MLB 2018 Thread

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well if there’s legitimate interest may as well ask:
- H2H and auction draft ok? Those are my strongly preferred settings
- cap of 6 moves per week would be my preference as well, any objections?
- Any other non-standard settings people feel strongly about?

Da Letter El you know you want to get in on this

Ok well reply to this post if you’re interested. If there are eight signups (so seven replies) I’ll make a league and organize it. I’d prefer this one be free (don’t want to handle money over the internet) but otherwise I’m pretty flexible when it comes to settings.
i might be able to depending on where it's hosted

UncleSam

Leading this village
Please god yes bring the DH to the NL
The other changes they proposed I liked too - minimum three batters faced, teams get worse picks for tanking year after year, and expand roster size except during September, so teams can’t tank as hard and impact the playoff races while also giving teams extra space to make moves.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Well if there’s legitimate interest may as well ask:
- H2H and auction draft ok? Those are my strongly preferred settings
- cap of 6 moves per week would be my preference as well, any objections?
- Any other non-standard settings people feel strongly about?

Da Letter El you know you want to get in on this
highly interested in joining a second league! your settings & transaction limits are what i'm familiar with & prefer so i have no objections!

I do my own fantasy baseball thanks but i went 21-3 and made it to the finals because i had studs who didnt get drafted, also i do espn not yahoo sorry

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok so the list of people interested, at a glance:
- UncleSam
- biggie
- Del Rio (low prio)
- BigBallerBrand
- ButteredToast
- cb aaron judge
- Captain Skywalker

So we would need one more to have a league of 8. I created a scheduling sheet in google docs here that I'd like everyone to fill out. I think with 8 we should be able to find a time that works for everyone. Note that with 8 players, the draft should take much less than 3 hours - probably closer to 1:45-2 hours (if people are extremely bid-warry and hoarders). However, I want to leave enough time so that people don't have to dip out near the end of the period, and to allow for a bit of wriggle room when scheduling it on Yahoo itself.

League is renewed. Please claim your team to confirm your participation in this years' season. I will work on eligible keepers and prices ASAP and post them itt.

Los Banditos - biggie
Black Sox - Kamran Laker
Deverending Story - Del Rio
Imanalt -
Imanalt
Leave it to Seager - Buttered Toast
Precious CarGo - Vancouver Victini
Severino Damage - cb aaron judge
Stroman Shield -
pookar
TiredofStantonAround - Texas Cloverleaf
Vottomobile Sale - Stallion
Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
I think Puig is the better talent but this was a pretty obvious attempt to sell high and buy low. Good on the Red Sox for saying no if they really believe the real JBJ is what we saw in 2016. (and good on the Dodgers for trying)

Last edited:
I think Puig is the better talent but this was a pretty obvious attempt to sell high and buy low. Good on the Red Sox for saying no if they really believe the real JBJ is what we saw in 2016. (and good on the Dodgers for trying)
I'm super confused by this. The Puig trade was over a month ago and I saw nowhere that the Red Sox were at all interested in either trading JBJ or were ever interested in Puig.

just want to say that if there are any spots anywhere in any league for me to take a fantasy baseball team i am highly interested

(i am aware there is a 2019 thread but the team discussion seemed to be here)

UncleSam

Leading this village
- UncleSam
- biggie
- BigBallerBrand
- ButteredToast
- cb aaron judge
- Captain Skywalker
- DurzaOffTopic
- Mizuhime

This is the final league roster. We will have to draft next weekend to get it in before the first games. Please reply to this message with your preferred times in order:
1. Saturday ~10 AM PST
2. Saturday ~4 PM PST
3. Sunday ~10 AM PST
4. Sunday ~4 PM PST

So, for example, list in this format (this is my list): 1>3>2>4

I'll make the league once we get a time set and post here with the link to join. Make sure you make a Yahoo account if you don't have one when you are ready to sign up!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's about the earliest on Saturday I would like to do, as I don't get home until ~5AM Saturday morning.

Edit: also stop using the 2018 thread when this is all sorted out, UncleSam

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
2>4>3>1, (2/4 at original time) will likely be needed to work stats at college baseball games on saturday 2 pm -4/sunday 1 pm -4 though these times could easily change due to weather, so a long game would definitely cause me to autodraft. I also plan to drive home 2 hrs away after sunday’s game assuming I work that. Option 2 would definitely be best for me at original time, but I can make others work (note i havent officially signed up to work these games)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)