Pet Mod Metamorphosis (Slate 7: Minior, Eiscue, Unovan-Darmanitan (voting))

What should we do for the future of the mod?

• Keep current mons, add to Natdex OU

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Completely revamp the mod, add to Natdex OU

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Completely revamp the mod, create a micrometa

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Keep current mons, turn into micrometa

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Magmajudis

Title pending
-Approved by AquaticPanic
Metamorphosis

This mod aims to create new form changing Pokemon. This will be achieved through new signature abilities/moves allowing their users to change form, with the goal of finding interesting ways to change form so that the actual mons end up being interesting to play.

This would be a Natdex OU meta.

The submission phase would last a week and slates would focus on 3-4 mons chosen by the council.

You can give it up to 5 new moves (Including the form chaning move if you make it a move)

If you make it an ability, you can either give it as a new one or replace an old one.

You may add up to 40 BST to the mon to make it more viable.

Both forms should have the same ability and a type in common.

You can add up to 60 BST between forms, and you can also remove as much BST as you want between forms (for example if you change Slow Start or Defeatist to be a form change)

Of course, submissions should stay balanced and have good flavor.

If your submission can change between it's two forms very easily (like Aegislash), be sure that both have their uses and serve a purpose.

For example you could give Cryogonal a small boost in stats (for example in Defense to let it perform better), and give it an ability that change it to an Ice/Water form when under Sun based on it's dex entries.

Some slates may enforce what makes the mon change form but tey won't happen very often.

Council:

:blacephalon: Magmajudis
:archeops: NeonNitroGlycerin
:servine: kakaks
:wingull: Albatr0ss

Discord server
Spreadsheet: Coming

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
Alright, 4 reserved should be enough.

Let's hop into the first slate!

It will be focused on :archeops: Archeops and :regigigas: Regigigas!

Now, for this slate specifically, i have to enforce how they will change form. They will keep their abilities (Defeatist/Slow Start) but they will be edited to change form instead of change stats. That means Archeops must change form when going under 50% HP and Regigigas must change forme for it's first 5 active turns.

Remember to keep your subs balanced, and have fun!

Submissions will last 5 days.

Last edited:
1620413596700.png

Name: Archeops
Type: Rock / Flying
Ability: Defeatist - Enters Sadness Form while below 50% of its max HP.
New Base Form Stats: 75 / 145 / 65 / 120 / 65 / 120
Sadness Form Stats: 75 / 110 / 105 / 100 / 105 / 100
New Moves: Accelerock, Parting Shot, Brave Bird, Hone Claws
Description: Archeops, but Defeatist isnt the absolute trash heap it used to be. The idea with Sadness Form is that it gets weaker, but still isnt TOO weak. The added bulk makes it easier to Roost back to full strength when needed, but it is still vulnerable to getting oneshotted from max HP or after rocks. Also, it now gets STAB Priority in Accelerock, actual good flying STAB in Brave Bird, an incredibly useful Stat buff in Hone Claws, and a flavorful pivoting option in Parting Shot.

1620413656045.png

Name: Regigigas
Relic Form Type: Rock / Normal
Awakened Form Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start - Begins the battle in Relic Form, but enters Awakened Form for the rest of the battle after 5 total turns of being active.
Relic Form Stats: 110 / 80 / 140 / 80 / 140 / 50
Awakened Form Stats: 110 / 160 / 110 / 80 / 110 / 100
New Moves: None
Description: There are 3 major changes here. The first is that Slow Start now lasts for Regigigas's first 5 active turns TOTAL, not its first 5 active turns whenever it switches in. The second is that instead of just having its ATK and SPE cut by an ability, the base stats are what changes. This may not sound important, but it makes it so that Body Press is not affected by Slow Start. The final change is that during Slow Start, its defenses are significantly increased. This makes it so that it doesn't just die extremely quickly when it's sent out, and so that it can still hit quite hard with Body Press during those first 5 turns.

Also, here's a template:

Name:
Form 1/Base Form Type:
Form 2 Type:
Ability:
Form 1/Base Form Stats:
Form 2 Stats:
New Moves:
Description:

Also, the Discord is linked in the original post for those who want to join!

Last edited:
:ss/regigigas:
Sleepy Form's Type: Normal
Awakened Form's Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start - For the first 5 turns this pokemon is in battle, this pokemon is in its Sleepy Form. After those 5 turns are up this pokemon turns into its Awakened form. Resets upon switch out.
Sleepy Form Stats: 110 / 80 / 140 / 90 / 140 / 100 (670)
Awakened Form Stats: 110 / 130 / 110 / 120 / 110 / 130 (710)
New Moves: Dragon Energy, Thunder Cage, Ice Beam, Tri Attack, Flash Cannon
Description: Its Sleepy form is bulkier and is special. While its Awakened form is faster and physical. It learns some new special moves to be able to run a special set. Please help me I don't know think this is balanced.
Flavor: Regigigas gets sleepy and bad at fighting back, but when it wakes up it is very buff.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Type:

Ability: Slow Start (Changes into its Master form after 5 turns and stays in that form until fainting)
Stats:
Regular: 110/120/80/80/80/100 (580)
Master: 110/160/110/80/110/100 (680)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Meteor Mash, Stone Edge, Outrage, Wild Charge, Recover
Description: Regigigas is a decent somewhat underwhelming Pokémon for the first five turns. However once those pass, it'll get it's regular stats and without any drawbacks. The only difficulty will be to make it last for 5 turns.
Flavor: I gave it the a move for each type of Regi there is.

:ss/archeops:
Type: Flying/Rock
Grounded Form Type: Ground/Rock (changed because discord server stuff)
Ability: Defeatist (now enters Grounded form when below 50% HP)
Base Form Stats: 75 / 140 / 65 / 112 / 65 / 110
Grounded Form Stats: 65 / 110 / 65 / 92 / 55 / 120
New Moves: N/A
Description: I wanted to make this entry based on the Sw/Sh dex entries for this mon, and this is what I came up with. In Grounded Form you are weaker, but you can just roost back to full health and still kick back into action. That's why I gave it the extra speed, Grounded Form is not that useful but you can still recover from it.
Flavor: In Grounded Form, Archeops trains for mid-air (Shield Entry reference,) and when it goes back to flying, it's a bit less faster, but it can still fly (higher speed + sword entry reference about needing a running start to take off)

Last edited:
Normal Form Type: Rock/Flying
Play Dead Form Type: Rock/Ghost
Ability: Defeatist (If Archeops, turns into Normal Form if it has more than 1/2 of its max HP, else Play Dead)
Normal Form Stats: 75 / 140 / 65 / 112 / 65 / 110 [BST: 567]
Play Dead Form Stats: 75 / 130 / 95 / 102 / 95 / 10 [BST: 507]
New Moves: Brave Bird, Icy Wind, Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak
Description: Now, Archeops can Play Dead, getting more defense from it exchange with a huge speed drop and a bit of attack and special attack drop, give it a chance to survive next attack, also exchange a Flying type with a Ghost type. That makes Shadow Sneak becomes STAB priority in Play Dead Form.

Strengthened Form Type: Normal
Weakened Form Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start (If Regigigas, for the first 5 turns, becomes Weakened, else Strengthened)
Strengthened Form Stats: 110 / 160 / 110 / 80 / 110 / 100 [BST: 670]
Weakened Form Stats: 110 / 100 / 110 / 50 / 110 / 60 [BST: 540]
New Moves: Bulk Up, Explosion, Recover
Description: Just look at this synergy, Bulk Up + Recover, then go kaboom after five turns (jk). Regigigas already has a very wide physical movepool and a good bulk, with Bulk Up and Recover, it can be even more dangerous. Explosion is just here because Regigigas normally can't use it while other regis can.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Name: Archeops (Archeops-Airborne)
Base Form Type: Flying / Rock
Airborne Form Type: Flying
Ability: Defeatist (At 50 HP and lower it changes form to Archeops-Airborne)
Base Form Stats: 75 HP / 140 Atk / 65 Def / 112 SpA / 65 SpD / 110 Spe
Airborne Form Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 70 Def / 112 SpA / 65 SpD / 130 Spe
New Moves: +Hurricane
Description: Archeops is all about being the first bird, so I think upon dropping down, Archeops should transform (or evolve) to be a true representative of ancestorial birds in build and typing. It can play around with Roost and Substitute to manipulate it's typing and stats at will and it goes from being a hard hitting dinosaur to sleek soaring bird (hence the stat changes). I also granted it Hurricane in case being purely special is the ideal spread.

Name: Regigigas-Slumber (Regigigas-Unleashed)
Base Form Type: Normal / Ghost
Unleashed Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start (Transforms into Regigigas-Unleashed if it stays on the field for five consecutive turns. Stays in Unleashed form for the duration of the match.)
Base Form Stats: 110 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 50 Spe
Unleashed Stats: 110 HP / 160 Atk / 110 Def / 100 SpA / 110 Def / 100 Spe
New Moves: +Shadow Ball, +Poltergeist, +Hex, +Shadow Claw, +Bulk Up
Description: Regigigas stays in a near death sleep for the duration of Slow Start, so I think the Ghost typing is cool there. It also just gives Regi more times to stay out on the field since it can wall more Pokémon. If you get off the 5 consecutive turns you get Regigigas-Unleashed, who I toned down slightly so we are not burdened by how good it is, but that can be addressed if so requested.

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
24 hour warning for subs! The council decided to shorten thr submission phase this time around due to people showing a lack of interest in this specific slate (mostly due to the fact the way to change form is enforced this time around)

One small thing, G-Luke, i think your Regigigas would definitly be fine if it's Unleashed form kept the same stats as base Regigigas!

Also SlowAndBruh, while this is not a veto, i would recommend removing the +10 Speed for your Archeops, and would also recommend toning down the Grounded form's stats, as it currently doesn't change that much (if anything, it gives it a better STAB combination, which may actually make Archeops want to get into that forme).

That's all i had to say!

Also SlowAndBruh, while this is not a veto, i would recommend removing the +10 Speed for your Archeops, and would also recommend toning down the Grounded form's stats, as it currently doesn't change that much (if anything, it gives it a better STAB combination, which may actually make Archeops want to get into that forme).

That's all i had to say!
aight thanks, i'll try to implement as soon as possible.

Submissions are now closed, and voting has begun!
Vote for your 3 favorite submissions for each Pokemon, in the order of Best, Second Best, Third Best.
As a reminder, this slate was shorter than future slates will be, due to a lack of interest in the constraints of this slate specifically.
Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Lyd, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze

So this voting format is good, cuz' Lyd voted for himself as second three times, and when you add everything up, he gave himself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions he made for the slate x2. However, say he liked his Stallbreaker submission a lot, and he really wants it to win, he can play around with his votes a little bit:

Stallbreaker: Lyd, Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Lyd, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze, Lyd

So to make his Stallbreaker first vote, he moved his Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what he wants. Let's say that he likes his Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and he didn't like his Stallbreaker submission too much. He can do this:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity, G-Luke
Special Wall: Lyd, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Lyd, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze

3 + 3 adds up to six, so he's good to that. Small note that this can't be done if he made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions he made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had he only made a single submission, he'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives him only two self-vote points. We hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM anyone from the council and we'll explain it as best as we can.
Voting will last for 2 days, and the next slate will be Golurk, Bronzong, and Cryogonal.

Last edited:
Voting is closed!
Winners:
G-Luke's Archeops-Airborne
Base Form Type: Flying / Rock
Airborne Form Type: Flying
Ability: Defeatist (At 50 HP and lower it changes form to Archeops-Airborne)
Base Form Stats: 75 HP / 140 Atk / 65 Def / 112 SpA / 65 SpD / 110 Spe
Airborne Form Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 70 Def / 112 SpA / 65 SpD / 130 Spe
New Moves: +Hurricane
Description: Archeops is all about being the first bird, so I think upon dropping down, Archeops should transform (or evolve) to be a true representative of ancestorial birds in build and typing. It can play around with Roost and Substitute to manipulate it's typing and stats at will and it goes from being a hard hitting dinosaur to sleek soaring bird (hence the stat changes). I also granted it Hurricane in case being purely special is the ideal spread.

G-Luke's Regigigas-Slumber and Regigigas-Unleashed
Slumber Form Type: Normal / Ghost
Unleashed Form Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start (Transforms into Regigigas-Unleashed if it stays on the field for five consecutive turns. Stays in Unleashed form for the duration of the match.)
Base Form Stats: 110 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 50 Spe
Unleashed Stats: 110 HP / 160 Atk / 110 Def / 100 SpA / 110 Def / 100 Spe
New Moves: +Shadow Ball, +Poltergeist, +Hex, +Shadow Claw, +Bulk Up
Description: Regigigas stays in a near death sleep for the duration of Slow Start, so I think the Ghost typing is cool there. It also just gives Regi more times to stay out on the field since it can wall more Pokémon. If you get off the 5 consecutive turns you get Regigigas-Unleashed, who I toned down slightly so we are not burdened by how good it is, but that can be addressed if so requested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)