Pokémon Mimikyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally cannot decide the nature on this thing. The speed boost from Jolly is good but it also seems like it really needs that oomph from Adamant.
I am really loving stacking easy sword dances though.
Adamant is probably the best thing to do. You can always baton pass a speeds boost to it or give it some more speed EVs. Plus can't Mimikyu learn ominous wind? Plus can't you always use an X speed? I dunno, just throwing some ideas in the favor of adamant lol

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Adamant is probably the best thing to do. You can always baton pass a speeds boost to it or give it some more speed EVs. Plus can't Mimikyu learn ominous wind? Plus can't you always use an X speed? I dunno, just throwing some ideas in the favor of adamant lol
Adamant Mimikyu is bad even though the extra power may seem the way to go due to the low 90 Base Atk of Mimikyu. Being outsped by Lele Drill Kyube Ada Lando etc isn't worth the extra power. Baton Passing speed boosts forces you into a specific playstyle (Baton Pass) which is matchup dependant and has way better recipients. Giving it more speed EVs doesn't make any sense either because you're investing max speed anyways, ominous wind is a trash move and even worse on a Mimikyu, relying on a 10% chance to get the boosts while wasting a moveslot isn't worth at all. X Speed isn't usable in any competitive format so there goes that. Seriously, Jolly is the only nature you should ever run on Mimikyu

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mimikyu is really nice because its Disguise acts like a psuedo-Focus Sash and its typing isn't too shabby. Even outside of Disguise for an offensive mon it has okay bulk, too.

It's a nice stop to Pheromosa and can threaten non-Bullet Punch Mega Metagross if they're injured with Shadow Sneak. Granted, non-BP Mega Metagross is uncommon, but it's still relevant enough.

I actually think Mimikyu is in a decent spot in OU. Not astounding, but has a really nice niche that offensive teams appreciate and hyper offense teams can hate dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)