MLB 2013 Season Thread

Lol Axford.. what a flop.

Oh hey Marmol.. ERA is like.. 20 something now?

I remember when he came into the league.. WHOA WHAT A FASTBALL, once he gets that control and location in check he's going to be dynamic.

oh... it never happened? Just throw it in there!

http://youtu.be/rqmGfnZCN60
Rookie of the Year clip for the 'hahas'

I would choose Marmol as he probably watched this movie a lot, and hope he uses some of those late inning tricks Rowengartner used, intentional walk, hidden ball trick, tempting people to steal.. anything.

middlebrooks 4 for 5 with three homers, red sox in first... yeah!!!

clay buchholz will shut the orioles down tonight

I knew Marmol would lose his spot quickly, but I didn't expect this quickly. Very happy for Middlebrooks as I have him on 2-3 fantasy teams.

anybody willing to give feedback on my fantasy team? it was an auction draft and i think i played it almost perfectly.

254xbwn.png

2yzlh7r.png

I'm really weak at catcher until Carlos Ruiz comes back from his suspension in twenty days. I actually have an issue of having too good of a line-up, and I've been having to sit the likes of Nick Markakis and Pedro Alvarez (although Pedro has been really bad so far). On the pitching side my starters are ridiculous but im really weak when it comes to saves since all I have currently is Putz. Henderson is next in line for the Brewers closer job though and I imagine he'll get it eventually since Axford is trash.

edit: ironically, Jim Henderson got the save today for the Brewers. I'm psychic.

First day of fantasy, Mitchell Boggs gets me an ERA of 162. Fuck you Boggs, you're even worse then MarmLOL and AXEDford

I think the Cardinals forgot that an MLB game is nine innings long, not eight.

So at the time of first pitch in the pirates game, justin upton (31) had more total bases than the entire pirates team (28)...

Fuck me...
At least they got some runs in the first today...

the blue jays were utter crap. they might actually win the world series! now with the trade! damn, with the traded players and bautista, they'll wreck everything!

^take a math course, learn something about sample size, regression to mean. the only thing in baseball you can control is talent level.

Ok then, I meant the blue jays weren't very good, now they get good players!

they were actually a bit underrated last year, much like the Red Sox, so the jump they are making (or hopefully will depending on how things play out) isn't as drastic as people make it out to be. Injuries ravaged the team, so the true talent was much closer to 80 last year than 73

Yeah, they don't have much money I'm pretty sure. A year where the Yankees win is a wasted year to me.(unfair) yankees have all the money and players.

Back