Tournament Mix and Mega + STABmons Tour - Won by ihhca

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
approved by The Immortal

STAB and Mega: The Tour
This will be a single elimination tour in a STABmons + Mix and Mega mashup format. Mega Stones and Primal Orbs can be used on almost any fully evolved Pokémon with no Mega Evolution limit, and Pokémon can use any move of their typing, in addition to the moves they can normally learn.
Rules / Guidelines:
  • Single Elimination
  • Best of 1 (best of 3 if both players agree)
  • Playable on Rom.psim.us through the [Gen7] STABmons Mix and Mega format (see this image to see where it is!)
  • Replays required
  • STABmons Mix and Mega format:
    • Pokemon have access to any move which they have STAB for, using a combined STABmons and Mix and Mega banlist.
      • The full banlist is here
        [*]Clauses:
        Ubers Clauses
        Mega Stone / Orb Clause: Only one of each stone on a team

Bans:
        General Bans: Arceus, Baton Pass, Electrify, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Shadow Tag

Banned Stones: Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pidgeotite

Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve: Blacephalon, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Deoxys-S, Dialga, Dragonite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kartana, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Silvallly, Slaking, Solgaleo, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde with Power Construct

Restricted moves - Acupressure, Belly Drum, Chatter, Extreme Speed, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Thousand Arrows

Make sure you take the time to check out the banlist! However it generally follows the logic below.
        • If a move is STABmons banned it cannot be learned by any Pokemon that do not naturally learn it.
          Acupressure, Belly Drum, Chatter, Extreme Speed, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Thousand Arrows
        • If a Pokemon is STABmons banned it cannot Mega evolve.
          Blacephalon, Kartana, Kyurem-Black, Porygon-Z, Silvally, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele
        • If a Pokemon is banned in Mix and Mega it is banned (Rayquaza-Mega and Gengar-Mega)
        • Likewise if it is banned from mega evolving in Mix and Mega it is banned from mega evolving with non-native stones.
          Arceus, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Dragonite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Slaking, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom
        • All formes of Arceus are banned.
      • Note that YOU are responsible for your team being legal. This includes not exploiting the current bug where Ubers that gain access to Dragon Ascent can mega evolve with it; you can bring Ho-Oh with Dragon Ascent, but DO NOT MEGA.
      • When in doubt the above rules take precedence over the rules on Rom. If there is anything unclear or anything on Rom is banned that should be legal please ask. More bans could possibly occur between rounds if something proves incredibly broken, but this will be a last resort.
      • Pokemon get moves from their PRE-MEGA type! No V-Create Pdon, sorry. This is in line with standard STABmons mechanics.
  • Signups will be open until we reach 16 people or until one week from today. Why so small? OMPL is coming up very soon! (hype)
  • General Smogon Tournament Rules and Guidelines apply
  • How to Schedule
Thanks to jasprose for letting me steal his op format
Last, most important rule... have fun ^_^

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Just a quick note: initially Naganadel was left off of one of the lists of Pokemon not allowed to mega. This was unintentional. Naganadel cannot mega evolve for the purposes of this tour.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Alright that went fast!
Here are the matchups for the first round. This was randomized so curse hax not me.

Quantum Tesseract v volcanionisgood
MultiAmmiratore v Zorro349
DarkAngeallenq.q v ihhca
RaJ.Shoot v Fardin
Squawkerz v Calucha
Chazm v xavgb
SectoniaServant16 v Mark_K
Jrdn v gmfc

Subs (in order)
Funbot28, Insert Old Meme, Magikingdra, OM room

This round will be due a week from the time of me posting this, ~4 PM EST next Wednesday, May 23.
I'll take subs through the first round.

Reminders:
-Games are best of 1 unless you two agree to a best of three.
-Play on Rom.
-Read the banlist, don't just rely on Rom's team validator, they're not the same.
-DON'T MEGA YOUR DRAGON ASCENT UBERS. Personally I wouldn't trust myself with that button and would stay away from them totally but that's just me.

Good luck to exactly half of you! ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)