take on any Calm Mind set, as it outright ignores the boosts thanks to Unaware, imbuing frustration into Mesprit with its dopey stare. Sturdy special walls, such as Probopass, Lickilicky, and Cryogonal, can all take on variants that lack Hidden Power Fighting or Psyshock.</p>

col49

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Ehh, maybe it's just me here, but I'd call Weather/TR AC material for the support set (or another set entirely, but not really my call). U-Turn is just so much nicer imo. Also, I really don't know what the Utility Counter is supposed to do .-. Maybe you could give some justification/logs for it, but to me it just seems like the support set with an alternative attack. Also, Physical Choice is a pretty solid option on Mesprit, so you may want to mention that somewhere as well. Oh, and I believe you meant "Light Screen" on the Dual Screens set :)

breh

強いだね
on EVs:

IMO don't invest in speed; just use max HP. Mesprit has good bulk and it's a good idea to use it.

trickscarf seems like a terrible idea.

Style_Dota

Bloo Wannabe
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sub CM has to be included in this. It's basically one of if not the most popular offensive Mesprit set right now. I'm not sure exactly of the EV spread, but I'm fairly sure that it's reasonably bulky. The move set is:
Substitute
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Psyshock / Psychic

Most Mesprit's that I've faced that have been support have had the move set SR/ U-turn/ Psychic/ Thunder Wave or Ice Beam. Weather might be best to mention mainly in the AC

Healing Wish in Dual Screens seems too Gimicky imo. I'd replace that with U-Turn in order to possibly guarantee a safer switch into one of your other mons/ scouting.

I personally don't like the Utility Counter set. Mesprit really is best suited as either a support mon or a bulky CMer. I'd remove that imo.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I know you're not done with this but please cut down on the slashes =(

Also I had a cool set as a utility counter, it fucked with Roselia and a few other things by being physically based (nobody expects physical Mesprit). I'll test it some more by the time you get done with the skeleton.

New World Order

Licks Toads
Ehh, maybe it's just me here, but I'd call Weather/TR AC material for the support set (or another set entirely, but not really my call). U-Turn is just so much nicer imo. Also, I really don't know what the Utility Counter is supposed to do .-. Maybe you could give some justification/logs for it, but to me it just seems like the support set with an alternative attack. Also, Physical Choice is a pretty solid option on Mesprit, so you may want to mention that somewhere as well. Oh, and I believe you meant "Light Screen" on the Dual Screens set :)
lol, the utility counter set was stolen from the DPP UU analysis, I honestly have no clue what its for, but it was apparently the #1 set. I'll probably change it to tennisace's set when he's done with it.

on EVs:

IMO don't invest in speed; just use max HP. Mesprit has good bulk and it's a good idea to use it.

trickscarf seems like a terrible idea.
Depends on the set, in most cases Mesprit will be defensive, but on, say a Choice set, that Speed could prove useful. What's this about trickscarf? Mesprit doesn't even learn Trick. EDIT: nvm found it in DPP section

Sub CM has to be included in this. It's basically one of if not the most popular offensive Mesprit set right now. I'm not sure exactly of the EV spread, but I'm fairly sure that it's reasonably bulky. The move set is:
Substitute
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Psyshock / Psychic

Most Mesprit's that I've faced that have been support have had the move set SR/ U-turn/ Psychic/ Thunder Wave or Ice Beam. Weather might be best to mention mainly in the AC

Healing Wish in Dual Screens seems too Gimicky imo. I'd replace that with U-Turn in order to possibly guarantee a safer switch into one of your other mons/ scouting.

I personally don't like the Utility Counter set. Mesprit really is best suited as either a support mon or a bulky CMer. I'd remove that imo.
I'm thinking about splitting CM into offensive CM and defensive CM. Offensive CM will probably be a pseudo-suprachi type Poke, while defensive CM will include CM+Psychic+coverage move+Rest/Substitute. I honestly haven't used a single one of these sets yet lol, I haven't had any time to play due to exams, I'll make a decision during Christmas break. I'll probably be ACing the weather moves and Trick Room, since U-Turn is pretty important. Healing Wish, IMO is useful enough to justify a slot. You can basically give one of your Pokes a second lease of life, while also going out with a bang to ensure a safe switchin, basically the same strategy as Dual Screens+Memento, except better. I will probably slash U-Turn with either Psychic or Healing Wish, can't decide which though, thoughts? The utility counter was stolen from DPP UU analysis.

I know you're not done with this but please cut down on the slashes =(

Also I had a cool set as a utility counter, it fucked with Roselia and a few other things by being physically based (nobody expects physical Mesprit). I'll test it some more by the time you get done with the skeleton.
I'll cut down the slashes when I determine which moves are superior lol. Looking forward to that utility counter set.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
So I'm thinking the sets you want are:
Support - Psychic / SR / U-Turn / coverage or status - this can have various utility counter-ish options (and weather) in AC.
SubCM - 252 HP / 252 SpA Modest - Sub / CM / Psychic / T-Bolt or Ice Beam (HP Fighting AC) - best set by far.
CM + 3 Attacks (fast w/ LO, but this is quite a lot worse than SubCM)
Physical Choice
Special Choice (both with Trick)
Dual Screens

Magic coat should be mentioned on any mespirit you plan to lead with, I have had great success using it in my sun team - reflects other stealth rock leads, gets sun up, u-turns, 2 turns ahead. You basically get stealth rock up unless you are outpredicted, then they waste another turn with their rocks and can set up weather/status/u-turn into a counter. It's actually incredible for a lead, at least deserves a mention.

On the set Dual Screener, SR should be an option over Psyshic. Really should be Dual Screener+SR and Healing Wish, U-turn or Psychic.

And Trick need mention in the set Choice.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
subcm should really look like

[SET]
name: SubCM
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
move 4: Substitute
ability: Levitate
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

a fully defensive set should be AC but this is by far the best way to run it and rest is ass. this should also be the first set; support is common/useful but this is the best set mesprit can pull off well

New World Order

Licks Toads
k, so I've finally gone around to playing with this thing, and the more I do, the more I think that a Sunny Day (and perhaps Trick Room/ Rain Dance) set should be included. Victreebel does that :D I'm also not really sure why Psyshock deserves an entire slash. Honestly, the only thing I've used it for so far is Cryo.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
By all means, add a weather support set, or mention weather support in the current support set. Mesprit did receive these kinds of sets in higher tiers, so I'm not sure why it shouldn't be in the NU analysis. NU also lacks solid weather supporters, which (coincidentally) Mesprit is, with its bulk, U-turn, Healing Wish and all that!

Style_Dota

Bloo Wannabe
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to see Trick Room mentioned in at least the Other Options. I've been running a TR Mesprit and it works amazingly (with a bit of a personal gimmick)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Trick Room deserves merit in OO, probably not a full set. Psyshock is primarily for Lickilicky, who always breaks 252 HP Mesprit's sub with Return. Note that 252 HP / 196 Def leaves Mesprit where its Sub will not ever be broken by Return (well, actually, my damage calc says it maxes out at 25%, where it takes 216 Def EVs to drop it to 24.73%). Close enough.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK here we go:

Order of sets should be:

SubCM
Support
Special Choice
Offensive CM
Dual Screens

with Physical Choice in OO. I'm ordering by what I see the most and effectiveness here. Dual Screens isn't seen very often but I think it deserves a set because of Healing Wish, but Physical Choice is really inferior to Special Choice and I literally never see it. Now for each individual set:

SubCM:

The order of moves should be Sub first I think since its the most important move of the set? Rest of the set looks good.

Support:

Looks good.

Special Choice:

Choice Scarf should be the #1 item on this, its the most common by far and Mesprit is kind of shitty with Specs. I almost want to slash U-turn with Trick but I'm not too sure about that, other QC members thoughts here? That would make the moveset Psychic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/(Trick/U-turn).

Offensive CM:

Looks fine though you don't tie with Base 80's anymore so maybe drop the speed down to +spe 75s? I used this a lot in the previous meta but I used BoltBeam > Shadow Ball + HP Fight. I still might recommend it but it depends on how much +1 HP Fight does to Probopass.

Dual Screens:

Sure, most of this should focus on how good it is with Shell Smashers and RP Torterra and the like etc.

Other Options:

Trick Room, Physical Choice, SubCharge, other bullshit (in that order).

Yeah, I'm liking uturn slashed behind trick on the special choice set, just for the sake of momentum anyways. Regarding coverage on the Offensive CM set, BoltBeam is honestly better coverage, so I would use that with Shadow Ball / HP Fighting in AC (you hit the birds and Shell Smashers hard with Thunderbolt!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
Offensive CM:

Looks fine though you don't tie with Base 80's anymore so maybe drop the speed down to +spe 75s? I used this a lot in the previous meta but I used BoltBeam > Shadow Ball + HP Fight. I still might recommend it but it depends on how much +1 HP Fight does to Probopass.
86.4% - 102.5%

The improved coverage might be worth the imperfect Speed, so Shadow Ball+HP Fighting should at least IMO be AC.

tennisace

That's dicey... About 50% chance of an OHKO after rocks. If it got the KO i would say keep it as the main option but make it AC.

breh

強いだね
I used a set of Sub/RD/U-turn/Zen Headbutt when running weather with leftovers and max HP / max attack Adamant; something else got up rocks. The reason for this odd set is mostly because:

Substitute is the only way mesprit does not instalose to absol, which is a threat to rain (and sun, I'd assume) in general because of its priority and the fact that a lot of stuff on both types of teams is frail as hell. if you get a sub up, you u-turn out and OHKO. you can also get past cacturne this way as well.

Leftovers > Damp Rock because Mesprit has no recovery otherwise; on a mon as bulky as mesprit, 3-turn rain is more than sufficient. it's also a sawk check.

On a side note, you may want to mention adding more attack on Specs and Support especially for OHKOing Cacturne (by running Naiive and Sassy, respectively); I always find it kind of depressing when they u-turn out and do 91% while I get up spikes layers or attack.

in Dual Screens, slash Impish since Psychic / U-turn is your only attack.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Tennisace, bearing in mind that Probopass will probably have Leftovers + Sturdy...

Shadow Ball + HP Fighting gives by far the best super effective coverage on things that resist Psychic, which is what's important when you have three attacks to play with. Dropping the speed down to Adamant Absol might be an idea, I suppose.

New World Order

Licks Toads
Okay, I shall allow the T-bolt+Ice Beam vs Shadow Ball+HP Fighting question be fought out by QC for now. I think it'd be much easier to just use slashes but w/e.

tennisace

I agree with slashes. Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt and HP Fight / Ice Beam should be the last two moves of the set.

tennisace

Psyshock on Offensive CM to AC, it wasn't that useful when I tried it. Other than that, good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)