Monotype Mew (Psychic)

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Good bulk, good defensive typing, and various utility options allow Mew to serve as an effective defensive stallbreaker on Psychic teams that a majority of types hate dealing with. Through Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, and Taunt, Mew aims to cripple and wall many defensive and offensive Pokemon alike. Walls such as Toxapex, Celesteela, Chansey, and Ferrothorn are all shut down by Taunt, while various offensive Pokemon such as Excadrill, Mimikyu, Nidoking, and Kyurem-B have trouble taking Mew down because of its good bulk. Its Speed allows it to outspeed and burn Adamant Mimikyu, a huge threat to Psychic teams, while also outspeeding other threats such as Nidoking and Suicune. Another reason why Mew can be so dangerous is because of Psychic's amazing team support, with Latios and Latias being able to Defog away hazards to keep it healthy. Latias, along with other Pokemon such as Celebi and Jirachi, is also able to back Mew up with Healing Wish in case it gets worn down or crippled by status.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
really good job, did not have much to say!

Mew @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Due to its access to good bulk, a good defensive typing and various utility options, Mew is able to serve as an effective defensive stallbreaker on Psychic teams that a majority of types in the Monotype metagame hate dealing with. Through Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, and Taunt, along with reliable recovery in Roost, Mew aims to cripple and wall many defensive and offensive Pokemon alike. Walls such as Toxapex, Celesteela, Chansey, and Porygon2 are all broken down by Taunt. While various offensive Pokemon such as Excadrill, Mimikyu, Nidoking, Kyurem-B, and Diggersby have trouble taking Mew down because of its good bulk and hate being crippled. The speed allows Mew to outspeed and burn Adamant Mimikyu, a particularily huge threat to Psychic teams, while also outspeeding other threats such as Nidoking and Suicune. Another reason why Mew can be so dangerous is because of Psychic's amazing team support, with Latios and Latias being able to Defog away hazards, namely Spikes and Toxic Spikes to keep it healthy. Latias, along with other Pokemon such as Celebi and Jirachi, is also able to back Mew up with Healing Wish support in case it gets worn down or crippled by status.

Check out this replay to see Mew in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-919968180
- I wouldn't talk about normals defensive core in pokemon it can wear down, normal has been not good for a while, use more meta relevant examples.

QC 1/1

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Spoke to maroon over discord, so I'll only do Ferrothorn > Porygon2 because I think stallbreaking Chansey is still impressive. Also didn't implement the minor wording change because I didn't agree with it.

Implemented the rest, time to slap this thing into GP

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Most of these changes were in order to hit the 1000 character limit, though it still falls around 30 characters order. However, if you cut at least two Pokemon mentioned in the quoted message, you'll be able to be over by about 3-5 characters (unless you choose to remove the replay, in which case you should be fine with characters to spare). Still over the limit, though it's much better, and I didn't want to do it myself because one Pokemon might've been a more important inclusion than another. If you have any questions about anything I excluded, you know my Discord. :pimp:
Walls such as Toxapex, Celesteela, Chansey, and Ferrothorn are all broken down by Taunt, while various offensive Pokemon such as Excadrill, Mimikyu, Nidoking, Kyurem-B, and Diggersby have trouble taking Mew down because of its good bulk and hate being crippled.
edit: went over some stuff regarding the top statement
add remove (comments)

Mew @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Due to its access to good Good bulk, a good defensive typing, (AC) and various utility options, (RC) allow Mew is able to serve as an effective defensive stallbreaker on Psychic teams that a majority of types in the Monotype metagame hate dealing with. Through Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, and Taunt, along with reliable recovery in Roost, (RC) Mew aims to cripple and wall many defensive and offensive Pokemon alike. Walls such as Toxapex, Celesteela, Chansey, and Ferrothorn are all broken shut down by Taunt, while various offensive Pokemon such as Excadrill, Mimikyu, Nidoking, and Kyurem-B have trouble taking Mew down because of its good bulk and hate being crippled. The speed Its Speed allows Mew it to outspeed and burn Adamant Mimikyu, a huge threat to Psychic teams, while also outspeeding other threats such as Nidoking and Suicune. Another reason why Mew can be so dangerous is because of Psychic's amazing team support, with Latios and Latias being able to Defog away hazards, namely Spikes and Toxic Spikes to keep it healthy. Latias, along with other Pokemon such as Celebi and Jirachi, is also able to back Mew up with Healing Wish support in case it gets worn down or crippled by status.

Check out this replay to see Mew in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-919968180 (went over on discord)
1/1:blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)