MLB 2020

Idk what the Red Sox are doing right now, poor management is an understatement... Don't expect much from them this season, which kind of puts me off from watching them all together... Unless they do opt to go with a young homegrown squad with exciting talent.

Idk what the Red Sox are doing right now, poor management is an understatement... Don't expect much from them this season, which kind of puts me off from watching them all together... Unless they do opt to go with a young homegrown squad with exciting talent.
Got you covered fam.

Young Homegrown Players With Exciting Talent
Devers
Bogaerts
Benintendi
Chavis
Vazquez
Bradley Jr (exciting defensively)
ERod
Darwinson Hernandez (more excitement if starter)

Bobby Dalbec is also gonna come up this year and rakes. Durbin Feltman struggled a bit last year in AA, but has 100mph gas and is a closer in the making.

Also... the MLB has reportedly not been able to find any evidence of the Red Sox looking at signs using the video room in 2018. Rob Roenicke is a former manager of the year. Chaim Bloom did what he was hired to do presumably by Red Sox ownership. And that same Red Sox ownership group has won 4 trophies in 16 years.

Sox had the best offense in baseball last year. Even without Mookie they're still elite. The Yankees were able to win the division with CC Sabathia and JA Happ fronting major innings in their rotation.

Sox do the best when they are counted out. Just you watch and see.

Last edited:
My pirates made no moves in the offseason. We could go and sign Puig, but after what happened last year with him and the Pirates I dont think that that would be such a good move. We need outfield help thats for sure and I'm not sure where we get it from. I doubt we would trade we usually don't trade more than twice in an offseason and we already traded Marte away. Also could use starting pitching, being that our ace had a 4.20 ERA last year.

My pirates made no moves in the offseason. We could go and sign Puig, but after what happened last year with him and the Pirates I dont think that that would be such a good move. We need outfield help thats for sure and I'm not sure where we get it from. I doubt we would trade we usually don't trade more than twice in an offseason and we already traded Marte away. Also could use starting pitching, being that our ace had a 4.20 ERA last year.
Y'all will be in a rebuilding mode this year, thanks to cheapskate ownership's unwillingness to keep any player worth a damn

At least y'all got rid of the joke of a manager Clint Hurdle. Maybe the next step would be to stop encouraging bean balls?
As far as actual baseball is concerned, the Pirates were a very good team for a few years but your owner is so cheap he'd rather get rid of any and all star talent than actually winning anything. Your best players rn are Josh Bell and Bryan Reynolds. Big yikes

I decided that I'm officially choosing the Pirates as my NL team for my MLB the Show franchise again after a coworker asked me who was on the Pirates this year and I could only name him Chris Archer and Josh Bell.

One of my favorite franchises the 2009 Pirates run I did with Nyjer Morgan, Ryan Domit, and the LaRoach Brothers. I couldn't get that team to hit for shit outside of Brandon Moss and somehow I was able to pitch Paul Maholm to a Cy Young.

Happy the dysfunctional Pirates are back, frankly.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To everyone who was in the annual redraft league last year, I have renewed it here: Smogon Reset 2020. If you were in the league last year and don't want to be again please let me know ASAP if you could. Actually just DM me either way if you were in the league lol

If you would like to be in the league but were not last year also shoot me a message and I'll invite you.

Also I don't remember exactly who the managers were last year lol I'll try to figure that out and ping everyone tomorrow. Def remember ButteredToast and Captain Skywalker though.

Cheers!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am in dynasty already so don't want to take a spot from anyone but I could do a redraft if you need someone to even the numbers

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok I am retarded and grabbed the wrong player list from the other thread

This is the correct one:
- UncleSam
- biggie
- BigBallerBrand
- ButteredToast
- cb aaron judge
- Captain Skywalker
- DurzaOffTopic
- Mizuhime

If you are in the above list please confirm with me that you want to play again this year. We won't be doing keepers but I imported rosters from last year just so you could see what it was, I can't disable the keeper option until the team list is finalized.

The link to the league is here: Smogon Reset 2020.

Cheers

Texas Cloverleaf we will almost certainly need someone to fill in this year since there were a few less than active managers last year, would love if you could fill in in that case.

Del Rio same.

Stallion is this the year I tempt you to compete in the redraft league?

This is the correct one:
- UncleSam
- biggie
- BigBallerBrand
- ButteredToast
- cb aaron judge
- Captain Skywalker
- DurzaOffTopic
- Mizuhime

If you are in the above list please confirm with me that you want to play again this year. We won't be doing keepers but I imported rosters from last year just so you could see what it was, I can't disable the keeper option until the team list is finalized.

Cheers

Texas Cloverleaf we will almost certainly need someone to fill in this year since there were a few less than active managers last year, would love if you could fill in in that case.

Del Rio same.

I was inactive in the league last year after a couple weeks. I'm sorry about that, I genuinely forgot about it after the draft. I am interested in playing again and this time I'll stay in it. I would prefer a traditional draft over an auction one though but that's just me

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

This is the correct one:
- UncleSam
- biggie
- BigBallerBrand
- ButteredToast
- cb aaron judge
- Captain Skywalker
- DurzaOffTopic
- Mizuhime

Cheers

Del Rio same.

Will the draft be Australian friendly like the keepers league? If so, I'll play.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Will the draft be Australian friendly like the keepers league? If so, I'll play.
I'll send out a survey monkey or something to figure out what time works best once we finalize who is playing.

I'll put you and Texas Cloverleaf down and say that we will plan to expand to ten teams this season (it was 8 last season), and if we lose one other manager then hopefully Del Rio can sub in. If we lose 2 then we will just stay at 8.

Still waiting on responses from the following:
- BigBallerBrand
- cb aaron judge
- DurzaOffTopic
- Mizuhime

Currently confirmed teams:
- UncleSam
- ButteredToast
- Captain Skywalker
- biggie
- Texas Cloverleaf
- Stallion

I'm going to be sending out the invite link to the currently confirmed teams and once I hear back from the above four I'll send out the invite to them as well. I'm not entirely sure whether those who are returning need to actively do anything but I might just create a new fresh league since there won't be keepers anyway.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok it seems like Mizuhime and cb aaron judge wont be rejoining, if either of you do want to rejoin please let me know within 48 hours.

I believe these were teams Bleed Dodger Blue and Nola Contendere. I will be deleting these teams and finalizing the team list this weekend unless someone lets me know that I am mistaken on which team is which. biggie can you confirm you are team give me back my son and Captain Skywalker can you confirm you are team ‘hot n cold team’?

Lastly, the current draft time it turns out does not work for me. Would people be able to do one week earlier? I’ll be sending out a survey monkey if anyone objects to March 14th at 6PM PST, since I’d like to get this finalized and scheduled ASAP before we run out of weekends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)