MLB 2013 Season Thread

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey if you are still taking invites for this could I get one? I have some experience with fantasy baseball (only snake draft, though I've done mock auction drafts this year a few times) and will definitely be quite active. I would prefer auction and keeper (and the format zorbees proposed sounds interesting but maybe just a standard 3-5 keepers would be best for the first year?).

Anyway my e-mail is eskielb2003@yahoo.com so please send me an invite if you still have room!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yer in. that gives us 9 teams. ideally i'd like 12, but will accept 10. so we need at least 1 more person.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that gives us 10. i'll set the date/time in a bit. i'm thinking Saturday morning on EST might work best to catch both the Aussies and US folk?

should we change to roto?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
that gives us 10. i'll set the date/time in a bit. i'm thinking Saturday morning on EST might work best to catch both the Aussies and US folk?

should we change to roto?
No for roto. In the first season I won, the title was pretty much wrapped up by midseason. The best team doesn't always win in h2h but it's more exciting for the whole season.

Also this weekend coming up isn't good for me, I'll be interstate :-\

I'm busy the 22nd/23rd weekend, so maybe next, next weekend Saturday night (or morning, Stallion you're like +14 on me I think)?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm on break next week so if we could do it either this weekend or early next (Friday or Saturday, March the 14th/15th) that would work. Can't do this Sunday afternoon and can't do the following Sunday either.

Sundays are my most available day in general from those we have to choose from. Saturday mornings and afternoons are questionable until the week of that particular Saturday where I'll know for sure; Saturday evenings are usually good. Friday night is a no-go but morning/afternoon is OK.

And I'd prefer this thing be done before the 22nd, as the first game is 4 am CST that morning.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Put mine in, keeping in mind that I'm GMT+11 when mentioning my availability (I wrote it in the spreadsheet for posterity)

Is it not subject to change? As I stated on the league message board, I would prefer it to be an hour or two sooner so I can attend.

Chances are that a few of us aren't going to make it. That's a real bad time for me as well, but there isn't much time and this needs to get done. Plus as we all know, your roster is going to change so much in the course of the year due to trades, injuries, busts, drug failures, etc that an auto draft lineup will still give you a lot of playing room to do what you want to do.

If this time works for the majority of the people, I say go for it. It really just needs to get done. Opening Day is in 10 days...

Speaking of, I'm working on my predictions for the season. I'm sure it will spark some debate like always. Stay tuned.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uh if theres legitimate concern of autodraft we shoudl switch from snake to auction. even one person on autodraft absolutely ruins the draft for everybody, and really fucks you over.

Can't find the league page w/ the time, I basically am busy unless it's 10:30 pm or later on any given day but if it prevents autodraft I could probably find a lecture during the week to miss.

I start work at 4 and will only have like 20 mins to draft before I have to leave, sorry for late notice but hopefully this doesn't completely mess everything up.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you're autodrafting can we please switch to snake? even one autodraft really fucks up auction drafts

I got all my pre rank draft values in. I won't be drafting because of work, but hopefully this works out. Took me a long ass time to do, but I think it'll give me the right results. Good luck guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)