M&M Mix and Mega

When and if all or almost all the mega stones are released, are you guys considering bringing the limit back to one of each stone per team?

b-but that defeats the entire purpose of the metagame?
My wording was pretty bad, but what I meant was, earlier the limit was you could have one of each stone in a team(only one Red Orb, only one Sablenite, etc, instead of two.) Not only one mega stone in an entire team, which would of course defeat the purpose of the metagame.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Any thoughts on Blazikenite? I think it's gonna have big impact, and even an early quick ban wouldn't be surprising. Scary thing about this is, it even gives a sp a boost so its not limited to only physical attackers

Any thoughts on Blazikenite? I think it's gonna have big impact, and even an early quick ban wouldn't be surprising. Scary thing about this is, it even gives a sp a boost so its not limited to only physical attackers
Speed Boost Tapu Bulu Xurkitree. Pls no

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Blazikenite will definitely be interesting in a metagame without Altarianite, meaning that I can see numerous viable users such as Landorus-T, Xurkitree, Manaphy, and even stuff like Terrakion be quite potent. I feel it should be introduced back in the meta initially, but have a red flag placed on.

Also can I get a "ban Electrify", amen. I ain't fooling with that shit again.

Last edited:
Oh, I think Blazikenite needs a near-instant suspect test. You're all forgetting about Kartana, the scariest user of them all.

The pair of blades:
-Has the highest attack possible
-Can boost with Swords Dance to really put down the heat on everything
-Can't be OHKOed by any Extreme Speed
-Can hit the vast majority of the meta neutral or better between Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, Night Slash, and Return.

Also, I do think we should implement the stone limit the instant these new stones hit the ground. Double Sablenite was already a bit hard to swallow for older players; double Blazikenite will be so much worse for the meta.

Related to the new stones coming next month, I can FINALLY use that gimmick I thought of close to day one next month. Christmas really does come in summer.
Lastly, there will also be no usage stats for April, either. There will be usage stats next month, so stay tuned...

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I want to jump on the Blazikenite banwagon.

I had a bunch of stuff written out but then I hit ctrl-a instead of shift -a.

So basically my point ended up at: basically anything with a decent attack stats and preferably access to a boosting move is a threat with Blazikenite. Tapu Lele makes this worse cuz you cant necessarily revenge kill. Also a bunch of the mons live atespeeds anyway thanks to being able to invest in bulk.

Also ban Electrify cuz fk that.

Blazikenite isn't even here yet, why are we jumping on a bandwagon when we haven't had much time at all outside of tournament matches to see the stone in action in this gen?

Anyways speaking of Blazikenite I went 41 and 2 while breaking into the top 10 using a team that will drop in viability once Sceptilite and Blazikenite are released so I figured that I might as well set it free to the masses.

The team.

The idea of this team is to setup hazards and then spam strong attacks, not much else outside of that. While it is simple in premise you can't just start clicking buttons and expect to win, you have to play your cards smartly otherwise you will lose. I'll do my best to explain the role each member of this team fufills along with how you should utilize each of them in the rmt so you can import it and not lose to one of the other, more well rounded and better prepared teams and opponents.

Shuckle @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Shuckle is the 1st and most important member of this team. Without him the rest of the team would be struggling to not die to or break through opposing teams. Sticky web gives your team the edge in speed vs the majority of the metagame, thus allowing you to get off an extra hit that you might not have been able to before dying or kill a threat that had it been faster would've killed you and possibly the rest of your team. Stealth rock gives you chip on every switch that happens, thus putting a lot of threats into range of a kill from one of the other members of the team while also putting some threats on a timer for how many times they can switch in and take a hit I.E. Golisopod switching into Primal Groudon. Rocks also pressure the flying type mons that aren't affected by sticky webs, giving you a way to passively combat them for every switch that you force with your offensive checks. You might've noticed that I'm running min speed Shuckle, that spread when combined with encore allows me to lock opposing Shuckles or the opponent into one move and thus be free with my next move choice be it getting up hazards or setting up with another team member. Toxic is in the last slot to act as some form of passive damage (I didn't really have another option outside of toxic since I didn't want to use infestation). Be very careful in deciding when to use Shuckle since most opponents will predict him as your lead they might be able to stop him from getting up hazards and thus making your matchup that much more difficult to deal with. Trying to predict what your opponent will lead with to beat Shuckle is recommended, but not always necessary.

Genesect @ Pinsirite
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Techno Blast
- Extreme Speed
- Thunderbolt/Shift Gear/Flamethrower/Explosion

Genesect was added as the 2nd member of the squad to combat Deoxys-Speed. This is important because without Genesect deo can lead vs any other member of the team and act freely without much of anything stopping it. Specifically Deoxys-Speed can taunt Shuckle and get up multiple layers of hazards for free, which is a huge detriment to this team. If you see a Deoxys-Speed at team preview lead genesect but do not mega evolve turn 1 if you are against deo, instead stay in regular form and u-turn. This play allows you to kill gyaradosite deo thus limiting it to just getting rocks up while saving the download boost for a later time and also being able to not die to zap cannon if the Deoxys is running pidgeotite. Once that threat is dealt with you can spin away any hazards it got up or kill it with priority since pidgeotite deo doesn't die to u-turn if Genesect didn't get the download attack boost. Techno Blast is insanely powerful when combined with STAB and possibly a +1 download boost, that which combined with sticky web can be terrifying to deal with. To give you an idea of how strong techno blast is, it can or has a chance to OHKO all non full s.def variants of Primal Groudon. This feat can only be matched by super effective moves and the likes of life orb Deoxys-Attack's psycho boost, not even +2 Pidgeotite Thundurus' focus blast can outdamage +1 techno blast. Extreme speed is there to check Shaymin-Sky specifically since that threat isn't affected by webs and can blow holes in your team's defensive backbone (
Or even some of the offensive threats if it gets a sub up.) The last slot is for whatever you want really, T-bolt pops stuff like Skarmory/Celesteela, Shift Gear gives your espeed some strength, Flamethrower hits Magearna and boom is boom, it's up to you what you want to run really.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Ability: Pressure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Weavile acts as the 2nd check to flying types such as the aforementioned Shaymin and as an answer to boosted espeeders such as Zygarde which can pose a huge threat if left unchecked. Fake out deals damage with nearly no drawbacks, simple enough. Feint acts as emergency secondary priority just in case fake out wasn't enough or if your opponent is trying to be cheeky with a protect against your fake out. Frustration is the standard big damage move for Weavile which when combined with an SD boost it can run through weakened teams unexpectedly, possibly winning you the match. Something to be wary of is that if Weavile goes down Tapu Koko is your only answer to Thundurus, so keep Weavile alive as long as possible or until you are absolutely certain that you won't need it later.

Starmie @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Starmie fufills two key roles in this team as the hazard removal and only water resist outside of Primal Groudon. Pdon can be taken advantage of by having a Blue Orb user switch into it thus cancelling the Desolate Land and threatening an OHKO. While Starmie doesn't have that great of bulk it has just enough to take a needed hit and possibly kill the Blue Orb mon back with thunder. Hydro Pump is the offensive presence that Starmie needs in order to not be complete deadweight, while it isn't incredibly strong when compared to other pidgeotite mons it does the job well. Blizzard takes out Thundurus and the occasional Shaymin-Sky switchin while also dealing a bit of chip to Primal Groudon, and if you feel like it you can try your luck and attempt to 1v1 a Blissey with that freeze chance :P. Thunder hits water type switchins such as Golisopod, Toxapex and Primal Kyogre while also rounding out the bolt-beam coverage. Rapid Spin removes any hazards that your opponent has gotten up which is important since two of the team's main damage dealers in mega evolved Genesect and Weavile are severely hampered by stealth rocks. Starmie is all in all the weakest and most expendable member of the team so while its utility can diminish greatly depending on the matchup, do not sack it until the possibility of hazards going up on your end is gone or you are sure you won't need them gone in this matchup.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 152 HP / 220 Atk / 44 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Primal Groudon is the slower, but bulkier and more powerful hole puncher for the team. The role that this set fulfills is that of a breaker of slower, more bulkier builds while also acting as glue thanks to its dual immunities it has thanks to its typing and ability. Primal Groudon is absolutely terrifying to face under sticky webs as a decent amount of mons that can deal huge amounts of damage to pdon might be outsped because of the webs and possibly die to an attack. Swords Dance is how you apply the pressure, with that boost your already huge damage output reaches insane levels thus giving you the ability to rip through Blisseys, Zapdoses, Skarms and Celesteelas. Precipice Blades is ridiculously strong having a base power of 120 and only having a 15% chance to miss. Pblades will usually be reserved for when you absolutely need the high damage as one miss might just cost you your Groudon. Fire Punch is the move you will be clicking most of the time since it cannot miss and is quite strong with the sun boost even if it doesn't have as high of a base power as Precipice Blades. Fire Punch also allows you to threaten Blue Orb steel types thus forcing them out and giving you the chance to setup or deal a big chunk of damage. Stone Edge is here to round out the edge-quake coverage while also hitting switchins such as Golisopod and Blue Orb steels that are immune to Precipice Blades. The ev spread may seem odd but it does serve a purpose. 152 HP when coupled with 44 SpD allows you to live +2 Geoxern's Hidden Power Ground, 92 speed allows you to outpace 8 speed Venusaurite Zapdos every time and the rest is dumped into attack to give you as much muscle to work with as possible.

Tapu Koko @ Pidgeotite/Lucarionite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Tapu Koko rounds out the team as the fast and strong offensive pivot. Boasting an unboosted speed tier that can only be bested by Deoxys-Speed and the since banned Pheromosa, Koko will almost always hit first or get out of there before it can be hit. The reason why I decided to use Tapu Koko over something like Xurkitree or Thundurus is because it resists flying type STAB and is faster than all viable unboosted flying STAB users while also having the option of running a pivot move in order to gain much needed momentum (
It also saves me from being 6-0d by Thundurus if Weavile is dead.) Thunder is the high power base stab that chunks almost everything in the way while also providing a very nice 30% para chance. Nature's Madness is there to chunk Primal Groudon on its switchin since when it comes in you do not have a switch in really so it is in your best interest to get rid of it as quick as you can. Pdon can usually only take one Grass Knot in conjunction with Nature's Madness so once you get that madness off you can 2hko pdon with grass knot and have it out of your way fairly quickly. U-turn gains the previously mentioned momentum which is huge and very important for this team. The only reason why Lucarionite and thunderbolt are slashed is if the mega stone limit is reduced back to one of each stone max per team this team is still usable, although Pidgeotite will be superior in all other situations.

So there you have it. I hope that you enjoy using this team! Who knows, maybe I'll end up facing it on the ladder sometime.

Shuckle @ Gyaradosite
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Encore

Genesect @ Pinsirite
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Techno Blast
- Thunderbolt

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Nature's Madness
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Last edited:
Blazikenite isn't even here yet, why are we jumping on a bandwagon when we haven't had much time at all outside of tournament matches to see the stone in action in this gen?

Anyways speaking of Blazikenite I went 41 and 2 while breaking into the top 10 using a team that will drop in viability once Sceptilite and Blazikenite are released so I figured that I might as well set it free to the masses.

The team.

The idea of this team is to setup hazards and then spam strong attacks, not much else outside of that. While it is simple in premise you can't just start clicking buttons and expect to win, you have to play your cards smartly otherwise you will lose. I'll do my best to explain the role each member of this team fufills along with how you should utilize each of them in the rmt so you can import it and not lose to one of the other, more well rounded and better prepared teams and opponents.

Shuckle @ Gyaradosite
Relaxed Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Shuckle is the 1st and most important member of this team. Without him the rest of the team would be struggling to not die to or break through opposing teams. Sticky web gives your team the edge in speed vs the majority of the metagame, thus allowing you to get off an extra hit that you might not have been able to before dying or kill a threat that had it been faster would've killed you and possibly the rest of your team. Stealth rock gives you chip on every switch that happens, thus putting a lot of threats into range of a kill from one of the other members of the team while also putting some threats on a timer for how many times they can switch in and take a hit I.E. Golisopod switching into Primal Groudon. Rocks also pressure the flying type mons that aren't affected by sticky webs, giving you a way to passively combat them for every switch that you force with your offensive checks. You might've noticed that I'm running min speed Shuckle, that spread when combined with encore allows me to lock opposing Shuckles or the opponent into one move and thus be free with my next move choice be it getting up hazards or setting up with another team member. Toxic is in the last slot to act as some form of passive damage (I didn't really have another option outside of toxic since I didn't want to use infestation). Be very careful in deciding when to use Shuckle since most opponents will predict him as your lead they might be able to stop him from getting up hazards and thus making your matchup that much more difficult to deal with. Trying to predict what your opponent will lead with to beat Shuckle is recommended, but not always necessary.

Genesect @ Pinsirite
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Techno Blast
- Extreme Speed
- Thunderbolt/Shift Gear/Flamethrower/Explosion

Genesect was added as the 2nd member of the squad to combat Deoxys-Speed. This is important because without Genesect deo can lead vs any other member of the team and act freely without much of anything stopping it. Specifically Deoxys-Speed can taunt Shuckle and get up multiple layers of hazards for free, which is a huge detriment to this team. If you see a Deoxys-Speed at team preview lead genesect but do not mega evolve turn 1 if you are against deo, instead stay in regular form and u-turn. This play allows you to kill gyaradosite deo thus limiting it to just getting rocks up while saving the download boost for a later time and also being able to not die to zap cannon if the Deoxys is running pidgeotite. Once that threat is dealt with you can spin away any hazards it got up or kill it with priority since pidgeotite deo doesn't die to u-turn if Genesect didn't get the download attack boost. Techno Blast is insanely powerful when combined with STAB and possibly a +1 download boost, that which combined with sticky web can be terrifying to deal with. To give you an idea of how strong techno blast is, it can or has a chance to OHKO all non full s.def variants of Primal Groudon. This feat can only be matched by super effective moves and the likes of life orb Deoxys-Attack's psycho boost, not even +2 Pidgeotite Thundurus' focus blast can outdamage +1 techno blast. Extreme speed is there to check Shaymin-Sky specifically since that threat isn't affected by webs and can blow holes in your team's defensive backbone (
Or even some of the offensive threats if it gets a sub up.) The last slot is for whatever you want really, T-bolt pops stuff like Skarmory/Celesteela, Shift Gear gives your espeed some strength, Flamethrower hits Magearna and boom is boom, it's up to you what you want to run really.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Weavile acts as the 2nd check to flying types such as the aforementioned Shaymin and as an answer to boosted espeeders such as Zygarde which can pose a huge threat if left unchecked. Fake out deals damage with nearly no drawbacks, simple enough. Feint acts as emergency secondary priority just in case fake out wasn't enough or if your opponent is trying to be cheeky with a protect against your fake out. Frustration is the standard big damage move for Weavile which when combined with an SD boost it can run through weakened teams unexpectedly, possibly winning you the match. Something to be wary of is that if Weavile goes down Tapu Koko is your only answer to Thundurus, so keep Weavile alive as long as possible or until you are absolutely certain that you won't need it later.

Starmie @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Starmie fufills two key roles in this team as the hazard removal and only water resist outside of Primal Groudon. Pdon can be taken advantage of by having a Blue Orb user switch into it thus cancelling the Desolate Land and threatening an OHKO. While Starmie doesn't have that great of bulk it has just enough to take a needed hit and possibly kill the Blue Orb mon back with thunder. Hydro Pump is the offensive presence that Starmie needs in order to not be complete deadweight, while it isn't incredibly strong when compared to other pidgeotite mons it does the job well. Blizzard takes out Thundurus and the occasional Shaymin-Sky switchin while also dealing a bit of chip to Primal Groudon, and if you feel like it you can try your luck and attempt to 1v1 a Blissey with that freeze chance :P. Thunder hits water type switchins such as Golisopod, Toxapex and Primal Kyogre while also rounding out the bolt-beam coverage. Rapid Spin removes any hazards that your opponent has gotten up which is important since two of the team's main damage dealers in mega evolved Genesect and Weavile are severely hampered by stealth rocks. Starmie is all in all the weakest and most expendable member of the team so while its utility can diminish greatly depending on the matchup, do not sack it until the possibility of hazards going up on your end is gone or you are sure you won't need them gone in this matchup.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Primal Groudon is the slower, but bulkier and more powerful hole puncher for the team. The role that this set fulfills is that of a breaker of slower, more bulkier builds while also acting as glue thanks to its dual immunities it has thanks to its typing and ability. Primal Groudon is absolutely terrifying to face under sticky webs as a decent amount of mons that can deal huge amounts of damage to pdon might be outsped because of the webs and possibly die to an attack. Swords Dance is how you apply the pressure, with that boost your already huge damage output reaches insane levels thus giving you the ability to rip through Blisseys, Zapdoses, Skarms and Celesteelas. Precipice Blades is ridiculously strong having a base power of 120 and only having a 15% chance to miss. Pblades will usually be reserved for when you absolutely need the high damage as one miss might just cost you your Groudon. Fire Punch is the move you will be clicking most of the time since it cannot miss and is quite strong with the sun boost even if it doesn't have as high of a base power as Precipice Blades. Fire Punch also allows you to threaten Blue Orb steel types thus forcing them out and giving you the chance to setup or deal a big chunk of damage. Stone Edge is here to round out the edge-quake coverage while also hitting switchins such as Golisopod and Blue Orb steels that are immune to Precipice Blades. The ev spread may seem odd but it does serve a purpose. 152 HP when coupled with 44 SpD allows you to live +2 Geoxern's Hidden Power Ground, 92 speed allows you to outpace 8 speed Venusaurite Zapdos every time and the rest is dumped into attack to give you as much muscle to work with as possible.

Tapu Koko @ Pidgeotite/Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Nature's Madness
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Tapu Koko rounds out the team as the fast and strong offensive pivot. Boasting an unboosted speed tier that can only be bested by Deoxys-Speed and the since banned Pheromosa, Koko will almost always hit first or get out of there before it can be hit. The reason why I decided to use Tapu Koko over something like Xurkitree or Thundurus is because it resists flying type STAB and is faster than all viable unboosted flying STAB users while also having the option of running a pivot move in order to gain much needed momentum (
It also saves me from being 6-0d by Thundurus if Weavile is dead.) Thunder is the high power base stab that chunks almost everything in the way while also providing a very nice 30% para chance. Nature's Madness is there to chunk Primal Groudon on its switchin since when it comes in you do not have a switch in really so it is in your best interest to get rid of it as quick as you can. Pdon can usually only take one Grass Knot in conjunction with Nature's Madness so once you get that madness off you can 2hko pdon with grass knot and have it out of your way fairly quickly. U-turn gains the previously mentioned momentum which is huge and very important for this team. The only reason why Lucarionite and thunderbolt are slashed is if the mega stone limit is reduced back to one of each stone max per team this team is still usable, although Pidgeotite will be superior in all other situations.

So there you have it. I hope that you enjoy using this team! Who knows, maybe I'll end up facing it on the ladder sometime.

I think that this is supposed to be in RMT.

Great team, and grats on peak Miyora, but i cant help but notice that u dont have much for Blissey, the most common mon in the meta. both pdon and weavile need a turn to set up on it and they usually come in on it when it toxices. by the time they SD, people can just switch in their checks. regardless tho, it does great vs ho and balance
In what I experienced those two combined were enough since they usually got a kill or two before I switched them out or they died. Weav is usually the one I would sd with last since the team would be weakened from the sd pdon or other mons to the point where weavile was enough to muscle through. Aside from that I dont think blissey is the most common mon in the meta, that I think would go to pdon or weavile or smth. Also my name is M'joe'ra not Miyora :p

Edit: Also nature's madness spam w koko can weaken blissey to the point where it can be revenged as a last resort

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Heracronite and Houndoominite were just released. Expect to see them on the simulator soon. [Source]
Heracronite (+60 Attack, +40 Defense, +10 Special Defense, -10 Speed | Skill Link | N/A | +8.5 kg)
Houndoominite (+40 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Solar Power | N/A | +14.5 kg)
Houndoominite seems somewhat underwhelming; however, I can see one or two niche uses eh.

Heracronite might be really nice due to Skill Link and the +60 Atk raise, but I'm unsure about how frequently it will see use. It is kind of niche as well.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Update: They won't be allowed on simulator until Tuesday.

Last edited:
I mean, Mamoswine can probably run Heracronite decently well due to bulk, and the ability to hit hard.

Edit: TTar doesn't get rock blast. Damn shame.

But Ferro also REALLY likes Blue Orb, as it gives a nice chunk of special defense and a hunk of attack, plus Primordial Sea removes it's biggest weakness.
Double but, there are other, arguably better blue orb users such as Skarmory and Golisopod.
Yes, but blue orb doesn't give that much bulk. I also thought about garchompite in a sandstorm team, because of sand force boosted gyro ball...

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
what about Shell Smash Cloyster @ Heracronite? you'll have good bulk before the Shell Smash, and a lot of power after.
Base 60 speed is too slow tbh, even at +2.

Ferrothorn actually likes the -10 speed, as it makes its Gyro Ball stronger.
nv would like credit for that set.

Ferrothorn @ Heracronite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bullet Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Curse / Leech Seed
- Toxic / Protect / Stealth Rock / Spikes / Leech Seed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)