MLB 2018 Thread

Hey assholes why did you veto the trade
Because they believe in a communist system of equality where the haves are not allowed to exploit the stupidity/gullibility/ignorance of the have nots. They want to take the European wellfare state and apply it to fantasy baseball to protect "fairness" and "competitive balance" because they do not have the balls to make the moves that me and you make themselves.

Listen here you dumb pinkos. Baseball is a game based on capitalism. The league didn't step in when fucking Babe Ruth was traded to fund that fucking musical No No Nanette. Baseball should be the wild west. The god damned Guilded Age. Call me god damned Henry Clay Frick and let me send in the god damned Pinkertons to do what needs to be done and win at all costs.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lmao who the fuck do you think you are you conceited arrogant fuck

you don't get to decide my motivations aren't valid so yeah let's do screenshots asshole

Hey let's do one more while we're at it

Fucking tell me again how I'm tanking

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
League vetos are for collusion, not self-righteous assholes who think they have the right to run everyone else's team for them

Tell me otherwise and I'm fucking gone

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
League vetos are for collusion, not self-righteous assholes who think they have the right to run everyone else's team for them

Tell me otherwise and I'm fucking gone
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6613.html?guccounter=1 vetoes are to prevent one sided trades, not just collusion. Sometimes managers make stupid decisions - they're there for that too. A majority of the league clearly felt that way, so it wasn't just a one or two person witch hunt.

If we want to make a rule that vetoes should just be for obvious collusion and not for trade rape, then maybe biggie can enforce it as a rule. If it's something universally agreed upon, then fair play. As it stands though, that's just your interpretation of the function, not the official one or necessarily a consensus.

Secondly, I can guarantee you that nobody is going to pick up Seager. He clears waivers in a day (if he hasn't done so already). So go pick him up and drop Villar then.

Thirdly, we're out here dropping screenshots of your standings three weeks into the season? Del Rio pointed out to me that you once stashed David Dahl for an entire season. I also don't think you've made playoffs once in the history of the league. It's not like it's Imanalt making a move, you've earnt yourself a fair amount of scepticism by being trade-raped by ButteredToast in the past (see: the Stanton for Dahl deal). He literally admitted in the chat that he was actively trying to rip people off and that he got you to bite. As if that isn't something that's vetoable. Plus I think everyone assumed (correctly so as it turns out) that you didn't realise that Seager was TJ destined, so their natural reaction was to veto.

Last edited:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6613.html?guccounter=1 vetoes are to prevent one sided trades, not just collusion. Sometimes managers make stupid decisions - they're there for that too. A majority of the league clearly felt that way, so it wasn't just a one or two person witch hunt.

If we want to make a rule that vetoes should just be for obvious collusion and not for trade rape, then maybe biggie can enforce it as a rule. If it's something universally agreed upon, then fair play. As it stands though, that's just your interpretation of the function, not the official one or necessarily a consensus.

Secondly, I can guarantee you that nobody is going to pick up Seager. He clears waivers in a day (if he hasn't done so already). So go pick him up and drop Villar then.

Thirdly, we're out here dropping screenshots of your standings three weeks into the season? Del Rio pointed out to me that you once stashed David Dahl for an entire season. I also don't think you've made playoffs once in the history of the league. It's not like it's Imanalt making a move, you've earnt yourself a fair amount of scepticism by being trade-raped by ButteredToast in the past (see: the Stanton for Dahl deal). He literally admitted in the chat that he was actively trying to rip people off and that he got you to bite. As if that isn't something that's vetoable. Plus I think everyone assumed (correctly so as it turns out) that you didn't realise that Seager was TJ destined, so their natural reaction was to veto.
Don't @ me, Pinko. >:(

Texas Cloverleaf

Yahoo kindly tells me that I'm in the 58th percentile every time I open the page I don't need you telling me I suck at fantasy baseball I'm very keenly aware thank you very much. We go on and on about how our league is super competitive, half our league is 95th percentile plus and Del Rio is literally one of the best by Yahoo's standards and you want to go e me shit for not making playoffs? Buddy against you guys making the playoffs is my championship.

Stanton for Dahl+ was NEVER a trade trade rape, that year I was already out of contention, I was able to retain Stanton for only one more year and he'd just spent every year of my owning him injured for half the year, turns out he stays healthy and explodes but that's not predictable.

You want to veto trades that I make because you think I'm too fucking stupid not to then fine. You want to go off about how I'm such a shitty manager then fine. You want to look at the moves I've made for upside that didn't pan out and use that to justify being an asshole than fine. I'll make the playoffs and win my fucking championship and then dip rather than take that shit from you.

Cause hey guess what I actually have a pretty fucking solid team. Tanking my ass.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was able to retain Stanton for only one more year and he'd just spent every year of my owning him injured for half the year, turns out he stays healthy and explodes but that's not predictable.
For the record, this is explicitly what I wanted to avoid when it came to retaining players past their keeper deadline by trading them to another player. I don't know how to go about addressing this.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yahoo kindly tells me that I'm in the 58th percentile every time I open the page I don't need you telling me I suck at fantasy baseball I'm very keenly aware thank you very much. We go on and on about how our league is super competitive, half our league is 95th percentile plus and Del Rio is literally one of the best by Yahoo's standards and you want to go e me shit for not making playoffs? Buddy against you guys making the playoffs is my championship.

Stanton for Dahl+ was NEVER a trade trade rape, that year I was already out of contention, I was able to retain Stanton for only one more year and he'd just spent every year of my owning him injured for half the year, turns out he stays healthy and explodes but that's not predictable.

You want to veto trades that I make because you think I'm too fucking stupid not to then fine. You want to go off about how I'm such a shitty manager then fine. You want to look at the moves I've made for upside that didn't pan out and use that to justify being an asshole than fine. I'll make the playoffs and win my fucking championship and then dip rather than take that shit from you.

Cause hey guess what I actually have a pretty fucking solid team. Tanking my ass.
You actually have a very solid team this year, your lineup is stacked beyond belief and Corbin and Manea look like cheap studs, but biggie summed it up perfectly (but I have nowhere near the vitriol) - bt doesn't trade to mutually benefit two teams. He trades to scheme and to fuck one team over. That's all. Sorry for coming across as a cunt amongst all this, and your history of finishes shouldn't have come into this at all. At the end of the day, I think we all want the same thing: a competitive and fair league. When one player is deliberately trying to fuck other teams over and is very open about it in the chatrooms, it's something we don't want to see.

For the record, this is explicitly what I wanted to avoid when it came to retaining players past their keeper deadline by trading them to another player. I don't know how to go about addressing this.
That was the only case I can think of it occurring in the history of our league though. We could maybe have a clause that if a player is losing keeper eligibility the following year, even a trade doesn't reset it? I don't know if it's particularly a problem when most teams aren't abusing it though (and I wouldn't even say Texas actually abused it).

For the record, I didn't keep Stanton. I released him because of his cost and re-drafted him. But your point remains valid for future trades/situations. I also still hate keeper leagues in general and really wish we were straight redraft. Getting rid of keepers gets rid of barriers to entry for new smogoners, gives us flexibility, stops you guys from pissing on rebuilding strategies, and forces us to not rely on beating people to call ups to be successful.

Also biggie, if it wasn't for your mom pouring paint on your cereal as a kid and turning you into a Yankee fan, I think we would be best of friends. :)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If you ultimately remain loyal to one team I don't really consider that being a fair weather fan, my definition of the term would partially overlap with a bandwagoner.

My old jaded and bitter self has come to deciding that being too hardcore of a fan of perennially bad teams is the tacit acceptance of allowing management to continue selling consumers a shit product without needing to make plans to improve.

Texas Cloverleaf

I started Dylan Bundy in Fantasy today

In other news I also discovered two new infinity identities

Apparently ERA=Infinity=62.00 and WHIP=Infinity=8.00

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dylan Bundy is literally the biggest tease

Every gd year he comes out blazing and every gd year he runs out of gas, shits his pants, and falls over flailing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)