MLB 2020

Ok it seems like Mizuhime and cb aaron judge wont be rejoining, if either of you do want to rejoin please let me know within 48 hours.

I believe these were teams Bleed Dodger Blue and Nola Contendere. I will be deleting these teams and finalizing the team list this weekend unless someone lets me know that I am mistaken on which team is which. biggie can you confirm you are team give me back my son and Captain Skywalker can you confirm you are team ‘hot n cold team’?

Lastly, the current draft time it turns out does not work for me. Would people be able to do one week earlier? I’ll be sending out a survey monkey if anyone objects to March 14th at 6PM PST, since I’d like to get this finalized and scheduled ASAP before we run out of weekends.
Affirmative.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok it seems like Mizuhime and cb aaron judge wont be rejoining, if either of you do want to rejoin please let me know within 48 hours.

I believe these were teams Bleed Dodger Blue and Nola Contendere. I will be deleting these teams and finalizing the team list this weekend unless someone lets me know that I am mistaken on which team is which. biggie can you confirm you are team give me back my son and Captain Skywalker can you confirm you are team ‘hot n cold team’?

Lastly, the current draft time it turns out does not work for me. Would people be able to do one week earlier? I’ll be sending out a survey monkey if anyone objects to March 14th at 6PM PST, since I’d like to get this finalized and scheduled ASAP before we run out of weekends.
Can't do the week earlier, I'll be interstate for my birthday with my girlfriend

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is for the keeper league.

I understand I'm a bit behind this year, I've been a bit busy.

Let's have everyone claim their teams, shall we?

Los Banditos - biggie CLAIMED
VerlanderSelfieStick- kamranlaker
Acuña Matata - Del Rio CLAIMED
Imanalt - Imanalt CLAIMED
Do You See The Hat? - ButteredToast
Detective Kikuchi - BigBallerBrand CLAIMED
Gleybernator - cb aaron judge CLAIMED
Air Yordan - pookar CLAIMED
The Mookie Monster - Texas Cloverleaf CLAIMED
The Chosen Juan - Stallion CLAIMED

As far as draft times go, gathering some information from the redraft league's availability sheet, I'm thinking we can shoot for Saturday, March 7th EST, Saturday, March 14th EST or Saturday, March 21st EST.

Let me know if any of these work for you. I'll be getting the prior year rosters together shortly, but when do you guys want me to cut off the time for keeper draft costs? For reference last year it was March 10th.

EDIT: From a cursory glance, it looks like almost all players who were kept for their 3rd consecutive season last year (and thus would have been released back into the pool this year) were traded, which IIRC resets their keeper status. Which is something I warned would happen. What (if anything) do we want to do to change this? Also are there any other rules you guys want to change? Let me know,

Last edited:
Acuña Matata - Del Rio
Confirming return

As far as draft times go, gathering some information from the redraft league's availability sheet, I'm thinking we can shoot for Saturday, March 7th EST, Saturday, March 14th EST or Saturday, March 21st EST.
Those days are fine, but the 21st would have to have a draft time earlier than 7 PM EST

EDIT: From a cursory glance, it looks like almost all players who were kept for their 3rd consecutive season last year (and thus would have been released back into the pool this year) were traded, which IIRC resets their keeper status. Which is something I warned would happen. What (if anything) do we want to do to change this? Also are there any other rules you guys want to change? Let me know,
Nothing

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah im me

also the 14th would be preferable for me because theres an outside chance i have to work on the 21st

biggie

champ
yeah im me

also the 14th would be preferable for me because theres an outside chance i have to work on the 21st
Looks like the weekend of the 14th is no go. Will you be able to make the 21st? That's looking like the only day we can do.

EDIT: Also I need to know when I should cut off keeper costs. LMK people.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
CURRENT LIST OF KEEPERS ON EACH TEAM FOR MULTIPLE YEARS:

Current Team namePlayer NameYears Remaining
Los BanditosPatrick Corbin
2​
Los BanditosAdalberto Mondesi
2​
Acuna MatataCody Bellinger
1​
Acuna MatataTrevor Bauer
2​
Acuna MatataOzzie Albies
1​
Acuna MatataRonald Acuña Jr.
1​
Acuna MatataEugenio Suárez
2​
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaRhys Hoskins
1​
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaAaron Judge
1​
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaAndrew Benintendi
1​
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaChristian Yelich
2​
GleybernatorBlake Snell
2​
GleybernatorGleyber Torres
2​
GleybernatorGeorge Springer
1​
GleybernatorLuis Severino
1​
The Mookie MonsterMike Trout
2​
The Mookie MonsterVladimir Guerrero Jr.
2​
The Mookie MonsterEduardo Rodriguez
2​
The Mookie MonsterMookie Betts
2​
VerlanderSelfieStickAnthony Rendon
1​
VerlanderSelfieStickEloy Jiménez
2​
VerlanderSelfieStickLorenzo Cain
2​
VerlanderSelfieStickRich Hill
1​
ImanaltJ.T. Realmuto
2​
ImanaltJosé Ramírez
1​
ImanaltFreddie Freeman
1​
ImanaltAaron Nola
1​
ImanaltGerrit Cole
2​
ImanaltWalker Buehler
2​
Detective KikuchiMike Moustakas
2​
Detective KikuchiMarcell Ozuna
1​
Detective KikuchiTrevor Story
2​
Air YordanNoah Syndergaard
2​
Air YordanJose Altuve
2​
The Chosen JuanGerman Márquez
2​
The Chosen JuanJack Flaherty
2​
The Chosen JuanMike Clevinger
2​
The Chosen JuanChris Sale
2​
The Chosen JuanJuan Soto
2​
The Chosen JuanWhit Merrifield
2​

Anyone else on your final roster from last season has not been used as a keeper yet and is eligible to be kept for 3 years. If you have any problems with the list, let me know.

For reference, there are only 3 2 players being released back into the pool because they had been kept the full 3 years AND they ended the season on the same roster as the team that they were drafted onto. You guys really like to get around the whole 'release a player back into the pool' thing by trading them to another team. These 3 2 players are Gary Sanchez, Justin Verlander, and Daniel Murphy.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In fairness, the players who are kept are generally the best which generally means they're the best trade chips in making an upgrade. Trea was my best trade chip that I could most afford to lose when I needed to upgrade pitching last year regardless of his keeper status. I'm sure others have similar stories.

biggie

champ
In fairness, the players who are kept are generally the best which generally means they're the best trade chips in making an upgrade. Trea was my best trade chip that I could most afford to lose when I needed to upgrade pitching last year regardless of his keeper status. I'm sure others have similar stories.
Then that (at least somewhat) diminishes the purpose of the 3 year max rule. The players don't get back into the pool all it does is ensure a trade to another team to reset the clock.

EDIT: It also does not allow players' cost to become what they actually should be. If a player's draft cost is artificially deflated because you pounced on them at $1 (Ronald Acuna is a good example), then gets traded in year 3 of the window, they won't cost more than half of what they should unless for some miracle they don't get kept. For this season it's probably too late, but perhaps we need to add an addendum to the rule that if a keeper is traded, their cost next year resets to the projected cost.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Preliminary keeper list

Eduardo Rodriguez - $5
Hyun-Jin Ryu - $4.5 / Xander Bogaerts - $22
Josh Bell - $6
Yoan Moncada - $9
Vladito - $10
Zack Wheeler - $7

Total cost: $41.5 / 59

Other considerations, bogaerts, Gallo, Reynolds

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For what it’s worth if you made it a true three-year keeper system I’d consider joining next year. As is it would be insane to join from an outsider perspective because all the other teams have basically the first three rounds of a normal draft locked up at half or three-quarters price. That’s way too large an advantage tbh.

I don’t dislike the dynamic of keeper leagues in general but the way the Smogon one is set up is too difficult to break into as of now imo. But it’s also not my league and I can see why established teams would want as much of an advantage as possible.

biggie

champ
For what it’s worth if you made it a true three-year keeper system I’d consider joining next year. As is it would be insane to join from an outsider perspective because all the other teams have basically the first three rounds of a normal draft locked up at half or three-quarters price. That’s way too large an advantage tbh.

I don’t dislike the dynamic of keeper leagues in general but the way the Smogon one is set up is too difficult to break into as of now imo. But it’s also not my league and I can see why established teams would want as much of an advantage as possible.
Not really sure what the difference would be; this is inherent in auction-draft keeper leagues. There are still massive costs for some players (Trout for $70, Betts for $48, J.D. Martinez for $51, etc.) but there are considerable cost savings for others (Gleyber Torres for $9, Ronald Acuna Jr. for $18, Pete Alonso for $1 all before being adjusted up). If we were to increase the number of teams then yeah something probably would have to be adjusted but we have people taking over 1 or 2 teams every year without incident.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Not really sure what the difference would be; this is inherent in auction-draft keeper leagues. There are still massive costs for some players (Trout for $70, Betts for $48, J.D. Martinez for $51, etc.) but there are considerable cost savings for others (Gleyber Torres for $9, Ronald Acuna Jr. for $18, Pete Alonso for $1 all before being adjusted up). If we were to increase the number of teams then yeah something probably would have to be adjusted but we have people taking over 1 or 2 teams every year without incident.
The difference would be that any player would be guaranteed to go back into the draft within a three year period, thus ensuring that teams will at least be able to fight for roughly a third of the top tier players every year rather than none of them.

UncleSam

Leading this village
UncleSam can we push the smog reset league draft time earlier by 0.5-2 hours? Monday being a work day and all the extra 30-120 mins makes a big deal
Could you send this to the PM group and / or post it in the league message board? I have no complaints to moving it up but if someone else does it’s a bit too close to the draft date for me to feel comfortable moving it if someone has a complaint.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Preliminary list:

Juan Soto
Matt Olsen
Jack Flaherty
Mike Clevinger
Bo Bichette
Austin Meadows

I'm on my mobile right now, so can't be bothered looking up keeper prices.

Edit: replaced Bregman with Matt Olsen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)