MILK a UU RMT

(pics by pluff)

Introduction to the team

This is my first UU team since early DP. I made it with the idea of Screechipom in mind, which is Ambipom with Screech. After going through several stages of the team, I present the most recent and most successful version.

On a side note, I am looking for artwork for Uxie, Hitmontop and Roserade. It can be cute, vicious, a pre-evo, whatever you feel like drawing. Thanks to anyone who joins in.

The team at a glance

The team in detail

(YOUR ARTWORK HERE) Uxie @ Lum Berry

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
---
Uxie is a superb lead. I haven't had a game where it hasn't set up Stealth Rocks. I chose Zen Headbutt over Psychic for two reasons. Firstly, it doesn't take away from U-turns power which is always useful. Secondly, with Thunder Wave, the flinch chance is rather helpful, if I get lucky. U-turn scouts, gets me out of an awful situation and into a potentially fantastic one. Thunder Wave really helps out my slow team and the full paralysis is beautiful. Not to mention a lot of leads are built to be fast, so Thunder Wave nullifies that. Stealth Rock is simply Stealth Rock. The generic EVs give maximum bulk on the physical side which is never going to not be useful. I chose Lum Berry so I always get Stealth Rock up, regardless of Sleep Powder or what not. Uxie really helps my team for its Ground immunity, Stealth Rock which helps deal with any Flying types. Well, helps deal with anything really. The damage adds up with Spikes as well. Thunder Wave is one of the most useful moves due to my team not hitting over 300 Speed. My main damage dealer, Donphan, really appreciates everything being slower than itself.

Synergy
Dark-Hitmontop
Ghost-...
Bug-Hitmontop, Rotom
(YOUR ARTWORK HERE) Hitmontop @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Rest
- Close Combat
---
Hitmontop was originally put on my team for Drapion. I had a few members by then and I could see I was severely Drapion weak. Stone Edge stops any Flying types taking advantage of Hitmontop as well as making a good combo with its Fighting STAB. Mach Punch is incredible, if only for the priority. Priority in this game is so useful considering the amount of fast sweepers. Rest stops it from dying and it has the bulk to survive the two turns of sleep. Close Combat is the generic power attack and, although it will have to switch afterwards, it isn't Pursuit weak, which is a bonus, making switching much safer. EVs again for massive physical bulk which really helps with taking on Drapion, Absol and the like. Intimidate is used for this reason as well. Leftovers was chosen as Hitmontop really needs constant recovery, no matter how small. Intimidate is so good and really helps me with hard hitters. Its Fighting STAB makes Clefable much easier to take down, as well as hitting hard regardless of what it hits. Mach Punch, priority. Priority is just amazing. I was thinking of swapping Rest for Toxic but, really, Hitmontop loves recovery.

Synergy
Flying-Rotom
Psychic-Uxie
(YOUR ARTWORK HERE) Roserade @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 48 HP/208 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
---
Spikes, Spikes, Spike. Roserade is here for Spikes. It has a good typing which always comes in useful, and a nice Speed which is a pleasant change. Energy Ball gets STAB and hits the many Water types in UU hard. Synthesis provides the recovery it needs to set up as many layers of Spikes as it can. Spikes is an incredible move, especially when combined with Stealth Rock. The switch-in damage is just insane. Sludge Bomb murders the Grass types that would otherwise safely stay in, as well as getting STAB and having a high base power. The EVs give a high Special Attack as well as a good Speed of 294, making it the faster member of my team. Leftovers again for constant recovery, and Natural Cure stops the need for Lum Berry. Taking care of bulky waters is incredibly helpful for Donphan, who obviously hates Surf. Walling the Grass types is good as well, for Donphan, Azumarill and Rotom.

Synergy
Fire-Azumarill
Psychic-Uxie
Ice-Azumarill

Donphan @ Choice Band

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Assurance
- Superpower
---
Oh my, it hits like a truck. Priority Ice is so good at the moment, destroying Yanmgea, Roserade, Swellow and Altaria, to name a few. Earthquake is the generic choice for any Ground type, especially one with 120 base Attack. Once the Ground immune has been taken down, not much can switch in safely. Ice Shard gets the priority the otherwise slow Donphan craves and provides a check to many huge threats. An extra priority move is never a bad thing anyway. Assurance works well with Stealth Rock and Spikes and destroys Claydol and Rotom, two Pokemon that would switch into Donphan a lot. Superpower destroys any Normal types and is a good attack in general. Adamant nature and 252 Attack EVs make Donphan hit as hard as possible, and the HP gives it some great bulkiness. Choice Band pushes Donphan's Attack into obscene levels, which nobody can complain about.

Synergy
Grass-Roserade
Ice-Azumarill
Water-Azumarill, Roserade

Rotom @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/100 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Rotom is my only Normal and Flying resist, hence the bulkiness. Thunderbolt is a reliable STAB move and the only offensive move on the set. Will-o-wisp adds to the bulkiness by nullifying physical attackers, except for the Guts users of course. Rest and Sleep Talk are obvious. They both give me the survivability Rotom needs, as it will be taking a lot of hits. Attacking in its sleep is always going to help anyway. Max HP gives it some bulk and the Speed lets it outrun most Honchkrow for the Will-o-wisp. The Defence was extra but really helps with taking hits.

Synergy
Ghost-...
Dark-Hitmontop

Azumarill @ Leftovers

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 244 HP/240 Atk/4 Def/16 Spd/4 SDef
- Return
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
---
I needed a bulky Water for the last slot so decided to go with Azumarill. 100 HP/80 Def/80 S.Def is nothing to laugh at, especially with a typing as good as pure Water. Return is a strong and reliable move that pairs wonderfully with Waterfall, another great move. The flinch chance is always helpful, if Azumarill manages to outspeed something. Rest and Sleep Talk give it obscene survivability, nothing complex. The EVs give Azumarill huge bulk and an even bigger Attack, thanks to Huge Power.

Synergy
Grass-Roserade
Electric-Donphan, Rotom, Roserade

Special thanks

I made this team with the help of dragonfruit, a good friend of mine who I respect in terms of his ability to play. So yeah, a big thank you to him.

And a big thank you to jumpluff who made the adorable Donphan, Rotom and Azumarill artwork for my thread.

Thank you both!

Team building process

I started with Ambipom as, to be honest, Screechipom sounded awesome. High Speed, nice Attack, Screech, Pursuit, Double Hit, Brick Break sounded awesome and I had to try it out. I knew it couldn't lead, so I added Uxie to the mix.

Now I had Stealth Rock and a heavy hitter. I wanted Spikes. I wanted Spikes a lot. So I added one of the few Pokemon that learn it. Roserade also covered a few gaps in my team such as Grass resist, Water resist, Toxic Spikes absorber and a status absorber. It was perfect to use. I went with the slightly bulkier version because I wanted it to be able to set Spikes up.

This is when my huge Drapion weakness shined through. After a Swords Dance it will OHKO my whole team and nothing hits hard enough to stop it. Hitmontop seemed like a good counter, so that is what I went with. I didn't run Rapid Spin as I don't really fear any of the entry hazards that much what with three members having Rest, a Toxic Spikes absorber and no Stealth Rock weaks.

I looked again and saw the obscene Honchkrow weakness. Drill Peck was KOing my entire team bar Uxie who dies to Night Slash, Pursuit or Sucker Punch. I needed something to take it out, as well as other Flying types, so I looked to Piloswine. Ice Shard is so good in the current metagame and Piloswine has some pretty nice stats.

Now all I needed was a status taker, and I really wanted a bulky Water in there. Milotic is a bit boring so I chose to use Azumarill. 100 HP, 80 Defence, 80 Special Defence and a huge Attack stat makes Azumarill incredible at taking and dealing damage. With Rest and Sleep Talk, it is going to be surviving and a threat. Pretty awesome.

After a few matches I realised I could do more or less nothing to Claydol, and a lack of a Normal and Flying resist really hurt. So I got rid of Piloswine and replaced it with Rotom. Rotom stops Swellow dead and stops my Stealth Rock and Spikes being spun away, and I rely on them a lot.

But this just brought me back to the Honchkrow weakness. So I replaced Ambipom as it wasn't doing as well as I thought it would do. I wanted to play it like Screechgon, but sadly Ambipom doesn't have the resists that Flygon has so the set was more or a less a failure. Still did a lot of damage though. Over 80% to Weezing. Although I now had a Flying resist, Honchkrow still destroyed my team. I really missed the Ice priority. So Donphan was the obvious choice with its incredible bulk and amazing Attack.

And that is how I got to this version of the team. A few changes, but they were needed. The team has performed really well so far, in all honesty. I am new to UU but I can still play a decent game with it, so the team can't be too bad.

Threat list of the top 30

Blue means the Pokemon is no problem.
Purple means it can pose a threat.
Red means it is a serious threat to my team.

Roserade-Hard to switch into, especially if I switch Roserade in on the Sludge Bomb or super effective Hidden Power. But my own Roserade can take a Leaf Storm and use Sludge Bomb it take it out. I have three Pokemon to take status so the powders are no problem. Donphan can also revenge with Ice Shard.

Registeel-Donphan, Hitmontop and Rotom. Donphan will be destroying it with Earthquake, Hitmontop will be hurting it a lot with Close Combat and Rotom can burn and stall it out.

Mismagius-Ice Shard helps revenge it, but it seems hard for my team to handle due to the lack of a Ghost resist.

Milotic-Roserade hurts it a lot with Energy Ball and Synthesis helps to get the Ice Beam damage back. Azumarill can Return it for about 35% which will outstall it in the end.

Uxie-Rotom and Azumarill both outstall due to Uxie's lack of recovery. It will also hate switching into Donphan's Assurance.

Yanmega-Stealth Rock and Ice Shard. Rotom beats it as well.

Blaziken-Uxie and Azumarill handle it through their resists and their own STAB moves. Doesn't seem like a huge threat.

Hitmontop-Uxie resists its STAB and hurts with Zen Headbutt. Hitmontop can Intimidate and hurt with Close Combat or Mach Punch and Rotom can burn it and stall out the burn. Donphan can take a lot of physical abuse so I will list it here.

Ambipom-Hitmontop can Intimidate and beat with Close Combat or Mach Punch. Donphan can take most of its abuse. Rotom can take the Normal attack and burn it.

Azumarill-My own Azumarill. Roserade outspeeds and beats with Energy Ball. It won't like being having a burn from Rotom and will hate Thunderbolt. Hitmontop can Intimidate it. But really, nothing can switch in safely.

Rotom-Lack of Ghost resist hurts a lot. Assurance will help kill it but Donphan can't take many hits. I really can't handle this well.

Drapion-Hitmontop Intimidates and Close Combats, Donphan takes any hit and uses Earthquake or Ice Shard.

Clefable-Won't be able to take a Superpower from Donphan or a Close Combat from Hitmontop. Rotom can wall it pretty well thanks to resisting Normal. Azumarill can beat it with Waterfall easily enough. This is what I thought originally. Oh my God was I wrong. Clefable never dies, and if it has Trick Flame Orb my main ways of dealing with it have completely gone.

Spiritomb-Special variants are in the same boat as Mismagius and Rotom. However, other variants aren't really a problem. Donphan 2HKOs with Earthquake, Rotom can burn and it won't like Waterfalls from Azumarill.

Steelix-Donphan takes anything it can give out and can destroy it with Earthquake. Azumarill can put a dent in it with Waterfall and Roserade hurts it with Energy Ball. Rotom can outstall it if it burns it.

Arcanine-Azumarill can take anything it has and beat it with Waterfall. Donphan can beat the physical version with Earthquake but has to be careful of burn. Hitmontop can Intimidate it and Close Combat it which it won't like.

Absol-Hitmontop and Donphan. It can do nothing to both of them.

Torterra-Donphan can hurt it a lot with Ice Shard, Rotom can burn it. Nothing can really switch in safely though, to be honest.

Slowbro-Rotom and Azumarill. It will hate Energy Ball from Roserade and Donphan can hurt it a lot with Earthquake.

Toxicroak-Donphan takes everything it has and beats it with Earthquake. Rotom can burn it but gets hurt by Sucker Punch and Poison Jab. Uxie can Zen Headbutt it and abuse its 4x weakness. Azumarill is a last ditch effort with Return, Rest and Sleep Talk.

Claydol-Rotom. It can't do a thing to Rotom. Assurance hurts it a lot as well, as does Energy Ball. Azumarill beats it with Waterfall anyway.

Swellow-Rotom is the only thing I have for Swellow really. Donphan can revenge it with Ice Shard and it hates Stealth Rock.

Chansey-Hitmontop, Azumarill, Donphan. They all have moves that destroy Chansey, none of them fear anything it can give back and Hitmontop and Azumarill have Rest.

Altaria-Ice Shard ruins it. Intimidate helps out a lot and Stone Edge helps out again. Azumarill can take a hit and Return, and Rotom can burn and try to stall it out.

Moltres-Uxie takes its stuff well enough and can Thunder Wave it. It won't like Stealth Rock at all. Azumarill beats it easily enough.

Espeon-Uxie can Thunder Wave it and U-turn for some good damage. Azumarill can probably take a Psychic and then Waterfall back. Donphan can hurt it with Ice Shard. Another pain.

Sceptile-Roserade takes most of its attacks well and can beat it with Sludge Bomb. Donphan can revenge with Ice Shard. Leaf Storm will hurt everything though if Roserade is gone.

Venusaur-Uxie's Zen Headbutt will hurt it a lot. Roserade's Sludge Bomb will hurt it. Ice Shard will damage it a bit as will Earthquake if it tries to switch in. Rotom can burn it and try to outstall but STAB Grass attacks will not be nice to take.

Hitmonlee-Hitmontop can Intimidate it then abuse its low Defence with Mach Punch and Close Combat. Donphan can Ice Shard it and hopefully revenge kill it. Uxie takes everything it has easily and can hurt it with Zen Headbutt.

Houndoom-Azumarill can take the Fire attacks and a Dark Pulse before OHKOing with Waterfall. Hitmontop will love to Mach Punch it.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are a couple weaknesses on this team that just strike me as outstanding. First, Tinted Lens Specs Yanmega absolutely wrecks this team as hard as possible. Without any Choice Scarf users, or really anything above Base 90, this team has large issues taking Yanmega's assaults. Your only real way to beat it is to sacrifice something, then hit it with Waterfall from Azumarill, which is costing a stall team one entire member and most of another.

In addition, Kangaskhan really causes problems for your team for the same reason- it can basically OHKO or 2HKO your entire team with Choice Band Return, and there's nothing you can really do about it except sacrifice and revenge.

The easiest way to deal with this would just be to fit a Registeel over something on your team, since it can take hits from both (just watch out for Hammer Arm from Kanga!), but I can't really see where you would do it. As useful as Donphan seems, it feels like Registeel over Donphan would simply be more reliable. Maybe a Curse variant of Registeel, since it can give you a little lategame power and fixes your two biggest weaknesses. Registeel still resists Rock, Rotom and Roserade resist Electric, and Registeel is immune to Poison, so you don't really lose any coverage. The only really painful thing is the loss of Priority from Ice Shard.

(also registeel gives some coverage against espeon, mismagius, and to an extent rotom, which really hurt your team as it is currently)

Came here expecting Miltank. Was disappointed.

Since nearly every member of your team is a rest talker...why not put Aromatherapy on Roserade so they can get an extra attack? It'll also make rest on top worth it.

Rotom isn't very good defensively, I'd suggest you put Registeel over him like SDS suggested to give you a special attack absorber and half decent Yanmega counter.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I would recommend replacing Hitmontop with Steelix. Steelix remains an efficient counter to Drapion, and you will also gain a Ghost-type resistance and therefore have much less problems with Mismagius, Rotom, and Spiritomb.

It looks to me that with Hitmontop gone, Torterra looks a bit more menacing. If you currently aren't having many problems dealing with Torterra solely through Rotom and Ice Shard, you probably should be fine, but otherwise, you might consider Explosion on Steelix to help slightly with this problem. You might also consider giving Steelix Stealth Rock instead of Uxie, and using either HP Ice in the free slot, or Mesprit over Uxie, with Ice Beam over Stealth Rock (Steelix can set up Stealth Rock in its stead).

You mentioned that you disliked Milotic, but it would fit perfectly over Azumarill, helping with the aforementioned Tinted Lens Yanmega as well as opposing Azumarill and Mismagius. (Rest / Sleep Talk / Surf / Hidden Power [Grass or Electric].)

Thanks for the rates everyone. I have been testing the suggestions and tried two variations of the team.

Uxie @ Lum Berry
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
---
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Rest
- Close Combat
---
Roserade (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/116 Def/4 Spd/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Aromatherapy
---
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/4 Spd/216 SDef
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Ice Punch
- Toxic
---
Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
---
Azumarill (F) @ Leftovers
- Return
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
---
My thoughts on this team... I like it, but I think I rely too much on Aromatherapy. Sadly I can't choose between Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball, and without Ice Shard, Grass types are even more of a problem. However, Registeel is amazing. Mismagius always dies now, and doesn't cause a problem at all. I need to keep it.

Uxie @ Lum Berry
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
---
Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/136 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Roar
- Toxic
---
Roserade (F) @ Leftovers
- Energy Ball
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
---
Donphan (M) @ Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Assurance
- Superpower
---
Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SDef
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Recover
- Toxic
---
Ok, my thoughts so far. Milotic hasn't performed as well as Azumarill, without a doubt. I tested Restalk as well, but Azumarill has still been better. I miss Intimidate a lot with Steelix, but the huge Defence is good enough. However, I hate my Houndoom weakness. It outspeeds my whole team and, if Milotic is gone, it will not be stopped due to lack of Mach Punch. Magmortar has been pretty threatening as well.

What I want to test now is this.

Uxie @ Leftovers
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
---
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/220 SDef
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Toxic
- Rest
---
Roserade @ Leftovers
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot
---
Donphan @ Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Assurance
- Superpower
---
Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Azumarill @ Leftovers
- Return
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
---
Does that seem better? Registeel can handle Drapion to an extent, as can Azumarill and Donphan. But mainly, it stops Mismagius, Yanmega, Espeon and any other strong Special Attackers bar Houndoom how hates Azumarill anyway. I will test Milotic over Azumarill as well, but I just want to know if this seems better.

Thanks again for the rates.

With so much Rest, you might benefit from having a Cleric. Roserade learns Aromatherapy, so if you're willing to forgo one of its attacks, you can use that. Otherwise, perhaps you could try Miltank. It could replace Uxie with Body Slam/Stealth Rock/Heal Bell/Milk Drink. Scrappy vs Thick Fat is a matter of preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)