Suspect Mix and Mega Suspect 4: Riot Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

:Magearna: Following the Survey Results, The Mix And Mega Council has decided to Suspect Magearna! :Magearna:

After dominating the previous generations of MnM where it was legal, it has finally come time in Gen9 to take action on Magearna. With its formidable Fairy/Steel typing, exceptional bulk, and impressive special attack, Magearna can employ various strategies to assert its dominance both in team building and in actual gameplay. Latiasite and Manectite ensures Magearna being a strong Pivot that can blanket check majority of the tier while also being being an excellent hazard setter. Calm Mind sets like Pinsirite and Latiasite make excellent use of its bulk and makes it a very strong wincon late-game. However, these sets influence isnt as strong as the next couple, which have contributed significantly to the feeling of Magearna being unhealthy in the current Metagame - Latiasite and Slowbronite Demon sets aka IDEF CM draining kiss Stored Power sets have quickly risen in usage and despite their "mu-fish" nature, have performed consistently enough against stronger teams. Being able to take advantage of Calm Mind Arceus sets, Clodsire and even Blissey, these sets often can 6-0 teams when given the chance as seen in the following replays:-
[Gen 9] Mix and Mega replay: Clas vs. Quantum Tesseract - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
With a recent surprise surge in use of Pidgeotite Magearna as well, which can easily take down almost all Special Walls in the meta thanks to the combination of Zap-Cannon and Grass Knot and the occasional appearence of Pinsirite sets, the constraint the gear puts in the meta has increased tremendously.

However, Magearna's viability is significantly hindered by its relatively low speed tier. Mix and Mega has no shortage of slow users that are hard to wall and Pidgeotite Magearna falls into this category. CM Arceus-Ground , Slowking-Galar are sets that can either easily wall or threaten Pidgeotite Magearna. The inherent nature of the IDEF sets taking time to set up is also taken advantage by Pokemons Like Skeledirge , Red Orb Ursaluna , Ceruledge, Sandy Shocks and Taunt Arceus Varients. Ironically, Encore Varients of Magearna also serve as a solid check to the set. Finally, most Magearna sets needs to be positioned well to fully utilize its wall-breaking capabilities and thus offensive pressure in general by pivoting mons can reduce its effect in-game exponentially.

Are all the above sufficient to keep the Gear in the meta or is catering to it too much to ask in the builder? The Council believes the community should determine the answer to this question.

Requirements:

Requirements can be achieved by getting 75 GXE in 25 games on the Mix and Mega ladder. In order to participate in the suspect, you must create a fresh alt (creation date no earlier than 13 July 2023) with the prefix MnMMG at the start of the name. When you have obtained the reqs, make sure to post proof of your alt's record (generally a screenshot) in this thread, and if you wish to do so, you can also share your thoughts on the test here.

Voting:
Once the suspect period is over, everyone who has obtained reqs will be tagged. The post will then outline a process of blind voting, which will be clarified once the time arrives. For now, follow the above "Requirements" subheading to ensure that you have posted your reqs correctly. You must post on this thread in order to be tagged in the voting thread, however you do not need to include your vote on this thread.

A super-majority of 60% ban votes is required to restrict Magearna from Mega Evolving in Mix and Mega.

TL;DR:
- Magearna is permitted to Mega Evolve on the suspect Ladder
- The GXE requirement is 75 and the minimum game count is 25
- You must ladder on a newly-created alt using the prefix MnMMG
- You must post your reqs in this thread, though the voting process will happen in a separate thread. You are not required to state your vote in this thread.
- The suspect test will conclude at 11:59pm GMT -4 (EDT) on Monday, 24th July.
- A ban vote of 60% is required to restrict Magearna in Mix and Mega.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
used like 6 teams, ill share them if someone asks but will keep them private for now. was 11-2 before i got this one guy who just had an effective cteam twice and the third i fucked up with some hax involved
1689441923370.png

edit: for those wondering, ill be voting dnb. magearna's most broken set is pidgeotite and thats getting sustested next anyway. idbp is easy to prep for, just consider it in builder like you would a regular mon. the more i think about it the more im for a ban, idbp feels like 1.5 sets anyway and even if pidgeotite goes it doesnt mage magearna any less bearing on the meta as a whole, theres no super consistent answer outside of faster encore and taunt, both of which have hopefully obvious issues and can be adapted around (the funny mbounce stone), and i bet that itll rise up within a couple weeks if more and more counterplay resolves around the two. will running 12spe suck ass just for pex? yeah, probably. is it worth it? yeah.

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Average Run is Average (Above average for me).

Anyways I think I will be voting, DNB, though I do find setup Stored Power'd variants (whether that be IDCM, IDSG, CMSG or something else) to be majorly fishy and able to pull off some BS wins, it is more managable in this tier then others like STABmons.

Team I used was this one by me, don't expect complex EV's meant to maximize stuff, most of the mons are Max Max investments. I only play MnM casually for fun, so stuff like speed-tier eludes me, I just have knowledge of what is common and expected, and what is good.

:basculegion: :Slowking-Galar: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Arceus: :Great Tusk: :Magearna:

Basic plan is to typically lead with Slowking-G and mega to have a good ground switchin for arceus-g or other mons, then proceed to play with progression in mind beating down stuff and ending the game with either one of the Espeeders or Basculegion.

Last edited:

:Magearna: Following the Survey Results, The Mix And Mega Council has decided to Suspect Magearna! :Magearna:

After dominating the previous generations of MnM where it was legal, it has finally come time in Gen9 to take action on Magearna. With its formidable Fairy/Steel typing, exceptional bulk, and impressive special attack, Magearna can employ various strategies to assert its dominance both in team building and in actual gameplay. Latiasite and Manectite ensures Magearna being a strong Pivot that can blanket check majority of the tier while also being being an excellent hazard setter. Calm Mind sets like Pinsirite and Latiasite make excellent use of its bulk and makes it a very strong wincon late-game. However, these sets influence isnt as strong as the next couple, which have contributed significantly to the feeling of Magearna being unhealthy in the current Metagame - Latiasite and Slowbronite Demon sets aka IDEF CM draining kiss Stored Power sets have quickly risen in usage and despite their "mu-fish" nature, have performed consistently enough against stronger teams. Being able to take advantage of Calm Mind Arceus sets, Clodsire and even Blissey, these sets often can 6-0 teams when given the chance as seen in the following replays:-
[Gen 9] Mix and Mega replay: Clas vs. Quantum Tesseract - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
With a recent surprise surge in use of Pidgeotite Magearna as well, which can easily take down almost all Special Walls in the meta thanks to the combination of Zap-Cannon and Grass Knot and the occasional appearence of Pinsirite sets, the constraint the gear puts in the meta has increased tremendously.

However, Magearna's viability is significantly hindered by its relatively low speed tier. Mix and Mega has no shortage of slow users that are hard to wall and Pidgeotite Magearna falls into this category. CM Arceus-Ground , Slowking-Galar are sets that can either easily wall or threaten Pidgeotite Magearna. The inherent nature of the IDEF sets taking time to set up is also taken advantage by Pokemons Like Skeledirge , Red Orb Ursaluna , Ceruledge, Sandy Shocks and Taunt Arceus Varients. Ironically, Encore Varients of Magearna also serve as a solid check to the set. Finally, most Magearna sets needs to be positioned well to fully utilize its wall-breaking capabilities and thus offensive pressure in general by pivoting mons can reduce its effect in-game exponentially.

Are all the above sufficient to keep the Gear in the meta or is catering to it too much to ask in the builder? The Council believes the community should determine the answer to this question.

Requirements:

Requirements can be achieved by getting 75 GXE in 25 games on the Mix and Mega ladder. In order to participate in the suspect, you must create a fresh alt (creation date no earlier than 13 July 2023) with the prefix MnMMG at the start of the name. When you have obtained the reqs, make sure to post proof of your alt's record (generally a screenshot) in this thread, and if you wish to do so, you can also share your thoughts on the test here.

Voting:
Once the suspect period is over, everyone who has obtained reqs will be tagged. The post will then outline a process of blind voting, which will be clarified once the time arrives. For now, follow the above "Requirements" subheading to ensure that you have posted your reqs correctly. You must post on this thread in order to be tagged in the voting thread, however you do not need to include your vote on this thread.

A super-majority of 60% ban votes is required to restrict Magearna from Mega Evolving in Mix and Mega.

TL;DR:
- Magearna is permitted to Mega Evolve on the suspect Ladder
- The GXE requirement is 75 and the minimum game count is 25
- You must ladder on a newly-created alt using the prefix MnMMG
- You must post your reqs in this thread, though the voting process will happen in a separate thread. You are not required to state your vote in this thread.
- The suspect test will conclude at 11:59pm GMT -4 (EDT) on Monday, 24th July.
- A ban vote of 60% is required to restrict Magearna in Mix and Mega.
Yall just started realizing that magearna is a threat? Its been about over a month since magearna was a genuine problem, and why do yall restrict every mon that could semi-counter espeed mons? (dragonite, Arcanine, Arcanine-H, and lucario)

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Yall just started realizing that magearna is a threat? Its been about over a month since magearna was a genuine problem, and why do yall restrict every mon that could semi-counter espeed mons? (dragonite, Arcanine, Arcanine-H, and lucario)
its almost like eleki is the best espeeder anyway, and that we have full counters for all of them because theyre not hard to counter. also lucario is p ass, i dont recommend it unless u know what ur doing

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Screenshot_20230725-010709_Chrome.jpg
Would've preferred if pidge suspect happened first but oh well.
Very torn on what would I vote cuz on one hand anyone losing to demon mag sets should really l2build but I'm also unhappy with the special walls we have in meta and mag does contribute to the current problem. There's also the fact that occasional pins sets may cause a problem in late-game.

spidget

formerly Lifeismyth
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1690220514239.png

hardest part of this tier was learning im a filthy button clicker, and I can't get away with ruining accounts since games here take 50 years to get, I can't run it back as quickly. Sometimes I'd be sitting in the queue for 20-30 minutes waiting for a game, just to run into rank 3 with his perish song arceus normal who was waiting for me rubbing his hands evilly. idk how the rest of you guys do it. Oh wait yes I do, shoutout to my previous account that many of you farmed. I must have been plowed by the latiosite ceruledge guy 5x when we were the only ones on ladder... there's a reason I had to make a new acc! Once the suspect testers were gone and it was just me and the 1000 raters + skoma I had an easier time. Special shoutout to skoma for switching off the perish song arceus so I could finally get a win off him. I used the team that Cheezy posted for many, many of my games and then swapped to the team Giagantic posted for this latest account. Thank you both.

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
prolly dnb i dont think mage is really a big problem. The cheese iron defense sets are pretty easy to stop, I think the success of these setup sweepers sets have been exaggerated, though I will admit playing the guessing game between lati, bro and venu stones can be annoying. The pidgeotite breaker sets doesnt really have good switchins but there are more than a handful of mons that are also in this vein. Pivot sets aren't anything special. Mage definitely has a lot of set variety and is strong but I don't think its so overbearing to warrant a ban right now.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)